• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 310 Views, 0 Comments

The Forgotten Elements - Eternal Dawn



In a land far from Equestria, some long and forgotten once inhabitants find their world falling. When their time is the darkest, the long lost heroes of their past rise from the ashes, and the Forgotten Elements cross with the Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
 0
 310

Chapters 2 & 3: Reborn Anew, Dark Days Past (Book 1)

Chapter 2: Reborn Anew

Lightning’s eyes slowly opened again, a loud groan accompanying his wake. Wherever they had taken him, he was in a sort of cell, rather sizable. And rightfully so, he wasn’t alone. The cells had at least a dozen other in it, one of them didn’t look he’d been here long.Actually, he looked more like a university student than anything. This, though raised more questions than it answered. Was he really at a gladiator arena? It sounded like one, sure, but who the hell puts a university student into combat? As he tried to stand, another, more interesting question came to mind. Who the hell sends a pegasus who can’t stand to battle? And more importantly, why is he unable to stand. As if on cue, the scholarly stallion in the corner seems to give him his answer.

“What’d they say, you were struck by lightning yes?” Lightning could only manage a nod at this point, not caring to test his abilities of speech, if they still existed. “That would probably explain why you can’t move at all. Zapped all your muscle memory away. You’re going to have to re-learn how to walk, fly, pretty much everything. Have fun with that. Assuming they don’t kill you first.” Oh, great. Not going to sugar coat it. Well, at least he could rely on this guy to tell him the cold hard truth. Maybe he’d be willing to explain to those fine gentlecolts who brought him here why he’s a wasted investment. Wasted investment is probably the wrong term though, to them that means ‘target practice’. What else would they classify him as, though? His thoughts were interrupted, finally, by a banging on the steel door. He immediately looked up, and there they were, the two that brought him here.

“Alright, get up you lazy shits it’s time for practice!” The door opened, and with a sigh everypony exited. Except Lightning, who rather frustratedly sat there, unable to move. “Are yah deaf or what? Get yer flank moving!” He could only manage an eyeroll at this, and, once again, the scholar was right on time to do his job of explaining things. Why, he was even so nice as to start off with a bemused chuckle.

“He’s not going to be walking for a while, good luck, with that.”

“What do yah mean?”

“He got hit by lightning, yes?”

“Yes. Why?”

“His muscle memory and control is gone. He’s going to have to re-learn how to walk.”

“Oh fer fucks sake. Bastard lives from a white lightning strike, but can’t walk afterwards.”

“He’s lucky to be alive.” Yes, sitting here unable to move bound in chains of slavery and doomed to die for the amusements of thousands. How lucky am i? Lighting rolled his eyes again, at this point, he’d really rather them just kill him. How was he supposed to fight in the arena anyway? He’d never used a sword, and he was born without element. Sure he could obviously take a beating, but nopony is invincible. He thought, maybe, if he asked nicely they might kill him. Though more likely, is that they’d laugh and let him live to continue laughing at his misery. They were having enough joy, so he’d avoid giving them more.

“And how do we get him walking again?”

“Oh, you? You, my good sir, do nothing. This is the waiting game. Eventually, through sheer force, the connection broken between brain and muscle will re connect. Flying, on the other hand; well, he’ll have to learn that again. Good luck finding a trainer too, anypony can easily recognize the Banished and Disowned Prince when they see him.” Oh for fucks sake it’s been eleven years and they still recognize me. Dammit. He knew his father hated him, but for fucks sake he didn’t think the colt was that much of a bastard. Then again, its hard to think that about a father who sent his son away, for free, as a slave, without a care in the world. Actually, with that in mind, this is probably pretty generous of him. He was expecting something much more appropriate from that asshole, given how much of one he was. He had completely lost track of their conversation now, it seems they were considering killing him. The scholar, though, was given them quite an optimistic side of it. The last pony to survive a strike by such a pure form of energy, was Light Strike, and as far as anything anypony had ever seen, he was as much like a god as the Alicorns who ruled Equestria. And surely, the scholar argued, that since he had survived this, he may be some sort of spiritual successor. In which case, he would undoubtedly win them millions. Lightning laughed at this, mentally of course. If he were the essence he’d break out of here, killing everypony in the process. But it’s rather difficult for one not born of element to actually control lightning at all. So the chance of this was about as hilarious as him ever flying again. Finally, they seemed to conclude it. The scholar left, the door was slammed shut, and the slavers disappeared. Now he was left alone, in the dark, with nothing but his thoughts and memories.

Chapter 3: Dark Days Past

Not another of those damned dreams. Why was he even dreaming about that? Is this really the thing a twelve year old should be thinking, or dreaming about? Well, maybe, it is about that time when hormones kick in. But this, this wasn’t quite the same as that. How it happened, it was a surprise indeed. Just like she said it would be.

“Come on now, it’ll be a surprise.”

“I don’t want too, i’ll get in trouble if i stop working!”

“You’ll get in more trouble if my father hears you hit his daughter.”

“But i…” She held a whip, ready to hit herself with it. He suddenly realized just how serious she was. Unsure of any other option, he followed her into the small shed. Where he got his surprise. A small wrench to the side of the head, a kick to the ground, and she was ontop of him. A devious smile on her face, and a strange, hungry look in her eyes. As he pondered what she could be doing, he began feeling a rather pleasant sensation. And then it made sense to him what was happening, aside from her next sentence giving it away.

“The surprise is, you get to be my own little playtoy. Willing or not.” The feeling only persisted, growing stronger and stronger and…

He fought to cut off the memory there before he somehow got himself excited again. This place, it twisted everypony. The things their minds had conditioned themselves to enjoy, just to make the pain less. It was disgusting, yet he knew in the back of his mind he welcomed the thought, the idea of it. It was twisted, but clearly so was he. Six years he’d been here, how many more would have to endure?