• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 344 Views, 1 Comments

Thanks given - MichelleTwistaloo



The fillies and mares of Ponyville (plus one dragon) and what they're thankful for, and what it brings to them, a Thanks Giving story

  • ...
 1
 344

for a lot of reasons

“You seem awful quiet, Vinyl, isn’t there something you’re thankful for in your life?”

Vinyl wanted to nod, and keep on with her easy going attitude, just promptly shake her mane and beat her head to the rythm. The truth was, there were lots of things she was thankful for, starting with the mare next to her. The night scene of course, her music, beats and bass sounds, as well as the chance to be with her marefriend, and travel with their ensemble, in an orchestra. It was a joy....

But it didn’t sound right to her ears...words couldn’t express that. But a beat could! She quickly set to work on it.


“Why do I have to write a dumb composition on what I’m thankful for anyway? I mean, honestly...!”

Every pony except Silver Spoon avoided Diamond Tiara, even more so today because she was on “rambling” mode. The filly was complaining about the composition she had to make, and while others had less than her, she didn’t see what she could possibly be thankful for.

By her side Silver Spoon smiled, a warm smile of joy, as she enjoyed the creaking of the falling leaves under her hooves. Diamond noticed the smile and suddenly she had something really nice to write about (the teacher would appreciate niceness she was sure).


“Ok., so the pumpkin ride was a bad idea”

Sweetie Belle reminded the other two crusaders of last time they had tried to earn their cutie marks in thanks giving decoration.

“But we’re improving! Maybe if we say what we’re thankful for, we’ll earn them!”

At 3, the fillies would say them in one voice.

“My sister, oh and singing!”

“Rainbow Dash, and cool gears!”

“My sister! Oh and my brother and my granny and....”

The other two stopped to look at Apple Bloom, with a “C’mon now, seriously?” Look on their face, as she continued detailing every single member of the Apple family from Ponyville to Manehattan to Appleloosa.
...
“No darling”

“But yeah!”

“I said it won’t do!”


“But of course it will!”

“It’s flawed in execution”

“Well you made it!”

“Precisely, let me correct the minor stitch problem”

“But it’s so....argh, I sat here for hours so you could take my measurements! I hate being still!”

“Then maybe you shouldn’t have eaten those cupcakes, and gained weight!”

“Hey!”

“Be thankful for me”

Rainbow still yammered on a few words, but they both knew she was grateful for Rarity’s help, stupid gala event or not.


“Are you thankful for me?”

“Yeah Spike”

“And what else?”

Twilight, who was doing politics (her code word for, sit down read a lot, rinse and repeat) slammed her head against the book.

“Why do you care so much for?”

Some of Spike’s quills seemed to drop.

“Well, it’s thanks giving, isn’t it? We should be thankful, and I’m thankful for you!”

“I’m thankful for you too, Spike, oh and books!” – She let out an oversized gasp! – “I’m definitively thankful for books! I love them!”

Spike quickly left before the entire room was filled with the wonders of books.


“Honestly Vinyl, I appreciate that you’re thankful! But you’re going to wake up the neighbors!”

As if to prove the honesty of the situation Vinyl found the lights on the house next door turning themselves on. Vinyl didn’t stop though the digitized screams of “DJ pon3” coming through, this one was going to be an original, “I’m grateful for...”, she called it.

But the neighbors didn’t seem to appreciate her sense of gratitude, as the door opened and someone stood at their door knocking. Against the heavier shaking of the walls, the knocking was nothing, but, in reality, Octavia had heard it.

“Sorry, sorry, I’ll handle her!”

A scream of “VINYYYYYYYYYYL!”, was heard, not an uncommon occurrence.


“Aren’t you grateful for the invitation to the party?”

The party....Rainbow observed the “party” which, compared to one thrown by one of her friends was boring her. It had proper decor for a fancy one, and it was somehow proper and formal. But she couldn’t let loose. And that stitch the friend of hers had stitched still bothered her.

She was bored out of her mind, she wished that something happened, but she couldn’t act rude, she smiled (one smile which didn’t reach her eyes) and she grinded her teeth together. Yes, she was grateful.


“But whether it’s sneaking through bushes to hear the latest gossip, laugh at failures, or juggle around, me and Silver Spoon always have the best fun. Though we may be from a higher social status, that doesn’t makes us any less friends. We adore each other, and are friends, to the core .And that’s why I’m so grateful to have a friend like Silver Spoon.”

A few colts and fillies clapped, not particularly fast, though Diamond noticed Silver was clapping hard, maybe she was a tad embarrassed, but she was happy, which made her feel ok. It was a boring afternoon and their work was being cut short by the lingering sun, which made them all desire to stand outside. Though they weren’t allowed to.

The next pair to present their work, the cutie mark crusaders (wasn’t that a trio, instead of a pair?) went and unraveled a piece of scroll, it unraveled down the floor and it unraveled even more until the door. Sweetie made a gesture towards Apple Bloom and told her in a hush (that everyone could hear) “I told you every one in your family was too much!”

Diamond Tiara tried to keep focus but between “Apple doofus” and “Apple derped” she lost interest.


And so the mares of Ponyville were thankful, and so were the fillies, no matter how much of a bore they all had to face, even Spike, among all the work he did for Twilight, was thankful, for the day he got, as Twilight read, was great.

Comments ( 1 )

And after thanksgiving, Spike went back to being the abused library slave. The End

Now... It's time to pony

Login or register to comment