• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 1,030 Views, 5 Comments

The Little Rainbow (Revised Version) - TheDashie



This is a story about how Rainbow Dash has to deal with the issues of being turned into a child again after a battle with Discord. Will she be able to get back to her normal age, or will she have to grow up all over again.

  • ...
0
 5
 1,030

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

For those that have read my other 'The Little Rainbow', this is a rewritten one. I am going back and fixing a lot of the errors that were in the previous one. Even though this is a rewrite, I am deciding to change a few things here and there. There should be almost no grammatical errors in this revised version. Thinking first reading and if you have any questions or problems about the story please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possibl . Thank you for reading, please be sure to thumbs up or down.

Rainbow Dash woke up on what had seemed like a normal day to her, the sun shining into her room and the sound of birds chirping outside. She had shifted a little bit in her bed to go back to sleep until her phone had started to ring, groaning to herself she lifted it up and answered the call. "Hello?" Rainbow spoke, her voice a little scratchy from just waking up.

"Rainbow! It's me Twilight, Discord has escaped from the cell he was in and is making his way towards town! Please get your element on and meet the rest of us outside the middle of town, hurry Rai-" The phone call was cut off by Rainbow ended the call and sighing to herself, she didn't really want to get up but she also couldn't leave her friends hanging when they needed her. Getting up she quickly got dressed in a pair of dark blue blue jeans, her sneakers, and a light blue hoodie. "Here we go.." She grabbed her bracelet that held her element, Loyalty. Sliding it on her wrist she made her was out of the door and took off into the sky, making her way into town.

She was almost to where Twilight had said to meet up before she noticed the sky was a bit darker than normal just over the the forest that rested on the east side of town, figuring that it was a sign Discord had almost made it into town she sped up. Making to the others she landed a bit wrong and ended up tumbling forward, groaning softly she rubbed her head and stood up. "Alright, let's hurry up and trap him for good this time.. It's my day off and I was hoping I would be able to sleep in.." Rainbow went on complaining before she was stopped by her best friend AJ.

"You have all day to catch up with sleeping sugar cube, besides it'll only take us a moment to use ah elements to trap him. Plus you sleep almost all day anyways, even when you have to work!" AJ gave Rainbow a hand in standing herself up before giving her a friendly pat on the back, chucking when she saw Rainbow grumble to herself about how she practically was right. They were about to continue on with their conversation before Twilight chimed in, "Guys, please save the chit chat for after we've stopped Discord and made sure the town is safe.."

"Relax Twi, this is like the fourth time we've had to deal with him. Every time he tries to break free and wreck havoc he barely even does any, plu-" Rainbow's talking was cut off by Rarity placing her hand over her mouth. "Please cut down on the talking dear, Pinkie has been driving me absolutely crazy while we waited for you to arrive.. I dont think I can handle that much energy, it worse than when Sweetie has her friends over for a sleep over!"

"That's soooooo not true Rarity!" Pinkie chimed in before Twilight had to get all the girls to be quiet, "Guys! Calm down, we have a problem at hand here! Now let's just be quiet and take care of this issue.." Twilight sighed to herself softly as she rubbed her left temple with her middle and index finger, turning and making her way towards the forest to confront Discord before he reached the town. "Just follow me and for the love of god act like your adults!" Twilight held back most of her annoyance with the group as she smiled when she was met with some silence that she could actually think about how they were going to deal with him this time, but her smile faltered when the beautiful silence was broken.

"Planning on stopping me are we?" A deep voice was heard coming from the forest as the group stopped and got ready to take Discord on. "Hm? What's this? You have the elements the see.. Are you guys to weak that you need your fancy jewelry to get the best of me?" A grin crossed Discord's face as he noticed the annoyed look on the specific person he was playing mind games with, Rainbow.

"I could beat you in my sleep!" Rainbow shouted at Discord, causing the others to look at her with an annoyed look. "Rainbow.. I swear to god if you let him get to you I'm going to kick your ass.." AJ gave Rainbow a small warning but grinned when she saw what she had say work, turning back to look at Discord laughing to himself in amusement. "If your so sure about that why don't you prove it?" He spoke as he held his arms out to the side, "Come and get me.."

Rainbow had began to get annoyed, taking off towards Discord before AJ grabbed the back of her hoodie to hold her back, "Let me go AJ! I just want to beat his face in!" She turned around to look at AJ with an annoyed look, managing to get out of her hold. Grinning she turned around to face Discord, but instead of seeing him she just saw a bright light of magic coming towards her. Rainbow made a move to dodge the magic but wasn't quick enough when it came in contact with her stomach, falling back and making a small 'oof' noise. Twilight saw Rainbow get hit with the magic Discord had hit her with, the colors within the magical beam something she had never seen before. Before any of the girls were able to check on Rainbow she stood up and dusted herself off, "Well that kinda tickled, was your plan to tickle me or something?"

Discord opened his mouth to answer but was instead met with the beam of magic Twilight had used, using him being distracted by Rainbow to activate the elements and trap him in his stone prison once more. Once the girls had managed to get the statue on its way back to the Princess by showing Royal Guard where it was everyone turned their attention to Rainbow, who was dusting herself off a bit. "Rainbow? Are you feeling okay.. That magic was something I've never seen before, I don't know what it could've done to you. I dont think I've even re-" Twilight was cut off from talking by Rainbow, "I'm fine, in all honesty it just tickled a little bit. No major harm done other then my hoodie getting some dirt on it."

"I would let her check you dear, just to be on the safe side.." Rarity spoke up as she stood beside Twilight, getting agreement from the others. "It did look like a very powerful spell, I don't think I've seen Twilight even do one that strong!" Rainbow sighed softly as she tried to assure everyone she was alright, even though she was feeling a little strange.

"Guys, I promise I'm fine. All I need to do is go home a sleep, the spell didn't do anything to me!" Rainbow kept going on until she was interrupted by Twilight, "Well it does seem like nothing happened to her guys, may be it was a false spell to try and scare us.. If all it did was feel like it was tickling you Rainbow I guess your okay to go ahead and go ho-" Twilight was cut short when Rainbow smiled and took off into the direction of her house.

"Do ya' really think she'll be alright Twilight?" AJ stopped Twilight to ask her if she was sure while the other girls went on and headed home. "Well.. I'm not completely sure, but she didn't have any side effects other than it feeling like it was tickling her. There has been many times when people would cast a 'false spell.' They make the spell look like it's dangerous but in all reality it was just to buy them some time by striking fear into the other side.." Twilight had began to go on, giving AJ several examples of when false spells were used in the past.

"Well that's interesting and all but ah should be getting home sugar cube, every since the family moved to live me mah cousin I've been running the farm all by my self.. I wish I could've gone with them but I couldn't leave my friends.. " AJ sighed to herself as she remembered that she needed to write another letter to send her family before she said her goodbye to Twilight and began to walk back to her farm.

______________________________________________________

Rainbow sighed to herself as she made it back to her house and went inside, feeling a little tired after the small fight with Discord. Getting into her room she got a pair shorts and a loose shirt to wear before she went into her bathroom to run a nice, hot bath. After the bath was ran she got in and let herself sink into the warmth, stretching out her back a bit before she felt the comforting pop on her lower back. "Oh that felt great.." Rainbow sighed happily as she closed her eyes and relaxed, letting the time pass by until the water had began to turn cold.

Deciding it was about time to get out she let the water drain out of the tub before she got up and dried off, fluffing up her hair as she dried it with the towel. She got dressed rather lazily before she threw her dirty laundry into the hamper and made her way back to her bedroom, getting into bed before she noticed she had a message from all of the girls asking if she was okay. Picking up her phone she sent all of them but AJ that she was feeling fine before she let out a yawn, laying back on bed and closing her eyes. Rainbow was almost asleep when she heard that it started to rain outside, smiling softly to herself as she loved sleeping when it rained, finding the noise comforting to sleep to. Whithin a few minutes she was out like a light, sleeping like a rock until the light from the next morning began to shine into her room. She placed her left hand over her face as she tried to block out the sun light, her attempt failing and leading to her siting up. As she rolled over and sat up she noticed her phone had a fee messaged from the girls, choosing to ignore them until she had gotten herself ready for the day day. She lightly scratched her head as she slid off of her bed and noticed her shorts had fallen off, shrugging to herself as she made her way into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Not noticing anything different she walked into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes a little bit before she turned her head to look at the mirror.. That's when she noticed something was up, she wasn't able to see over the counter and look into her mirror. In almost a panic she hurried out if the bathroom and got a chair from her kitchen, practically having to push it into the bathroom before she got on top of it and looked into the mirror. Her eyes widened as she reached up and placed her hands on the side of her face before she began to look over her body with a shocked look on her face. "Oh my god.. No... No no no no no.. This is not happening.. It can't be real, I'm just dreaming.."