• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 3,294 Views, 31 Comments

Make Me Bad - GivingSpider



Even after being reformed Discord still wants to cause just a bit of chaos every now and then; and he's got a new plan on how to get away with it. One that involves tricking his marefriend Fluttershy into folowing his riskiest scheme yet.

  • ...
15
 31
 3,294

Chapter 1

Characters used here are property of their respective owners.
-



The glow of a slowly dying fire offered some light to the unfamiliar room. The light didn’t really help much as all everything looked like out of focus blobs that seemed to meld together and exactly four feet away from him. Discord flexed as he rolled in strange, soft and very warm sheets. He had difficulty figuring out the exact dimensions of the bed he woke up in but was quite confident in the notion that it was not where he had fallen asleep. He arched his back and gave his limbs another stretch before sitting upright. The shapeless masses were just as unrecognizable but his thoughts were much clearer.

Discord grinned as he let himself fall back into the strange bed and wanted to laugh. The events leading up to his nap were fresh in his mind and that scheme was easily among his best. The possible reasons for why he woke up in such a comfortable setting were very favorable when rolled around his mind.

The Draconequus squirmed around across the new mattress as he continued to enjoy his situation. The brand new living arrangements were a much welcome perk but the intended fruits of his labor were infinitely more enticing.

He thought of a simple day with few clouds and a gentle breeze. He thought of that picnic that Fluttershy had invited him to. He thought of how she felt when she lied across his body as he held her. He thought about how much he had grown to care about the gentle Pegasus.

He thought about how much he missed the freedom he once had and how it felt when a plan to have both formed in his mind. It wasn’t malicious in nature. It was possibly a little selfish at first and he did remember asking himself if he should or could carry out his scheme before it began. Discord took another toss about in the sheets as the images formed in his mind and completely blocked out the room he couldn’t quite focus on.

It was a very quiet afternoon. They shared a few apples and half a bottle of mellow wine. The shade from the lone tree made her eyes more radiant and for a brief moment he was reminded of her short time as that quite alluring bat like creature. A few heavy rain clouds in the distance were approaching rather quickly but they weren’t in any hurry to leave. Discord plainly said that they didn’t have to leave right off, that he could simply teleport them back to her cottage just before the first drops hit them. He went on talking about how tempting it was to use his power to change the impending weather. He very gradually let a small degree of his power seep into her body as he talked about how it felt like how Celestia offered him a second chance and friendship sometimes felt like a leash. Discord remembered how quickly she caught on to him.

Fluttershy was usually always a soft spoken and timid mare who was about as ignorable as a small fence; but when pushed to speak in defense of anypony she called friend she became a solid stone fortified wall that seemed to tilt as if threatening to fall on the offending party. Her words did sting on a few counts even though he very much enjoyed seeing her assert herself. He endured the lecture while paying just enough attention to be able to show that he was listening. He stopped giving her his energy and waited for her to finish. The dark clouds drew closer and as her speech drew to a close they had blocked out a great deal of the sun’s rays. He smoothly changed his tone and proceeded with the difficult part of his plan.

He stopped rolling around in the new bed as he paused to reflect on phase two as it echoed in his mind. The more the thought about it, the more he realized that he deviated a lot from his script. He remembered talking about the temptations that came with his power. He talked about how hard it was sometimes to do more than play on the fence and not slowly venture to the other side. He almost sounded like a recovering addict and in a way he was.

It was at that point that Fluttershy had driven a wrench into the machine that made his scheme tick. She looked him right in his mismatched eyes and told him that if it was too hard then he should give her his powers to hold onto to give him a break.

He planned on slowly weaving his words until suggesting that he give her some of his power for a day to prove that it was hard to possess what might be unlimited cosmic power and do nothing with it. He planned on cutting his power right down the middle and being right there at her first show of weakness. He planned on her gaining a new understanding of his position and her agreeing to give him a little more slack on the leash. He never calculated the possibility that she would so quickly agree to go along ad he never fathomed that she would suggest it. He remembered taking another moment to compare her shaded figure to the ‘Flutterbat’ he only saw once before steadily putting most of his magic into her.

His trip on the memory train grew fuzzy after that. The sudden drain left him fatigued. He did remember using some of his remaining strength to send them to her house. He remembered her helping him to her own bed. He remembered watching her leave the room. Discord could have sworn that he even tasted victory; or it could have just been lingering notes from the wine but he chose to call it victory. He recalled curling up in her bed under the simple quilt and elected to take just a small nap. He recalled looking forward to see what she would do with his power as much as he looked forward to inevitably getting some more freedom. He recalled grinning as words echoed in his head. While he gave her his magic and daydreamed of his mare friend as a bat pony he swore that she had confidently whispered ‘Make me…bad’.

Discord sat back up and with a heavy sigh he became very aware of heavy guilt for manipulating her the way he did. The bed was nice, the thoughts of the mischief he could get into were very nice, the images of ‘Flutterbat’ were downright tempting him; but he couldn’t escape the fact that it still felt wrong. He sighed as it hit him that he saw her as more than just somepony he was dating.

She was someone that the former ‘Master of Chaos’ had genuinely fallen in love with.

Discord blinked as the room started to come into focus. The room was much larger than the one he fell asleep in. Large heavy curtains hung over the windows and they kept a great deal of the natural sunlight out. The walls were an earthy green and the door looked like it was made of tree bark. He got out of bed and became aware of the large carpet at his feet. It looked like a tangled mess of moss covered tree roots and spent some time challenging its symmetry. He became increasingly aware that he had no idea where he was and juggled the possibility that Fluttershy had done a lot of remodeling. He made his way to the window and moved the curtain and was greeted by the sun setting in the distance just beyond the grand city of Canterlot.

He plucked his eyes from his head, briefly polished them on his chest and then set them back in. The view hadn’t changed. He was still looking down at the city that seemed to exist just to prove the dominion of the royal Alicorn sisters. He amused the thought that Fluttershy had a new grand home to rival the castle. He glanced around and quickly realized that he was in the fore mentioned castle. He looked around the outside world a final time; and when it didn’t change he closed the curtain. He came to the conclusion that the questions would grow until he found Fluttershy and wasted no time going beyond the solid wooden door that proved much heavier than it first appeared. He glanced around the hall that greeted him, and for a moment it looked like he was inside a giant tree. The windows let in the light and he noticed that there were no torches or lamps along the walls anymore. The guards now wore brown armor and somehow even more stern facial expressions. Twilight Sparkle was…Discord lost track of his observations as he marched towards her. They eyes stayed locked onto each other and Discord steeled himself for quite the argument or more likely a tongue lashing.

She stopped in front of him and drew a deep breath.

“Discord.” She began in her usual confident manner. “I see you’ve decided to wake up after sleeping in that room for a few days.”

Discord paused and he could almost hear gears in his head grind to a halt. She sounded almost like the way she usually had but something was off. It was if she was much more aware of her limitations and at the same time at peace with them. It reminded him of how she was back when he turned her friends on themselves only this time Twilight Sparkle had no regret in her voice; only a sort of relaxed acceptance.

“Fluttershy will want to see you in the…throne room…when you’re ready.”

Twilight took in a steady breath as she left. Discord has many questions and many more theories forming in his head. He wanted to ask her what was going on. He wanted to ask her what happened to the castle. He wanted to know why Fluttershy would be in the throne room. He even wanted to know why she wasn’t angrily accusing him of anything. He even wanted to know why part of him was disappointed that she wasn’t up in his face about anything even though it was painfully obvious that he had a claw and a paw in the current state of affairs. He abandoned his confident march in favor of a dead run. He silently uttered a prayer to no one in particular that the layout of the castle had remained unchanged.

The grand doors to the throne were very different. It looked like he was about to go inside a great tree despite already seeming to be inside a tree. The large doors looked like great strips of bark; the handles looked like sturdy branches that may have borne fruit. The symbols representing the sun and the moon were gone. The door was now accented by three butterflies that looked startlingly similar to the ones found on Fluttershy’s body.


He hesitated before throwing the doors open. What was he about to walk into? Was he about to gaze upon Fluttershy the Conqueror? Fluttershy the new Queen of Chaos and Equestria? Fluttershy the very resourceful and clever mare willing to go to extreme lengths to play a revenge prank on him? Would she be half mad and rip the rest of his power from him? Would she be curled up in a fetal position begging him to take it all back?

He shook his head and took several deep breaths. He admitted to himself that perhaps he was looking too far into things. Maybe she was truly happy with her new self. Maybe there wasn’t much to feel guilty about. Maybe he was having a fevered dream inspired by stress from losing so much power at once.

He pushed open the mighty doors and marched forward into the unknown. There were no windows to let in any light or any torches. All the light was provided by strange, tall, cyan mushrooms that grew from heavy moss covered roots that stretched to the end of the audience chamber. The room no longer had great banners bearing the sun and the moon. There was only one throne. The walls were no longer that clean white nothing; but the same design that the rest of the castle had been given. He stopped in his tracks and felt soft soil beneath his feet. He saw a few fruit bearing trees where white load bearing pillars used to be.

His eyes fell to the left of the throne that seemed carved from the body of a white oak tree. Chrysalis, the Queen of the Changelings was seated on the leaf strewn floor with reddened eyes. Her breathing seemed stressed like she had just gone through something unwanted. She did not appear angry but rather at a composed state despite evidence of tears. Her breathing slowly became calmer and she slowly wiped at her eyes. Discord found the scene growingly fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Her head was resting in the lap of the throne’s occupant, her mane being gently brushed with a bright yellow brush with very familiar looking butterflies decorating the back. With curiosity as his only rational strength he let his eyes gaze upon the figure in the new throne.

She sat on her seat the way the human obsessed Unicorn would. She appeared slightly taller in stature than he recalled, but that might have been an illusion from the new glow of confidence she bore. Her coat seemed darker but that could have been from the low light level of the room. Her eyes were a deep crimson red; a detail that could not be credited to circumstance. Her wings were as neat and groomed as he remembered but the shape was off as they were now akin to a bat’s figure rather than a Pegasus. She had small yet very noticeable fangs that hung over her bottom lip that looked just as sharp if not sharper than his own solitary tooth. Her ears were different as well. They now had a more pronounced shape and had a distinct point instead of being rounded. She looked down at the Changeling matron the way she always looked upon everypony. She wore that same caring gaze which seemed to the only thing from her former self.

Discord’s mind swarmed with many contradicting thoughts. The ‘Flutterbat’ his inner thoughts desired was more than mere fantasy now but she was clearly not how he imagined it. She was not a beast running on the most basic instincts. She was nothing to be controlled in reality or in play. She was in charge and very aware of it, and she didn’t need to do anything to show it.

He paused. Fluttershy was simply ‘there’, just like she always was.

She looked up at him and smiled a familiar gentle smile. She slowly pulled the mane brush away from Chrysalis and gently spoke into the Changeling’s ear.

“You can go Chrysalis. I’m glad we’ve come to an understanding and everypony will be better off for it.”

Chrysalis slowly got up and started towards the doors at the end of the room. Her eyes met with Discord’s as she passed.

“What did you do?” She half whispered as she moved by him without slowing for an answer. He couldn’t tell if she was bewildered or hiding pure unadulterated thoughts of revenge behind her tongue.

Discord approached the throne and to some relief he calculated that Fluttershy was the same size she was when he fell asleep. She slowly beat her wings and rose into the air and moved towards him. Fluttershy wrapped her front legs around his form and on instinct he returned the embrace. Subtle fears were replaced by a warm sensation. He could also feel his power inside her. He reached with his mind and searched her magic and found no malice or anger. He found nothing that suggested that she was somehow corrupted. He blinked in disbelief. Was he really just that weak or was she really that much stronger than himself? His jaw slightly dropped as another notion came across. Was Fluttershy somehow the exact same pony just wearing a different figure momentarily for his benefit? He slowly let go and looked into those new red eyes.

“Fluttershy…how long was I asleep and what have you done during my afternoon nap?”

She smiled and blushed slightly as she rested back in her throne. She seemed to be almost as surprised as he was but soon regained that calm caring look.

“Well…you’ve been asleep for about a week Discord.” She began softly as if still debating on what to say. “And as far as what happened…well…it’s a long story.”

She took a composed breath before speaking.

“I was visiting with Twilight when Princess Celestia stopped by for a surprise visit. We were talking and catching up when Twilight mentioned rumors that Changelings were sighed along the borders. They had a long chat about how worry some it was, and it just annoyed me that they kept referring to Chrysalis like some monster that lived under a filly’s bed. I spoke up rather sternly that they were being too quick to judge. I said that she was just scared for her Changelings and made a bad choice; a choice that any of them could have made if put in her hooves. Twilight scolded me for talking to Celestia like that and I scolded her back for not even trying to be willing to give her a second chance. One thing led to another…now well…” She paused and with a smile went on. “I’m in charge Discord. The alleged ‘Alicorn Master Race’ is no longer the highest authority. We are on friendlier terms with the Changelings. Granted I had to have some rather unpleasant sessions with Celestia and Chrysalis; but everypony understands now. They first worried that your power made me a tyrant but now they understand that I was being kind while being firm.”

Discord stood there as her words echoed in his head. His power didn’t corrupt her, but clearly had to have amplified what was already there. He weighed his options and could still feel that hanging guilt. He sighed heavily as he responded to Equestria’s new master.

“Fluttershy…this isn’t you…don’t get me wrong I rather like the change in government but this…this is nothing more than the fallout of a selfish scheme of mine.”

She nodded and gave him another smile

“I know Discord. I knew you were only tricking me…targeting my mercy and kindness to get your way…and we’ll get to that later. Discord; Equestria is a better place now. You might not see it now, the rest of them might not fully see it yet; but everypony accepts it. There will be a period of adjusting, but everything will work out for the best.”

Discord froze. Her words and manner had a subtle undertone. There was no new perks, no new venues for mischief; if anything he had limited his freedom further. He managed to earn a shorter leash. He looked around the room and took in the strange new world. He looked at the creature in front of him and once again admitted to being more physically attracted to her like this. He admitted that perhaps Equestria might be better off with somepony like Fluttershy in charge.

But…it was still wrong…and not because he was worse off.

He stepped towards her throne and smiled warmly. He gently placed his paw over her heart and gave her a gentle kiss.

“Fluttershy…there’s one thing that every leader needs to know in order to be an effective ruler.”

“And what’s that my dearest Draconequus?”

Discord grabbed at all his remaining magic as he responded.

“Never let your guard down.”

His claw flashed with golden light and he thrust it into her chest. He reached into her body and searched for his power. He could almost feel it as he slowly inched deeper into her. Abruptly he felt a sharp pain in his claw and pulled back. He looked at his claw and saw it had been trapped in an oversized mouse trap.

“I…I admit that I went right into that.” He painfully said as he freed his claw.

He looked into her eyes and was met with a stern gaze.

“Discord.” She said with authority and at the same time with love. “That…was a big mistake. I clearly can’t let you have any of your power back yet…and it looks like you will need some time to adjust.”

She took a deep breath before going on.

“Discord…I’m going to give you a choice. I’m going to give you the same options that I gave Celestia, Chrysalis, Rainbow Dash, Shining Armor, and everypony else who forced my hooves. I want you to stay in my life…but that means you have to accept the new Equestria as I have made it. I need you to accept me as your queen. You can either do that or you can leave.”

She took in another deep breath as she continued her confident verbal stride. She was the same and infinitely different than he remembered at the same time.

“Discord…I…I love you. I don’t want you to go. I don’t want to send you away…but I cannot have any fracturing elements in Equestria…so please…accept me as Queen.”

Her eyes seemed pleading and he melted. He obviously couldn’t trick her, and he didn’t have it in him to fight her. His mind raced for a solution to this new situation and found nothing. In his absence she had clearly won. He wondered how the first moves played out. He wondered how she turned an argument into a full blown conquest.

He wondered how she did it in just one week. He wondered how she adjusted to his power in one week. He wondered how she did it…and he continued to wonder.

He looked into her crimson eyes again. Despite the new pending restrictions he had to admit that he still loved this mare…well…bat-pony. He was still afraid to a degree but he couldn’t find anything that suggested that he was in any real danger. He took another shameless moment to admire the new body and sighed once more.

“Fluttershy…it looks like you won. I don’t know how…but it looks like you beat me again. All right…I…I accept this…as long as we can still be together.”

She smiled warmly and for a moment it looked like she would shed tears of joy. He flew from her seat and tightly hugged him for what felt like an eternity. He slowly hugged her back. It wasn’t exactly what he wanted the way he wanted it…but maybe it was what he needed...and perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad. She let go and returned to her throne. Her eyes resumed that firm yet caring look and Discord once again froze in place; locked onto those crimson orbs. Her voice was on par with her gaze.

“Discord…You’re going to apologize for what you just did to me and for trying to deceive me last week. You’re going to promise not to do that ever again.”

Before he could agree she raised her hoof to his lips and went on.

“And we’re going to make sure that you don’t. We’re going to give you something to remind you not to do any of that ever again. I’m going to give you something to remember and hopefully it will come to mind next time you think of betraying my trust ever again.”

She lowered her hoof and with a subtle motion she invited him closer. His left eye fell upon the mane brush that he had forgotten about.

His eyes went wide once the gears fell into place and he realized what she was implying. He almost started to panic at the implication. He didn’t even move. She went on a tad softer

“Discord. I’m not going to come over there and force you over my lap. You can come over when you’re ready; but I will not accept any apology until you’ve accepted your punishment. It will hurt and neither of us will enjoy it but it will not last any longer than it needs to. I am not doing this because I’m angry with you. I’m doing this because I care about you and because you’ve put me in a spot where I feel that I need to. I hope that this will be the only time and I know that you’ll do your best to make it that way.”

He hesitated and found his voice

“Did…did you say that…wait…you’ve punished Princess Celestia like this?”

She said nothing yet told him everything. He looked at the mane brush again. A lot of things were new about the world and he was staring right at another thing that was new to him. His legs felt like jelly and wondered if making him go over her lap and accept it was intended to be part of the disciplinary ordeal he was facing. He had very little idea of what was in front of him due to absolutely no experience and clearly he was going to get some.

He took hold of himself and with a lot of hesitation he moved into the suggested position over her lap. He felt a hoof gently rest on his lower back. He heard her voice grow slightly softer.

“Keep your tail out of the way, keep your hands on the floor, and the more you struggle the harder I’ll hold you down.”

The mane brush lightly tapped against its target and he cringed as he thought of the inevitable. He truly believed that she meant this to be interpreted as an act of love but still was starting to wish that he stuck to his usual tactics and found a way to talk his way out of it. He felt helpless and yet for some reason he couldn’t quite figure out he felt secure.

Without warning Fluttershy brought the brush down much harder.