• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 1,568 Views, 9 Comments

Ultra's Hot Shots - ultra1437



Ultra's collection of written (possibly with shipping) collab oneshots

  • ...
2
 9
 1,568

PreviousChapters Next
Broken 1 - Lunestia Collab - Dark/Mature!

Author's Note:

WARNING: TRAGEDY/DARK/MATURE/GORE AHEAD.

This was the originally written prompt for Broken on the 9th September, 2014 The next one is the one I actually submitted to the collab.

Celestia stirred, shifting uncomfortably as she lay across something cold, but soft. Her mind reeled trying to remember why she was sprawled as she was. The memory came back quickly, but only in flashes.

Luna asked to go flying with her. Accepting. Take off toward their favorite little lake. A sudden, strong tornado. Massive trees flying through the sky. A sudden jolt and pain. Two screams and a crash landing.

She made an effort to stand, but could not move her rear legs, let alone feel them.

Forgetting that for now, she raised her head and looked about for her sister. "Luna? Are you there?" She spotted debris all over the area, with one tree in particular stained red. A sliver of blue, outlined in red, stuck out from the trunk. "Luna?!"

She tried standing again, before falling over as her hind legs wouldn't respond. Wrenching her sight away from the tree, she looked over herself. Her rear legs were entangled in another tree's branches, obviously broken and bleeding.

At the sight, the mechanical, detached part of her mind was the only voice that spoke, 'Oh. That would be a small problem. I wonder why I'm not feeling any–' She craned her neck to her back, seeing a thick branch impaled through her, approximately where her wings met her spine. Her back wasn't white or even pink. It was stained red with blood. The voice spoke again, 'Yeah. That would do it.'

She quickly turned away, before her body tried asserted feeling for itself again. The sight made her nauseous and worried, but one other thing outweighed those feelings. She still hadn't found Luna.

"Luna? Can you hear me?" She called out weakly. Deciding crawling was better than nothing, her horn lit painfully, and she carefully stripped the trunk away from her hind legs, taking care not to injure them further. She knew that shock would set in soon, if she didn't get help.

Raising herself into a sitting position as best she could, she looked herself over. Experimentally, she flapped her wings, and found them relatively fine, if sore. Counting her blessings, she looked down at what she had been laying on, and immediately froze, nearly retching at the sight.

Underneath where she'd crashed, was her sister. Luna's neck bent at an unnatural angle, her horn was missing entirely, and her face. Her face was seemingly etched with nothing but terror, from her glazed eyes wide and unblinking, to her open muzzle in a silent scream.

Nothing about her sister's face seemed pleasant, but that wasn't the worst she saw. The side Luna had crashed on was now sans one wing, the stump and gashes not even bleeding any more. Luna had been impaled by the large branch, it had torn through Luna's sides, and that branch extended into where Celestia had found it sticking out of her back. Luna's chest wasn't rising, and Celestia knew she was colder to the touch than a normal pony should ever have been.

The royal canterlot voice found its use as Celestia screamed bloody murder. Flocks of birds and animals took off for miles around, and those unlucky enough to be within a half-mile were rendered deaf. No sooner had she finished, her eyes rolled into the back of her skull and she collapsed, snapping the branch that impaled them both.

After a few minutes, a faint sound entered the clearing. Two royal guard pegasi nearly crashed upon spotting their solar princess in the debris. Only after looking closer did they see the lunar princess's body so broken, so cut up, that they both lost what food their stomachs held nearly instantly. After a hasty conversation, one took off to get help, while the other tried to figure out if Celestia was still alive.

The guard returned with a full complement of medics, who rushed over to the pair as soon as they caught sight of Celestia's back stained in blood. They immediately set to work trying to figure out their diarchs' conditions.

The guard who remained stood stoically off to the side, trying his damnedest not to break down at the sight. Instead, he took it upon himself to find out what happened to Luna's wing and horn. The horn was lodged into a tree trunk on the far side of the clearing, and her wing was tangled and impaled in its branches.

Celestia stirred. The medic closest to her perked up. Celestia spoke, her voice a whisper. "Luna."

The medic looked to the ones tending Luna. Three head shakes was her answer. "I'm sorry, Princess. There's nothing we can do…"

Tears flooded Celestia's vision and streaked down her cheeks. "Then let me die. I just got her back. I won't be without her again."

"Princess?" The medic asked.

"Leave me be. Let an old mare finally die," Celestia's tone was only that of surrendering herself. Slowly, one of her hooves stretched over, grasping one of Luna's.

"I'm sorry, Princess, but we cannot do that." The medics that were trying to help Luna made their way over to their remaining Princess.

"I am ordering you to leave." Celestia kept her eyes on Luna's body as she finally broke down, weeping.

"Again, I'm sorry Princess, but we cannot do that."

The whisper was now a shout. "Leave! Get out of here!" Her wings flared, trying to make the wounded now-monarch look more intimidating. The medics stood fast.

Her wings slumped and she relaxed. "Please. For your sakes, not mine."

A few questioning murmurs sounded from the group.

She answered their question, even though she hadn't heard their words. "Because, even if you tried to heal me, I'm not long for this world."

"Princess?"

"My spine is severed behind my wings, my hind legs are broken. I've been bleeding for nopony knows how long, and my sister... my wonderful, caring, loving sister is dead. Because I crushed her in the crash landing!" Celestia resumed wailing, her free hoof flying to her face to try and cover her tears.

Celestia felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and wheeled around to see a lone medic pushing a syringe into her. "W-What are you doing? Stop!"

"Saving your life, Princess," was the medic's choked up reply. "You've lost your sister today. But we don't want to lose both of you..."

"I don't want to live anymore! Please, stop!" The medicine in the syringe spread a numbness through Celestia, and she hated it. She pleaded, "Please. Let me join my sister. I…" Celestia's eyes grew heavy and she trailed off, her head drooping.

The medic bowed his head as Celestia lost consciousness. "I'm sorry, Princess. But we cannot lose both of you…"


Celestia woke to a rhythmic beeping and found herself in a hospital bed. She tried lighting her horn, only to find a suppressor on it. Turning over, she wept despondently into the sheets. Not a soul inside the hospital could mistake her crying for anything but what it was, that of a mare whose family was taken from her.

PreviousChapters Next