• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 5,313 Views, 84 Comments

The Assembled Letters of Twilight Sparkle, Protégé of Emperor Discord - Caligari87



Emperor Discord sends his star pupil Twilight Sparkle to investigate a mysterious new phenomenon called "Friendship".

  • ...
14
 84
 5,313

Letter 1

Honorable Emperor Discord,

Thank you for my assignment to Ponyville to investigate this strange new phenomenon known as “Friendship.” I regret the necessity of leaving your immediate tutelage and will miss being able to speak to you directly, but I trust these weekly letters will be sufficient for my continued studies in Chaos. I have learned much already and look forward to learning more.

Although the ride was bumpy, our train arrived in only two pieces. When I left the station, the crew had nearly succeeded in wrangling it back onto the tracks. Had I not been exhausted from the trip, I would have enjoyed delaying them further. The library is unfortunately exactly where you said it would be, however I was pleased to find it in no kind of discernible order. Why some ponies insist on "alphabetizing" or "shelving" is beyond me.

After a brief rest, I ventured to the local confectioner's to obtain dinner. The shop is a quaint little place called "The Sugar Polyhedron" (the owners tell me the number of sides kept changing, so they revised the name from the original "Sugar Cube Corner"). Here I met five mares who greeted me warmly and offered to be of assistance if I need anything. They are pleasant enough, but act “closer” to each other than I've seen before. They wish to include me in their group. Maybe this is related to Friendship somehow? I will examine further and report back.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle