• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 471 Views, 8 Comments

From The Depths - El_Dono



Something is stirring in the waters of Manehatten...

  • ...
2
 8
 471

So sorry to interrupt, but do you think you could help me?

Luna awoke in her chambers with gasp.

"SISTER!" She screamed.

In less than a second, a very sleep deprived Celestia teleported into Luna's room.

"What is it? Was there an Assassin, or a spider, or, or, or..." she stammered.

"I felt a being of great power exit the dreamscape. I fear he may cause great destruction to the land of Equestria." Luna said gravely

Celestia immediately brightened "Oh, is that all? I'll just throw Twilight and her five friends at it. That fixes all our problems, remember?" She tucked her sister back into bed. "Go back to sleep Luna, I have everything under control." she said softly.

Luna paused to consider this. "Very well Tia. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Luna."


Within the Golden Oaks Library, Spike had the unfortunate pleasure of receiving a letter at 2:00 in the morning. He removed the Royal Seal from the letter, and unrolled the parchment. Unfortunately, in his sleep addled state, he could barely read the words on the parchment.

My Faithful Student.

I believe than an ancient creature from the Dawn of Time has awoken. If you could pop on over and defeat at the earliest convenience it would be very much appreciated.

Your Boss. (Celestia was very tired.)

Princess Celestia, Diarch of the Sun and Moon, Co-ruler of Equestria, and Ex-Defence against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts School

"Twilight... there's somethin' you should see..." Spike droned.

"What was that Spike?"

Spike couldn't answer. He had already fallen back to sleep, clutching the letter.

A few hours later...

When Spike had woken up, he found that the letter from the night before was practically unreadable thanks to his tendency to drool in his sleep. 'Meh, it was probably nothing anyway'.


The following day was a day like any other for the Ponies of Manehatten.

But sadly, this day would not be like most days. Unfortunately, Equestria was in store for a multitude of strange days, which all seemed to occur after Twilight Sparkle was let loose on society. Only one pony noticed this of course, though nopony really gave him much attention. Years from now, he would talk to his grand kids (If he somehow managed to reproduce, even with Equestrian gender ratios in his favour) and tell them that "It all started when some Unicorn, by the name of Twilight Sparkle, was sent to a small town called Ponyville. Ever since that day, some ancient enemy of Equestria has shown up every second week." Of course, the foals would often forget the story later on, since most foals have an attention span of about 10 seconds. It also didn't help that the Stallion insisted on people calling him 'Wonko the Sane'.

No one noticed it at first, but the water was starting to churn and bubble in the harbour. One Pegasus noticed a few minutes later when she was flying over to deliver the mail. Unfortunately, she dismissed it as a trick of the light. Over the next 15 minutes, the bubbling started to get much more obvious until there was small crowd of Pegasi crowded around it.

"What is that?"

"What do you think it is?"

"I've never seen the water do anything like that before!"

An elderly Earth pony drove his boat down to where the Pegasi were watching the water intensely. "Oi!" he called "What are you guys looking at? Don't you have jobs or something to go to?" When nopony listened to him, he muttered something about how 'It was never like this in my day'

Unicorns and Earth ponies in the city paid no mind to the flock of Pegasi hovering over a seemingly insignificant part of the water. After all, a few weeks ago the clouds had turned to cotton candy and rained chocolate milk, and a week before that there was monster declaring 'Eternal Night'. Later on, somepony had told her that eternal night would kill all the plants which would kill all the ponies. On the scale of things out of the ordinary, the Ponies had more important things to worry about than a flock of Pegasi.

Without warning, a colossal creature broke the surface. Everypony screamed, and ran or flew as fast as their legs or wings would take them. The creature was was easily taller than the skyscrapers that dotted the skyline of Manehatten. The resulting tidal wave from the massive displacement of water cost many ponies thousands of bits to replace and repair the damage to their boats and businesses later on. (From an Economic standpoint, it was actually quite a boon to many boat and repair businesses, even though many families went out out onto the street after their homes were destroyed, and many died on the streets by starvation or killing themselves, but that only served to stimulate the funeral businesses)

The creature had a multitude of tentacles on various places on its body, and rows upon rows of sharp teeth. The enormous creature looked up, and wiped the water from it's eyes. It stretched its tentacles, arms, then its wings, and inadvertently destroyed nearby skyscrapers during its regular morning routine.

Looking around, it took its first breath in well over a thousands years. Then, in a voice that held untold millennia of experience, it spoke its first words in hundreds of years.

"HBTH ANTHBGHY..." It boomed.

The creature paused, taking a moment to consider this new development. Using its incredibly ancient and seriously powerful magic, it was able to remove the hundreds of litres of water that had built up in its throat. Vocal Cords now unabated, it spoke its first REAL words in hundreds of years.

"Hello... Ah, much better. Has anybody got a towel?"

Of course, no one heard his request. the streets had been deserted long ago, and the city was all but a ghost-town.

Author's Note:

It took me all of half an hour to come up with an idea, and writing a short story.

Enjoy my stupidity.

Oh, and remember...

Always give 100%

Unless you're donating blood.

Comments ( 8 )

Is the monster symbolic of your mother or something?

Liked and faved!

Like.
No fave.
Too... orthodox.

5292671

Could you by any chance explain what you mean by "Too... Orthodox"?

5293635 The comedy applied to the colossus itself was too predictable.

5296082

Predictable?

Predictable?

You call this:

Has anybody got a towel?

Predictable?

I see your point. I would have seen that punchline coming as well.

(Megamind reference FTW

5296103 I will follow you, just to see what else you can put out and how much you learn from this..

Much enjoy!
Such short.
Give more!

Login or register to comment