• Published 25th Nov 2014
  • 2,417 Views, 19 Comments

Chaos isn't immortal, love is. - TPWTPF



Can you ever forget those that you loved, no? Then what if you had too?

  • ...
5
 19
 2,417

Chaos isn't immortal, love is.

"How is this possible, you have no magic?!" shouted Tirek at the ball of light emitting from the six ponies that were smiling down on him.

"Your wrong Tirek," started Twilight, "I may have given you my Alicorn magic, but I carry within me the most powerful magic of all!" With that small beams of light started to come from the floating orb and gradually covered Tirek.

As the beams intensified, Tirek suddenly started to be pushed back and was growing smaller.

"Arrgghhhhh! Arggh! Arg...."Finally, he was locked away in a cage in Tartarus, guarded by the three headed beast that shall forever be his chamber as punishment for his deed.

As the image faded away from Twilight and her friends, they began to rise up and started to spread the magic of friendship around to all the places in which Tirek had fed off and weakened citizens. The Princesses, Shining Armour and all the other ponies that had been drained dry of their magic, flight and strength regained power and returned to normal.

As they landed back at the tree of harmony, everypony from Ponyville was waiting for them. They smiled and cheered at the heroins of Equestria. Everypony cheered as the light faded and it revealed the newly covered ponies with their additional accessories. Everypony was there except Discord. As soon as the Mane six realized this, they went to make sure their new friend and old rival was safe.

They found him standing by himself, looking out to where the damage had been done in Ponyville and sighed. The loud galloping of hooves broke him out of his trance as he saw the multicoloured ponies charging at him. He quickly smiled to show he was alright. The first to approach was Fluttershy. Once there, she jumped onto him and hugged him dearly. The others were less enthusiastic then Fluttershy, but were still happy to see that he was unharmed.

As Discord and Fluttershy hugged, something turned the faces of the mane six from smiles and cheers all around to shock and fear. Discord started to lose all the color in his body and started to get weaker as he went from standing up tall, to kneeling and huffing for breath in a matter of seconds. Fluttershy looked on in horror as he soon collapsed fully onto the ground below.

Twilight instantly called for Spike who had rushed over as soon as the commotion had begun.

"Spike! Get me a parchment and ink quickly!" Spike fumbled about to find what Twilight needed as he couldn't use The Library anymore; however, luckily a few ponies had the equipment needed and handed it to him. He started to write down what Twilight was saying. While this was happening, Fluttershy was breaking into tears and Rarity was trying to comfort her. Rainbow Dash and Applejack tried desperately to find a way to help. Pinkie Pie was trying to keep the other ponies calm, but she was starting to feel the sadness flow into her as well. Nopony had expected this to happen.

After Rainbow Dash and Applejack managed to get Discord into the most comfortable position possible, Celestia, Luna and Cadence all flashed into existence beside Twilight. Every single one of them had a face of terror at the sight that beheld them. Celestia's horn instantly started to make magic and Luna attempted to assist Pinkie Pie in keeping the crowd calm. Cadence also tried to use magic, but she felt some magic that was only released between two ponies that cared for each other dearly. She looked at all the ponies near Discord and the connection became apparent to her instantly,

"Fluttershy....she loves.....Discord...." she said softly. Nopony heard her apart form Celestia who looked at her sadly. Cadence instantly started to use her own magic to try and help.

Discord's condition hadn't improved at all even with the help of the princesses and this was causing even more grief to build up in Fluttershy.

"Discord...Why!? You...y-you can't...NO!" Fluttershy buried herself deeper into Rarity's chest as the tears were now pouring down her face faster then she could produce them. Everypony stared at her except Celestia and Cadence but said nothing. Twilight broke the silence.

"Princess, what's happened to him!?" She had the worried look in her eye as she was concerned and scared of what was happening.

"His chaos magic has run dry, although it should be a limitless amount of raw energy it seems that it has been drawn out of him...all of it. I fear that if nothing happens soon the worst will happen." Celestia replied, feeling like crying, but keeping strong for the ponies of Equestria. She hated to have said the truth but she felt it was best to say it now to avoid greater grief later.

Hearing this, Fluttershy completely broke and rushed to hug the dying Discord. She couldn't even bring herself to look up into his face; however, a weak claw started to lift her chin as she locked eyes with the Draconequus. He smiled but very softly as he had practically no energy left. He was able to speak and he tried to calm the destroyed pony before him.

"There....there my dear Fluttershy. I had this fear that...this would happen...Tirek...draining my power...was too much for....my...argh" he cried as pain shot through his limbs. This caused Fluttershy to hold him even more closely,

"No please Discord! Don't go...I...I can't live without you."

Most ponies suddenly understood now why she was in such a crushed way. They all stood there looking emotionless as they had no idea how to deal with the situation unfolding before their very eyes.

"Nonsense...my darling. You are stronger then...most. There is no reason...for you to...care about little...old...me..." He started to get even weaker and this caused the magic that Celestia was pumping into him to intensify. Cadence tried as hard she could and this gave a little more colour to the Draconequus, but it wouldn't last. Celestia spoke after listening for a while.

"Fluttershy, are your feelings for Discord true?" Fluttershy turned to Celestia, her eyes bloodshot from the crying. Although she was surprised by the sudden question she nodded. Celestia turned to Discord and asked,

"Discord, do you return Fluttershy's feelings?" Discord looked into Fluttershy's turquoise eyes. Even though they were bloodshot, he could see into them far and felt his heart beat faster then it usually did.

As Fluttershy gazed back into Discord's eyes she felt the sudden touch of his lips press against hers. She stared, startled for a second, then closed her eyes and returned passionately. They kissed for a couple of minutes before pulling away, each smiling. Celestia smiled herself along with Cadence, Luna and everypony surrounding them.

"Then I can officially say that from here on you will be known as married," Celestia announced. Her horn glowed as two rings appeared and zoomed to Fluttershy and Discord. One fit perfectly around Discord's scaly hand, whereas the other stopped in front of Fluttershy's neck and a small chain appeared, keeping the ring from falling to the ground. Fluttershy's eye's winded and she looked back to Discord before feeling another kiss engulfing her completely.

Discord pulled away before he started to lose all his colour. Fluttershy started to produce more tears then before. Everypony's tears of joy returned to their original tears of sadness.

"When you think...that you have forgotten me....only then shall you...remember....me......" Discord whispered.

Finally, he laid back softly and his last breath left his mouth. Fluttershy grabbed a hold of his lifeless body and cradled it like it was a small child and cried into his fur. She stayed like this until suddenly there was a gust of wind that started to turn in to a huge hurricane. All the weather ponies quickly took off, trying to stop it, but Celestia stopped them with her magic.

"THE STORM IS TOO POWERFUL. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO COUNTER IT AND THAT WAY IS UNFORTUNATE.!" she called using her Royal Canterlot voice. Those that could look up stared at her, looking confused.

"DISCORD'S CHAOS MAGIC BECAME SUCH APART OF THIS WORLD THAT SINCE IT HAS BEEN DESTROYED IT HAS CAUSED A SHIFT OF IMBALANCE. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO COUNTER THIS... WE HAVE TO ERASE DISCORD FROM EVERYONE'S MINDS." Celestia continued.

There would have been a loud gasp from everyone if the storm did not completely mute the entire area. Everyone instantly turned their attention to Fluttershy, again, as she looked up into the Princesses eyes, not wanting to believe what she heard. She couldn't...she wouldn't...

Fluttershy had been broken, rebuilt and now collapsed all in one go, it was becoming apparent that she was soon about to collapse fully. Celestia nodded to Luna and Cadence and instructed Twilight to assist. She watched as the three Alicorns joined in a triangle and waited for Celestia. Celestia turned to Fluttershy.

"FLUTTERSHY, I'M SORRY, BUT IF WE DO NOT STOP THIS STORM, EQUESTRIA WILL FACE A DISASTER WHICH WILL KILL EVERYPONY." she yelled, though Fluttershy was right there. Fluttershy looked into the distraught eyes of the Princess, knowing that she looked even worse. She turned to see all the ponies around her with fear and panic in their faces. She didn't want to say it, she didn't want to lose Discord, she loved him and she wanted to say no and do what she could to stop the Princess.

"Y-yes...Celestia." Fluttershy replied. She looked to the body of her late Draconequus husband. She just lied down and snuggled into his fur. She was going to forget, but she wanted to feel his presence one last time. As she closed her eyes, waiting, she remembered all the times Discord had been there for her and been a friend; she had been crushed to see his betrayal earlier. but now she didn't care, she just wanted to be with him.

She didn't see what Celestia and the others did, but when she woke up, she found herself in the centre of Ponyville with everypony walking around as if nothing had happened. She then went over what she just thought...nothing happened; however, she felt something had happened and she wanted to remember, as she thought she walked, and as she walked she felt something bump on her chest...a ring. She wondered why she had a ring and then looked at the inscription, "Fluttershy, even through death you'll always be the beauty of the world."

She stopped to think who would have given her such a sweet message, then a ghostly chill ran down her spine as she turned to see a face she recognized but had no idea who...

"DISCORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She jumped and hugged the figure. She then she checked again if it was him, there smiling back was the face of her beloved.

"But how?..." She began to ask. Before Fluttershy could finish her question, Discord answered.

"Dear Fluttershy, do you think death could hold me? I'm Chaos, which means I am Death! Now I have to explain everything I know but I have small time. Remember what I said to you?" Fluttershy nodded, tears repeating to sting her eyes as everything she had just experienced came flooding back. She fell but was caught by the floating figure.

"Chaos will run out one day, but love cannot as I have learned. You will always remember me yet no one will. This ring shall be our connection and with it you'll never lose me..."

He words started to fade as he placed Fluttershy to the ground and gave her one last big kiss before he disappeared.

At this time Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight all came over to check on there friend. Twilight with a concerned tone to her voice shouted,

"Flutershy! What's the matter?" Fluttershy looked into the eyes of her friends and smiled saying,

"I didn't forget. I will never forget...him." With that she finally fainted from the exhaustion as Discord's face entered her mind and helped her rest. For now her mind was at peace knowing that love had conquered all.

Author's Note:

Thanks for taking the time to read this little story I thought I'd make. First attempt so if you notice anything please help me out by pointing it out to me :D

Special thanks to my editor who wishes to remain anonymous ;)

Again thanks for reading and hopefully more stories to be expected in the future!

Comments ( 19 )

This is a cute story kinda reminds me of ghost in a way. Can't wait to read more:yay:

Very cute and sad story. When Celestia said they are both husband and wife I was like, " REALLY CELESTIA?!?!!? I know it's cute and he's about to die and Fluttershy may never marry him If she wanted to but......REALLY?!?!??!" Hope there's a new chapter where Fluttershy tells the others about Discord after a while but they don't believe her and Discord shows up as a ghost and when he shows up the others get their memories back about Discord and they all live their life happily with ghost Discord :pinkiehappy:

5313626
5314228

Thanks both of you! I have a feeling if it continues to go well I will write chapter "2" but I wanted to see the course it would take. Your support is really helpful though. Thanks again ;)

5378355

Thanks! Sequel is in the works should be out by Christmas ;)

Fluttershy's eye's winded

Did you mean 'Fluttershy's eyes widened'?

There were some other mistakes, but small ones.

5435259

Danke shen, please don't be afraid to point out the rest but again thank you

Nice story, but I'm kind of confused. Is Discord a ghost? A part of Fluttershy's mind? What did he mean when he said "I have small time?" I don't understand.

5492357

This i will wish to answer in the future with a sequel, however I just haven't had enough time to think about that yet. All shall be revealed though.

5492412
You sound like the mysterious old man in stories, giving vague, cryptic info that forces the heroes to use their otherwise useless brains.

5492415

:moustache: <--- accurate artist representation.

5492419

:facehoof: "Spike....What are you doing?"

5492437

(cannot complete quote, panic)

"-cricket noise-"

:fluttercry: that was sad when discord died then every pony had to forget him. That was just... i dont know what to say. This was so amazing i have no words. For some reason i like sad stories like this. I think lots of people do. I love this alot. I hope there is a sequel. I hevent checked yet but i will. Again this was great :pinkiehappy:

This needs the AU tag. Because it's been established canonically that Discord did not die.

6605246

Whoops sorry about that!

Deep and beautiful

This is AMAZING!

Okay, I know I'm eight years late to the party (about typical, amiright?) commenting on a story posted in 2014. I just wanted to say I think you have some really good ideas here. It could be groovy to see it developed in a less rushed way. Anyhoo, thanks for writing!

Login or register to comment