• Published 14th Nov 2014
  • 3,254 Views, 280 Comments

Rainbow Sentai Harmonyranger - Xero Key

  • ...
3
 280
 3,254

Evil Cometh part 2

Crystal Cave Park
The Rainbooms arrived at Crystal Cave Park, with Sunset Shimmer waiting for them in a large jeep. She waved them over and they got in. As Sunset drove deeper into the park, it became obvious to everyone that they were not going to one of the public areas.

“Um Sunset? Could you tell us where we are going… if you don’t mind that is?”

Sunset only smirked and accelerated the jeep…straight into a large mountain wall!?

“AAaaaaaahhhhh!” The passengers screamed…and kept on screaming well after they should have been made into puddles of gore. Pinkie pie was the first to open her eyes and turn around, seeing that the wall shimmered, and that they were in a cave with Krypton-like crystals growing out of the walls. The jeep descended into the cave until it came to a roundabout that had been built in. Above the path was a platform.

“Vinyl! We’re here!” Sunset yelled up and in response a blue haired girl popped her head over and gave a thumbs up before disappearing again. “Come on girls, the surprise is this way.” Sunset led them to a circling stairwell leading to the platform. On the platform were multiple computers and screens, some monitoring social media, some with news reports and police scanners and CB radios, three central computer screens that looked like they came from the Matrix, and one large curved television screen turned off above them. Vinyl sat in a chair inform of the three Matrix screens, headphones with a microphone hung about her neck.

“Hey Sunny. Got everything ready, well, except the ‘bots cause, ya know, we’re broke.” Vinyl Scratch said. “We can probably use my cars if it comes to that, but putting them together? Yeah, talk to the Princess about that.”

“Thanks Vinyl, I hope we don’t need any of this, but it doesn’t hurt to be sure.” Sunset then turned to her friends. “Now I know you are confused by all of this but I have an..okay explanation. Do you remember when we dressed up as Power Rangers Zeo at a charity event?” The girls nodded.

“Indeed. Those spandex, though well-coordinated, certainly chafed.” The others stared at Rarity for interrupting. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay” Sunset continued. “I began thinking about how we ‘Morph’ every time we play, and about how we have saved the world. So I thought, in case something happens, having a team of Power Rangers would be a good idea. Vinyl, the box.” Vinyl grabbed a wooden box off of her desk and gave it to Sunset. “I had you record individual pieces of a larger song so that you would transform, and used the fragments of the Dazzlings’ crystals to synchronize the music with your transformations. I then used some of Rarity’s Daft Punk costumes and wired the songs to play inside them. I then put the recordings and crystals in these.” Sunset opened the box and revealed to the other five devices designed to look like the Galaxy Morphers. “I call them Harmonizers, and they will allow you to become Power Rangers. By opening up the slot in the center, pressing a button and saying ‘Rangers Harmonize!’, you will become Power Rangers.”

Sunset walked up to Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and placed the pink and yellow Harmonizer and their left wrists. “Pinkie, you who have the gift of Laughter are the Pink Ranger. Fluttershy, your great Kindness has made you the Yellow Ranger.” Pinkie was jumping up and down while Fluttershy stared at her Morpher and shuddered, either from fear or excitement, she wasn’t sure. Sunset placed the blue Harmonizer on Rarity’s wrist next. “Your Generous spirit makes you the Blue Ranger, Rarity.”

“Well, it is a bit gaudy and will be hard to accessorize to…But the blue gem at the top is so pretty!”

“Applejack,” Sunset said after placing the green Harmoinzer on her. “You keep us Honest with each other and bring us down to Earth. For that, you are the Green Ranger.”

Applejack looked at her Morpher. “Well, if you think this is best in case something like the Dazzlings or…uh…you happen again, then I’m happy to help.”

Rainbow Dash looked over her friends as Sunset walked towards her, and was counting off her fingers. When she reached her thumb after the others had closed, her eyes widened in surprise and giant grin burst on her face. “You mean? I get to be…?”

Sunset nodded. “Rainbow Dash, for always being Loyal and leading us when crisis happens, usually, I give you the Red Harmonizer and name you Red Ranger.” Dash of course freaked out.

“Omygoshomygoshomygosh!”

Suddenly buzzers went off and lights around the central screen started flashing red. Vinyl spun her chair around to monitor the screens, while at the same time turning on the main viewer. On it was a news reporter in the city.

”This is a breaking news report. The newly opened youth center in downtown Canterlot City is under attack by a, what I’m being told is, a Minoboar and ninjas made out of smoke. What appears to be leading them are three teenage girls with bat wings. Wait, the creatures are heading this way! No… Stop… Help!” The screen went to static as the camera was knocked over.

Sunset turned to the others, who with a shocked expression were looking down at their Morphers. With a determined look in her eye, Sunset said “Rangers. The time is now.” The others nodded and ran for the jeep, Rainbow grabbing a stunned Fluttershy by the arm and dragging her along. Sunset turned to Vinyl. “Monitor everything. We can’t take any chances with this.” Vinyl nodded and put on her headset and Sunset went to the jeep.

The jeep pulled into the chaos around the youth center, having barreled through a police barricade. They stopped a few meters away from the three who were attacking. “The Dazzlings?” The Rangers and Sunset shouted.

The Dazzlings turned at the sound. “Well, well, well, If it isn’t the Rainbooms. Our Queen was wondering if you would appear. I suggest you come with us so that we may drain of your magic. Or don’t and we force it from you the fun way. I’m okay with either.” Adagio said with a nonchalant smirk.

“Not happening Adagio.” Rainbow dash said as she and the other Rangers left the jeep. “We’re gonna stop you, just like last time.”

“Hm. I heard you were bad at math.” Adagio snapped her fingers and the smoke creatures appeared in front of the Rangers. “But I thought you would be able to see you were outnumbered.”

“Girls. Use the Harmonizers!” Sunset yelled from the jeep.

“Got it. Ready ladies?” Applejack, Pinkie, and Rarity nodded while Fluttershy shook her head. “Good. It’s Morphin’ Time!”

In sync, the girls brought their Morphers up to their chest and clicking switches on the sides, and shouted “Power Rangers!” before pulling their left arms up so that they were parallel with their forms, then pressed the now exposed button beneath the crystal. “Harmonize!”

A red light pulsed out of Rainbow’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-red glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was a thunderstorm and lighting stuck each of her limbs as she punched and kicked, creating her uniform. A final bolt struck her head at the same time a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. Streaks of electricity jolted between he fingers as she posed as she had just finished a guitar solo.

A yellow light pulsed from Fluttershy’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-yellow glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was a field of flowers and petals landed on each of her limbs as she spun around. A final burst of petals encircled he head as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. Flower petals flew about her as she posed similar to a ballerina.

A green light pulsed from Applejack’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-green glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind was a desert canyon and rocks and pebbles landed on her limbs as she stomped and punched. A boulder landed on her head as a loud neigh was heard. With a final stomp, she posed in a boxing stance.

A blue light pulsed from Rarity’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-blue glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was an expansive ocean and streams of water struck her limbs as she danced over the surface. A wave of water crashed into her head as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. A ripple pulsed from beneath her as she posed like a dancer awaiting applause.

A pink light pulsed from Pinkie’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-pink glow, leaving her head and over the top smile exposed. Appearing behind her was the tops of clouds in which she cartwheeled a bounced around, causing tufts to fly off her and create her uniform. She stuck her head in a cloud and pulled it out as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. She then posed with her hands stretched out as if saying ‘don’t talk to me’ to two people.

The girls appeared in colored body suits with white necks and skirts, and colored helmets designed to look like horse head, and ears with speakers in them. The uniforms had grey shoulder pauldrens and grey belts that were hooked by gold emblems of their Element Across their chests were the Rainboom band symbol. On their belt was a holster with a transforming pistol/dagger. Their gloves and boots were the only differences besides color. Dash’s were white with red lightning bolt streaks coming from the top of the gloves and boots Rarity had diamonds like the Mighty Morphin’ costumes. Applejack had straight green lines and Western styled frills. Pinkie Pie had balloons and Fluttershy had swirls of wind.
“What the…What is this..?” Aria stammered.

“We’ll tell you losers.” Rainbow said, then slapped her chest. “Element of Loyalty: Red Harmony Ranger!” She called as she posed like she had finished her morphing sequence. A cloud of red smoke exploded behind her.

“Dash” Applejack sighed, before mimicking her. “Element of Honesty: Green Harmony Ranger!” She posed in a boxing stance and green smoke exploded behind her.

“Hmmph. If I must.” Rarity said. “Element of Generosity: Blue Harmony Ranger!” She posed and blue smoke appeared behind her.

“Ooh! This will be fun” Pinkie exclaimed. “Element of Laughter: Pink Harmony Ranger!” She posed and pink smoke appeared behind her.

“Oh dear.” Fluttershy whimpered. “E-Element of K-Kindness: Y-Yellow Harmony Ranger?” She squeaked as the yellow smoke exploded behind her and covered her head in fear.

Rainbow and the others then posed together with arms in a V shape crying out “Harmony Rangers!” as an explosion of fire appeared behind them. Back in the Crystal Caves Vinyl stared at the screens in from of her. “Where did those explosions come from!?”

Adagio blinked in confusion at the girls. “So you want to be superheroes then? Well as the designated villain here…Terrorvons! Attack!” The shadow creatures, now known as Terrorvons leapt at the Rangers. Applejack was the first to respond by quickly drawing her blaster and taking out three of the Terrorvons by literally shooting from the hip.

The Rangers then split up to cover more ground and handle the monsters individually. Rarity and Rainbow transformed their blasters into blade-mode and slashed their way through the Terrorvons, Dash acting like a ninja and Rarity as though she were fencing. Pinkie Pie bounced around her enemies blasting them while in the air, giggling the entire time. Fluttershy blasted two then went into a fetal position, causing five more to crash into each other.

“Boarbatusk!” Adagio called out to the minoboar. “Deal with these…Power Rangers. The Queen has need of us elsewhere.” In a flash of smoke and flames the Dazzlings vanished leaving the remaining Terrorvons and the monster, Boarbatusk.

“I’m going to enjoy squashing you!” The monster cried.

“Girls. You need to use your special weapons! Call out ‘Rock and Load!’ and they’ll appear.”

“Got it Sunset. Rock and Load!” In Rainbow Dash’s hands, a double bladed axe that had been combined with a guitar appeared in a flash of red lightning. “Aw yeah!” Rainbow then played a quick riff on the weapon, causing red lighting to strike around her. She then took the weapon by the handle and swung it, destroying six Terrorvons that had surrounded her.

The other Rangers followed her example. ”Rock and Load!” Applejack received a bass guitar/sledgehammer. Rarity got a Keytar with blaster barrels. Pinkie pie a nun chuck that was designed to look like a pair of drumsticks, and Fluttershy received a hula-hoop sized open tambourine. Rarity fired off crystal notes and blaster bolts at Boarbatusk as Applejack slammed it into the air with her hammer. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy took care of the remaining Terrorvons, with Pinkie swing her nun chucks around like a whip, jump rope, and beating on the heads of the Terrorvons like drums; while Fluttershy shook the tambourine to send out butterflies made of lasers, and spun the tambourine like a hula-hoop around her as she performed a moving pirouette, cutting through the Terrorvons.

“Alright girls, blasters to maximum fire!” Rainbow said, her blaster in hand. The others joined her and formed a pentagon shape in front of the stunned Boarbatusk. Their blasters began to glow with energy and the Rangers fired them in sync at the creature, causing it to explode. As the girls celebrated victory, a swirling storm cloud appeared above them, which then sent down a light that caused whatever was seen through to appear like a photo-negative. The light hit the remains of Boarbatusk and reformed the monster before causing it grow five stories high.

“Vinyl, send the vehicles we have prepared.” Sunset said into a radio on the jeep.

“Okay…Not that it will help.”

Roaring out of the sky came a red fighter jet, which Rainbow Dash promptly leapt towards, coming into a cockpit with a video game control in the center. “Awesome.” A yellow winged helicopter appeared above Fluutershy, inside was a cockpit much like Dash’s. “Oh my.” A pink tank and blue motorcycle roared down the street, followed by a green fire truck. Rarity and Pinkie backlipped into their vehicles while Applejack jumped onto the side of hers.

“A game controller? Not exactly fashionable.”

“Ooh, it’s a big Party Cannon.”

“Never was one for firefighting, but this is nice.”

The vehicles sent as much firepower as they had against the monster, but it just shrugged them off and sent burst of flame from its mouth back at the Rangers. In the cave, Vinyl was freaking out while monitoring the computers. “Oh man. Without a Megazord their toast! But I couldn’t make one!” Off to Vinyl’s side, a curtained off area began to glow and an ethereal wind blew throughout the cavern. “What the…?” The curtain flew open and a blinding light burst out, reflecting off of the crystals and out of the cave. “Woah…”

Back at the battle, a shockwave of light engulfed the Rangers vehicles, and filled their minds with an instinctive knowledge. Rarity and Pinkie Pie spun their vehicles so that they were driving backwards into Applejack’s. The fire truck the extended its rear parts and moved its twin blasters forwards, then the motorcycle and tank extended parts of themselves to attach to the truck. The truck then suddenly braked as the two new parts accelerated, lifting the truck into the air in which it turned around and a head popped out of the top of the new torso. The jet and helicopter flipped themselves till they were perpendicular to the ground, and their fronts twisted in on themselves to reveal hands. As the two attached and formed arms, the wings crossed each other over the chest to create a breast plate. The head then glowed as a black helmet and facemask appeared. The Rangers then were teleported into the head with a five person cockpit. As one they shouted “Harmony Megazord!”

Boarbatusk fired a burst of flame at the mecha, but the robot just walked right through it. No matter what the monster did, the Megazord knocked it back and caused serious damage. Inside the cockpit the Rangers were ready to end this fight. “Alright guys! Let’s put this clown down!” “Right!” Two guns moved off the Megazord’s back and on to its shoulders. The arms grabbed onto the bottom on the weapons and leapt into the sky, firing two streams of rainbow-colored energy at Boarbatusk, causing it to flail around with electrical sparks, then explode. The Rangers celebrated their victory and left the cockpit to relax on the chest of the Megazord.

“You know guys, I think we can actually do something good with this.” Rainbow said as she watched the sun set.

“Of course darling. And I must admit that these uniforms aren’t as bad as I imagined.”

“I figured you’d say that Rarity. You got attached didn’t ya?” Rarity just turned away from Applejack.

“That was so cool though! All the explosions and jumping and explosions and…”

“And leveled buildings and police cars surrounding our giant robot.” Fluttershy pointed out. The Rangers looked down from where they were sitting and sure enough, there was the police.

“Good thing we have super strength to help clean this up, huh?” Rainbow rubbed the back of her helmet shyly.

Meanwhile, in a dark and ruined castle, the Dazzlings kneel before a shadowed throne.

“It was Sonata’s fault we failed. She’s the worst at fighting.”

“No I’m not Aria. You are!”

“Quiet! Both of you. I take responsibility, my Queen. If I had attacked the Rangers before they transformed, then we would have succeeded.”

From the shadows, a female figure rose from the throne, and a pale hand grabbed a scythe that had been leaning on the wall. “A failure you say? I disagree. The existence of these…Power Rangers was it? Yes, their existence only proves that which I seek is here. Someone is protecting the key to our revenge.” The figured moved from the shadows revealing a woman in black and blue armor, with a cloak of black feathers reaching the floor attached by a brooch that appears like a green demonic eye. “Soon their night mares will begin.”

The Dazzlings looked down in submission to their Queen. “As you command…Nightmare Moon.”

Back in the caves, the Rangers were once more getting in their jeep. “We must clothes shop soon dears. I’m feeling…itchy when not in my colors.” The others nodded to Rarity, except for Rainbow Dash who was having a panic attack, having removed her jacket and skirt leaving her in her t-shirt and athletic shorts.

“Just hurry Rarity! I’m going nuts here!”

“Coming Sunset?”

Sunset shook her head. “Sorry, got things to clear up here in case the Dazzlings come back.” Rarity shrugged and got into the driver’s seat of the jeep and left the cave with the others. Sunset then truned to Vinyl with a glare. “I thought you said we didn’t have a Megazord?” Vinyl walked over to the curtained off area, pulling it back and to reveal a bright light coming from it.

“You said that Princess Twilight told you it shouldn’t be this strong yet, right?” Sunset nodded, her face one of pure shock at what was in the room. Glowing with an eerie light, was a pale blue plant, barely even a sapling. “Guess protecting the Tree, just became more important, huh?” Vinyl joked. Sunset didn’t respond, an only gained a worried look on her face.

“This has only begun.”

Author's Note:

Finally, everything is ready. I've copied the morphs, megazord, and roll calls so i don't have to write them again. Welcome My Friends, to Power Rangers Harmony/Rainbow Sentai Harmonyranger.