• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 3,423 Views, 38 Comments

To The End - Zubric



A year has passed since Celestia had made Twilight her filly. Things were never quite the same for Shining Armour after that day. This is the story of the lives effected by Celetia's choice and recovery to fix them.

  • ...
23
 38
 3,423

It all started one boring afternoon

Princess Cadence stood by the large glass window of her study, over-watching her subjects as they went about their everyday activities. She took a slow sip of her tea, letting out a heavily bored filled sigh.

The usual morning court session had involved little more than ponies giving out bureaucratics documents and tax forms, most of which wasn't all that taxing to handle. Thus with such a light work loud, Cadence barely felt exhausted. In fact, she felt that she almost didn't need to be there during the day.

She took another long sip from her berry tea. “You know, I thought that absolute rulership was more exciting than… well, this.” Cadence thought, “I mean, sure, feudal vassals and whiny nobles may be annoying, but , hey, at least they are fun every once in a while.” It wasn’t that she felt un-important, quite the opposite in fact. She was crucial for Equestria’s stability and harmony. It was just monotony of day to day work was staring to get to her. The festivals were fun whenever they occurred, so that was a plus at least.

As she poured another cup from the silver teapot, she took a gander over at the photo albums on the far table. She walked over to the table and picked up the album in her hooves feeling the rough texture of the paper cover. The old leather binding held several pages of memories together, preserved in time and nostalgia. This album in particular was Cadence personal voyage through time, she had made it herself and filled it ever since she was a young filly.

The paper gives off a light crinkle as she gently flips through the pages. She stopped as she came across a certain set of photo's of strong nostalgia to her. Before her were withered photos of her teenage years. She glanced at one in particular of her escorting a filly Twilight Sparkle, to the winter fair. She smiled seeing another about the time they went to the zoo, a happy image of Twilight grinning her face painted like a cute tiger.
“Aw good times… I do wish I could relive them…” Cadence said with a sigh “Sadly, I don’t think that Princess Celestia will let me have her now.”

She walked back to the window watching a few guards patrol the gardens out the south window, pondering for a brief second. She imagined Shining in diapers but shook her head quickly banishing the thought. Shining was still after all this time peeved about the whole ordeal and asking him to try acting like a foal would just make things worse. She was brought out of her thoughts as a knock was heard. Cadence quickly put down her tea cup and turned to face the door. “It’s open, come in.”

The door creaked open, revealing a light blue earth pony in a red outfit. “Your Empress, Princess Celestia desires your presence.” he gives the usual salute.

Cadence nodded quickly following the messenger pony out the door. “Ah, thank you, I shall go see her at once.” She said before mumbling under her breath. “I got nothing else to do at the moment anyway.”

Her hooves echoed down the hall as she made her way towards the throne room. Turning a corner, she saw Shining talking to a few new stallion recruits, recognizable by their light leather armour. Attempting to keep a royal composure, she inflated her chest a bit, still let out a little smile leak out as she approach them.

“Afternoon Shining doing a fine job I see.” The recruits gave a quick salute holding it as Shining replied.

"Quite just teaching these newbies the ropes is all, nothing special." He says in a casual tone, they were married after all a little slack in protocol was okay.

Cadence gave a light nod back at her husband "As you were." She said before trotting off soon reaching the throne room. The room had been decorated with all types of plants. The splendor of crystals had soon died on her after a few months, and was thankful she could at least see some nature around her.

Upon Seeing Celestia, Cadence smiled. “Auntie you wanted to see me?” She asked ignoring the regal greetings since they were alone. Even the usual guards that were stationed here had left.

“Yes Cadence, my dear. I have a task for you.” She replied.

“What it is?” Cadence voice dripped with eagerness yet still a professional tone.

“You see,” Celestia smile grew a little bigger, “my duty as Head Diplomat of Equestria asks me to leave for Saddle Arabia. I’ve estimated that I will be away for a week and, well, you can guess who I can’t bring with me.” She said with a hint of regret with her last few words.

Cadence’s eyes widened and shined lightly. “Twilight?”

Princess Celestia nodded, making a gesture towards the main hallway. Cadence turned as she heard hoof steps, and soon Twilight come into view. Twilight was wearing a light pink diaper on her rump. Her steps were uncoordinated and quick like a foal's, her pace only quickening once she spotted Cadence.

“Caddy!” She exclaimed running towards Cadence.

Cadence opened her forehooves for a hug, as the filly waddled up. “Hello Twilight!”

Celestia chuckled, coming up as the two hugged ruffling Twilight’s mane and getting the adult filly's attention. “Now, Twily, Auntie Celestia will be away for a while, so Cadence will be looking after you. Be a nice filly while I am away!”

Twilight let out a small giggle. “Okay Tia, Caddy fun.” she nuzzle against Cadence ‘s neck warmly.

A grin spread across Cadence's face. “You bet, it’ll be lots of fun, just like the old days.”

Twilight tilted her head. “Owd days?”

Not wanting to confused the filly mind in Twilight, Cadence quickly moved on. “Oh, nothing Twily, It is just a saying.” Cadence hugged the adult filly again, as Celestia set down the diaper bag with the needed supplies.

“Well now that this is settled, I shall depart.” Celestia declared joining the group hug, before quickly trotting out of the room.

Left alone, Twilight looked up at Cadence. “Wat now, Caddy?”

Cadence took a quick look at the clock. “Lunch time.” she said simply. “I hope Shining can join us.”

The two head down the corridor and into the private dining area. A grey pegasus stood ready to take orders as they entered.

“Afternoon, Empress.” he greeted, bowing down, before handling the paper menu to Cadence, and give a look to Twilight. “And who is this guest of yours, Your Excellence?”

“This is Twilight, she just going to be staying with me for the week.” She said sitting Twilight on one of the chairs.

“Most peculiar, I have to say. It’s unusual to see disadvantaged ponies begin invited by a royalty to dine with them, but I guess that your magnanimity and generosity has no limits.”

‘“Wat he says? Twilight asked while looking at a Cadence.

Cadence scrunched her face a bit at the pegasus remark. He was one of the newer staff member hired from Manehatton so his attitude wasn't all that unexpected. “Actually, she isn’t ‘disadvantaged’, as you call it. You see, she just...has the mind of a filly.”

The pegasus’ eyes widened. “I am most sorry. I meant no harm in my words forgive me.”

“It is no problem at all I understand the confusion.” Cadence said giving a quick look at the menu “Let’s see, iceberg salad..” she rolled her eyes. Some of the puns around her were funny just after the hundredth time they lost their originality. “Then there is… tomato soup and frozen yoghurt.” She mumbled more and soon looked up. “Yes salad and tomato soup, also bring in some ice cream for Twilight, soft please.”

“I’ll let the chef know right away.” He replied writing the order down, and quickly heading out towards the kitchens.

Cadence watched Twilight play with the cutlery, floating away the knife just in case. After a while, Shining opened the door and cringed.

“Cadence, why is my unfortunate sister dining with us today?" He asked apparently having yet to be informed about Celestia visit.

Cadence saw the sad expression on Shining face. “Celestia needed me to foalsit her for the week while she is in Saddle Arabia dear.”

“Saddle Arabia!” Shining Armour spit aside. “That place is inhabited by nothing but a horde of flank-sellers. It’s no wonder that Celestia tries to forget about her error by getting there for…”

“Shining!” Cadence glared raising her tone. “I won’t tolerate such vulgar racism, nor such slander!” she said.

Shining teeth tighten in his jaw ‘First of all, the ‘flank sellers’ part is true, no matter how many times you tell me otherwise. Second, are you really thinking that Princess Celestia actually wanted to go on, and turn my smart and powerful sister into what she feared the most? That she actually wanted to give independence to the Duchy of Manehattan only for have an Element Bearer and keep Twilight at the same time? How can you think that her guilty could not turn into lustfulness?” He said, as he turned around to leave.

Twilight, sensing his brother’s anger, started to tear up. “No fight!”

“You will tell me so when you will be my sister again, Dusky.” Shining Armour blurted out.

Cadence frowned. “Come back here, and have something to eat.” She said a bit loud not wanting this perfectly good time together to be ruined.

“No madam!” Shining said stomping out and shutting the door behind him with a slam.

“Brudda hate me?” Twilight teared up starting to sob.

Cadence took a few disappointed breaths before walking over to Twilight and hugging her for comfort. “Shhh, he’s just angry is all.” She said convinced to have a talk with Shining later about this.

Meanwhile, the servant had returned with Cadence's order along with the soft ice cream and a fruit bowl. After seeing down the meals, he turned and left leaving the room silent for a while as Twilight sniffled, hugging Cadence closer.

“Come on now Twilight, it’s time to eat.” she said, as she cut the fruit into smaller bits, but Twilight of course reached for the ice-cream first.

“No Twilight, that’s for dessert.” She scolds floating away the bowl out of twilight reach.

Twilight pouts “But want nooow!”

Cadence snickers a bit reminded back to the old times. ‘Now Twilight, you need to eat your meal first. You’ll enjoy your sweets much more if you do.”

“No wait, want now!” Twilight flailed her hooves at the bowl that was kept out of her reach.

“No Twilight, you will get it after dinner, am I clear?” Cadence said sternly and slowly.

“But...okay.” Twilight make a pouty face and put her hooves down.

Soon her plate was set in front of her, microscopical portions awaiting to be consumed in a few mouthfuls. Cadence happily watched as Twilight dove in happily.

As she ate dinner, she kept thinking over Shining’s past aggressions towards Celestia and the realization that Twilight arrival had only manage to reheat the boiling pot.

“I have to end this problem somehow. I can’t separate Twilight and Shining Armour for an entire week, nor I can keep him from thinking about staging a coup with the nobles to overthrow Celestia. Hopefully I am wrong, thought with all the vitriol that Night Light is spitting and how Shining Armour has been contacting more and more often, that maybe true.”

”Caddy, what is probwem?” Twilight asked, likely confused by Cadence’s odd composure and mumblings.

“Nothing Twilight, just something on my mind is all. It’s a bit complicated.” She said idly chewing on a leaf. Naturally, Twilight went back to eating without any further thought.

After dinner Twilight looked out the window, where a few birds were flying by. “Look, birdy!” She said pointing up at the skylight.

Cadence peered up at the window seeing the few birds roasting nearby. Her smile grew a bit as s watched the birds groom each other.

“Oh I see, do you want to go for a walk after lunch, Twilight?” She asked needing some fresh air herself, after Shining’s outburst.

Twilight nodded gleefully “Park!” She hopped in her seat, clapping while making tweeting noises.

“But finish your food first!” Cadence said, pointing to Twilight plate with half her meal stil lto be eaten. Twilight sighed, and went back to eating.
---------

A cool breeze blew through the park as they strolled along the path by the lake. A few families were out enjoying the day, thus causing a few momentary stares from the passersby.

“Nice day, isn’t it?” Cadence thought taking a moment to look at the sky. Though to be fair weather here was always stable, so no need for pegasus weather patrols anyway. Meanwhile, Twilight had run off to a nearby playground, and was attempting to join the actual little fillies.

A few of them backed up from her, scared of a big pony suddenly running up to them, while others went near her, fascinated by Twilight’s behaviour and look.

Not wanting to risk anything, Cadence walked closer to Twilight, and eavesdropped on the conversation going on.

“Mama, why dat grown-up is acting… wike this?”

“You wook funny.”

“Why she in diaper?”

Twilight, without any a care in the world, simply joined the most curious fillies nearby, and rolled the colourful ball amongst the group smiling wide with child innocence.

Cadence gulps as she is approached by a few of the crystal ponies wanting answers.

“Who is that and why is she behaving in such a way?”

“What kind of pony is that mare?”

“Why an Empress like you is looking at that…. that... “

Cadence gulped softly, unsure how to answer them without causing more waves in the unsettled waters.

“Aehm… well…see, she is Twilight Sparkle, Celestia’s ‘special foal,’ I’m, sure that you have heard about it…” A few droplets of sweat fell down her forehead.

“I read something like that in the newspaper.” One unicorn commented staring more as Twilight played tag. “But I don’t think she is what you are talking about. That mare is but a filly.”

“Indeed,” Another pony of the crowd commented.

“I actually think that she is the ‘special foal’ of Princess Celestia, and that you two are mistaken. I heard she got disowned by her own house.”

Cadence kept trying to keep her Regal composure, taking a few uneasy breaths to steady her heart beat. How did Celestia handle this for so long was unfathomable. “Yes, she is, and…”

“And? What happened? Was she lobotomized?”

Her legs shook ever so slightly. “N-no it was just uh well…” She took a quick look back towards Twilight, who was still playing with some fillies.

Cadence sighed as she kept observing, the last thing she wanted was more fighting around the adult filly. “Celestia just wanted a foal, so she helped Twilight have a new foalhood… even if she was little reluctant.”

As the crowd talked amongst themselves she tried to sneak away. Her sweating was more noticeable now, her makeup smearing a bit. She hadn’t been this nervous ever since her first job interview.

Deciding it was enough, Cadence poked Twilight’s back. “Sorry, Twily, but we have to go now.” She said as calm as she could manage, though still urgent-sounding in her tone.

“But why?”

The crowd start to stare back towards them.

“Because It’s nap time.” She said. “Can’t have a tired filly now can I?” She nudged twilight along gently.

“I no tired!” Twilight whined, moving a little with each nudge against her crinkly flank. Her whining only causing more attention to be drawn towards them.

“Just come along please.” Cadence says a little more desperately using a bit of magic to move Twilight along.

“But wanna play!” Twilight whined louder.

“You can play later,” She said, as the stares kept increasing. “I’ll make you a treat when we get back to the castle.” She added hoping to calm the filly.

Twilight drags her hooves in the pavement. “No! Awso, why is evewpony wooking? DId I do something?”

“No, it’s nothing to do with you Twily, I’ll explain later.” Cadence said entered into the main hall of the castle, the crowds dispersing upon being directed away by the guards. She breathed a sigh of relief as the doors shut. At least the castle staff were not going to be so nosey as her subjects.

For a moment, Cadence spotted Shining watching from the balcny above. He said nothing as he stared at his sister a look of dread in his eyes. Before Cadence could call out to him, he ran off.

Cadence was about to pursue but was reminded of her task at hand as Twilight’s legs started to tremble. “Caddy, I need potty.”


She quickly sprang into action. “Okay this way Twily.” She led the way to the nearest bathroom. As they walk Twilight kept trembling. As they reached the bathroom door however, she realized it was locked. She turned around and saw Twilight’s diaper had expanded and had yellowed. Twilight cheeks were blush red. “Oh, that’s a pity, you were so close.” She said, stroking Twilight mane.

“Sorry” Twilight says looking down at her hooves, ear drooping.

“It’s okay, you’re just learning after all.” Cadence patted the wet diaper and lead Twilight up a set of stairs to her bedroom. The sagging diaper dangled like a pendulum with each step. Unzipping the diaper bag, Cadence pulled out the needed supplies, and, surprisingly Smarty Pants.

“Oh I remember her.” She chuckled setting the doll down. She rolled out the sun print change mat and gestured to Twilight. “Lay down Twilight.”

Twilight complied, a light squish heard as she grabbing Smarty Pants into her forehooves hugging it lovingly.

Cadence with delicate precision swiftly removed the old diaper and disposed of it. Twilight giggle as she wiped her rump and between her legs. Unfolding the new, pink-ish diaper, she set under the filly's behind and gave it a hefty snow of powder.

“There, all done.” Cadence said while taping it up. She admired the little enchant as her cutie mark is printed onto the diaper itself. “Daww that’s so cute.”

Twilight remained laying on the mat reaching out for a hug which Cadence happily obliged. “Explain now?’ she asked innocently.

Cadence remembering her little promise of a treat, decided to use it to distracted Twilight. “Oh, does little twily want to help Caddy make smores?”

“Goodey.” Twilight cheered clapping her hooves happily, her little mind forgetting the past question quite quickly.

Relieved, Cadence leads Twilight to the vacant castle kitchen and began to float out the ingredients needed to make the treats. As she did her smile only grew wider, the past memories of doing this with Twilight when she actually was a filly gave a nostalgic delight to the situation.

Twilight eyes sparkled as she watched Cadence set the supplies down. She climbed onto a nearby chair bouncing in her seat. “wanna help!"

“You will silly, just need to get the gram crackers.” Cadence explored about the many glass cupboards and soon found her prize. With a quick flurry of magic the box was set on the counter. Breaking the pieces of chocolate into strips, she looks back at the happy filly. “Okay first you put down these pieces and then the marshmallow on top.”

Twilight at first did what any filly would do picking up a strip only to plonk it into her mouth and devour it. “Mmm tasty.”

The grown mare chuckled, she should have seen that coming. “Those are for the s'mores, not your tummy. Well… not yet anyway.” After helping Twilight stack the chocolate and marshmallows to make four of the delicious treats, Cadence set the tray in the oven and turned it on “Now we just wait for them to melt.”

Twilight jumped in place giddly ‘Yay nummies!” She sat down eyeing the window of the oven, though she soon got bored when nothing happened right away.

“Boooowiiingggg,” Twilight lamented, as she looked around her.

“Be patient, Twily,” Cadence said while petting her mane “s’mores take time to be done.”

Twilight huffed a bit. “But want now!” She said rather impatiently. Lucky Cadence knew how to handle fillies who couldn't bother to wait.

“Let’s play a quick game while we wait, shall we?” Cadence said tickling Twilight belly. “How about a quick game of guess the animal?”

Twilight giggled. “Otay.” She turns to face Cadence “Uh is it tall?”

Cadence shook her head "Nope it's small."

Twilight happily played the guessing game, making several guesses and slowly piecing together Cadence's animal. After a few more questions Twilight was getting close.

“Is it a birdy?”

“Yes, it’s a bird.” Cadence giggled and let out owl noise, already knowing the s'mores were ready by now.

“Oh owl!” Twilight claps gleefully.

Cadence nods “Good job Twily such a smart filly.” She praised moving back towards the stove. “I think our snacks are ready.”

“Yay!” Twilight exclaimed, as she attempted to open the oven with her hooves. Cadence stops her turning off the oven.

“No Twily you could hurt yourself, let Caddy handle the dangerous stuff.”

Twilight backed up a bit. “Otay.”

Hot air spewed out like a volcano as Cadence opened the oven door. Using her magic she pulled out the cookie sheet and set it on top closing the door swiftly. Before Cadence could cool it with a quick spell, Twilight touched one, the hot melted chocolate sticking to her hoof

Twilight ate a whole s’more in one bite without even chewing. The next second the predictable happened, as the heat caught up with her excitement, and made her gag a little in slight pain. “Aaa hurt.”

Cadence quickly ran to the sink hastily filling a glass of water and running back to Twilight. “Oh, you should have waited for me to cool it first Twily.”

Twilight wimpers her tongue hung out like a dog's. She took the glass and chugged down the water thoroughly calming her burning mouth.

“Better now?” Cadence asked calmly.


“Betterah,” Twilight said, before taking yet another s’more.

Candace used the quick spell to cool it down, before giving it to Twilight, who devoured the moursal.

“Mmm yummy.” Twilight cooed.

After eating her own treats she wipes Twilights face “Come along silly filly let’s go play with some dolls back in my room.” Twilight cheers happily follow\ing behind, noisily speaking out the alphabet.


---------

“But Caddy…” Twilight whined holding a plush of her brother in her forehooves and Smarty Pants in the other.

“Now Twily, it’s nap time, you need your rest.” Cadence said, as she tried to move Twilight with her magic.

Twilight flailed around and shrieked. “No wanna! Wanna play more!”

“Twily, please, listen to me.” Cadence begs. “You have to rest, or else you won’t have energy for playing later!” She lay Twilight into her bed.

Twilight struggled eventually slowed as she looked into Cadence’s eyes. “Read me story?” She asked obviously stalling for time.

“No.” Cadence said bluntly, putting Smarty Pants back in Twilight forehooves pulling the sheets up over her body.

Twilight’s eyes watered a little, but, thanks to the preventive measures of Cadence, she did not manage to flair her hooves around and mess up the bed. Cadence started to sing an old lullaby her mother had taught her long ago. Its soothing notes like a dance of love and friendship. The heavenly tones started to lul Twilight into sleep, her eyes slowly closing as she let out a yawn. Cadence kept up her song until she was sure Twilight was fully asleep.

Taking one last look at the asleep filly, Cadence closed the door of and headed down the hall. She took a few moments to sniff the flowers along the walls before hearing the clatter of hooves coming down the stairs at the end of the corridor.

Shining Armour soon came into view, out of his uniform and looking a bit frazzled. “Cadence, we need to talk,” He said, “I just can’t accept this anymore.”

Cadence shuffled her hoooves as she took an educated guess. “Is this about your attitude over the last few months dear?”

“You of all ponies know why I’m upset!” He jutted his hoof against her chest. His eyes were a bit red looking like he had been crying a bit. “Princess Celestia turned my little sister into a parody of what she was before.” He took a breath, clearly fighting back the urge to burst out.

“I know dear, but she still your sister. You can’t just abandon her, she needs you.” Cadence put a hoof on his shoulder.

“Then what can I do? Try to make Celestia a foal like Twilight? Do you even realize how difficult it would be for Princess Luna to stop a noble republic to be born out of the ashes?” He threw his hooves in the air red in the face. “My sister is gone all thanks to her, I can’t believe you're actually happy about this!”

Cadence took a few steps back for her own safety. I n truth, she had been just as shocked by Celestia actions as Shining had been, however she had tried to at least move on from that shock and go with the flow. “Well, you can try to accept…”

“Accept what?!” Shining shouted, “I can’t do that, it would be like for you going out and making a couple break up!” He snorted, taking a few breaths, his bottled emotions starting to show the more he ranted.

“Well she still family to you, she has feeling of you being her brother, and nothing really changed.” Cadence countered.

“Yes, something drastically changed! She is a grown mare having a filly’s mind, looking up at a brother that has the right mind and body! She might as well be true flesh and blood of Celestia now.”

Cadence stood still for a moment unsure of how to answer Shinings distressed state. She slowly approached him latching on into a comforting hug. For several moment the two remained silent none speaking a word as they hugged.

“I guess Twilight staying here brought up some memories, didn’t it.”

Shining Armour sighed. “Yes, it did.”

Cadence gently stroked her husband's back. “I just don’t want Twilight to feel like she was completely abandoned.”

“I just want my true sister back so badly, find a solution to all of this…” He said.

“I’m sorry this is effecting you so much, just please all I’m asking is for you to try.” Cadence kept up the petting of his mane hearing him sniffle a little. “Shhh, everything will be okay.”

Shining let go of the hug shaking his head. “N-no it’s not.” He sniffled stuttering, “Not until my sister is back to normal! Cadence, fetch me the spell books, I need to do my duty as Twilight’s older brother!” He turned and started bolting down the hall.

“Shiny, you don’t have that much power!” Cadence called out following behind to try and rationalize with him.

“I don't care, I'm not letting such details stop me from trying!” He shouted, as he ran towards the palace’s library

“Shiny, don’t!” Cadence pleads.

Being a stallion, Shining was able to have quite the lead in the chase. “I won’t let you or anypony stop me.” Shining was so focused on his target that he failed to notice the pony coming around the bend. He tried to stop but it was too late as the ponies collided.

Shining Armour fell forward hitting his chin on the cold marble floor, while Twilight, namely the second pony, fell belly-up, and started to cry for the pain.

Cadence gasped running up to Twilight helping her up. “Oh dear, are you okay?”

Shining, who had still yet to recover fully groaned. “I’m fine too, thanks for asking.” He then turned to see whom he had run into and, suddenly, his rage iced over like a cold winter, and his eyes started to show a bit of sadness.

Cadence pets Twilight’s back to calm her down. ”Shh, why were you in the hall, sweetie?” She asked motherly.

“Bad dweam. Scawy munstah chasing me with book, shouting ‘Back in powah, stoopid fiwwy! Back into powah, fow you awe not one!’”

Cadence kept hugging Twilight close to her chest, not saying a word for a time. She gave another worried look up at Shining who stood there like a statue, seeming lost in thought.

“Twilight, are you okay?” Shining asked his voice sounding conflicted… almost split in several directions.

Twilight sniffled and glanced over towards him nodding gently in reply.

Shining Armour sighed. “I’d wish you hurt your head and had let that ‘monster’ take you over…” the stallion said, gaining the glare of Cadence.

Cadence frowned, as if to tell him enough was enough. She didn’t want things to escalate like he did back during dinner. Twilight teared up reaching out for a hug.

Shining gazed into Twilight’s innocent eyes, the quivering spheres threatening to steal his soul if he looked away for even a second. His stance started to break, the realization hitting him like a cannonball.

“I feel sorry for you.” He said with a sigh. “But I can’t hold a grudge forever. It wasn’t your fault you are like this. You didn’t choose to be this way.” He soon had Twilight in a big hug, quiet for a brief moment as he stroked Twilight mane, before murmuring. “Rest assured, you will not be abandoned by me ever again, not if I can help it.”

“BBBFF?” Twilight asked, a little happier now.

With those words, Shining smiled letting out a small chuckle. “Yes...your brother is here now…”

Cadence breathed a sigh of relief, soon joining in the group hug feeling so glad that Twilight wasn’t going to end up all alone. Sure, the issue of NIghtlight was still there, but, hey, she could not ask everything from life. All she had to do was ride the waves and hope for the best.