• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 11,384 Views, 1,203 Comments

A Hero Of War (UNEDITED) - DontWakeTheNeighbour



Rainbow Dash finds herself on the frontline in one of the most fearsome battles in existance.

  • ...
35
 1,203
 11,384

Home

“Is she gonna be okay?”

Rainbow was conscious but her eyes wouldn’t open, her tortured body ached as she tried to move. Tired, disorientated and confused, all she could manage was a faint twitch in her right wing.

“Di- …. Did she just move?”

The Pegasus recognised the country tone of the voice coming to her left, she heart soared as Applejack’s voice became music. With one hearty groan she, used her new found strength to lift her left hoof towards the noise.

“Oh mah Celestia! Girls! Girls! …. She’s awake!”

Rainbow heard the gallops of her friends running up towards her, she immediately felt relieved to hear their voices down as they all babbled on around her. The smell, the feel of the air the warmth, it just felt like home. Rainbow Dash coughed, silencing the ponies around her.

“W-where am I?” Dash grumbled. “W. …. Why can’t I see? …. W-where’s Bish?”

“Y-you’re in a hospital, in Canterlot.” She heard Twilight say in joy from her right. “You can’t see because there are bandages covering your eyes, it’s precautionary. We’re so happy you’re okay Rainbow. You were in a coma when we found you.”

“Urgh. …. Where’s Bishop?”

Rainbow felt somepony jump onto the bed, she didn’t have to think twice to know it was Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash could feel her strength returning as she grew more and more frustrated.

“OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIVE YOU’RE BACK!! I KNOW I HAD TO SAY GOODBYE TO YOU THAT DAY!! YOU SEE I ALWAYS GET THE-“

Before Pinkie could finish her sentence Rainbow Dash slammed her hooves on the bed, knocking the wooden frame as she growled, instantly silencing the room. Only then was she reminded of the excruciating condition she was in.

“I SAID WHERE’S BISHOP?!!” She choked.

She gritted her teeth, her chest felt like it was burning, as she listened to the silence she suddenly felt guilty for shouting at her friends. She didn’t say anything, she just sat back waiting for the inevitable answer.

“W-who’s Bishop?” Twilight said, breaking the silence.

Rainbow Dash turned onto her side, feeling the warm glow of the sun shining through the window as she curled up in the bed, pulling the sheets over her.

“Never mind.” She muttered.

Her friends looked amongst themselves, confused, saddened, Applejack walked around the bed before sitting close to Rainbow Dash.

“What in Equestria happened to you Rainbow? …. Who? …. What monster did this to you?”

Dash let out a quiet sob before covering her head, openly crying into her forehooves, Applejack was devastated, she began to break down into tears as well. Never had she seen Rainbow Dash, one of the most daring and bravest ponies she had ever known, reduced to a sobbing mess. Applejack placed a hoof on the Pegasus’s shoulder her mouth quivering as she tried to stay strong.

The rest of the mane 6 was soon gathered around the bed sharing the emotion with their long lost friend. Rainbow Dash couldn’t stand the pain, her salty tears soaked through the bandages and dripped into her stitched wounds. Her face throbbed with every move she made with her face; her whole body was shaking instinctively as she felt cold. Being reunited with her friends was not the loving, joyful experience she craved for.

Instead, she felt empty, she was home again but Bishop was still in that gruesome war.

She never even had the chance to say goodbye.