• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 483 Views, 5 Comments

The Telling of Nightmare Night - LiveLife



The Mane six get together the night before Nightmare Night and discuss it's origin.

  • ...
1
 5
 483

The Telling of Nightmare Night

Pinkie Pie bounced down the dark street, her pink mane flying in the wind. She got to Applejack's farm and knocked on the door. A great clash echoed from inside, followed by Granny Smith yelling, "Get the darn tootin' door!" and some other inaudible noises. The entire time Pinkie Pie just stood at the door, happy to wait for her family.

Minutes later, an out-of-breathe Applebloom opened the door. Seeing that it was only Pinkie, she called out, "Sis! It's Pinkie!" She then left, leaving Pinkie outside.

Applejack ran up, shaking her head. "Hullo, Pinkie! Mighty nice seein' ya! What brings ya to this neck o' the woods?" Instead of answering, Pinkie handed a piece of paper to Applejack and bounced off.

Seconds later, she came right back up to the house. "Come on, silly!" she said in her high-pitched voice. "Let's go party!" She bounced off again, and Applejack followed in her wake. Seeming to wander, yet staying on task, the two mares ended up at Fluttershy's cottage. "Fluttershy!" Pinkie yelled, knowing that she wouldn't answer the door. "It's me, Pinkie and Applejack! Come out so that we can go to Twilight's!" The call seemed to have an effect, for the yellow mare slowly opened her door and walked out, ready to flee.

"Hey, sugar-cube!" Applejack said. "Let's go on to Rarity's!" Applejack knew that Rarity would be next, since Rainbow Dash was at Twilight's Palace helping her clean up the water damage caused by the other nights storm.

The posse of three trotted through Ponyville on a mission. After some time had passed, they got to Rarity's boutique and knocked on the door. "Just a minute, darling!" Rarity said from inside. Rarity had her blue robe on, and a green face mask covered her face. "Oh, dear, are we going out in public?" Her voice was disgusted at the thought of looking like this for anypony but her friends.

Pinkie Pie called from the back of the group, "Of course not, you silly-willy. We're going to Twilight's, remember?" Rarity nodded. "Okie dokie lokie! Let's get this show on the road!" Pinkie Pie galloped off, leaving the rest of the girls struggling to catch up.

At various times later, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy got to the Palace and knocked on the door. Voices could be heard inside. "Really, Dash, I can fix water damage with a simple spell! Why do you insist on doing it the old fashion way?" This comment was followed by a series of crashing noises.

"I think that we had better save them the trouble of doing this alone," Rarity said, grabbing the knocker with her blue aura and making it ring against the door five swift times. The crystal rang pure, and Twilight rushed to see who it was.

Seeing four of her best friends made Twilight cheer up immensely. "Oh, great! You guys are here! Let's go tell Dash!" They raced into the castle giggling.

Rainbow Dash, seeing her friend's have such a good time, had to join them. "Hey, guys! Race ya to the tea-room!" With that, she was off. Applejack ran right below her, not struggling at all to keep up. They tied, closely followed by Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Fluttershy, and finally Rarity.

Pinkie Pie looked around at the baby blue room. "I know!" she exclaimed. "Let's tell scary-stories! I call going first!" Pinkie Pie turned off the lights, and put a flashlight under her face. "Once, there were two princesses. The older one loved candy, but the younger on hated it! So they had this fight which ended up with the younger one on the moon! The older one dedicated that night at ONCE to eating candy. The end."

Rainbow laughed. "Um, not only is that inaccurate, but secondly, how is that scary?"

"No candy!" Pinkie Pie gasped. "Imagine the horror! Since you said my story was inaccurate, tell a scary version of Nightmare Night that Is scary!" Her voice was indignant.

Rainbow nodded, ready for the challenge. "Okay, so once there were these awesome group of ponies that kept everyone safe. They happened to be called The Wonderbolts! One day, they tried to stop something that they never had before-a bad dream. They went up to someone, stood right in front of their sleeping body, focused, but this creature shot out of the shadows, ate the Wonderbolt, and went into the ponies mind. They say that the Wonderbolt is the keeper of bad Dreams, even now."

Rarity shook her head. "Rainbow, darling, how does that have anything to do with Nightmare Night? How is that even scary?"

Rainbow Dash looked at her with big eyes. "Well...ummm...." she trailed off.

Rarity sighed. "This is the story of how Nightmare Night originated. There was once an alicorn with the name of Princess Celestia, who if I may say, is very fashionable. I mean, come ON! Look at her crown! It matches her eyes perfectly! And her hoof cuffs! Just the right length! An-" Rarity was cut off by Fluttershy.

"R-Rarity? I don't really want a fashion lesson if that's okay with you?" Rarity laughed airily and nodded.

Twilight finally butted in. "You are all WRONG!? Don't you guys know your history?"

Rainbow Dash looked Twilight in the eye. "We know that we are wrong...we are just having some fun, okay?" Her voice was nearly reprimanding. Twilight nodded, ashamed. The friend's hung out all night, telling false stories, that weren't even scary, for the fun of it.

Author's Note:

Sorry if it sucks....a last minute thing for Halloween Nightmare Night.
I hope that you enjoy!

Comments ( 5 )

Ha cute.

Cat pictures aside happy scare the crap out of random people day! Don't celebrate it myself but meh everyone has their poison.

I like and if i could i would rate it using a pumpkin but ill get it a 4/5 because ya know length :p

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Was ok.

Cute overall.

Story felt a bit hollow- and kinda just drifted off.

It's a tale for somepony, who wants something cute and quick to read on Nightmare Night.

5250824
Pretty much....I wrote it at 11pm so I wasn't expecting much, :twilightsheepish:

5253651 Maybe so but it neted you six thumbs up.

The cuteness of it all, worked-I'd call that a win.

Login or register to comment