• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 12 Comments

Butterfly, Bright My Way - Lyx-D



Sunset Shimmer with the help of Celestia, learns that even in the darkest places, there's always light.

  • ...
3
 12
 2,142

There's Always Light

In the darkest place, there will always be light. Those simple words mean a lot to me. Maybe is because I had fallen to darkness but some girls, no, my friends help me search for the light or is it for something else. I should introduce myself, my name is Sunset Shimmer and I’m going to tell you a story no one but me and some-well somepony knows. So for you to understand the story, you should know I was Princess Celestia’s student and sometimes (most of the time) I use to stay in the castle.

And I was scared of the dark.

And that night was no other night.


So dark, I don’t like darkness. I woke up because of the stupid window closed really laud. My room is so dark; I can’t even see my hooves. I start to look around but I only see creepy things. Why the night has to exist? Why can the day stay forever? I will tell the Princess that she should let the day forever and when is time to sleep, she should make it cloudy. That way it will never be dark.

I’m so scared; I see the tail of the monster in my closet. I wanna get out of here. I WANT THE PRINCESS! I always feel safe with her. So I took my yellow butterfly plush with blue and pink wings that Princess Celestia gave me for my birthday and step out of my bed carefully, I don’t want to wake the monster. So I tip-toe out of my room.

Mission Success.

I give my butterfly a squeeze and put him on my back with my magic. At least the corridors are not so dark like my room. The moon is really bright and light up the whole hall. The moon is so pretty tonight. I like the moon but I don’t like that she always appear in the night. How can something so bea-beau-pretty can only appear in the scary night?
I start walking to the Princess’s room. In the way to there I see a unicorn guard. If he sees me, he will send me back to my room.
I hide behind a curtain and wait. I heard him leave, so I peak to see if he really leave.

Another Mission Success.

I feel like ninja. “See Mr. B, those days of training to be a ninja were for a reason” I told my butterfly plush. “Next time I will try to steal some cookies from the kitchen for you and me” I left the curtains and go in the direction of the room.
I get in front of the door. Is HUGE!! When I start being Princess Celestia’s student I thought I could never open this door but the Princess Celestia cast a spell to be lighter for me.

With my hooves I open the door and take a look inside……..IT’S DARK! So, so, dark.

“Princess?” I call but I think she didn’t hear me. I walk inside carefully. I’m trying to see the Princess but I can’t find her. The light outside the door don’t help either. I go deeper. I SEE SOMETHING MOVING!! “AHH THE MONSTER IS GOING TO EAT ME!!!!” I trip with something so I cover my eyes.

“Sunset” I hear the Princess’s voice calling me. I took my hooves out of my eyes and look up. The Princess is looking at me with the What-are-you-doing look. I can see in her face that she is tired from all those meetings she had today. So I gave her a big grin. Wait, I remember the monster, so I look to where he was and I just see…

“Oh is your tail” How silly I feel.

“You thought my tail was a monster?”

“Is not my fault it moves!” I pouted. I see the Princess smile.

“Can’t sleep, Sunny?” I love every time she calls me ‘Sunny’. I feel important and close to her. Though, if some other ponies call me that, I’m gonna- “Sunset?” Awww, back to Sunset.

“I just thought you need company after all that happen today” And I’m scared. I hear the princess giggle.

“Don’t be afraid of admitting the true, Sunset. I used to be afraid of the dark too” Uhh? The Princess of Equestria use to be afraid of the dark? “Come, let’s go back to sleep. Tomorrow we will start with a new spell” Yes, a new one. I’m tired of the levitation spell.

I took Mr. B and go up the bed and go to my usual place with the princess when we sleep together, in front of her chest and I put my head in her hoof. “Good night”

“Good night Sunny” I smile but then it all goes dark again. Until now I didn’t notice the Princess was lightening the room with her magic. I try to get closer to the Princess but I still feel scared. I feel the Princess stir and then she light the room. “Sunset, I have an idea that will make you stop being afraid of the dark”

“You will make day eternal?” What? I said I was going to ask. The Princess laughs.

“What? That’s new. Day eternal? You sure have some bizarre ideas but no” At least I try.

“What’s the idea then?” Now I’m curious.

“First answer me this. Why the moon appears only in the night?” I should ask you that! Just I few minutes ago I had the same question.

“I don’t know, umm because the sun will take her spotlight anyway?” Is it me or I just see a hurt face in my teacher.

“No, the moon is there to bright your way through the darkness of the night”

“I didn’t know that but how this is going to help me?”

“What if we create something like the moon for you? To be your companion in the darkest moments in your life, so you wouldn’t be afraid” I would love that. To have my own moon, my own light.

“But the moon is so big” I see the Princess look for something and then she looks at me and smile.

“It doesn’t have to be a moon. Sunset, I will turn off the lights and will show you your new friend, okay?” Can you show me with the lights on? I don’t say anything, just nod. Then all is dark.

“Princess?” I see her golden magic take form of a butterfly. Is so big, like the size of my head, and really beau-beautiful. Not only that, it bright the room. I can’t stop staring at it. “wow”

“Do you like it?” I raise my head to see the Princess smiling and I nod. I see the butterfly move towards me and sit in my muzzle. “This is going to be your light. Every time you feel scared you can cast this spell and will always be with you” The butterfly start to fly in circles I can’t stop smiling. I can’t help myself, I go to the butterfly and touch it; the butterfly transform to a millions butterflies and start to fly around me by now I can’t stop laughing. “And me” I thought I heard the Princess but I ignore it.

“I love it! When can I learn the spell? I want to learn it as fast as I can”

I past a full hour learning the spell but I finally could make a butterfly. It was smaller than the Princess’s and blue. The Princess said she was proud and smile at me.
“Ready to go to sleep?” In that same moment she asks me, I yawn.

“Umm-um yes” I yawn again and she gives me a warm smile. I lie on her hoof and close my eyes, no longer afraid of the dark.

“Sunny, promise me something”

“Wha?” I said in a sleepy voice.

“I want you to promise me you will always remember that in the darkest place, there will always be light. Do you promise?”

“I promise” I feel her nuzzle me so I return the affection.

“I love you, remember, I will always love you, Sunny”

“I luv you too” I finally fall asleep.


I closed the history book, I can’t concentrate. My mind is in other places. Why I have to be in this stupid school? Oh, wait, I remember now. How can I be so stupid? I could have being happy in Equestria but no, I had to choose power over love and friendship. But if I stay in Equestria I would have never made friends. I wouldn’t learn about friendship. “This is so complicated!” I close my eyes and let my head back. I sigh, how I wish things were simpler like those days.

Do you even forgive me, Celestia? Do you still love me? Of course not, with everything that I have done. I don’t deserve your love. I sigh again and look down to the book. I open it and take the pen. I should keep writing the easy for history class. I start to write in the paper but something stood in my pen and when I look I couldn’t stop smiling. It is…

A yellow butterfly

Author's Note:

I hope you like it.
Sorry for my bad grammar, English is not my native language.
Oh and is written with simple vocabulary because Sunset is like 6 years old. So I wanted to make it as close as possible to a child's mind.

Comments ( 9 )

So cute :pinkiecrazy:

5208966
Thanks for your loving comment:twilightsmile:
At least it made you laugh

Comment posted by HollyB deleted Nov 1st, 2014

5208966
Thats a horrible thing to say... keep your mean comments to yourself.

there are some errors but other then that I loved this

“See Mr. B

static.fimfiction.net/images/story_images/80687.png?1359612694
Sorry. Even months after reading that story, I remember the name of the Big Daddy from it.

You know what?
If killing from overcutenes would be possible... You would be murderer by now...
I tottaly loved it! Especially thos part in the past... little Sunset is so cute and hillarious. And this joke with "eternal day":rainbowlaugh:

Sequel Please for the love of all that is good oh my god i need a sequel.

Login or register to comment