• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 328 Views, 11 Comments

Here Not To Stay - xXLostChangelingsXx



When a brilliant unicorn gets denied the opportunity to change the world, what does he do? He goes and gets himself banished. Now he's back, and ready to try again.

  • ...
 11
 328

Scene 1

I wasn't trying to ruin anything, but I did. I was just a unicorn searching for the truth of life, hoping to know what it's possible to know. But the Princesses didn't let me. They called my means "unethical," and "horrible," even going so far as to tell me I couldn't even have a proper laboratory. Well, I'll show them that I can do it. Them they'll know it was wrong to kick me out of Equestria all those many years ago.

I'll show those alicorns.

They'll see.


It's another sunny day in Equestria, and the peaceful land rejoices during the Summer Sun Celebration. This past year had been devoid of beings of chaos and changelings, and the first since Princess Twilight Sparkle had gained her castle in Ponyville, two years before. Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence have had their share of hardships, and now Equestria is safe, all four Princesses return to their homes to relax. Far across Equestria, through the Badlands, and even further still by a three-day trek across the red, rocky ground, news is still quite quick in travel, thanks to the griffons that fly through.

They have taken a liking to the strange unicorn that never seems to age.

And he very much so appreciates their words as he gallops through the Badlands to Equestria.


The ponies of Dodge Junction are so nice to me. They even pay for a ticket to get me to Ponyville. Even though they can probably see the red Badlands dust under the cloak I wear.

"Hope you find what you're looking for," one of the townsponies says, giving me a satchel of food and a smaller sack inside with a small amount of bits.

"Thank you," I say, taking the donations and heading into the train. I wonder why they haven't asked about the dust, or the rough croak of my voice. Nevertheless, less of a problem for me, and more of a problem for whoever I end up confronting.

I take a seat in my designated car and munch on a carrot I've found in my bag. These carrots taste much better than the ones I've been growing for years. It's no surprise my flank isn't adorned with a carrot cutie mark.

As I look out the window to my left, a small group of mares cones aboard. Using the reflection in the glass instead of turning around, I examine the passengers.

One pink Earth pony, three balloons as a cutie mark. She has a highly annoying voice.

One orange, blond Earth pony, three apples as a cutie mark. Country accent, probably an apple farmer.

One yellow pegasus with a pink mane, three small butterflies as her cutie mark. Probably doesn't fly around much.

These three move aside, and I see another pegasus and a unicorn. These two are waiting for someone to get on.

Blue with rainbow-coloured mane, a cloud spitting out a rainbow lightning bolt cutie mark. Probably a fast flier. Rainbow Dash, possibly?

Three gems. Purple mane. Highly sensitive to fashion, judging by the way her mane is curled and those fake eyelashes.

I'm still ignoring their words when their friends comes on. At first, all I see is a purple unicorn, then her and the other two go to take their seats, and I spot wings. Princess Twilight Sparkle.

That makes the two earth ponies Applejack and Pinkie Pie, the pegasi Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and the unicorn Rarity. The bearers of the Elements of Harmony! In the same train car as me! I duck my head a little more to avoid eye contact with everypony in the train, especially Pinkie Pie, the "party pony of the group.

"Oh, lookie! He doesn't look like he's very happy!"

Before anypony can do anything, I stand and head for the back of the train. I doubt anyone would stop me from sitting in a train car with an extremely annoying pony like Pinkie Pie.

The train slows to a stop and the brakes squeal loudly, grating on my nerves, which, after this long train ride, are already really frayed. Shaking my head, I follow the six mares out of the train, eager to get out and find out where I need to go next to get to the princesses. The griffons never were very good at telling me which roads and tracks went where. Ignoring the laughter of ponies all around me, I trot up to the map posted on a wall of the ticket station. As I look at it, I can tell that the time I have been gone was enough to let everything change quite a bit.

"Excuse me, sir, you look lost.... D-do you need any help?" a quiet voice asks from next to me. Glancing down, I see a bit of a pink mane and a yellow leg.

"Don't see how you can help me unless you can get Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to listen to me," I mutter.

Two legs come into view out of the corner of my eye, and more mane. "O-oh, my friend is Princess Twilight. I'm sure she can help you talk with the other princesses."

"Yeah, sure. And I'm over a thousand years old," I reply dryly. Decepticon was always one of my talents. Just not the talent.

"N-no, really. M-my name is Fluttershy. Um, if you like, you could come and stay at my house. Until, um, you can go to Canterlot, of course. If you want."

I really don't have enough bits to rent out a room for any amount of time. Maybe I could just stay there until I gathered enough for a ticket to Canterlot. "Okay. But only until I can go to Canterlot."

"Oh, then come with me, please. You can settle in while I go talk to Twilight, if that's okay."

Nodding, I follow the timid pegasus to her home, which probably houses many smaller animals.... An adventure within an adventure. Just my luck, of course....