• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 1,080 Views, 25 Comments

Coming Attractions - Rouis



Two ponies find themselves at the center of an equestrian entertainment revolution.

  • ...
1
 25
 1,080

Prologue: Dances with Hooves

Two shapes were huddled in the dark community college A/V room, unaware of the consequences of their actions. The wider of the two spoke up. “There’s no way you should do it dude. Too much for your system to handle on its own, you saw how it processed with two-thousand three hundred and twenty four of them.”

Rouis Presents:

The Taller of the two rebuked his warning. “Yes why don’t we just give up? No! We did not come this far just to turn around on the threshold of a new discovery. This could change everything!” He then pointed a finger towards the Wider shape. "This is history in the making my friend, history in the making."

A Rouis Fan Fiction

The Wider one let loose a sigh as he watched the pastel pink shapes dance across the projected monitor. “Approaching eight-thousand” announced the Tallest one.

“Your CPU’s funeral” The Wider one chided in, using a sing-song tone to express his disinterest. The image on the monitor froze for a moment then stabilized; a veritable sea of pink swam in his vision.

“We’ve done it! Approximately nine-thousand Pinkie Pies, oh I love desktop ponies!” The Taller got out of his seated position to do what most would refer to as a victory thrust before stopping completely.“What are you doing?” He asked the Widest, noticing his hand motioning towards the control.

“What’s the harm in just one more?” The Wider asked before clicking the mouse. They had time to hear the strange whoosh of air but no more as the sea of pink in their screen shed a blinding light upon them. By the time the light vanished, the computer laid smoking and dead, the room empty. Four lost ones unwittingly setting out on a new adventure.

Starring Ponies

Two ponies were huddled around a small scorch mark in the woods, now aware of the consequences to their actions. One was a unicorn of deep green coat with a dark brown mane and tail spoke up. “I told you it was too much for the computer to handle!” He sighed and poked at the ground with one of his forelegs. “Are we in even in Equestria?"

His companion spoke up while standing up, a little shaky at first, but gaining his balance with ease in the end. “I have no clue, but who cares. This is the best experiment gone wrong ever!" He leapt straight up trying to balance on his rear legs as if to form a crude victory pose, this of course failed as he fell on his back. This pony sported a crimson red coat, along with a charcoal black mane and tail.

The green pony laughed at his friends failed flaunting then stood up. “As cool as this may be, I think your misunderstanding something. We have no money, no food, and no idea where we are! ” He extended a hoof to the bridge of his muzzle to push a silver pair of glasses up to his eyes. “The only thing that came here with us was my glasses.” Looking around, seeing nothing but trees and growth he turned his attention back to the crimson stallion next to him. “What’s the plan?” He asked the flopped over one.

Standing up and shaking himself off the crimson pony held a hoof under his chin as if trying to seem contemplative before suggesting a plan. “We could just hoof it in a random direction until we find something?”
The green coated pony trotted up beside him. “Lead away” He sarcastically remarked.

Introducing….

“No way this blows!” Shouted Mr. Green looking at himself in the reflections of a stream, a pair of green eyes staring at a cleanly blank hindquarter before turning to his companion and whining. “Yeah we get to be ponies and all, but were lost in the middle of who knows where, no money, and we’re fully grown blank flanks.”

The crimson pony turned to his friend and retorted. “At least you’re a unicorn” Taking his friend’s small green horn into account, and then looking down at himself. “I’m just an earth pony, no special powers or anything.”

The green pony trotted over to him. “First of all dude, your huge I mean look at you!.” He poked his friend in the side, before adding. “Also earth ponies are special, remember? I’m sure you have the ability to cultivate something fierce if you set your mind to it.” He then gazed into the reflection in the stream looking at the strange new appendage on top of his cranium, reaching out with a hoof; he gently tapped it, feeling about the equivalent of licking a battery at the touch. “I don’t even know how to use this thing anyway.” Hearing his stomach grumble, he began to complain. “Dude I’m hungry, I can’t stop thinking about food, maybe some tacos.”

The Crimson pony looked out, his mouth agape. “Um dude, I think your magic-ing or something.” He pointed to the image of two hard shell tacos, floating on the surface of the stream, a small beam of verdant light leading from their image to his friends horn. Reaching out with a hoof, he almost fell in to the stream as the image gave way at his touch. “Just an illusion then, your like some kind of hum-“ He stopped himself at the mention of a word which no longer applied to the two ponies. “Pony projector, Oh dude I have the perfect pony name for you!” He pointed a hoof at his friend and shouted. “Silver Screen, besides it’s not like our old names would matter wherever we are, hopefully Equestria.”

Silver Screen

The green pony mulled the thought over in his head before accepting the new name. “I like it, only fair that I get to come up with your name then” Silver Screen threw a few out in his brain, contemplating them all for effect. “Oh well I’ll think of one for you eventually, let’s keep going on, we need to find food or civilization or something.”

And….

The Crimson pony increased his speed galloping towards the light ahead of them. “Dear sweet Celestia a clearing! Civilization, maybe even food!” He shouted as he burst through the brush and out into the open, his eyes darting back and forth has he noticed the hustle and bustle going on before him. Ponies of all shapes and sizes wandered about cobbled streets. They may have woken up in a forest, but that forest was right next to a population hub.

Silver Screen huffed and heaved as he struggled to catch up to his friend, panting from being out of breath. “Jeez, even for a pony I’m out of shape” he wheezed as he dropped down next to his awestruck friend. “You can really haul it huh; I think you’re going to have to go with Long Haul for a name.” He inhaled the sweet air greedily before looking at what had his friend so hypnotized. “Oh look, people.” He said before laying his head back and closing his eyes.

Long Haul in….

The newly named Long Haul carefully stepped over his resting friend and looked about. In the show they had seen back where they came from, it seemed like straw huts and peaceful small town constructions were the norm, unless you were in Canterlot that is. But here he saw cobbled roads, brick buildings; it was like ponies had watched a few too many hours of the BBC and tried to re-create London in their own way. Trotting forward, he hollered at a lilac pegasus fluttering through the air. “Excuse me miss, where are we?”

She looked at him like he was insane, and then answered in what would pass as a British accent back home. “Are you daft now? You’re in Trottingham!”

Coming Attractions