• Published 25th Oct 2014
  • 865 Views, 7 Comments

Life When I Lived In Cloudsdale - CassyDashie



Rainbow Crash is my new nickname. Everypony hates me here. I can't take it anymore. My only friends are Fluttershy, and Gilda, but even Gilda teases me. I hate it here in Cloudsdale. Fluttershy recently moved to Ponyville, should I, too?

  • ...
1
 7
 865

Life in Cloudsdale

The warm morning sun shining on my well-rested eyes awakes me from my peaceful slumber. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and squint out the window behind my cozy cloud bed. It's the first day of spring, and it showes. Even from how high I am in my private cloud, I can still see the colorful daisies down below. I can see many ponies already awake, enjoying the sunny weather, and so are the spring birds. I stretch out my arms, and let out a satisfied yawn. I finally get out of my cloudy bed and get on my hooves. I notice my old photo hanging on my pure white walls. My friends and I were all making goofy faces at the camera, and Applejack and Pinkie Pie were holding big blue flags that said: "Welcome to Ponyville!" I smile at that memory. I remember the day I moved to Ponyville very clearly, as if it was yesterday. Under the happy photo, there's a cardboard box, with the words: "Flight School" written with a black marker. I slowly approach the box, and carefully open it. The items the box contains makes me cringe. The first thing I can see is a photo that was taken after the big race at Flight School ended. It showed three pegasi that I can no longer remember the names of, with a medal around each of their necks. I was in the background, with my head down. I hate losing. Always have, always will. I take out the photo, and under it is a small cyan book with rainbows on the edges. I pick it up and flip to the first page. The first words say: "Property of Rainbow Dash". I also notice the date on the top. "Febuary 1st 2009". My birthday. I flip to the next page, and there's some cursive writing, written by me. It says:

Dear Diary,

Today is my 14th birthday. My pal Fluttershy gave me this diary last week as an early birthday present, but I decided to start writing in it today, since it's my birthday and all. Anyways, let me tell you about me. My name is Rainbow Dash, and I'm pretty awesome. I'm so awesome that I can do a sonic rainboom!! That's how I got my amazing cutie mark by the way. I haven't done the sonic rainboom in a couple years, but that doesn't mean I can't do it anymore! I'm still very popular for it, but tons of pegasi are asking me to do the sonic rainboom again, and some pegasi are ignoring me, now. I need to prove myself. I need to do the sonic rainboom again.

I sigh. Trying to do the sonic rainboom again for the first time in forever in public was defiantly a huge mistake. That memory still makes me cringe. I remember that day very clear...



I was surrounded by pegasi of all kinds, cheering me on. I had told everyone that I still could do a sonic rainboom, and that I could prove it! I asked everypony to meet me in front of the school we went to at the time, so they could see my rainboom. Everypony came. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of pegasi. I loved the attention, especially that kind. Everything seemed to be in slow-motion. The sight of tons of ponies jumping and cheering with their hooves in the air. Me, waving to all my fans. I smiled from ear to ear, as I noticed that several pegasi were holding flags with my name on them. I was beaming with pride. I wasn't the slightest bit nervous. I knew that if I did it once, I could do it again.
I just should've practiced first.

I shot off into the sky like a rocket. My fans cheered even louder. I kept going up, faster and faster, until I was high enough to go down. I changed myself into a down position. I was by now going so fast that the wind was blocking any sound. I looked around, expecting to see the start of a rainboom form around me, but there was nothing. I pushed myself harder, which was a little painful, but I had to prove to everypony that I could do it. I was definitely fast, but nowhere fast enough to break the sound barrier. Suddenly, my wings starting to go out of control.

"I shouldn't have pushed it."

I thought as I spun out of control. I kept spinning, unable to stop, when suddenly I crashed right into the school, causing me to fall back on the clouds everypony else was on. I dusted myself and stood up, but then fell again. Nopony was cheering for me anymore. By now, the only thing I could hear was laughing. I could feel my face burning up, so I looked down, hiding my blush.

"Ha! We should call her Rainbow Crash, for now on!"

Hoops teased. To be perfectly honest, I used to like Hoops, which made his comment even more hurtful. His two friends joined him, and started laughing as well.
I stood a little straighter, wanting to give them a piece of my mind.

"You better shut your mouth. I was just tired today, that's all! Now leave me alone!"

I snapped. That just made them laugh even more.

"Ha, face it Rainbow Crash. You'll never ever become a Wonderbolt if crashing is the best move you can do. You might as well give up, idiot. "

Score shouted in my face. I could feel tears in my eyes threatening to form. I looked around. There was no way I could cry in front of all these ponies.
Even while I was biting my lip with all my strength, I could feel it quivering.

"I-I-I will become a W-Wonderbolt! Y-you'll see!"
I choked out, trying to sound bold, but failed. I prayed that nopony noticed.
They did.

"Aw, look! Rainbow Crash is crying like the little baby she is! I guess she finally realized how worthless she is. Wow, pathetic."
Hoops scoffed, staring at directly at my teary eyes.
I couldn't take it.
I flew through the school doors behind me as fast as I could. I flew to my room number, 14. I slammed the door shut. Thankfully, my roommate, Gilda, wasn't there. I slumped onto my bed and sobbed. I spotted my Wonderbolts poster signed by Spitfire on the black wall. I sprung out of my bed and tore it right off the wall, without holding back. My tears fell on where Spitfire signed her name, and it smudged her signature a little. I stared at it for a moment, then ripped it right down the middle, and crumpled it. I tried to throw it into the trash can, but missed. But I didn't care. I could no longer do the sonic rainboom. I no longer had fame. The bullies words kept re-playing in my mind.

"Idiot"

"Pathetic"

"Worthless"

My diary was beside me on my bedside table. I picked it up along with a pencil.

"Dear Diary,

That didn't exactly go as planned. I couldn't do the sonic rainboom. I failed, so bad. So so so bad. I'm so worthless. Why am I talking like this?! I'm Rainbow Dash!! Oh wait...I'm Rainbow Crash.



That was one of the hardest days of my life. I had never felt so alone. I put down the diary for a moment and look around my cloud house. That Wonderbolts poster is still on my wall, except, it is taped where I ripped it. Spitfire's name is still a bit smudged, but I don't care. I smile at the fact on how much happier I am now. Moving to Ponyville was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have definitely regained my confidence, which is all thanks to Fluttershy. I flipped to the next page of my diary.

"Dear Diary,

Fluttershy just helped me so much..."

Comments ( 7 )

That made me so sad I cried :fluttercry:

Awwwww poor dashie (╥﹏╥)
Can't wait for th next chapter

A good start to what sounds to be a good story, this was worth the favourite. :heart:

-Frost :pinkiesmile:

5188852 I agree! No mistakes in this chapter! Very good job indeed! This was fantastic, i honestly love short stories like this.

Aww, poor Dash! This was fun to read, why did you cancel it? :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment