• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Dread Necromancress - TheButcher



Our Heroines Face a Villain who's crafty, resourceful, intelligent, diligent, secretive, experienced and unimaginably powerful. Also Annoying at worst.

  • ...
 0
 345

The Ritual

Her diabolical Plan was in it's final stages! SS was checking over the last of the six vast trees of runic inscriptions once again and made sure everything was perfect. Her dark sacrifices were in perfect condition for the rite too and soon the stars would be in alignment and aid in her dark rite. Her oven made a cheerful little *ding* to signify that the time was right to start.

Quickly her Horn lit up and opened the oven, withdrawing from it the charred remains of six rosebushes, roasted alive just before their first bud was about to open.

In a voice like cracked parchment she began:

"The hot ashes of six virgins, burned just before their prime, shall power this rite, they shall call you, oh Mother of the Stars. Your children shall aid in your escape on this shortest of Nights in the Thousandst year. And I will crumble your Prison!" She intoned, crumbling the remains within the circles at the outer end of the runes.

Next she withdrew a the crushed remains of an hedgehog from the freezer. "The rotten carcass of a senseless death, forgotten and unburied, shall tear down Loyalty." The carcass went into the first of the Circles.

"An unwanted foal, killed before it could scream it's first breath, shall tear down Kindness." Here there went a rotten apple, one of it's seeds cut in two with a knife.

"A stolen good, taken out of spite, shall tear down Generosity." The third circle contained the pen she took off of that one rude conductor who wrote her a ticked because her senior's pass was out of date. What did he think? That she somehow got younger in the meantime? And she even accidentally bought a day ticked that day even though she had a month ticked already, so she payed twice for that train ride! And she still had to pay that stupid fee! If this wasn't spite, she doesn't know what is! And indeed, the pen released enough Magic to cancel the Element trice over.

"Tears of an innocent, bullied for no reason, shall tear down Laughter." She pressed the piece of Onion against her eye until she was crying. HA! If only Bordy Woodenfloor would know that his "harmless roughhousing" would one day be the key to her triumph! It was with a little relief that she saw the Magic accepting the sacrifice, as it would mean that she could release the little muskrat she caught last week as a backup.

"A back of lief, grafted for berfonal gain, shall dear down Honefdy!" She should have done the Laughter one last. Good thing the ritual didn't depend on correct pronounciation. (Which would be silly anyway, it's not like anyone needs to hear the words, they just need to be said.) As the Magic tore up the Autobiography of Sweet Singer(Who was actually called Hieter Hohlen!) she blew her nose and readied the last and most important sacrifice, the one she spend two years preparing, just getting it ready on time.

"A weapon of racism, slayer of a thousand beings, hated for what they were born as, shall tear down the Element of Love!" And with that the kitchen knife she used to cut up all those disgusting mushrooms was consumed. Ew, Mushrooms are dead rotten things risen from the earth again!(Not that she could talk.) They are not plants, but closer in chemical makeup, and therefore taste, to insects, flies and bugs! She hated those Treedamn things and even worse sometimes they put them in your food without writing it on the menu! She couldn't count the times she wanted to eat a nice cucumber au four and there were Mushrooms in the ragout! Not to forget that in the last two years she found a new hatred for the things, as finding them neccessiated going out and hobbling through the forest when it was damp and warm outside, giving her a constant throbbing pain in her aged joints.

The last circle flared and finally their Magic flowed through the complex diagramms describing what it shoud do. It reached out to the heavens and blasted through her roof, setting it on fire. It kept growing and growing, creating a bridge all the way to the Moon... And then she stepped into the middle of the circle and raised a single pale blue gemstone, cut into the shape of a Heart.

This was the moment she would backstab her patrons!

Her horn glowed and flashed, before darkening and being engulfed in shadows, even as her eyes turned green and began to leak purple smoke. The small Heart of Crystal in turn began to shine not with light, but with Darkness, as it began to suck at the connection between Moon and Equus.

"THE POWER OF DARKNESS FLOW INTO THIS CHRYSTAL HEART! GRANT ME ETERNAL LIFE!" Really, why power her immortality with the suffering of hundreds of Ponies, when there is a large reservoir of dark power already on the Moon, sitting idle?

...

...

Nothing happened. Once the Chrystal Heart sucked up all of the Energies of her Rite and snapped it's connection SS sat dumbly in her burning kitchen, wondering what went wrong. Looking up at the smoldering hole in her roof she gasped. The Mare in the Moon was gone... Someone else had preempted her!