• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 1,459 Views, 29 Comments

Letters to a Princess - Sun Dial



Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle, I'm really new to this whole friendship thing, and I could use your help? Your Faithful Student, Sunset Shimmer

  • ...
3
 29
 1,459

Griffon the Brush Off

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I know you don’t want me calling you that, but to me, that’s all you’ve ever been. Since I first learned about you its, all I could ever think about

And well… How I wasn't

Celestia wrote to me once a year on each of my birthdays. I hated her for it. For four years she never mentioned you. I would ask you not to go back and read them… they’re… well I don’t think you want to see what I wrote to her.

She wrote me one final time before the thirty moons were up. She…. I think she was hoping I’d come home. She told me all about your accomplishments, about how you rescued Luna, and defeated Discord. She wrote about all of your adventures with your friends, and how you became a princess.

Princess Twilight Sparkle…

How I hated that name. Ha. Now I can’t say it enough. You are deserving of the title. I think that I’ve begun to understand what Celestia always wanted from me, and what she sees in you.

I can’t say that I really understand everything about friendship but I do feel like I’m learning. For the past two weeks, Rainbow had an old friend visiting from out of town. Seemed nice enough, if a little rough. Rainbow started hanging out with Gilda and canceling everything else. I didn’t think much of it, neither did AJ or Rarity. Rainbow wasn’t going to be able to have much time with Gilda before she left. I'd done the same if some of my old friends had visited, that is if I had any.

Turns out Pinkie Pie wasn’t so keen on being pushed aside, so she invited herself to hang out with them. Not that I was complaining, it gave me more time to work on my homework and run the library. Oh! I never told you that did I? Well, its not like I actually own the library, but as part of my community service, Principal Celestia said I could be an assistant to Ivory Scroll. Ivory Scroll is college student who’s getting her degree in Politics. One of her classes requires her to be involved in the community, and evidently running a High School’s library counts.

She’s always running back and forth between the campus and here, so I run the library between her classes.

But that’s not what I need to tell you about right now. Pinkie came to me after she, Gilda and Dash went to the mall. She kept saying how Gilda was a mean meanie pants who kept trying to hog Rainbow all to herself. I couldn’t help but think she was jealous, and she was, but there was something more too it. Pinkie kept going on about how Gilda kept showing off all of her new stuff she got at all these different shops. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but I began to think that maybe Gilda wasn’t just trying to hog all of Dash’s time.

Turned out I was right and I feel just awful now. My digging... well... it ended up getting Gilda and Dash into trouble. Gilda had swiped a few items from a few of the shops, and had tried to get Dash to grab some things too. Dash had refused, but hadn’t reported it either. Now I have both Gilda and Dash in jail and mad at me and I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do anything wrong, but rumors are flying around about how I got my own friend suspended for something she didn't do.

I could really use your advice. I’m not sure what to do now. I did what I thought was right but my friends are mad at me. I don't know if what I did was correct, or what I can do to fix the situation. I'm so lost, but you're a princess, and one of friendship at that. What would you do?

Your Faithful Friend,

Sunset Shimmer

Author's Note:

Chapter 1 of my crazy idea for a fic. Hope you enjoyed a little trip through Sunset's life.