• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 4,528 Views, 16 Comments

The Night of her Life - Blubber



What happens when one pony wants another?? They join together of course, and that's what will happen always

  • ...
17
 16
 4,528

Only the Beginning

The Night of her life: Only the Beginning



Twilight sat under Luna’s moonlight as she watched the stars dance across the sky, not caring about the time or the sudden drop in temperature. The Purple Alicorn was watching the rise and fall of the stars in the serene night sky, waiting for the annual meteor shower.

“I wish my Friends could be here to see this with me…” Twilight muttered to herself as she absorbed the beauty of the night and its peaceful flow, remembering that all of her friends had things to do that prevented them from joining Twilight on this night.

Twilight sighed as she reapplied her focus on the night sky. She began to count the stars, identify her favourite constellations, and began to think of the Pony who created such a wonderful time, Princess Luna.

“I wonder what watching the stars with Princess Luna will be like… maybe she will teach me a thing or two about the night…” Twilight thought aloud, not caring about anypony that might hear her voice. “It’s not like it would cause concern or discomfort right?” Twilight asked the open air around her before opening a piece of parchment to scribble some notes in.

“Plus who wouldn’t want to stargaze with the Princess of the night?” Twilight added.

--------Meanwhile in Canterlot-------

“Please Celestia, let me go to PonyVille! The Stars are brighter there!” Luna complained as she attempted to persuade her sister to allow her the night to visit PonyVille on less than royal duties.

“But Luna, what if somepony spots you? That could end badly and have mixed results.” Celestia pointed out as a very annoyed Luna began to contemplate her options,

“What if I used a disguise? Like days of old where we disguised like our parents and terrorised the Towns ponies! Umm…. Excluding the terrorising for this occasion…” Luna suggested as her excitement grew.

“I suppose that should be fine…” Celestia said unable to fight the simplicity of Luna’s plan, “But what disguise will you use and how long will you be out?” Celestia walked over to where Luna had sat down.

“Well… I was going to use Midsummer… and as for time, I shall be back in time to raise the moon, if there aren’t any delays…” Luna said, becoming less and less confident in her plan to see the Stars, not that they were her main focus that night.

Even Luna found it hard to believe that stargazing was second priority tonight, especially since the first thing was so miniscule that most would overlook the drive behind it. “What do you mean delays?” Celestia asked starting to put together the true reason behind Luna wanting to visit PonyVille,

“Like as in… umm… if I decide to visit the locals…” Luna said with her voice dripping with lies.

Celestia thought about the implications Luna had said in her reasons to visit PonyVille. “Well as long as you get back here and raise the moon without getting seen by anypony, then that should be fine dear sister.” Celestia said after she finally pieced together most of what Luna had said that night.

“Thanks Celestia, you’re the best sister ever!” Luna said unable to contain her excitement as she hugged Celestia, nearly suffocating her.

“Ok Luna, go now or you won’t be able to make it back in time to raise the moon.’ Celestia said releasing herself from Luna’s vice like hug.

“Right!” Luna agreed as she lit her horn, casting a teleportation spell, the destination; PonyVille. With a quick midnight blue flash she vanished from her room leaving a very cheerful Celestia,

“Luna, I wouldn’t have believed it if you didn’t come to me tonight.” Celestia said leaving Luna’s room to retire to her own so she could sleep and prepare herself for the next day.

------------PonyVille----------

Luna appeared in the fields beyond PonyVille just below the hills that many Ponies used as a Stargazing point or a romantic picnic area, both usually happened at the same time. “Alright, disguise time…” Luna said as she started to preform her transformation spell, taking longer due to the amount of time that passed since she performed the spell and the time it took to remember the exact Pony she wanted to transform into.

Twilight was busy scribbling but a bright light was distracting her, with slight frustration that somepony was ruining the serenity of the night sky, she got on her hooves making some very uncomfortable cracking sounds coming from her joints, and began to trot down to the source of the light. Twilight was nearing the bottom of the hill, while preparing a very angry speech about how if there is a need for light, that they dampen it or cover it with something to not ruin the view for others around the area. But what she saw, it completely dissolved her anger and replaced it with shock. “Princess?”


“Princess?” upon hearing the sound of another’s voice Luna jumped and turned, as she turned she forgot that she wasn’t in disguise yet and had no excuses or ways to talk her flank out of the situation, but as she completely turned to the direction of the voice she froze. Unable to make any words come out of her mouth to calm the shocked and probably fainted Twilight Sparkle, after her initial shock she walked over to Twilight and asked “Twilight are you ok? I’m sorry if I startled yo-” Luna began before being cut off,

“Oh no Princess I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that it was you, I thought it was some Fillies and colts thinking that light didn’t travel and carry in the dark.” Twilight interjected as she bowed in respect to Luna, even if she was of the same status as her she couldn’t help it, it was an old habit and one that was almost impossible to break.

Twilight promptly rose “So what brings you here Luna?” Twilight asked as she recovered from the initial shock,

“Well…Uhh… you see… I was wanting to star gaze tonight, and I felt like getting away from Canterlot and seeing if PonyVille had a better view, with it being low lying and much less populated than Canterlot…” Luna rambled only half believing the things she said as her excuses didn’t make sense and that she had failed her promise of being found out, not that she wanted to follow it but the pre-empted reveal of her presence was a fail in her mind.

“Ok cool, I was out here stargazing as well. You want to join me?” Twilight asked as a slight blush overtook her,

“That would be great!” Luna replied as she started to walk to the top of the hill, ‘Oh she asked me, this is going to plan…ish’ Luna thought to herself as she looked back to see Twilight following not far behind her.

“So… Twilight… I didn’t realise that you were going to be here tonight, I thought your castle would’ve been a better option for stargazing.” Luna Commented looking back to Twilight as they reached Twilight’s original spot on the hill.

“Contrary to what ponies think, the castle doesn’t have the same feeling as sitting on the grass looking at the stars. If anything it makes me feel like there is nothing but the stars, gives me a break from being a princess.” Twilight said slightly blushing at the fact that she said how beautiful the stars were to the pony who could craft and move them. “Kind of like how you got away from Canterlot to watch the stars… with me.” Twilight added she laid down on the grass and pulled a blanket closer to her, offering half to Luna who was still standing.

“Yes, thank you Twilight.” Luna said accepting Twilight’s invitation to lie down. Feeling Twilight against her made a very bright blush appear across her face, “Umm… Twilight… We are a bit close you know…” Luna said starting to become very embarrassed,

“Yea but it’s fine right?” Twilight asked as she cocked her head in confusion. “Are you ok Luna? You seem to be blushing a lot… and your speech is a bit fragmented.” Twilight asked out of genuine concern, not knowing the internal conflicts currently occurring within Luna’s mind.

‘Luna It’s a dream come true! She isn’t frightened or embarrassed about contact, she wants you!’ Luna shook her head dispelling the thoughts, “Umm… yes I’m fine, just thinking about tonight and what could happen.” Luna replied showing a slight smile to emphasise her point that everything was fine.

“Sure Luna… this could turn out to be a fun night, nopony wanted to come with me to watch so your company is nice, even relaxing.” Twilight said as she began to comprehend what is occurring, “Umm… Luna… is there another reason that you came to PonyVille other than wanting to Stargaze?” Twilight asked as her curiosity overcame her sense of privacy.

“Umm… actually… yes… Twilight… I…” Luna struggled to say as her mind crumbled ‘Was I really that obvious? Did I say too much? Oh but what if she rejects me?’ Luna thought as Twilight shuffled towards her and wrapped her in her hooves.

“Shh its fine Luna, I was being a bit nosy, you don’t have to answer.” Twilight said in a soothing voice in an attempt to calm Luna who was blushing profusely and starting to shiver.

‘Now or never Luna!’ Luna thought as she wrapped Twilight in her hooves and planted her muzzle against Twilight’s. She held there for a few seconds before withdrawing “Twilight, I love you! I always have since after that first nightmare night!” Luna wailed as her blush intensified more than it already had, Twilight on the other hoof hadn’t even recovered from the Kiss,

“You…Love me?” Twilight said no louder than a whisper “Luna…” Twilight muttered as she rose from her seated spot.
“Then the reason you were here… was me?” Twilight asked to confirm her selected reason,

“Yes Twilight, I’m here because I Love you… I’m sorry if I have caused any discomfort, I’ll leave now.” Luna said lighting her horn.

“No… Don’t go Luna” Twilight said as Luna turned back to see a teary eyed Twilight, “Luna, I love you too!” Twilight rushed Luna and shared another kiss with the princess of the night.

Twilight withdrew from Luna and beckoned her over to the original spot with her hoof, Luna eagerly followed and laid a wing over Twilight. “Twilight the stars are beautiful tonight, but you outshine them all in beauty and grace.” Luna said as she nuzzled the purple Alicorn as they both wore a look of pure love to each other.

“Luna, you stand out more than the moon on a starless sky.” Twilight said returning the affection. They returned to the blanketed spot and huddled under it, wrapping their wings around each other and leaning into the others neck.

“You know we still got time before you need to return to Canterlot Luna…” Twilight said unable to think of what to do next,

“Just watch the skies Twilight, with you my time is well spent.” Luna whispered in Twilight’s ear as she gestured towards the illuminated sky.

“This is going to be the night of your life Twilight” Luna whispered in Twilight’s ear as she gave motion to the stars to form the shape of a crescent moon cradling a giant six pointed star…

“And it is only the beginning…” Twilight said as she planted a quick kiss on Luna’s lips…


The End…

Comments ( 16 )

It's not bad... but:
1: It's very rushed. There isn't a paragraph between "is she in love with me?" and "she is!"
2: Why Luna need the autorisation of Celestia? The night is Her domain, not celestia's.
3: To short.

But a good try, keep going!

5175802
Thanks for the feedback

Sorry I'm not good at ending stories, or writing them lol

5175802 Agreed with all points. Good story tough. Don't give up! Practice makes almost perfect! And I say "almost" because, since we are humans, and humans are imperfect, then we can't make perfect things. At least, I don't think so.

This is a cute little story I love it great job :heart::heart::heart::heart::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

5175856
Haha yea good points

I'll try harder for next time!! Thanks for the insight :twilightsheepish:

a small cute twiluna fic I can see it was a bit rushed thought maybe get a pre reader

5176035
haha yea probably should, but rushing the ending is something that i always do somehow lol

5175887 No problem, pal!:twilightsmile:

It's a cute story but like Jackue said, there are several issues that should be addressed.
So there seem to be some continuity issues that need to be fixed.

Why does Luna need to be back to raise the moon as the stars are already out and the beginning of the story mentions moonlight? Do you mean lower the moon in the morning?

You need to explain why Luna being in Ponyville would end badly and why she needs a disguise because, while yes, her first Nightmare Night started poorly we don't know when this story is taking place so as long as she's not making a scene like she did at Nightmare Night it will probably be fine.

Oh and just a side note, you don't need to have both "That could end badly and have mixed results" You could just say that it could end badly or that this may have mixed results but there isn't a reason to use both in the same sentence.


Keep on writing, it's not a bad start and I'm sure you will get better at pacing, it takes time.

To add on to the other tips, be careful with capitilising words :twilightsheepish: only names and places need to be capitilised unless they're important. Also 'Ponyville' is spelled like I spelled it just then. It's a cute story though, I liked it :twilightsmile:

5179928
Yea thanks, Yea I know I've got some caps issues (habit from writing irl lol)
And I spelt Ponyville with a capital 'V' a couple times and saved it to the dictionary of the computer
So... I was a bit lazy to fix it up, but I will... probably :P

In the beginning, it kept saying that Luna had to return in time to raise the moon, but its already night, so the moon should already be raised. It shoud say that Luna has to be back in time to lower the moon.
Good story, it was just that one detail that kept throwing me off on the dialogue between Tia and Luna.

This needs a sequel. It seems like you just cut the story short in the middle of what could turn out to be a very interesting night. Good story though.

Author's been MIA for seven years now, so no reason to write an essay now, I guess; but there's one thing that killed the story for me almost immediately :
Why the hay is Luna begging Tia to let her go to Ponyville? She's a Diarch of Equestria and the night is her domain. She can go stargazing whenever and wherever she pleases. She'd probably inform her personal guard, then just leave.
Also, thanks to Twilight the bearded, Ponyvillians actually like her.
Canon Luna started out with somewhat low self esteem but post Tantabus there was no trace of that left.
This Luna acts like a twelve year old with a secret crush on her cousin.

11327071
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the same.

Login or register to comment