• Published 22nd Oct 2014
  • 2,401 Views, 30 Comments

Grading is degrading - BewhoUr



Cheerilee loves her job. Never the less, grading day can be a bit... well, degrading.

  • ...
10
 30
 2,401

What the heck is this?

The dim light was generously radiated by a single flickering candle, which found its home squarely in the middle of the oaken table. The legs on the table creaked, old antique furniture as plain as the eye could see. In front of this table on which the candle flickered sat a slightly less old appearing rocking chair, made out of sweet smelling spruce. These objects were illuminated by that red candle, which itself gave off the smell of fresh cinnamon in addition to its unearthly glow. In the flickering shadow light, a figure could be seen approaching the almost picture-like setting. Her hooves made small clinks on the floor, her cotton candy mane bouncing to her hoof beats. As she approached the light, her face became visible, soon the entire pony was taken into the scene. Her fur was a dark razberry violet, her eyes a fun shade of pink. She smiled softly as she lowered herself into the chair, a small sigh escaping her lips as she raised the first paper to her eye level and began to read-

My pet Winona

By Applebloom

My pet iz is a collie dog named Winona. I like hanging out with her when I do the chores because its really fun. Its not as fun as playing with Scootaloo and Sweetie belle, but its still fun. And when the timberwolves tried to atak attack our farm, Winona didn't let them hurt me! I wish she was there that time when we fell over a waterfall, or when AJ left me alone and I broke a bunch of stuff. Or when Scoots and Sweetie and I went zip-lining and almost broke our necks. But she has been there for me alot, and that's why I love her! And sometimes I sneak her food under the table, but don't tell AJ or she'd get mad at me!

Cheerilee drew her head back slowly and glared at the paper like it was her worst enemy. Zip-lining? Timberwolves? Home alone? Over a WATERFALL!? Where had the Apple family's overall smarts gone? Applebloom could be in serious danger! Cheerilee snorted. She decided she would brush it off as long as she hurt no further reports of these sort of incidents. She put the paper down, lifting a small stamp off her desk with her teeth and delicately placing a B- on the page. She moved to the next one with a sigh, hoping it wouldn't be as depressing.

My pet Opal

By Sweetie Belle

I sure do love my cat Opal! She has such fluffy white fur, and the bow in her hair is soooo cute! I just want to cuddle her so much! But she dosnt' doesn't let me cuddle her. Once when I tried to do that, she ripped a chunk of my mane out, and another time she cut my leg really bad and Rarity had to take me to the hospital to get stitches. But I forgive her, cause shes so cute! And Rarity warns me not to play with her, but I do it anyway, because shes my cat. I don't care if she makes my muzzle bleed! I still love her! She only seems to like my singing. But I can MAKE her love me, Rarity will see!

Cheerilees muzzle gripped into a tightly pinched grimace, and her eyes widened at the last sentence. Plus, stitches? This was one abusive cat! She sighed and marked it with the same grade as her peer, sticking out her tongue slightly at the taste of scattered ink on the brass handle and deciding not to question this questionable paper any longer. She traded the white filly unicorns paper for the paper of the orange pegasi who also resided in her class, and began to read, biting her tongue in hopes that there was one sane filly in her classroom.

My pet Wings

By Scootaloo

Wings is one of my best friends in the world besides Applebloom and Sweetie belle. I love her so much, and maybe its because we were both sad and alone when I found her. Acctually, she found me! I was in my box where I live, trying to beat a storm when she ran by. A chicken with a broken wing. So I helped her get heled healed and she decided she would stay with me so we live in my box together now! And sometimes she even finds me food and we share it! I love Wings and I hope she never leaves me. I don't like gushy stuff, but wings hes helped me through so much! When I was really cold and it was raining and my box was like soaked through, she found us a place out of the rain! But I totally could have found it on my own.

"No. Just... no!" Cheerilee snorted as she stood up from the slowly rocking chair and felt her hooves touch the ground as she left her degrading job. She could finish in the morning, when she wasn't so depressed. She inhaled, breathing out and extinguishing the candle, therefore extinguishing the warm, friendly glow of the room and replacing it with pitch black darkness. Her eyes glowed in the shadows midst, and she breathed another sigh. Was there any hope for Equestria? She trotted up the stairs, eager to greet her warm bed, and as she neared the top, looked out the small window that cast a beam of moonlight onto the second floor. She saw, even though she couldn't believe it at first, the three fillies whom she had just read the works of trotting down the street in formation, a wheelbarrow full of what appeared to be TNT being dragged behind them. Cheerilee's eyes widened in shock, and for a moment she was gripped by the desire to yell out to them, telling them to stop whatever crazy scheme they were surely brewing. But she only blinked tiredly and continued her route to slumber.

Why am I even surprised anymore...

Author's Note:

Just an idea I got. Please do leave your opinions!
(A little dark humor never hurt anypony >:D)

Comments ( 30 )

Rarity had to take me to the hospital to get stitches.

I am a terrible person because I laughed. :rainbowlaugh: It's just the tone she says/writes it in makes it funnier!

The thing about a "badly-written story within a story," is that it doesn't work unless your own spelling and grammar are pristine. Much like Ms Cherilee, I should be in bed right now so I can't write out specifics, but give it another sweep - I promise you'll find something.

You should put the essays in italics - I didn't realize immediately that AB's had ended when it did. Scoot's essay was actually heartwarming and I don't get why it made Cherilee so upset.

5171353
We're both very bad people... :3 Thanks for reading!

5171405
Thanks for the advice! I will put things like that in italics from now on :)
Cheerilee was upset to find out that Scoots was living... in a box XD
Live Cheerilee, I think we all need more sleep e.e

Woah you're so lucky you didn't get thumbs down!
Usually users put some for no reason.
You've been spared! It was a good fanfiction.

I actually would have loved to hear what the other classmates wrote about!

The laughs have been doubled.

She traded the white filly unicorns paper for the paper of the orange pegasi who also resided in her class

Pegasus, not pegasi. She's only one pony.
Love the concept, though.

Applebloom could be in serious danger! Cheerilee snorted. She decided she would brush it off as long as she hurt no further reports of these sort of incidents.
Shouldn't it be heard?
And other than some odd paragraph spacing, the story wasn't too bad. You get a cookie.

I'll make her love me gosh sweetiebelle!:flutterrage:

5172336

No, no. You see, whenever Cheerilee gets reports of her students doing something stupid, she's always sure to clock the messenger upon the head.

I loved this, few errors but nothing major.

This fic was well written and just plain funny, I laughed every step of the way.

Great work as always and now added this to my fav list.:scootangel:

5174438
Aww, thanks so much! :yay:
I aim to make Cheerilee a huge troll :trollestia:
But really, thanks. :moustache:

More? I'd like to see her reaction to Diamond Tiara's mess of a paper.

5175145
Might write a sequel called "I'd like to quit but I can't pay the rent." :3
Thanks for the suggestion! Diamond tiara's would be... interesting, to say the least. :derpytongue2:

Dat MLA formatting though...

I'm sorry, I had to stop at the first "sentence," because that ISN'T a sentence. I can forgive a few mistakes, but the first paragraph needs to be near perfect or I just don't feel like reading further.

5175776 Sorry to say this, but the first paragraph was perfect, and the first sentence actually was a sentence, if you read it again :applejackunsure:

Wings sound like a surprising pet.

5175776
Sorry! Edited it.

5176032
My first shot at a full blown comedy, I needed Scoots to have a chicken. A caring and heartwarming one, but still a chicken.
Thanks for reading!
5175882
I did make a mistake there, but its edited. Thanks though! :twistnerd:

I think you'll like a similar story I wrote.

5177919
OMG
I love it XD
considering Twist is my 3rd favorite pony, and this is plain brilliance.
A+
really though, liked faved and followed.:trollestia:

I awed when it was over. I loved it! now, onwards to the sequel!

5179250
Aww, thanks! :yay:

Cheerilee really needs a vacation.

:facehoof: No reaction to I live in a box, Cheerilee? Wow you are jaded...

There are a few issues here. First of all, while you remembered to use apostrophes for most contractions, you don't use them anywhere else. Learn to use them. Secondly, the official canon spelling is "Apple Bloom", not "Applebloom". Third, I have to call you out on using the homeless/orphan Scootaloo cliché. I'm not taking that last one too seriously, since this isn't a serious story; in fact, I'm half-joking about it. I still want to note it, though.

Raspberry.
"hurt any more reports" heard.
unicorn's
Pegasus'

Her fur was a dark razberry violet, her eyes a fun shade of pink. She smiled softly as she lowered herself into the chair, a small sigh escaping her lips as she raised the first paper to her eye level and began to read-

Raspberry?

Her eyes look green to me (unless she's grading to many papers).

Its not as fun as playing with Scootaloo and Sweetie belle, but its still fun.

Deduct Apple Bloom 2 points for lack of capitalisation.

a wheelbarrow full of what appeared to be TNT being dragged behind them

Who drags a wheelbarrow, either they pushed it or it's a wagon.

Nice little cheerful one shot, needed that.:pinkiehappy: Good thing two older sisters don't know their pets have been hijacked.:rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment