• Published 22nd Oct 2014
  • 417 Views, 8 Comments

Tales of Equestria - Lunerpet



Twilight and the girls run into a strange race of monsters and with the help of some new friends they have to save Equestria before it falls.

  • ...
4
 8
 417

Chapter 3

Melody yawned as she slowly sat up, her body felt numb like little needles in her body, she looked around and saw a mirror with her reflection in it, she noticed that she was different, her body was that of a young adult instead of a teenager, her mane was longer then she remembered and it was unkempt and messy, her tail was the same. “What?”

Melody didn't understand what was going on, she remembered Celestia and then...cold. She could barely make out some talking next door as she looked herself over in the mirror. “My body...I thought I was killed..”

The door suddenly opened making Melody quickly turn and jump, Celestia then walked in and smiled at her. “Hello there, it's been awhile Melody”

Melody looked at her and cocked her head. “Who are you?”

Celestia knew that Melody wouldn't recognize her, she was different then when they first met after all. “I am princess Celestia, you must have many questions, and I am here to answer them”

For some reason or another it didn't click that Celestia was the same Celestia that froze her, she knew Celestia as a young pony but this Celestia was different, older and a princess. “Celestia? I know somepony with that same name, but she wasn't a princess, Celestia must be a common name”

Celestia looked at her and laughed a little nervously. “You've been frozen longer then I thought, why don't we have some tea and talk?”

“Uh, sure” Melody didn't understand what she was laughing about but whatever. She had to admit though she felt nothing in her stomach and she was starving. “I could use something to eat..”

Celestia nodded and soon some maids brought in some tea and food for them and set it all down on the table. Melody sat down on the bed and looked it over, the food looked amazing and the tea smelled great. “Wow, you really are a princess, maids that cook for you? Discord has maids, but their so bad at cooking”

“Melody...it's been over thousands of years.” Celestia explained as she sat down across from her. “Discord no longer rules this land, me and my sister do, we live in a time of peace and not chaos”

Melody found that hard to swallow, Discord. Thousands of years. What happened while she was gone? “So...what's been going on then?”

“Allow me to explain” Celestia said before she began to tell her about the new world.

Meanwhile somewhere in the forest, Applejack and Fluttershy were tired and didn't really know where they were. “Well this is fine mess we're in, and no sign of Rarity nether”

“Maybe she isn't in the forest?” Fluttershy pointed out. “We haven't seen her since Ponyville collapsed”

“Where in the hay did that mare go?!” Applejack threw her hat down in frustration. “We've been looking for almost a month now!”

“I'm sure we'll find her soon, Rarity is probably on her way to Canterlot by now” Fluttershy said staying positive.

“Wishful thinking...” Applejack said unconvinced. “I don't know if she's even...alive anymore”

“Now stop that!” Fluttershy suddenly shouted, although it was really quiet still. “We can't think like that, we can't give up on Rarity, she's our friend!”

“Ah know Fluttershy, but it's been weeks and we're no closer to finding her as when we started” Applejack pointed out.

“Then we have to check somewhere else” Fluttershy said embarrassed about her outburst. “I know we can find her..”

“Alright, let's get back to looking” Applejack said and they walked into the forest once again.

Fluttershy was deep in thought as they walked, she wondered about looking in the Princess's former castle, that was one of the only places they didn't check. “How about the castle?”

“You mean the princess's former castle? Well okay then” Applejack nodded and they walked to the castle.

Back at the castle Twilight was feeling better now and was able to stand, she was glad to be on her hooves. “Ugh, I'm glad to be back on my hooves, but I wish Ponyville was still above ground”

“Well at least Canterlot is still around right?” Rainbow Dash tried to lighten the mood as best she could.

“Yeah, that's true” Twilight said. “What do we do now though? Our homes are gone and there isn't enough room to house everypony from Ponyville here”

“Well we can rebuild Ponyville somewhere else right?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Maybe, but Ponyville wasn't built in a day it'll take time a long time” Twilight pointed out. “First things first though, we need to regroup with the others”

“I agree with you there” Rainbow Dash said.

“Do not worry about the pony's from Ponyville Twilight Sparkle, we will do all we can to find them all a new home” Luna spoke up.

“Thank you Princess Luna, that means a lot” Twilight turned to her and smiled before turning back to Rainbow Dash. “I want to go meet Melody Bloom, could you get the others and bring them back here?”

“Sure I can do that no problem” Rainbow Dash nodded and left the room before flying off.

Twilight walked out of the room and went over to Melody's room and over heard two voices coming from the room.

“So..things really have changed while I was away..” Melody sighed. “So I'm really in the future, it's nothing like I thought it would be, but it sounds nice”

“Our world has changed, I believe for the better myself” Celestia said.

Twilight smiled at this, she was glad to hear Celestia and Melody getting along so she opened the door and walked in. “Hello there”

“Huh?” Melody and Celestia looked over at Twilight. “Who is that?”

“Oh this is Twilight Sparkle, my former student and another princess” Celestia said and motioned Twilight to come closer. “Twilight, this is Melody Bloom”

“Hello Twilight” Melody smiled at her. Twilight recognized her from her dream, but she looked older.

“Hello there, I have to say, you look amazing for being frozen for so long” Twilight pointed out making Melody blush.

“Thank you, but it honestly feels like a new body” Melody said stroking her hair in a swooning fashion, she never got a complement like that from a mare before, if only she wasn't dating a certain monster.

“So Melody, would you like to to stretch your legs? The castle is quite large if you wish to have a look” Celestia spoke up.

“Oh that would be lovely” Melody said as she stood up. “I would love to see this Canterlot for myself as well”

“I wish I could show you around myself, but I must get back to my duties” Celestia said as she headed to the door. “Twilight? Will you watch over her for me?”

“Of course princess” Twilight nodded as Celestia left.

“She seems nice for a princess” Melody said as she walked over to Twilight. “Princess's are normally a bore or so selfish they only think about themselves”

“The princess's of nowadays are different from your time” Twilight said as they left the room and walked. “So you and Celestia get along now huh?”

“Now?” Melody looked at her confused. “What ever do you mean?”

“Celestia, the one that froze you in ice” Twilight said but was cut off.

“That Celestia wasn't anything like Princess Celestia, I hate her with every part of my being and if she was still alive...I...well I don't know what I'd do” Melody said before her tone went dark. “Other then gut her”

Twilight looked at her confused and shocked, her eyes had something different in them from a few seconds ago. “What?”

“Huh? What?” Melody's tone was back to normal and she looked at her.

“Uh...nothing?” Twilight looked away trying to understand what just happened, and she figured she would change the subject. “So, I heard you and Discord were a thing, why would you be with that thing?”

“Discord? Well it was complicated, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't fun” Melody said remembering what it was like. “I don't remember it all, me and him had something back then, that's all I can really say”

“That's just weird, Discord has always caused trouble for me and my friends, nothing fun about him if you ask me” Twilight said, she really didn't like him at all, she would be happy with sealing him back in stone if she could.

“Well he was more fun then the Pit I can tell you that” Melody said acting as if it was normal.

“Pit?” Twilight caught what she said and got curious. “What's the Pit?”

“It was where little mares and colts got stolen from their parents and forced into a ring to fight for the death for food or water, sometimes even hay to sleep on...” Melody Bloom sighed and kicked a small rock under her hoof. “My past isn't something I like to talk about Twilight, let's just say, it wasn't rainbows and magic like the fairy tales suggest”

“Oh my...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories” Twilight felt bad for bringing up something like that, Melody didn't look it but she must be tough.

“Don't worry, you didn't know, and there is no harm in asking questions” Melody said.

Twilight was glad Melody was so understanding, she felt like she could really connect with her. “Come on, I'll show you the city” Melody nodded and they walked off.

Meanwhile, Rarity awoke covered in dirt, she barely managed to open her eyes without being in pain. “Where....where am I?”

Rarity sat up and looked around, she could tell she was in some sort of cave, but that was all it was too dark to see anything in detail. “Let's see...”

Rarity focused and her horn glowed bright revealing that she was in a cell of some sort and she wasn't alone, she could see other cells with more pony's, there was a dark blue earth mare sitting across from her cell, her eyes were purple and her mane and tail were colored with a mix of blue and black, on her rump was half a glass heart and the other half looked like broken glass, she had a very Gothic style to her.

“Excuse me?” Rarity called out to her. The mare looked at her and stared blackly at her. “Do you know where we are?”

“We're in a prison” The goth looking pony said rather calm. “If you wanted to know where we are specificity, we're under Ponyville in bug made caves, and they apparently smart enough to make a dungeon”

“What!!!? but it's so....” Rarity looked around the dirt cell. “So dirty....ew”

“Well strangely enough they seem to like mares” The mare said still calm.

“How can you be so calm!? We're prisoners and have no idea what they'll do to us!” Rarity said in a panic.

“I'm used to controlling my emotions, it's better then freaking out and wasting energy like that” She pointed out.

Rarity stopped and thought about it, she had a point, these things weren't diamond dogs so she didn't know if she could trick them or not.. “How long have we been here?”

“Awhile, I can't tell being trapped in darkness all this time” The mare said looking down.

“I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name, I'm Rarity by the way” Rarity finally got back to her senses and calmed down.

“My name is Nightwish, I only recently came to Ponyville and then it sunk, I don't know how I got here, but I've been hearing voices other then the other girls trapped in here” Nightwish said and pointed out to the other cells with a bunch of other mares in each cell.

“Voices? Only taking mares?” Rarity pondered about it just getting more confused. “What does it all mean?”

“Well I have a few theory's” Nightwish said. “Ether their intellect or they have a leader that is, and as for the mares thing, they could be looking for certain mares or...we better get used to the idea of having insects for husbands”

“Insect husbands!!?” Rarity stopped frozen in horror of the idea, her mind going crazy with images of her in a wedding dress next to one of those bug things, and in the future little insect ponies running about and then growing old with her bug husband. “EWWWWWWW!!!!!!! NO!! NO!!! NO!!! I'LL NEVER MARRY ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!!”

Nightwish backed up a little from the sudden shout. “Uh....”

“I can't get married to one of those!!! I wanted to be married to a prince! I can't be with those things, so gross!” Rarity cried out in large tears. “Why me!?”

“Um, it was more like a joke Rarity, don't freak out please?” Nightwish tried to calm her down hoping words would be enough because that's all she could do.

“That's not a joke, it's a nightmare!” Rarity said still freaking out.

“Oh boy...” Nightwish let out a sigh.

Then a terrasect walked up to the cage and looked at Rarity's cell, Rarity looked at it and stopped crying, the bug watched her lit horn almost drawn to it.

“Oh no, Rarity, your magic glow, turn it off, their drawn to light!” Nightwish quickly said.

“My magic!? Oh my goodness!” Rarity then turned off her magical light and the terrasect looked away and left. “Oh thank goodness, but now I can't see very well”

“It's not like there is a bunch of things to look at though” Nightwish said.

They then heard a loud voice as if it was inside their heads it was so close. “Bring me the whinny one”

Rarity could barely make out some figures opening her cell and walking in, she backed up hoping she was just seeing things. “Wha....what's going on?”

“What do you want with her!?” Nightwish asked annoyed.

The terrasects ignored her and grabbed Rarity, picking her up and leaving. “Unhoof me you brutes!”

Rarity couldn't do anything as they carried her along, she could see that the cells all had mares from different city's, each one looking miserable, she was glad her eyes adjusted to the dark. “Where are you taking me?!”

They ignored her completely as she struggled, the ant like creatures turned the corner and held her tight, after a bit of walking through the tunnels they entered a large room, Rarity was fearing it was some sort of breeding chamber or something equally wrong.

“What is this place!?” Rarity asked almost hoping they wouldn't answer.

Just then the wall pulsed with a purple color, Rarity watched as the glowing pulse glowed brighter each pulse, she could see veins in the walls and heard the sounds of something...breathing.

“What...in Equestria is that?” Rarity asked herself as she looked up, the glowing pulse revealed that the wall was actually a large brain of some sort.

“Greetings equine creature” A raspy yet hollow voice spoke into her mind. “You are...carrying the element of which I seek, are you not?”

Rarity was actually relieved to see the giant brain, she was glad to know this wasn't some sick breeding thing, but then it hit her. “Wait a minute...my element?”

“You have one, I can feel it inside you” The voice said and the terrasects dropped Rarity in front of it.

“I don't understand...what are you? Why did you take all those mares!? You better have a good reason, you bugs destroyed my home!”

“We....are the forgotten ones, we took females not knowing which one of you had the elements we seek, to be complete we must have them” The voice explained.

“Complete? What do you mean? I don't even have the element on me” Rarity said.

“We have longed for what we lack, the dark is our home, yet we can not survive as we used to, we are making our new home above ground and we need what we lack to survive” The voice pulsed in her head.

“So...your a people that can't survive in your home any longer..” Rarity honestly felt bad, but there was nothing she could do, and what they did was unforgivable taking her and her friends homes like they did. “But that doesn't give you the right to destroy others homes! You should be ashamed of yourselves, and I'm sorry but I don't have the element with me so I'd like to go home now if you please!”

“Silence!” The voice bellowed in her mind. “You lie! we feel the element we seek inside you!”

“What are you talking about?!” Rarity glared at the large brain annoyed.

Then a tentacle from the brain like monster grabbed Rarity and lifted her up. “Ew! Get your tentacles off me!!”

The tentacle then stabbed itself into the back of her neck. “AHHHH!!!!”

The tentacle started to pump a magical glow out of her body, Rarity felt weaker and weaker as it did this the pain made her almost pass out as she tried to struggle, she could feel the power of the element of generosity being sucked out of her.

“Yes....yes, we feel it, the element we seek is flowing into us!” The voice laughed as took Rarity's powers, the magical energy flowed into the brain, Rarity went limp as it finished and tossed her to the side. “Throw it back in the cages, our brothers will be pleased now that we have an element”

The bugs then grabbed Rarity and walked out of the room, The magical energy inside the brain was forming into some sort of shape like a unicorn as they left.