• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 975 Views, 12 Comments

Dresses and Love - EllyCoo



Rarity is a famous designer. And she knows she's talented. But her skills aren't infinite, and she needs someone to reassure her.

  • ...
11
 12
 975

Let's get to work...

Rarity was working for a few hours now, and she still didn't finish Princess Celestia's dress. On the doodle, her dress was really... impressive. There were several layers of fabric and complex patterns. But it had to look perfect. This dress wasn't for anypony.

"Spike, dear, could you go get me a piece of red fabric? Mmm, about 36x50."

"... About what now?", he asked, confused.

"Nevermind, just take the largest piece you find."

She stroked her mane with her hoof, nervous. Spike went to the fabric closet and climbed on the table to reach the roll of red fabric. He was almost there, but tripped and all the fabric fell with him. Rarity giggled and walked to him, lifting up some fabric. Under, Spike was almost knocked out. But he was okay. He shook his head and stood right back up, showing her a roll of red fabric:

"There you go, Rarity!", he smiled.

"Thank you~", she levitated the roll to her table. "Mmm, could you clean this mess up, please?"

"Sure will!", and he executed right away.

She went back to work, when a cyan blue face appeared at her window, startling her. Her friend Rainbow Dash opened the window, almost hitting her friend's face.

"Heyo, Rarity.", she said, hovering over the table.

"Nhhhhey, Rainbow.", she replied. "I'm sort of busy right now."

"But you need to reeelaaaaxxxxx, Rarity. You're too stressed, there let me massage you."

"That won't be neces- OooooOOOH~ Mmmmm... I didn't know you were such a good massager, Rainbow Dash."

"Actually, Spike is massaging you. I was too lazy to do it.", the pegasus chuckled.

Rarity blushed as the pegasus laughed her lungs out. Spike stopped and scratched his neck, thinking she didn't want him to massage her. The rainbow-maned Pegasus went out the window.

"At least I gave Spike an opportunity to give you some pleasure!", and she sticks her tongue out.

"Yeah, yeah right. Get out!", Rarity yelled and closed the window. "This pegasus is really getting on my nerves."

"Calm down, Rarity... If you want, I can massage you some more...", he proposed, his eyes shimmering with hope.

"Fine. I must admit it was quite pleasant...", she giggled, letting the dragon massage her shoulders. "Mmmm~ Oh! Yes... A bit more t-... This is wonderful!"

In the room next to it, Sweetie Belle was doubting on what was happening in that room. She covered her ears with a pillow, sweat dripping down her face. Finally, it stopped.

"Thank you for the massage, Spike", the fashionista sighed.

'Phew', Sweetie Belle thought and went back doing her homework. Rarity got back to work. Finally, she added the last touch, stitching the fabric to make a wonderful sun on the pattern. It looked marvellous! But not perfect enough. Rarity knew it; she wouldn't make something good enough. She took a pencil and paper to doodle another design.

"What are you doing? Luna's dress? ... With a sun?"

"Nope, another dress for Celestia. This one wasn't good enough.", she muttered. "Must be more extravagant. More amazing patterns and more colors... More fantasy..."

When she was done, she showed the paper to Spike. The first one was already very complex, this one seemed impossible. But it was amazing. It was even more perfect than the first! He really wondered how she'll be able to sew it.

"It's great, Rarity! Even better than the old one!"

"I knew it!", she exclaimed. "Well, I have more work now."

And there she was again, stitching, sawing, cutting, assembling... Rarity never worked so much in one day. She used Spike as a pincushion again, wondering if it hurt... 'Probably not... If it hurt, he would at least say Ouch. And he would tell me... I would feel terrible if it hurt him.' She smiled and worked on.


Hours later, she finally finished off the neck, with a giant golden symbol. Spike looked amazed. It was just fabric, but it shone like a real sun! It kind of hurt his eyes, though... He rubbed his eyelids and Rarity trotted around. It was so shiny it made her happy. Spike liked seeing her happy that way. Even if the sun on the chest was... TOO shiny. All the dress was shiny, but mostly the chest. He forced himself to look and smile.

"Woo! I didn't even realize how late it was. How about we eat dinner at some restaurant together, Spikey wikey? We did some lovely work today."

"Sure!", Spike answered, his cheeks flushing with red.

'A DATE WITH RARITY? No... It isn't a date, silly me. We're just going out as friends! But we would look like a couple. Oh, a dragon can dream, can't he?' And he dreamt on about what he'd look like if he grew up a bit more: huge, with big muscles, and Rarity would admire him. She would be the new Princess Platinum, and he'd be her loyal knight. She would be married with that big a-hole Thunderlane who forced her to date him, but truth is, she only loved Spike. And they'd go everyday on dates, and Thunderlane would be jealous. And he would try to kill Spike, but Spike would take out his knife of love and set up a date between Blossomforth and him.

No, he wouldn't kill him: because Spike the warrior would be the kindest, the most generous, loyal, honest, and clement dragon of all Equestria. And he would rather give his enemy a chance rather than kill him so he will never find true love. And Rarity and him would reign and live forever happy with a couple of kids.

"Spike? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, hey, Sweetie Belle. Where did Rarity go?"

"She just told you she was going to prepare herself... Were you even listening?!"

"Apparently not", he chuckled.

"Hey, me and the CMC are going to have a picnic tomorrow, care coming with us?"

"Eh, sorry, Rarity and I have some work...", he shrugged.

"Aw come on! You work too much, I'm sure she'd give you a day-off!"

"Fine, then.", he smiled. "I'll be there."

Sweetie Belle squeed and waved, trotting to the door and joining her club of friends. Spike noticed Sweetie was also pretty. Not as much as Rarity, but she was cute. His thoughts about Sweetie cut straight when he saw Rarity coming in with a very fancy black dress. She smiled at the dragon and lifted him up, kissing his cheek.

"To the wonderful dress I finally finished for Celestia!"