• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 309 Views, 1 Comments

Travel for the North Jewel - Barrfind



The adventures of ponies who look for a legendary gem.

  • ...
 1
 309

Rozdział 4 „Beginning of the end.”

Rozdział 4 „Beginning of the end.”
„Ubi ornamentum, id problema.”
„Where gems, there trouble.”

The cave, in which there were two ponies was enormous, and in the middle of the ceiling was a big hole, from which the light came straight on at the bottom of the pedestal. At the same lay blue gem, which reflected the light illuminating the entire caves. Attracted by the beauty of the ponies climbed slowly to the pedestal. Barrfind simultaneously before removed his battered helmet and put it into her bag. Tore his eyes from the gem and looked at each other with smiles.
“Well, you have your gem Rarity. I knew we'd make it.“
She nodded her head sadly on the face and stared at the ground.
“I did not have such an optimistic view“ she raised her head, smiling at him.
“But luckily you found me and helped me achieve the goal. What would I do without you?“
He smiled brightly and passed it to approach the pedestal. He pulled a gem by his magic. When he did, he turned around and returned to Rarity giving it to her. She took it from him and looked at the beauty of this jewel that sparkled throughout the inner light. After a moment, she threw it in his bag and leaned to kiss him Barrfind passionately. The kiss lasted a minute. When the moment of elation ended and broke apart. Stallion pleased as few people began to look around the cave.
“Looking for something dear?“ She asked looking at him.
“Yes, the exit.“
She nodded and they both began to walk through the cave, and look at the walls for a way out , visible or invisible. After five minutes of this look back at the center of the room and looked at each other.
“Did you find anything?“
“No, but there must be a way right?“
-“It is rather obvious, but it is hidden as it usually is“ he replied with a smile.
“Do not worry, we'll find them and you know what? Top's rest now. There is a rather safe“ pulled out of saddlebags blanket to stretch it on the floor. They sat side by side. He took the saddlebags on the apple and a bottle of water. When they finished eating, they both fell asleep leaning on each other.


Canterlot palace, throne room.
Two alicorny sat on thrones. One white with rainbow mane constantly moving and stamped on the side showing the sun. The second blue mane, which also continues to move, but it was the color of the sky at night with sparkling stars and badge on the side represented half moon. Both were reading some official letters, which piled up between them. After a moment he sighed blue alicorn.
“Yeah, reading reports of such cities is tiring and boring“ white alicorn, the requested is none other than Princess Celestia, who, after hearing what he said navy alicorn, or Princess Luna turned back toward her head and smiled.
“I know Luna, but remember that it is our duty. We have to take care of our subjects is not it?“
“Yes sister, I know. I have to get used of it again. Say, did you hear something interesting from these reports?“
Celestia nodded and looked at one of the reports
“This is the town called Galloping Gorge. They wrote that the noted gang of bandits in the area. Make reportedly in the woods and attacked travelers.“
“And what do we do? We send the guards?“
“Yes, could do to increase the protection of the town. Let patrol the town and the area around.“
Luna looked at the window.
“Yeah, probably time to hide the sun and moon rise, Does it ?“
Celestia also looked up and nodded . Flashed his horn and after a while the sun went down , at the same time Luna moon rose .
“The night is still very beautiful“ She said to her sister.
“Yes, In deed“ replied Luna and Celestia hoof yawned, covering his mouth.
“Are you tired Tia“ said with a smile.
“Go get some rest, and I 'll finish reading here and clean up the reports I'm done.“
Celestia smiled at her sister and stood up from his throne. Walking towards the large door at the end of the hall said.
“Good night Luna.“
“Good night, Tia“ like a sister left the room Luna settled down comfortably and continued reading.


About two hours later in Ponyville immersed in a dream, but not quite, because the light in the library still burning, because one filly was still awake. She sat in front of the desktop on which lay an open book you just read, but stopped just to go down and make yourself tea. She went downstairs and into the kitchen. Put the kettle on the fire and prepared a cup of tea leaves. She sat waiting for the water to be warm and began to meditate.
"I wonder what's going on with Rarity and Barrfind. I hope they're okay. Tomorrow will be the fourth day as they do not exist. Sweetie Bell was asking me today what with her sister. I had to tell her that she left, and he did not have to worry because Barrfind is with her. Immediately afterwards fell Applejack ask if I had any news from them, but unfortunately I did not have any. They both worry about them and if you do not return the next day, I will send a letter to Princess Celestia. Maybe She'll know what to do."
When the kettle began to whistle Twilight awakened from his thoughts and pulled him out of the fire. Flooded and took a cup of tea with him on top. She put it on the desktop , and as soon as she sat down, she continued reading his book.


A few hours later, refreshing sleep. Barrfind first woke up. He opened his eyes and looked around. He glanced sideways at the mare sleeping next to him with a smile on the face. He leaned down and kissed her forehead on what she awakens. She opened her eyes, which are directed at him. She smiled and kissed his nose.
“Good morning, darling“ she said.
“Maybe the morning. How did you sleep my diamond?“ He asked, getting up.
Rarity also stretched and stood up.
“You, to say that very well, because I knew that you are beside me“ responded with love.
“Maybe look for breakfast before starting again?“ She asked.
“Yes, it's a great idea“ he replied, nodding his head.
Ten minutes later when the meal was eaten, Rarity rolled up blanket and put the saddlebags while Barrfind looked .
“There must be some characters such as runes, or some hidden button or something.
Rarity looked at him in surprise.
“Runes?“
“Yes. Any words or cracks in the wall.“
“I saw some inscriptions. But I thought it was something important. So strange look.“
“Weird? Well, at least show them to me.“
“Are there“ the last of pointed and headed in that direction.
He followed her, and after a while come to the wall, which is rather like not to stand out, at least at first glance. When they reached her Rarity stood a piece of her. Barrfind missed her and went to the wall to look at her closely. After a moment, nodded and turned away with a smile on the face towards Rarity.
“Well, we have a way out“ he explain.
“Where? I do not see anything“ she said, looking over the wall .
“These features are just the runes“ pointed hoof on them.
“This letter a thousand years. Long time no longer used, but fortunately in my family survived several books of those years, and some of the instructions on how to translate them for today's language.
“Really? And what's you read?“
“Give me a minute.“
Rarity nodded, and he turned back toward the wall. He thought for a moment, then opened his mouth and said some unknown Rarity language.
“Apertura ianuae.“
After a few seconds of waiting Rarity had already asking why nothing is happening. But she could not, because after a while began to creak something in the wall and the rock came into it, and then to the side and revealed the output. Barrfind at the sight smiled and turned toward Rarity, whose jaw dropped.
“In those moments I'm glad that my father chased me to the books. So, you ready?“
She closed her mouth and nodded in agreement. She started as a stallion, which came first into the tunnel while lighting your corner. After a few minutes the strange spinning truly dark and very long tunnel came to its end.
Barrfind suddenly stopped.
“So it seems that we have come to an end.“
Rarity looked at the wall and said with surprise.
“But how do we get out?“
“The output is hidden. Take a look at this ceiling. It is only the color of the rocks“ saying it came and picked up the ceiling.
Through the resulting hole flown slightly blinding sunlight both ponies that came out of the tunnel after a slight incline. After a while, they could have a look around and see that they are in the woods right next to the mountain. And what zawadzało them the way it was...
“It's just a cleverly painted wood, so that it looked like a stone“ same kind of stone Barrfind put into place, then turned toward her.
“Well, what now? I guess time home, do we?“
She looked around the woods with a smile.
“Yes , the time back home, because we all have for us terribly missed.“
“A and yes, especially Pinkie waiting for us with the party, so let's go“ he said with satisfaction on the face.
He took the compass out of the bag and looked at where the southeast. He moved his way removing the helmet out of the bag and fitting it over his head, and Rarity walked behind him. Do not they both turned attention that someone is spying on them from the air since the obstruction of the tunnel by Barrfind. After a few minutes of walking through the forest suddenly stopped and started looking through the woods.
“Something happened honey?“ Asked, walking over to him.
“I'm not sure, but it feels watched.“
“And who would watch us in the middle of the woods?“
“Exactly whoever it is. It may not have good intentions.“
They continued their journey through the trees, until at some point. Larger trees just outside wheel, which passed Rarity pony jumped out gas from a dagger in its mouth, which put her up to the neck. Immediately afterwards joined him armed with daggers pegasus that landed near him with a smile.
“Ow may. Who do we have here.“
Barrfind turned toward them menacingly and took a step toward them. Earth pony harder pressed a knife to the neck Rarity. Pegasus waved her head, clucked and said.
“You better not move from the spot. Otherwise, your companion can get hurt.“
Barrfind looked anxiously at Rarity, and she fearfully at him. He nodded and stood looking from head to ponies .
“What do you want from us?“
“Oh, nothing more than this gem, which was in a cave, from which you came out.“
Barrfind raised his eyebrows in surprise.
“Gem?“
Pegasus turned his head toward the pony gas and nodded her. On what he was even more pressed a knife to her neck, from which flew a drop of blood, which moved up her snow-white fur coat to drip onto the grass. Barrfind growled at the sight and took another step in their direction, but it stopped pegasus raised hoof.
“Calm down and stop playing games with us, if you do not want to have blood on her hooves. We know about the legend and we know what you find in the middle of the cave. We ourselves so we came here, but we had a small loss and we could not get that precious loot. But you look at it, it worked, and now give me what he wants and will leave in your way. He promises that nothing will be, at least from my party“ he finished with a smile on the face.
They were alienated from each other only a few meters away, Barrfind thought hard on a solution to the problem, but could not come up with anything. I do not want to risk life Rarity. He looked at her. With her eyes dripping tears and looked at him with fear. At the same time he came up with the idea to mind.
He nodded and sighed.
“Okay, If you want it.“
Pegasus smiled.
“Fine, give it to me. But no tricks.“
Both bandits looked at him. He used it and focused on Rarity. As soon as he was ready, he teleported her some way from here, and when the bandits saw that disappeared, their eyes turned in arcipaladin direction. Earth pony immediately lunged at him with a dagger in his mouth, but did not go far. As soon as I took a few steps, got hit with materialized before the moment shield and fell. Pegasus as it flew up in squats and threw the dagger, but this has been reflected sword.
Pegasus laughed.
“Not bad, really not bad.“
“Instead of so fly like a coward, come here and fight“ said Barrfind watching Pegasus .
“Oh, yeah. I'm already coming. Catch me“ he said that sarcastically and threw another dagger, which this time was stopped with shield.
“A lot of you have these daggers?“ Asked of mockery in his voice.
“Enough to grab you in the end“ took off a piece from the opponent and landed at the tree and said, smirking.
“Or maybe I'll go look at your beautiful companion? She will surely be eager to persuade you that you gave me what he wants.“
Barrfind growled and took a step in his direction to which he retreated.
“No, no, you can’t run faster than Ifly, isn’t?“ pegasus have said quickly,
White unicorn stopped and looked toward the bandit wondering what now, and he stared at him quizzically. After a moment, suddenly there was a loud thump and a unicorn looked at the Pegasus, who suddenly fell, and from behind a tree, where he went...
“Pretty nice hit my love“ Asked incredulously, but with pride.
She walked over and nodded smiling.
“I took some thick branch, stealthily approached him and crashed into him. I did not mean to hurt you.“
He smiled proudly. She smiled and walked over to him, to kiss him.
“What do we do with them now?“ She asked.
He looked at them thoughtfully.
“Hmm... I have a rope, bind them and carry it. In the town we give them the authority and hooves behind. Well, first your wound.“
“It's just a flesh wound.“
“Maybe so, but show it to me.“
She pulled back a bit, and he looked at the wound and then pulled out of the bag mixture and liquefy the wound, which disappeared after a while. With a smile he put the bottle back in the bag.
“So much better“ he said with a smile, to which she nodded and also smiled.
“Thank you, and now let us go, because he wants to get back home.“
“Me too. Let's just take care of them first“ reached into the bag to pull the rope that bound the two unconscious ponies. Besieged them in their magic and picked up, but still looked at Rarity.
“You were very brave, well done with that pegasus.“
“Fear of you gave me the strength and courage“ winked at him, smiling brightly, and he of course returned the smile.
“Well, let's go home“ and then went ahead carrying two unconscious thugs, and Rarity walked behind him.