• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 309 Views, 1 Comments

Travel for the North Jewel - Barrfind



The adventures of ponies who look for a legendary gem.

  • ...
 1
 309

Rozdział 3 „Cave.”

Rozdział 3 „Cave.”
„Amor Omnia Vincit.”
„Love all win.”

The next morning Barrfind raised his head with a blanket and looked around a little sleepy eyes. Rarity lay next to him who was still staring into the woods.
“Rarity, you haven’t sleep all night? You could wake me up and I'd watch the rest of the night when you slept“ He said what turned her head towards him and smiled.
“I knew that the first thing you do when you wake up, then you ask why you did not woke up. Just before I rested enough, and you were on your feet all the time. In addition, several times had to fight with the wolves. As soon as the adrenaline is gone, you have been like a corpse and fell asleep. I did not have the heart to wake you.“
“I think that they should wake me up.“
“Does not matter. Wyspałeś up?“
“Yes. Thank you. Let's maybe breakfast?“
“Great idea. I'll prepare something.“
While Rarity looking for the saddlebag of different things and preparing breakfast, Barrfind drove to the right. He walked to a nearby pond to wash herself mouth and check the bandages. The wound is healed, so I took off. As he finished and returned it just breakfast was ready.
“Rarity 're wonderful, delicious sandwiches with daisies and chunks of apples.“
“Thank you and enjoy“ she said with a beaming smile.
“Enjoy, honey.“
When eaten a meal with smiles on faces, they up from the blanket. Rarity made ​​it carefully and put the saddlebags. When they were both ready to go, she looked at him and asked.
“Well, but what do we do now?“
“How are you? It's you're in charge, and I'm here one might say as a bodyguard ? I'll go where you go. The question is whether he still want to look for this gem?“
“Yes and not. I do not know. We run the risk, and I've risked my life on this trip. Thanks to you live and do not even want to think what would happen if you did not“ she began to speak with a slight nervousness.
- Rarity, calm down. Let's just go and look for it though. We are together and we'll do the trick. You'll see, we'll find the legendary jewel and it will be on your beautiful neck“ saying it smiled at her, and she to him.
Mare nodded.
“Well, let's go, so further along the mountain to the east. It should be here any cave somewhere.“
Thus, they moved together slowly to the east. Barrfind saddlebags he took out his helmet and put it.
“You look great in that armor, you're so handsome.“ Said proudly looking at him.
“Thank you, but the armor is not to look, but to be effective protection.“
“Yes, but in your case is the protection and appearance.“
“And well, is to fight and representative at the same time.“
“Only the scratch on the neck.“
“I forgot about her. But something I think that there is nothing to worry about now some small a scratch. How is it back and I will remove it.“
“You think you can find this gem? Even though what you said, I still have doubts about the validity of this expedition.“
“Remember that it was your idea, and besides, I think, we shall see. Now that we're here it would not hurt to try“ winked at her with a smile that she returned and I walked in silence next to each other on the east.


A few minutes walk along the mountains later. Barrfind suddenly stopped, and Rarity a few steps away and turned to face the questioning.
“What happened?“
“Yes, look there.“ He said and pointed hoof ahead. She turned around and saw what it was.
“Cave.“
“Exactly, maybe it is we're looking for? Let’s go look - He said and set off at a gallop, she was right behind him. Moments later they were already in place. They stood next to each other both before the yawning emptiness of the cave.
“Do you think it is?“ He asked, looking at Rarity.
“I'm not sure, I will cast a spell and see.“ Answered by focusing on her horn, who started brightly lit and pull it gently into the cave. After a while it stopped and turned toward the Barrfind. “It must be this one. Clearly feels like there leads me spell.“
“Long may not walked, but short halt unless good to us to do? I do not know what will meet us there, whether there will be a time and place for 'd cum.“ He said, but at the same time from the woods behind them came the howl. He looked back toward where they heard the howl, and soon after headed look at Rarity. “So much for rest. Rarity, the best we can do now, It’s go inside. Wolves wood there for us not go. Too much not like tight caves.“
“Consent.“
She went first, and he was right behind her If only previously looked up, would see that someone is watching them. As soon as they entered the tunnel mysterious flying individual flew into the forest. After the passage of several steps down the tunnel you could suddenly hear in the vicinity of delicate flick. They both stopped after hearing the sound, and Rarity looked anxiously at the stallion.
“Barrfind I pressed some hidden plate in the floor“ she said scared.
“Run!“ He scream, because at the same time all around them began to shake and began to fall on them stones.
The tunnel slowly began to caves. They ran ahead as fast as hooves. Barrfind drew attention to the fact that the tunnel has already ended, but he did not manage to. When he was completely collapse and crush, Rarity cried out in fear. At the same time Barrfind lunged at her and pushed her out of the tunnel, which soon collapsed with a loud thud. The mare rolled out of the dark cave and as soon as scotoma disappeared before her eyes, lit her horn to brighten the darkness. She looked around. The tunnel, which flew was collapsed, and the cave itself, in which it was looked at large. But He was nowhere near.
“Barrfind?“ She asked quietly, but did not hear any answer.
“Barrfind!?“ Exclaimed loudly, but its only echo answered. Suddenly she realized that what had become of him. She turned toward the collapsed tunnel. She ran to him with tears and began to strike hooves in rocks to move them, but there was no chance for it to move them though.
“No, this is impossible. Barrfind! Thats cannot be truth! “ Screamed with regret in his voice. After a while, got tired and sat down crying. Alone in a cave, not knowing what to do next .
"And what do I do now? And it's all my fault. He died for me, to save me and He is dead now. Same here unless I die of hunger or something else might meet me here" the head fell on her hooves and continue crying. After a few minutes, suddenly it seemed to her that she heard something. She put the ears in the direction from which the sound came. It came as if her moans. She got up and slowly walked toward which came the sound. Cave circling suddenly, and just around the corner she saw him.
“Barrfind!“ She cried happy and ran to lying slightly whining stallion.
“You live, I thought 'd lost you forever.“
He looked at her with a pained smile.
“Live, somehow. As we ran I saw that did not have time. So I threw myself forward and I pushed you out of the tunnel while teleporting. And as it happens, when you teleport in unfamiliar place, and it's still on top of a tight, I have crash against the wall. Fortunately, armor or less cushioned the fall.
“No bones broken?“ She asked worried.
“Fortunately not. And you all right?“ He asked, getting up slowly.
“You have cried. Here, take it“ - gave her outstretched with saddlebags hoofkerchief with the initials BV Rarity took her and wiped her tears.
“Thank you, rather it is nothing to me just a little battered.“
“I'm sorry for brutality, but there was no time for subtlety.“
“Yes , of course. It does not matter, because the most important thing that we are inches. Thanks“ wiping tears gave him a handkerchief, which He threw it back into the bag.
“Okay, we should look for a way out of here, because at that tunnel certainly have not come out.“
“This board it had to be a trap.“
“Because it was a trap, so he sees me that we got to a suitable cave. Only now we have to be more careful.“
Rarity looked sadly at the ground.
“I'm sorry.“
“And what kind?“ He asked surprised. “Rarity darling, what you like, but do not expect to trap in a cave, and yet it is such. As if you have not pressed the tiles on the ground , I could not do it by accident. The main thing that we're okay. At least, more or less“ saying last words slightly winced.
“Whatever. Let's look around, because there must be some way out.“
Both unicorns shining a magic began to move through the cave in search of a tunnel. Barrfind a slight limp, but he walked confidently. After a moment, he found what he sought.
“I found it. There is a tunnel through which we can get out of here.“
She walked over to him and looked at the tunnel in front of them, who seemed to be infinitely long and certainly very dark . It was large enough that the two ponies could go side by side. He looked at her quizzically and asked.
“And what, are we going?“
“We have no choice, but we should be careful how we go now “ she said with a smile and entered the tunnel. They walked side by side in the depth. After a few good minutes, began to assert its end. Rarity first drew attention to it.
“I see something on the end, and probably before us is another cave“ she said, staring intently ahead.
“Yes, indeed. We must be careful, because Discord knows what will meet us there.“
“Discord ?“ She asked with surprise .
“Well, yes. The dragon of chaos, whatever. Princess long ago transformed it into a stone, and so far is in Canterlot as a garden ornament.“
“I understand, but somehow I did not hear about it.“
“No? Hmm... It's quite strange. How do we get back to Ponyville and I'll tell you something more about him. But for now let's focus on what's in front of us.“
Rarity nodded and looked at quite extensive caves, which had just entered. Barrfind frowned.
“Interesting, another cave as anticipated and probably at the end of the tunnel is another“ walked for some time through the caves, and the darkness around them seemed to move along with them.
“Barrfind , why do I get the feeling that the walls of the move?“
“I also see it. And I do not like it“ both ponies went even moments before you until suddenly they had to stop in front of the creature, who jumped in front of them with a thin rope attached to the ceiling. He had eight legs and eight eyes and non-stop moving very sharp mandibles. Rarity at the sight of the creature shrieked with terror.
“Spider, giant disgusting spider!“
Spider lunged at them, but ran into suddenly materialized out of nowhere sword.
Barrfind immediately shouted.
“Run!“
They both moved forward, and the walls began to move even more intensely. They ran as fast as his feet, until he noticed the tunnel much too small for the creatures chasing them.
“Run into the tunnel, quickly!“ Exclaimed .
But just before it landed again at the sight of a spider, which squeaked again. The spider was about to bite her, when she was struck just conjured a shield.
“Run!“ Repeated as soon as the creature fell knocked out. Along the way, they were separated by the spiders. Rarity managed to run up the tunnel to escape the spiders. Barrfind for it was surrounded by them. Configured so as to be behind the wall.
"That's nice" he thought.
One of the spiders lunged at him, but it has been downloaded on the fly sword. The second, who tried to approach him he got a shield. While the fight against those in front of him is a spider from the ceiling went over the wall , and met a stallion from behind. Just when it already had a bite that took a few steps forward and spider did not hit like he wanted. Grazed the back leg just a place not protected by armor. Stallion hissed in pain and winced at the same time piercing spider sword. Quickly looked around and noticed that spiders approaching nearer and nearer.
"There remains only one option."
He focused on his horn, which began to shine brighter and brighter and brighter , almost blinding spiders. Suddenly the light broke blinding all creatures around. Began to fall from the walls , and those on the ground fell on ridges and began to swing the legs. Barrfind immediately used it and slightly limping passed between them. He went into the tunnel bypassing Rarity waiting for him , and began to go on ahead. After a moment, caught up with him.
“What was that spell?“ Asked walking behind him.
“Flash of light, in a situation of great beings sensitive to bright light“ answered lightly panting with the effort.
She looked at him intently. They went fairly quickly, but after a while he began increasingly slow and sweating terribly.
“Honey, are you okay?“ She asked, but received no response. For a moment he suddenly stopped and fell like a log.
“Barrfind!“ Screamed and ran to him. He did not move, even one he did not move a muscle. She looked around him and drew attention to the wound, which was on the leg.
“Oh no, one of them had to scratch you. What now? I hope that this is just a paralyzing venom“ checked his bags and purses in addition to maps and found there a couple of bottles with labels.
"Drink see in the dark? Medicinal drink? Interestingly, it may be useful" took a potion and a bandage from his saddlebags. Wound splashed a few drops of the potion, and tied the bandage strip and then threw them back into his bag. She took with her ​​a blanket rolled up and tucked it under his head.
“It remains now we just have to wait“ to put it sat in front of him and laid her head on hooves. She stared at him, waiting for paralysis will pass.


Meanwhile, in Ponyville library.
“Twilight. It will probably have the two days he left. Do you think He find Rarity?“ Applejack asked hopefully.
“I do not know. But I hope so.“
“You have tell about this all a Princess?“
“I do not know if I should. Because Barrfind walked behind her and could he tell the princess. If this is not done you probably do not want her not to worry unnecessarily.“
“Maybe you're right sugarcube. But the princess for sure, would want to be informed about what has happened.“
Twilight sighed.
“Eh... Well, let's give him more than two days and then inform the princess, right?“
Applejack nodded and started to leave, saying at the same time.
“If you say so long as it does not appear to be too late, see you later, Twilight.“
“Yeah, see“ she said.
Applejack opened the door and left. They leave the Twilight with her not happy thoughts.
"I hope it was not too late. But what might happen to them?" She thought, then continued reading the book that lay before her on the table.


About an hour later in the caves beneath the mountains Frozen North. Lightly dozing Rarity looked at Barrfind, which still lay paralyzed in front of her. Suddenly she raised her head with a hoof and studied him.
"It seemed He went ear?"
After a minute, actually raised his right ear.
" I think the paralysis persists."
She got happy and waited until he could not move. Another minute later moved both ears and looked at her.
“Just a moment, a moment of paralysis has subsided“ she smiled happily, however, that he'll be fine. After a while though sagged and stood with the severity on four hooves slightly panting.
“Whew, thanks for the blanket Rarity, because it took a while. Fortunately, spiders paralyze their victims.“
“Yes, fortunately. I thought no longer pick up. Although I knew it was a paralyzing venom, or rather guessed that the venom. And always some complications may arise. I do not know what I had to do next if you permanently paralyzed or worse if you...“
“Died?“ Finished for her.
“Rarity, honey, I have confidence that the trick would you give to yourself. I believe in you and our friends also believe in you. But there is no need to worry for stock, because I'm all right, or at least more or less“ winced slightly in pain.
“Now what?“
“How are you? Moving on, I go back and so is not how or why. Let's go ahead and see what awaits us.
“And do not you want to relax a little?“
“Rested as I was in paralysis, and do not want to sit here anymore. Unless you want?“ He shook his head.
“Well, then, let's eat and go“ took out two bags of apples. One gave her a second bite itself.
They ate, threw cores and moved further into the tunnel. After a few minutes of walking and looked at Rarity said.
“Emm, Rarity. You are doing a hotter or it just me?“
“Yes“ said with a nod of his head.
“Also feel these higher temperatures.“
“Hmm ... I think I see the end of the tunnel and the next cave, and in the light.“
“The light and heat ? Do you think the same as me?“ She asked, looking at him intently.
“Yes, I think I know what will be the next hurdle.“
After a while they both come to the end of the tunnel and entered the cave, which was huge. At the bottom was a sea of ​​lava was, and on the walls of the cave where they were no where ledges.
“Fine, I dreamed of a hot bath, but that's a slight exaggeration.“
“I think I see another tunnel there at the end, you see?“ Pointed hoof on the ledge on the other side of the cave, for which there was a hole, likely out of this hell.
“Wonderfully, just how to get there?“
“Teleportation?“ She asked.
“It would be a good idea. But in this case falls. Be that as it may, not enough space for that, so I can not do that. I do not want to risk falling down there.“
“So what do we do?“
“Well, certainly we can’t fly so... Give me a moment, because I must think“ Rarity sat a while Barrfind looked around the cave and meditated. Then he turned to her.
“I think I know. Rarity, that's all. These tunnels and caves. They are connected to each other, and yet these traps. Someone built to protect the jewel, and this means that there must be some input and output for the creator is not it?“
“Well, yes . But what's your point?“
“For that, I think I have an idea and I need to check something.“
He turned. He bent his head and focused on his horn, which after a while he began to shine a purple light. At some point, fired the light in a wave that has passed through all the caves while discovering the bridge between the entrance to the cave, where they sat, and exit the other side. Rarity 's eyes widened in disbelief.
“What was it?“ Asked surprised.
“Well, it looked quite interesting that perfectly in front of us is out and I thought that someone could bore it all and prepare for the daredevils. Something so I felt that there is some invisible bridge. So I threw dispel magic spell. Useful, but exhausting spell. And it looks like it worked as it should. So let's go, because there's no time to waste.
Rarity stood up and went for Barrfind, who first began to walk across the bridge toward the exit. They crossed the bridge and went into another dark tunnel. Both unicorns horns and flashed their continued journey into the mountains. A few minutes later they saw the pony in a brown monastic habit with a hood founded on his head and hid his face darkness. Behind him was to see the entrance to the next cave, in which there shone a blue light. As they approached the pony has raised hoof stopping them and said, his voice as if issuing from a distance.
“Stop it, I'm the guardian of the Lazure Crystal and do not go over until you answer me three questions.
Barrfind and Rarity looked at each other. He nodded her head and looked at the pony in front of him.
“It looks like we have no choice, so ask.“
“What is your name?“ The guard asked the question, after which the stallion looked at him and said.
“Barrfind.“
“What is your goal?“
“Safe return to home with my beloved“ answered certainly in his voice.
“What is your favorite color?“
“Purple“ said in disbelief at the simplicity of the questions.
The guard nodded.
“Okay, now you“ pointed Rarity, who nodded readily.
“What is your name?“
“Rarity .
“What is your goal?“
“Find Azure Crystal.“
“What is Pi?“ Barrfind at this time made ​​a big eyes in surprise, and Rarity Undaunted not answered.
“3.14159...“
The guard nodded and Barrfind’s jaw dropped.
“Well, you answered all the questions you can go“ sayd guard and disappeared.
Barrfind looked at the smiling Rarity and said with unconcealed pride.
“You are a genius. From where you know this?“
“Oh, near Twilight, you can learn many interesting things“ replied happy and colt nodded in understanding.
“Come on. We are at the end of travel“ both went into a cave full of bright blue light that enveloped them, and a moment of blinding. And this is what it saw after regaining sight, left them speechless.