• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 309 Views, 1 Comments

Travel for the North Jewel - Barrfind



The adventures of ponies who look for a legendary gem.

  • ...
 1
 309

Rozdział 2 „The search.”

Rozdział 2 „The search.”
„Sequor Amor.”
„Following the love.”

Evening. Compartment in the train headed to the galloping Gorge.
In range was only unicorn in the armor. Sadly stared at the woods scrolling behind window.
"Well, I hope that we get" he thought.
At the same time he hear the conductor's voice in the hallway.
“We reaching the galloping Gorge, only ten minutes!“
"Great. She’s on place from long time, and probably immediately headed for the mountains. What to do? Go at night, or stay in an inn for the night? In Celestia, stupid question. As soon as I throw spell checking does she is somewhere nearby and ask around locals about the local area. I immediately go behind her " He thinking when train drove slowly into town.
He got off the train and looked around. There was no one nearby, so he stopped to think about his next move.
"Okay I'm on the spot, since no one is here I throw a spell" he focused on his horn, which glowed faint red glimmer. Light flashed and disappeared.
"Hmmm ... Apparently, she's not in the immediate area. Time ask the locals for the surrounding areas. It's not so late, so I should meet somepony."
He moved ahead into the town looking for anypony, which could have a word. There was no one nearby. But walking through the town he noticed the sign of the local tavern "Under the galloping stallion."
"Charming" he thought.
He went inside where it was quite crowded. He walked slowly to the counter by which stood a innkeeper. Natural brown pony with blond mane and boredom painted on the face. At his side was a badge in the form of a pint of cleaned cloth.
“Yes?“ Asked in a bored looking at the newcomer stallion.
“Hello, I'm passing here. I wanted to ask about the immediate surroundings. You're here supposedly beautiful mountains“ said Barrfind sitting at the bar.
“Hmm... Are they beautiful I do not know. To the mountains will be thirty miles, maybe more. You will have to go through the forest“ said the bartender polishing cloth top.
“You may encounter some dangers along the way? What should be considered in these woods?“ Inquired.
“Bandit rather not have. I would be more worried if I were you place with wild animals, timberwolfs like these forests.“
“Oh. Well, thanks for the information. Have you seen the way, and maybe heard of recently arrived mare unicorn with a purple mane and tail? She had three diamenciki as sweet badge. It may also have to ask about the mountains.“
“Filly Unicorn you say?“ The innkeeper looked thoughtful. After a short pause he said.
“No, I'm sorry, but I have not seen anyone like that, or did not hear anything.“
Pony put behind the ears with worry.
"The Harmonie, now what? There is probably nothing else I like to move north and hope that somehow it 'll catch up."
“Erm, thanks for your time. In total, if I could get in your two bottles of water?“
“Of course, there will be two bits“ the innkeeper took out a bottle of water from under the counter.
Barrfind paid and took them to the bag. Just about to leave when suddenly felt someone grabs him by the arm. He turned and looked at the yellow pegasus with a cane hat on his head, and on the side was a brown bottle of wheat in the middle.
“Yes?“ Barrfind looked questioningly squats.
“I heard by chance that you are looking for a white unicorn with a purple mane and three diamonds as a badge“ Pegasus explained.
“Exactly, have you seen her?“
“Yes, she asked me for directions to the mountains in the north.“
“When was this?“ He asked impatiently .
“About five or maybe six hours ago?“ That said, rubbing his cheek hoof in reflection .
“Yet it is light was when I showed her which way to go. Thanks and went ahead as indicated by the direction of me.“
“That's it?“
“I told her more about the animals, but she said she will be fine. Although mine was indicating that, however, a little afraid.“
“Thank you, can you show me which way to go?“
“Yes, of course. Come with me - he said pointing to the door of the inn.“
Barrfind got up from the bar and they both came out of the building. They went into the woods, where the town ended. When they stood on the edge and Pegasus pointed hoof saying.
“Go ahead, straight this way.“
Barrfind looked at not permeated the darkness of the forest.
“Well. Thank you for informations.“ Pulled out of the saddlebags two bits and gave them pegasus.
“You have a drink for me and my success in finding her.“
“Oh, no, no, thank you. I did it with pleasure.“
“So, the more you should take them. Come on take and drink for me“ he said with a smile.
Pegasus took the bits and bowed.
“Well, thank you and good luck. My advice would be to fly in the morning, because at night there is twice more dangerous than during the day.“
“Here I would not worry. Somehow, I'll be fine.“
Pegasus looked at with respect to the armor unicorn.
“Yes, you certainly can handle. Once again, good luck.“
“Thanks, and good night“ he replied, and they both split up, each in his way.
Pegasus back to the inn, and Barrfind toward a dark and deep forest. He walked straight to the north.
" All in all, a little dark in here and could use some light " he thought his horn and lit a bright light illuminating the surroundings.
" That's better. Here we go" and walked briskly ahead into the bleak, dark forest.


A few hours later, in the depths of the forest. On a slightly tired Barrfind falls rays of the sun piercing through the branches of trees.
"Well, the sun now stands. Could have somewhere to rest."
Going ahead and still looking for a place to rest, did not pay attention to the fact that something or someone was following him . He drew the attention of the nearby pond and a piece of land without trees in the same time to rest .
"Great, here I'll be able to relax moments. Must be probably something around five or six in the morning?"
He took his saddlebags from the back and sat down on the grass put them next to each other . Suddenly, from behind nearby trees tossed in his direction wolf, timberwolf. He began to run at breakneck speed toward the pony, to pounce on him. But he had to get up and push him away by the spell.
"TimberWolf, and where is one, theres a whole pack of them" he thought, looking around carefully.
He was right, because after a while for this lying, joined by two more wolves. When this lying stood up, screamed and growled began to circle the unicorn in front of them.
"Yeah, the old tactics. Go around the victim. We'll see how it comes to you."
Horn lit him up in the air appeared a sword and a shield with a purple star. Wolves not embarrassed preparing to attack. Wolf scattered over the middle and leaped high to attack in advance, but the stallion was ready for it. He ran under the belly of the wolf and punched him with his shield wooden butt. The only howled decomposing. Two other growled furiously, while the left and right side of the shed on the squats. This did fast forward run and wolves collided with each other. Hitting it a little dizzy, but were still deadly, because after a while the jolted and had to get up. But one of them just got the sword on the head and turned to poop sticks . The second one got up without obstacles and began again to circle the enemy. Pony wrinkled mouth and looked carefully at your opponent expecting an attack. Wolf finally growled and lunged at him. This covered his shield way, but it missed the wolf and collided with a pony, which under the impact wavered. He gasped, but he took the wolf in its magic and throw him on the nearest tree. The wolf whined, but soon picked up and repeated the attack. He tossed with teeth. Barrfind could swing a sword and hit the open jaws of a wolf.
" Well, this would be it" he thought with a smile looking like a wolf falls apart .
At the same time the fourth wolf hidden behind a tree, he threw himself on the pony and bit him in the armored neck. The surprised colt dematerialized sword, but he remained shield, which threw the enemy out. Wolf rolled over and immediately rushed back to the pony. Way clapped his shield, which effectively bypassed. Barrfind waved in his direction again materialized a sword, but the wolf noticed this movement and jumped in right behind a tree avoiding the blow. He ran quickly between the trees for squats and lunged at him. Barrfind quickly threw up a shield. Wolf ran into him and bounced overshoot the side. Pony waved his sword just above the ground aiming at the legs, but the wolf jumped up and landed next to him. He bit him in the leg armor unobstructed. Barrfind growled in pain and hit the wolf on the head hoof to let this go. It did not work. After a while, however, slowed the bite to bite him again, but Barrfind at the same time again elbow hoof. Wolf stepped back a bit, but not much because it gave was about to bite again in front of him a pony. There had already done this, however, He got hit with the sword, and fell apart .
"It was a tough fight and I hope that there will be no such surprises. Well, I have armor on. Although the legs are not covered. Threads of the rest" thought coming into saddlebags.
"I do not want to stay here to rest, because you might have more to fall down. I have to take care of my wounds and eat on the way."
He opened the bag, which pulled the bandage and a bottle. Poured over the wound on his leg and bandaged it. He threw the bottle into the bag, which he founded himself on the back. When it's all done pulled an apple out of the bag , and during the march slightly limping ate a snack. After a short time, when he threw the core stopped.
"All in all, I think I can now cast a spell . A lot went. Actually, I can see through the trees up" he thought looking straight ahead .
He focused on the spell and horn began his solid red light and clearly pointed toward the mountains. He broke the spell smiling.
"Well, I'm not far away. I think I need to relax in a quiet and safe place, and I was not so lucky with this. Never mind. On the rest will be time later" he thought, and started walking in the direction indicated by the red light.

A few miles away in a clearing at the foot of the mountains at the end of lay white unicorn with a purple mane. Nervously, she stared into the forest.
"I heard the howling of timberwolfs. I hope it will not reach here. Soon I should go on his way. With a bit of luck does not come across them on the way" she thought, looking carefully at the trees .

About half an hour later Barrfind came out of the forest at the foot topped up and started looking.
"I do look for the perfect place to unwind. She had to be here."
Something caught his attention and went to the strangely flat grass in the middle of the clearing.
"Yes, it's resting on a blanket. Hmmm ... I recently had to go on his way. Somewhere there must be traces of which way started" leaning low over the grass looking for signs of hooves. After a moment he found them.
"They run to the east. Just in case the last time I will cast a spell to make sure." Focused on your corner who began to shine a strong red light which indicated far east. He broke the spell and smiled triumphantly.
"Finally, She is very close" he thought then trotted east not paying attention to leg pain.


About two miles further east Rarity slowly proceeded along the mountains.
"If I'm not mistaken, a few miles should come to the cave. Finally an end to the journey. Well, almost. So really this is just the beginning. I do not know what we'll find inside. If anything there will be. But then I'll be the worry. How do I find it just come back from nothing" she thought continuing the journey .
She walked so even the moments when suddenly in the woods next to her lingering heard howling. She looked toward the woods in fright.
"Oh no, timberwolves " She thought terrified.
Rarity began to gallop ahead at the moment throwing feared ov look for yourself or to not chase her. So far, she's not chasing so slowed down a little bit. But then suddenly beside her she heard the howling and the trees jumped two wolves. They began to run towards her so I immediately went again at a gallop.
Running as soon as possible cried out in fear.
“Help!“ But she doubted that anyone was so deep in the woods and he could help her.
" This is the end. I can not escape them. They are too fast" but the thought still galloping wolves already catching up with her​​.
One of them was about to jump on it when suddenly flashed and behind her came out of nowhere a unicorn in the armor. Materialized immediately sword and struck the nearest surprised wolf. The second wolf growl slowed down and began circling the opponent. He wasn’t passive, and immediately attacked the wolf with his sword which is effectively bypassed. He was about to pounce on squats when suddenly materialized just got a shield. Him backwards and wolf whimpered but got up immediately, again attacking the enemy. He ran quick his way avoiding the sword which waved pony. Ran around him and wanted to throw him from the left side but on the way stopped him shield. Stunned him enough time to Barrfind could finish off the wolf sword. Once this has turned into a pile of sticks, He dematerialized his weapon.
It was all over. He turned toward him lying mare that she could still run a bit before she fell as he teleported behind her. Panting with fatigue after a frantic chase. After a moment she turned to look at the pony in front of her and thank you for being so unexpected help. She glanced at the mouth of his character that removing the helmet just approached her slight limp. She recognized him and made ​​big eyes with astonishment. Received her speech for a while because I was moving like a muzzle, it is no sound came from her.
“Yes, Rarity, well I'm glad that I see you safe and sound. In the end I managed to catch up with you“ he said walking over to her.
Rarity after a while she recovered from the shock and stood up throwing him on the neck. Barrfind gasped slightly but hugged her with a smile on the face.
“Barrfind! Fortunately. But how did you find me?“ Asked with tears in her eyes but happiness in his voice.
“Oh, this is quite a long story and I'm sorry that it took so long“ he winked at her with a smile when she let go, and she smiled back and wiped his eyes last.
“What were you thinking ? Why did not you tell me that you want to look for a gem! You know that I would go with you, and probably even himself“ he said with reproach in her voice.
“Yes, I know but I wanted to do it alone as always“ replied , looking at him sadly painted on the face .
“Probably not always. Typically, Spike helped you“ drew her attention.
“Well, Spike is a beloved dragon but what I have planned now is simply more dangerous. So far cave exploration is much more dangerous than the hills around Ponyville. I could not take it with me.
“Eh... Rarity, and I am not a small dragon. You could take me with you. Well, you said that the dangerous search. And with me you just to be safe.“
“Yes, but...“
“No but, you know how much fear and worry you have done to as?“
“As?“
“Yes, as“ he said, shaking his head.
“In a moment I'll tell you but first, let's sit down at? Moments of rest would not hurt.“
“Naturally“ two ponies sat in front of him after a bed blanket by Rarity.
“So luckily I wanted that day to surprise you and take to dinner. As I was passing the library Twilight heard a snippet of their conversation. Applejack was with you after the prom dresses and found the letter.
“Ah, yes the letter“ She said, looking at him .
“After reading...“

He told her what had happened to him from that moment until he reached ...
“The innkeeper did not know you, but before I left, I was stopped by a yellow pegasus...“
“Pegasus?“ Interrupted him.
“The yellow coat and hat cane?“
“Exactly, pointed out to me which way you go.“
“And you say that the night was? You could have something happen“ she said worriedly .
“And I had another choice? Forward pushing me to think that you catch up before something happens to you and I was right it looks.
“Yes, it looks that way. I should thank you. Thank you sweetie“ leaned over and kissed him. Stallion stood upright ears, and yet after a while as Rarity leaned away from him, he still had blurred vision.
"Oh, stallions" she thought, rolling her eyes.
“Barrfind!“ She said, slightly raising his voice and waving his last of the eyes on a horse roused from their lethargy.
“Huh? And so, what happened?“
“Yes, you've lost connectivity with the world.“
“Em , you know I did not sleep the whole night on the train and only dozed off for a bit and I had to fight with a gang of wolves.“
“Well, yes. You should then relax.“
“Yes, but not here. Let's go ahead and look for a better place to stay. Prefer not to remain so close to where they were wolves.“
“Well , maybe something will continue“ - Rarity looked at his leg and looked at him sadly.
“Are you hurt?“ she said regretfully on what nodded.
“I've been bitten but I took care of her, so you need not worry.“
looked at him again but nodded and stood up both. Rarity made ​​a blanket and tucked himself into saddlebags. She moved further to the east, and a slight limp Barrfind followed.

About ten minutes later, Rarity suddenly stopped on a stallion for her almost at her rushed. She turned and looked at his little dreamy eyes that stared at her.
“Barrfind?“ Asked at what suddenly awakened .
“What do you want, my beauty?“ He said with a disarming smile.
“Why you follow me instead of constantly going to go next to me?“
He Blushed and ran sideways glance.
“Well... Emm... I mean I...“ began to stutter at a supplement.
“Oh! Guarding backs. That's why I'm going for you“ explained in the end a little lame.
Rarity looked at him with curious eyes.
“You guarding back?
“Yeah, you know you need to take care of the rear.“
“Oh, yeah?“
“Yeah“ replied with a nervous smile.
“All right, my dear. Now I will watch "backs", and you go ahead“ she said, with an emphasis on the right word.
“Emm... Okay“ He said with a nervous smil . Slightly sweaty and situated behind the ears moved slowly ahead.
The mare looked at his "backs" and thought for a moment and then followed him with a smile on the face.


After a short time they came to quite a large clearing in the middle of the stallion stood shaking off saddlebags .
“Okay, I think it's a great place to rest.“
“Are you sure?“
“Yes, dear, spread a blanket“ ordered at the same time a little stretching .
Rarity stretched blanket and lay down on it. Barrfind walked over to sit next to her.
He looked deep into her eyes.
“I'm glad that finally I was able to find you. It's the thought that something is threatening you really which gave me strength.“
“Yes, even had a chance to at the last minute.“
“Well, I went ahead east when suddenly I heard a howl. After the second time, and immediately after you scream after which I felt a boost of energy and speeded up. As soon as I had you in sight, teleport behind you would deal with these wolves.“
“My own prince in shining armor. Put your head and rest a little, in case of emergency wake you. You look terribly exhausted.“
“Actually I'm already at the limit of endurance. Although you can light a fire and can gather wood, however, will happen...“ did not finish because suddenly closed his eyes and his head fell to the blanket . He fell asleep. Rarity began to pat him on the head last.
“Thank Celestia for his arrival at the last minute. Already given up, and he jumped out of nowhere and dealt with Wolves despite fatigue. Can love really adds energy? In any case, let him sleep with him because I have a greater chance of success in finding a jewel. Although I'm starting to wonder whether to continue at all those searches. It's the end of the jewel. We'll see what we decide in the morning. I have a strange feeling that he would be willing to move with me, or behind me, at the end of the world. My prince. I love you" she kissed his forehead and stallion responded to only a single word.
“Rarity“ he muttered.
She smiled, amused and stroked it further. Shortly before nightfall decided to gather wood and light the fire. When she was again put together with a sleeping unicorn.