• ...
153
 3,066
 96,807

Twenty Five

“Oh Pony Joe…” you lean forwards too, ‘accidently’ brushing your hand against his hoof. “I’ve always admired your… icing skills.” You wink back, waggling an eyebrow. “Perhaps I can try some of your… special icing?”

“That’s a great idea!” Pony Joe suddenly leaps into the kitchen, and then trots back, carrying a large donut covered in the most intricate frosting. “This is my most precious donut, I spent months icing it!”

You gaze at the donut for a few moments. That wasn’t quite what you had in mind, but you take what you can get. You reach for the donut and slowly take a bite out of it. It tastes amazing, like a bite of heaven itself. Every mouthful is like a never-ending waterfall of sugar and delight. “That’s… that’s amazing!” you moan, your mouth full of icing as you finish off the donut.

Pony Joe watches you eat the donut, and then taps his hooves on the till. “That’ll be five hundred bits,” he announces coldly.

You freeze, a few donut crumbs falling out of your mouth. “B-but I thought it was free!” you squeak.

“Not that one. That’s my most precious donut. Five hundred bits.” Pony Joe holds out a hoof, his face suddenly taking on an angry expression.

“I... I don’t have any bits!” You wipe the donut crumbs off your mouth guiltily as if that will make it all better. “Is there anything else I can do?”

Pony Joe strokes his chin. “There’s one way to work off your debt, but it won’t be easy…”

And that is how the Brony Hero of Equestria ended up spending the rest of his life as the dishwasher in the back of a donut café.


BAD END

Start again
Read more stories by Blueshift