• ...
153
 3,066
 96,806

Thirteen

“Trixie, you’re better than this!” You grunt in pain from your injured chest as you pull yourself upright. “You’re a great magician; you don’t need to be living in the forest eating pinecones. You should be living in a palace, with servants to do your every whim!”

“Trixie knows!” the blue unicorn sniffed, pressing her head into the ground to hide her tears. “Trixie has wasted her life! All that potential, gone! Now Trixie is hated by all and must hide in the Everfree Forest.”

“No Trixie!” you stand, shaking a fist in the air. “For I have faith in you. I know that you are not just a Great and Powerful pony – you could be a Great and Powerful princess! Come with me, overthrow Celestia, take your rightful place as the ruler of Equestria!”

Trixie slowly looks up at you questioningly. “You… you really think I can do that?”

You smile. “Yes Trixie, yes I can!”


***


You waste no time in racing back to Canterlot, Trixie riding on your back and whipping you with a branch to make you go faster. Ignoring any guards who try to stop you, you burst into the throne room as Celestia is addressing a gathering of farmers. All eyes turn to you as you enter.

“What is this?” Celestia gasps in surprise. “Have you found the Time Orb?”

“No, princess!” I smirk, letting Trixie dismount from your back. “I have found your DOOM!” You and Trixie stand in front of the princess, smirking as Celestia looks between you.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, you nudge Trixie. “Go on then!”

Trixie looks up at you confused. “What? Trixie thought you had a plan!”

“I do!” you hiss back. “You’re going to overthrow Celestia!”

“Oh,” Trixie pouts. “Trixie thought you were going to do that.”

You both stare at Celestia, who stalks forwards, horn glowing brightly. “Ah, now princess!” you cry, throwing up your hands. “Do you mind if we go out and start again?”

Celestia shakes her head, her brow angrily furrowed as she looks between you. “I seem to have misplaced my faith!” she intones, with steel in her voice. “Such insurrection shall not go unpunished. Trixie – you will henceforth be banished to the Everfree Forest, where you will spend the rest of your days eating pinecones.”

“Hurray!” Trixie shouts.

“And as for you!” Celestia steps closer, and you can feel her magic close around your arms and legs, holding you tight. “You shall become my slave!”

“Hurray!” you shout.

“…in the mercury mines!” Celestia continues.

You hang your head. “…Boo!”


BAD END

Start again
Read more stories by Blueshift