• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 910 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Dashie: Help from another universe - BlazeGriff1n



What if you could change the story of a beautiful friendship ?

  • ...
5
 4
 910

Chapter 4 - Equestria

Chapter 4 - Equestria

I ran as fast as I could to my Teladi Buzzard, on the way to Equestria. I didn't have to worry about the alarm clock this time, I had switched it off.

So I set off on my journey to Equestria. The only question was: How? How could I find my way to Equestria? Was it even possible to reach Equestria from here? Even if I owned a spaceship, I had never explored the outer edges of my dream world and for the first time I noticed how many stars were visible from my dream world. If I knew which one of them was Equestria. Kowalski didn't have a solution for that either, but he had at least built a device lately that could locate the portal as soon as I was close enough. He had originally built it for the case that he would be sucked into the portal and have to find it again. What a paranoia this penguin sometimes had! But at least that was a big help to me, even if I had to pick out now which planet I should fly to first. On the navigation map in my spaceship I recognized that the constellation of the stars was very similar to the real world. I simply started and picked out the brightest star. I could already exclude the sun and the polar star, so I picked out the second brightest one and set off. I switched on Kowalski's device, which would lead me to the origin of the signal with a nice beep. Luckily, due to my S.E.T.A, it didn't take long before I arrived at a star constellation where the signal became more and more sensitive. It led me to a planet that resembled my earth very much. As I slowly entered the atmosphere, my ship's stealth mode was switched on and switched the propulsion to the current of shield energy so that I would not be detected by anyone during my approach. After all, Celestia wasn't going to catch me in a corvette, even if it didn't carry any weapons

As I approached the surface of the planet, there were suddenly two signals for a short moment, but that other signal came somewhere from the frozen regions of the planet. Maybe it was just an anomaly. I flew over the part of the planet where it had already been night, so I flew slowly, but fortunately the moon was very bright here and I could see the landscape below me well. The landscape looked a bit strange. The signal led me over a large accumulation of clouds and I realized that many of these clouds were apparently buildings. On the search for the origin of the signal I flew over a huge orchard, where innumerable apple trees stood. The signal became stronger as I approached a larger city. I didn't want to risk being discovered, so I landed in a clearing in the middle of a forest.

I oriented myself to the direction where I had seen the houses, the signal became stronger. But I was not alone in this forest. Everywhere around me I saw ghostly shadows and shining eyes. These beings didn't come closer, maybe they did not know what I was and they were apparently

afraid of me. But luckily I found my way to the small town where all the ponies were sleeping in their houses.

The place looked nice, there was on a big place a house which was built like a huge pavilion. Further away I even saw a tree house...but not an ordinary one. Instead of a house on a tree, this house was the tree. And there was light inside. The signal became stronger the closer I came to the tree house. The door was closed, so I looked through the window. There was nobody inside. I tried to open the door, which went without a hitch. Apparently nobody here thought it was necessary to lock it. When I entered the room I saw a lot of books standing on shelves. The light was generated by fireflies buzzing around in a glass ball above the room. Apparently this was some kind of library or something. My eyes fell on another door that was on the side of one of those bookshelves. I opened the door and found a staircase leading to the basement of the tree house. It was also lit and I didn't need to go down the stairs far to discover the portal device standing in the middle of the room. I found it! But before I could take care of the portal device, I wanted to find Rainbow Dash. Now I at least knew where they were hiding it. But before I wanted to leave the tree house again, I heard several voices coming closer. So I hid behind the leaning basement door. I just hoped they weren't on their way to the portal device."

„Sigh, she makes it really difficult for us. Why is Dashie angry with us?" said the pink pony, which kept jumping up and down while it was going.

„Ah'd like to know that too. She's been behaving a bit strang'ly ever since. That's not the Rainbow Dash ah knew from b´fore." Noticed the orange pony.

„You have to understand what Rainbow Dash has been through. 15 years she was raised by this person, it was only 15 days here. We should not have done that. It is our fault that she is no longer the Rainbow Dash we know. I should never have tried that spell."

My feelings jumped galloping when I heard this sentence from Twilight Sparkle. Her name was the only one I could remember over the years. Like me, she thought of reuniting Rainbow Dash with her father.

„But as the student of Princess Celestia, I have to obey my mentor. She cares more about our safety than anything else. And if this world we went to is really dangerous, then I can understand her decision very well and we all should."

„Yes, but I still don't get one thing."

„What is it, Pinkie Pie?"

„Why is there a human being in your library?" said the pink pony, pointing to my hiding place.

I turned as white as chalk and froze in horror, just like the ponies who looked at me now. The white unicorn with the purple mane immediately had a screaming attack and withdrew with the others into a corner of the library.

„What? Who is there? Come out and show yourself!" Twilight yelled at me. Before I could answer, her horn began to glow in a bright purple light.

„I...I...", I stammered and slowly came out behind the door.

„How are you...wait, you're the person who helped us find Rainbow Dash, aren't you?" Twilight asked quietly.

„Yes, it's me."

"How did you get here? What are you doing here?" she asked.

But she could answer her question herself through the open cellar door.

"You are looking for the portal device, aren't you?"

"Forget the portal device! I'm here for Rainbow Dash! What did you do with her? What did you try to do to me?" I said in a high-pitched voice before Twilight took a deep breath.

"Wait, you remember everything? Oh, I'm so glad to see you! Rainbow Dash may be back home, but she was on Earth for 15 years, I don't know how that time difference came about, but you must help us, please," she stammered.

"Help you? How about sending her back to Earth to her father?"

"Ouh, I guess that's impossible. Rainbow Dash cannot be allowed to return to Earth. The Princess has given her orders. But there must be another way." Twilight said desperately.

"There is, Twilight," said a pony who had just entered the library.

„Princess Celestia?" Twilight said shocked.

„Well, some ponies voices are very hard to miss when they are scared of something," said the princess, smilingly looking at Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

When her gaze fell on me, Twilight immediately tried to prevent another escalation.

„Uh, that's the person who helped us to get Rainbow..."

„Thank you, Twilight. But I know who he is and the reason why he is here."

„Really? she asked astonished, but the princess just nodded.

I was amazed that Celestia was not angry to see me. She seemed relatively calm that I was standing in the middle of her world.

„Forgive me for asking, Princess. But why do you want to help me?" I asked carefully.

„I've been watching you since the day Rainbow Dash entered your world. However, I had felt something. I felt that you were not like the other humans I knew until now. You were so selfless and full of responsibility towards her, and as I found out later, also like the person who raised her. Her father, so to speak. Furthermore, through a...review of the past, I had the opportunity to recognize for myself that not all the people I have met so far have been bad.

„Yes, and he is absolutely all right. At first I thought he was just an alien from another universe who was evil, but then he turned out to be pretty friendly and sensitive. So, he's not a bad alien now, just a little cranky!" Pinkie Pie said hectically.

„You recognized that well, Pinkie Pie. I apologize for what I did to you back then. I had only done it to…

I fell into her word because I already knew the answer.

„...to protect your ponies, I know."

„No...no, that's not the whole truth. I also wanted to protect YOU."

I had not expected that answer.

„Me? What did you want to protect me from?"

"I wanted you to just forget about Rainbow Dash so you wouldn't have to worry about her anymore. Once I made sure you weren't damaged by the spell, I decided to take Rainbow Dash back to Equestria."

I could have been angry at Celestia at that moment, but I was glad that she told me the truth at that moment.

"Then why didn't the spell work?" I wanted to know.

Celestia turned to the purple coloured unicorn.

"Twilight, you did do the spell right, didn't you?"

She turned to Twilight and looked at her as if she knew she was keeping something from her.

"The spell only works if the being to whom the spell is being cast agrees."

"My loyal student, why didn't you tell me?

"I... I couldn't do it. I did not cast the oblivation spell..."

"I used a harmless paralysis spell instead, because the end effect was the same and it worked for real. I'm sorry, Princess Celestia. But taking Rainbow Dash's memories while there's a human being on Earth who gave her the last 15 years of his life is just not right."

"And why did you take the portal device?"

„Many years ago we also had a portal to another world. But for over thousands of years the portal has disappeared somehow..."

„And now you wanted to use our device to be able to enter your other world again?" I said angrily about that theft.

„We kinda knew that when we’re taking your invention with us, you want to get it back. And the smart penguin would somehow invent a device to search for the portal.” Twilight said with a smirk.

“And the fact that you’re now here means that the device works. With that we can find our own portal.”

Now I knew why the device first showed me two signals. But I wasn't sure whether I should just hand over the device to her after what they had done for me so far. So I hesitated.

"You could have just asked for help!" I still said, somewhat annoyed.

"The last human beings I dealt with were not necessarily trusting, but if I want to expect that from you, I should trust you too," she said to herself.

"If you give me this device, I will in return...bring Rainbow Dash's father from Earth to Equestria to live with her here."

We couldn't believe our ears. Did Princess Celestia just seriously say that?

"Normally, I would never agree to anything like this. I don't know how the other ponies would react. But in this case, I see the gravity of the situation. I see how Rainbow suffers from this separation and it's as much my responsibility to see that she's happy again."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's bring him in!" I shouted euphorically.

"Teleporting to this other world is only possible for us. As long as we possess this magic we can switch between worlds, but humans can't...normally they don't have a suitable flying object for that either," she said to me with a wink.

I blushed slightly, because apparently all my efforts to land unnoticed...Celestia had not remained hidden.

I think we have to use the portal again. But could you give us the device first?" Celestia asked.

I was still a bit sceptical but I decided to give her the tracking device.

"Thank you. It will make our search for the portal much easier. Then we can start," she said.

The ponies lost no time and set off to report the news to Rainbow Dash. As all the ponies left the library, Celestia looked at me seriously. Not angry, but a little worried. I knew she was hiding something from me.

"I don't want to hide anything from you. Once Rainbow Dash and her father agree to leave their old lives behind to live in Equestria, the spell will work."

"So you still want to go through with it," I said, disappointed.

I looked at her reproachfully, but she didn't seem to mean any harm.

"Please understand. It's the only way she can really continue her life where she left off last."

"And there's no other way?

"I'm afraid not...no."

I could see the desperation in her eyes, because at this point she would certainly have wished for another way.

"Will they remember anything?"

"He'll remember a Rainbow Dash that he kept his whole life with her parents. And she will remember him as a mentor in her childhood. But as for the memories of their time on Earth..."

I knew that spell affected her memories of me.

"I'm sorry, I would like to do more for you after all you've done for us. I can only offer you what I've done for her father from earth. You will keep the memories of her," she said.

I understood her discord, for at that moment I could not think of any other solution for Celestia either. But there was still one for me. When she was about to speak the protection spell and her horn touched my head, I stopped her.

"If she doesn't remember me, I have no use for those memories...especially if I can't see Rainbow Dash anymore. You're right, it would only cause pain," I said with a heavy heart.

Celestia's eyes began to water.

"If you wish it, I will grant your wish as soon as she is with the human here in Equestria. I will tell your friends about your great deed. I shall never forget it."

Then came a brief moment when we actually hugged. I realised how sorry Celestia was to have drawn people into this story. But I still could not understand how her opinion of people had suddenly changed. Anyway, afterwards we set off. The ponies were travelling with Celestia and Rainbow Dash, I carefully climbed into my spaceship and activated the jump drive back to my homeworld...Astrum.