• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,533 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,533

Into Submission

Despite the metal beams trying with all of their weight to remain on the ground, the mighty might of Zangief was far too great for them and with relative ease he hoisted the twin beams onto both of his shoulders. He let out a mighty chuckle as the changelings that worked around him gazed upon his show of strength before impressing them further by tossing the two beams into the air and catching them with his palms.

"Please, please. No need to applause for something so easy," Zangief asked when the changelings began to applaud for his performance. "All I ask is that one of you tell me where I need to place these. I can hold them up all day but that does not mean that I want to!"

"We need them over here. This building isn't doing too well." Zangief walked over to the spot the changeling had pointed to, holding the beams in place as the changeling used his magic to weld the beams into place. "Thanks so much for doing this. It's making the work a lot easier."

"I am happy to help comrade. But next time you ask for my help pick something that is actually a challenge!" He began to flex as he said this, getting the changelings around him to laugh while a few whistled for fun. Zangief bent down to pick up the next support beams when he noticed a small changeling with what he assumed was it's mother next to it. "Greetings little one. How may I help you?" Zangief asked as he shouldered the twin beams. The changeling nervously looked at the street, but the mother came forward to speak for him.

"My son just wanted to thank you for what you did the other day, stopping the bandits and bringing back the food they were trying to steal," she began as she nudged her son, but gratitude flashed in her eyes as well. "Very few of us have actually had a decent meals in months, so it meant the world to us...what you did. Thank you." Zangief balanced the beams on his shoulders as he rubbed the back of his head with a smile, some of the changelings that were working beginning to applaud for him as well.

"Please, I already said that you do not need to thank me for what I did...alright, if you wish to cheer for me then I won't object," Zangief laughed as he began to lift the beams of metal over his head again, gaining more cheers. The little changeling nudged his massive, red boot and Zangief stopped showing off his muscles so that he could bend down to (sort of) be on the same level as the little one, even though he still toward over him. "Yes little one, you wished to say something to me?"

"I...I just wanted...to say that you're my hero, along with the queen," he stammered out before he backed away and nervously hid behind his mother. Zangief allowed his face to take on a warm smile at the little changelings words, for they meant more to him than any of the cheering or praising. Before he could reply a scream could be heard and all heads turned towards the cry to see a changeling flying towards them at a speed Zangief had not seen them reach. The changeling collapsed to the ground and the others began to crowd around her, one of them helping her back to her hooves.

"Whoa there, what's the matter? You came flying at us like a bat out of hell," the one changeling helping her up said as he let the tired changeling rest upon his shoulder.

"In the wasteland...attacked from out of nowhere...wilderbeast...took my son," she panted out in between breaths. Her words struck the other changelings silent and not one of them made a sound. "Need...to talk to Queen Chrysalis...must get him back..."

"There's no point," Zangief heard one of the changelings say from the crowd, the giant turning his head towards the one who had spoken with a frown. "You know that once a wilderbeast takes a changeling back to it's nest that they're never heard from again. I am so sorry for your loss, but the queen won't be able to help you." The suffering changeling collapsed to the ground as she began to sob, all of the other changelings around her trying to comfort her as best they could. All except for Zangief, who stood rooted in the ground with a look of fire in his eyes. He turned his head slightly to see the young male that had just called him his hero looking up at him with expecting eyes, causing Zangief to give him a smile before walking forward.

"Do you know where these cowardly beasts would have taken your child?" he asked the mother, gaining him a huge gasp from the crowd as all eyes turned towards him. The crying changeling looked up at him with confusion in her tear stained eyes, but also buried beneath the tears was the glimmer of hope.

"Hold on Zangief, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into," the changeling that had advised her from leaving spoke up while stepping forward. "Defeating a group of rogue changelings is a great feat, but there is no way even you could defeat a wilderbeast. They are vicious monsters that can absorb magic through their skin and are strong enough to take down ten changelings. You wouldn't stand a-" The changeling stopped talking as Zangief threw his head back and laughed so loudly that his joy drowned out the changeling's words.

"I am sorry to interrupt you, but what you just said was so funny that I could not help but laugh!" Zangief boldly said as he placed his fists on his hips. "You say that it absorbs magic, but I do not use magic. You also say that it is as strong as ten changelings? I defeated fifteen. This monster may be fierce, but it will find out what happens when you try to wrestle with a cyclone! Mother who has lost her child, show me the way!"

The mother shakily rose to her hooves with the fires of hope burning in her eyes once again as she looked up at the Russian, nodding slightly before taking to the sky and flying out of the hive, Zangief chasing after her with one last wave to the changelings. But as he turned and ran towards the exit with the mother, he could hear the small voice of a changeling chanting his name and he knew then that he would not fail.

←↙↓↘→↗+H

With narrowed eyes Zangief slowly lowered himself deeper and deeper into the ever darkening tunnel, struggling to keep himself from slipping as he carefully placed one foot in front of the other. The tunnel smelled of foulness and death, keeping Zangief even more on his toes that he normally was. What also didn't help his nerves was that the tunnel was barely large enough for him to fit into, let alone fight in.

'But it makes sense that such a cowardly creature that would steal children is hiding in a place that will not allow for fair fight,' Zangief growled inside his mind as his rage kept him poised and ready in case the coward decided to attack him from behind. 'But if it does so it will find that not even the stone walls of a cave can contain me. My greatest fear is for the children that it has taken, for I hope I am not too late!'

His slow march continued for what felt like hours until he saw what he had been waiting for the entire time. He saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Moving forward as fast as he could in the confined space Zangief took on his wrestlers mentality as he prepared for the battle that was to come. As he reached the end of the tunnel he found that it led into a much large cave than what the entrance had been, allowing him to snarl as his eyes grew accustom to the red light of the fire.

He first spotted a number of small changelings kept in a cage in a corner of the cave, where none of them dared to make a sound. in the center of the cave was where the light source came from as a large fire roared in the center of the room, illuminating a large pot that rested on top of it. But where Zangief's eyes truly narrowed was when he saw his foe stirring the pot.

It was a white beast that was somewhat smaller than him, but still large enough for him to not take it lightly. It had white skin with greenish blots that formed a pattern on it's back, along with green claws and fangs. But that was all he was allowed to take in for the creature began to move towards the changelings in the cave and Zangief knew it was time to start the match.

"Hello there," Zangief snarled as he leapt down from the tunnel above and slammed his boots into the ground, causing both the creature and the changelings in the cage to jump at the sight of him. The wilderbeast narrowed it's eyes and roared at him once it had recovered from the shock of seeing him, but Zangief simply laughed at it's attempts to be threatening. "You have something's that belong to the mothers of the wasteland. I am here to take them back...by force, I hope."

The wilderbeast let out another screech as it dropped the stick it was stirring a stew with and lunged towards Zangief, throwing itself into the air with claws outstretched to shred him into pieces. But to it's shock Zangief reach up and grabbed the creature out of the air, holding it above his head before slamming it into the ground.

"Very well then! Let us fight!" he yelled as he lumbered towards the creature, which had gotten back to it's claws and re-launched itself towards him. Zangief turned his body to the side to throw out his tree trunk like legs and kicked the creature out of the air, sending it sprawling into the dirt. The Russian then reached down and grabbed the creature by the legs, spinning it around before hurling it through the air and introducing it's face to a wall.

"Come now beast, surely you can do better?" Zangief taunted as he lumbered towards the creature, which was forcing itself back to it's claws. A massive hand grabbed hold of it's head and lifted the three hundred pound creature up, where it was held in the air with one arm. Zangief slammed the creature face first into the ground before leaping into the air above it and delivering a splash that crushed the wilderbeast with all of his weight, causing it to gurgle in pain as his weight crumbled it's will to fight.

In an act of desperation the creature spun around and slashed at Zangief, the sharp claws cutting into his chest. Zangief cried out more in surprise than he actually did pain as he backed away, allowing the creature to scurry up the wall and into the darkness overhead.

"Come out you coward! You are the one who started this fight, are you going to run away after only being crushed a few times?" Zangief taunted into the dark ceiling as he looked around, the flickering flames from the fire unable to illuminate enough of the room for him to see.

"Grrr!" Zangief growled as he felt the wilderbeast land on his back and dig it's claws into him, but the might wall of muscle that made up his back did not allow the claws to penetrate too deep, allowing Zangief the chance to counter attack. Zangief reached over his head and grabbed hold of the wilderbeasts chest with both hands before with a roar he flipped it head over heels and into the dirt before him. It sprung to it's feet and turned around to face him, but the Red Cyclone had already moved in for the kill.

"TOO LATE!" Zangief roared as he slipped both arms around it's waist and slid around behind it, leaping up with his powerful leg muscles and taking the both of them into the air. Zangief leaned back quickly as they began to descend and drove the creature head first into the ground. He followed up the suplex by rolling both him and the wilderbeast back to their feet before leaping even higher into the air, leaning back once again as they reached the zenith of the jump. The wilderbeast let out one last scream of defiance before the two of them came crashing back to terra firma, Zangief using the momentum of the leap to drive the wilderbeast skull first into the ground.

"And that is the match!" Zangief cried out in victory as he rose back to his feet and held both of his arms in the air, planting a foot on the unmoving creature beneath him. He let out a loud laugh before picking up the body of the wilderbeast and walking over to the cage that held the children. "Do not worry children, I was sent here by your families to make sure that you are safe. Now let us get you out of there."

Zangief tried to pry the bars open, but when he found that the metal bars defied his might he lifted the body of the wilderbeast and slammed it into the lock on the cage, shattering both it and the part of the creature that he had struck the lock with. The doors to the cage swung open and the changeling children all began to slowly come out, nervous looks on their faces as they looked up at the monster of a man who has rescued them.

"Do not worry children, I mean you no harm! I am Zangief, the greatest wrestler in the world and slayer of foul creatures that would harm children!" he said with a laugh in hopes to comfort them, throwing the body of the monster that had held them in captivity across the room. He saw them perk up a bit at the display, and they looked at him again with more trusting eyes. "Now what do you say we get out of here?"

The children all nodded and he began to lead them back to where he had entered from, taking a log from the fire and using it as a torch to light the way. But right as they reached the spot where he had jumped down from a loud shriek could be heard coming from one of the side tunnels. The changelings huddled around his legs as he let out a scoff.

"It seems that the coward had a friend. I shall deal with him," Zangief confidently said as he stepped forward, but then the roar was matched with another roar and then another, until all that could be heard was the sounds of roaring. "Oh no," Zangief whispered as wilderbeasts then began to crawl out of every tunnel except for the one behind them, Zangief counting at least twenty of them in total as they jumped down from the tunnels and slowly began to slink towards him, rage flashing in their eyes.

"Mister? What do we do now?" one of the fearful changeling children asked him. Zangief looked down at the child before back to the army of the wilderbeast, rage filling up his body as he handed the torch to one of the changelings before he began to march forward.

"You children can fly? Then fly up that tunnel and flee for the exit," Zangief instructed before taking up a wrestling stance in front of the army of wilderbeasts. ''I am going to unleash a cyclone upon these monster!"