• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 5,707 Views, 45 Comments

Ghost Pony Rider - MrHouston



A ancient legend has come to life in Equestria when a mystic being has been summoned to kill those who spill inicent blood and threaten others, but one is to wonder is that all this being wants?

  • ...
14
 45
 5,707

Chapter 4: Origins

Author's Note:

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Can you find the easter egg in this chapter? Comment below!

"Many years ago, I was an ordinarry pony just like you. I always would make the right choices I never made mistakes. I was a perfect soul. However I didnt have one thing, friends to share my life with. Everyday at school I'd see kids with thier friends laughing, having fun. I was always alone, never did anyone talk to me. They'd just say I would never have friends in my life and that I should just dissapear. Well, I tried multiple times to end it. I leaped off cliffs only to land in water or pushes. I tried hanging, but the rope always broke, even before I jumped! Until one day, two bullies from the school jumped my outside the school. The kicked, punched, and taunted me. One of them pulled out a knife." Ghost Rider was in a gaze when talking the first minute.

Ghost Pony Rider broke his gaze from Twilight and looked down at the floor. Then Twilight heard him sobbing. Tears of fire dripped from the demonic ponys eyes. Lighting the floor where they dropped. She quickly put them out. Ghost Pony Rider wiped his face and continued.

"One stabbed me, while the other held me up. It...went on fo...for...hours. I lost so much blood, I couldnt move. When they were done, they laughed and said."

Ghost Rider's eyes glowed a firey red. He growled with anger, his chain started glowing and levitatting. Fire grew from his feat. Ghost Rider closed his eyes and took deep breathes. He looked up to see the alicorn staring at him with distress. Ghost Rider continued.

"Never come back..."

Twilight could feel her heart break.

"I tried to walk but every step fell like I could collapse from blood loss. I ventured fro miles, days turned to months, months into years. My fears of returning grew into anger. I wanted to go back and make those pay for what they did to me."

"Did you go back?" Twilight asked.

Twilight asked a question that made the room silent. Ghost Rider started to laugh, Twilight's curiosity turned into fear as she saw the demonic pony laughing like she asked him the most stupidest question in the world. To which he knew the answer.

"OF COURSE I DID" said Ghost Rider with a laugh to follow it.

Twilight gasped as the pony laughed even harder. Twilight by this point didnt want the story to continue knowing the outcome.


The pony stopped as he saw the mare before him covering her face and sobbing with fear. Ghost Rider sat down and looked at the ground.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I can get a little carried away with my powers and how they effect me."

Twilight gave her new friend a painful look and said.

"Um...yeah ya think?"

Each pony sat across from each other looking in another direction. Twilight looked up at the firey skeleton before her. Ghost Rider then continued his story.

"Anyways, eventully I stayed at a inn for a night. Then I met someone. He never said his name but he said he could help with my problem but for a cost, my soul. I immedieatly made the deal with him. I woke up hours later with my skin gone, nothin but bone. Fire was coming from my neck, swarming my head. Also my cutie mark was very, very different. I had a chain in my skull that was sticking out of it. Anyho, I could also run like I was a pegasus who just had an energy drink. Leaving fire where ever I go. When I made to my town, everyone screamed at the site of me. Mares grabbing thier children and running away. Stallions running away like little girls. Those did not distract me from my goal though. I tracked down those that made my life HELL! Once I found them."

Ghost Rider snickered and laughed.

"I made sure they never walked again. I RIPPED THIER EYES OUT! I PULLED THIER HEARTS FROM THIER THROATS! I SHATTERED THIER BONES!"

Ghost Rider shook his head. He then frowned and put his hoof over his neck.

"But was it worth it? The towns called me a monster. They never wanted me to show my face in public again. Then they started calling me names, throwing things, saying they'll kill me. I remember getting so angry...so intense...I just lost it and..."

Ghost Rider was stopped by Twilight who finished his sentence by saying,

"You killed everyone."

Ghost Rider nodded. Twilight felt a little uneasy and a bit scared, she didn't know what to say or do. Twilight wanted to change the subject. She thought for a few minute before asking,

"Well...I'm guessing thats how you got your name?"

Ghost Rider shacked his head.

"No...I got my name for saving citizens from the evil of the land. An old mare who I saved from a pack of Timberwolves told stories about me the next day while I was in a town called, LiarsBurg. She said I was a hero and that all evil should beware. That is when I made a life, or short term decision. I voud to kill those who would spill innocent blood. However, I just want somewhere to call home."

Twilight stared at the pony. She didn't want to believe someone from a town called Liars Burg could give him a name. She then smiled and put her hoof on his shoulder. Ghost Rider looked up at her. Twilight said in a kind and loving tone.

"Now you do."

Ghost Rider gave a surprised look and said,

"WHAT, BUT...I...WHAT IF!?"

Twilight giggled and looked out the window. She said with a smile.

"Come on it wont be that bad"

"You...you sure" Ghost Rider commented.

"Yeah, I mean, what could go wrong?"