• Published 8th Oct 2014
  • 530 Views, 8 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 8 -- Dark Melvain - shysage



The 'Phantom Alicorn' helped Princess Twilight and Equestria face a number of 'bad guys' to varying degrees. But a bully from the past would exact a far greater price...

  • ...
23
 8
 530

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.9, Equestria Girls World

'Our girls' had just left, and were on their way back to a busy day in Canterlot. As I said, my Stallion and I still cried. We knew they were both busy Princesses though.

It was mid-morning in Ponyville.

Princess Twilight suggested we fly some, but I was quickly crying again on Fluttershy's shoulder.

Princess, her girls, my Stallion and I just hugged and cried together for a little while more. We had both missed Princess and her girls more than we realized. And we really do 'take them with us' when we go...

Then we went flying. Flying together is always amazing.

While flying, we found out we had actually been gone for almost two days. I don't think this made much difference, at least we were back.

My Stallion also mentioned wanting to go back to the Equestria Girls world tonight, in order to arrange a time when we could bring Shyna to Equestria to see if we could find her Twin with the Twin Link.

Flluttershy and I both smiled. My amazing Stallion was making this a priority, for my sister's sake.

Princess Twilight went one step further, and suggested that we all go, just for the 'afternoon' Equestria Girls time, which meant we needed to leave a little after midnight tonight. All of the Pegasi present loved this idea, and we quickly landed at the Castle, and mentioned this to the rest of the group. Everypony else loved the idea, and we were all very excited now.

Princess reminded everypony to take a nap today. We would also do what we did last time, gather at the Castle for dinner, nap some more, then leave together, after midnight, through the Portal.

Still, from Equestria Past to Equestria Present to the Equestria Girls world... I told my Stallion I would probably be a mess. He said he already was, then he hugged me.

Everypony headed off at this point. Princess and Filia headed into the Library, and Rarity and Fiona walked off with Pinkie Pie towards the Boutique. Rainbow Dash walked Applejack home, and helped her with her chores.

My Stallion suggested we go back to Fluttershy's Cottage, and Fluttershy and I were quickly weeping softly. He was soon asleep right next to me, outside in the grass near her Cottage, in the warmth of the Sun. Sis and I talked a lot, but also cried together and hugged a lot too. Animal friends just wandered over, played a while, then wandered off.

At one point, I told Fluttershy I was a 'mess', and she said softly that she could tell. We hugged after that.

When Fluttershy and I are together, time passes far too quickly. I love my sister.

As the Sun dipped past the trees, I woke my Stallion up, and the three of us headed slowly to the Castle.

My Stallion stopped us at one point, then he spoke softly to Sis.

"Fluttershy, I am going to try to arrange a 'Twin Link' check of Canterlot to see if we can find Shyna's Twin.

"I am really concerned though...

"First, we need to see if she can even use the Portal to begin with.

"Even if she can come here, we still really don't know if this will work. There could be a lot of reasons why we don't find her.

"I really don't want your feelings to get hurt..."

My Stallion was crying softly now, and we all hugged and cried together.

After a few minutes, Fluttershy tried to talk.

"I know, Shysage, I just want to try at least..."

We cried together a while longer. It was clear to us both that Fluttershy really wanted to take care of 'Equestria pony Shyna' if she existed.

And my Stallion wanted to at least try, too. He loved Fluttershy.

We were soon in the Castle. Dinner was nice, and ten excited ponies tried to nap some more on the floor in the Library. It wasn't working very well. It was pretty quiet at least...

...until maybe midnight, when Filia and Fiona were clearly talking excitedly to their Twins.

Princess Twilight just laughed. Evidently, Princess realized why Filia and Fiona liked to be in the Library at about this time. But she asked that one of their Twins text Twilight Sparkle (Princess' Twin) that we would be there soon.

After this we all knew... Soon, there would be ten excited Twins on the other side of the Portal, too.

And nopony could sleep now, that's for sure.

We tried to wait at least another hour maybe, after Filia and Fiona stopped talking to their Twins.

Then ponies started going through the Portal

My Stallion and I went through last, and together. Less than two days after leaving Equestria Past, we were on our way, through the Portal, to the Equestria Girls world.


The clock in the School lobby said 1:15, so we had a while to wait; the last bell was at 3:00. We just headed to the bleachers, and sat together talking.

Maybe ten minutes later, Principal Celestia headed across the grass towards us with Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight was quickly running, and ran up into the bleachers, and was just as quickly hugging her Twin, Princess Twilight. They were crying too, and some of the rest of us teared up at this point. Being around our Twin is just so amazing...

Twilight Sparkle was the 'substitute' for my Stallion, who was needed to take care of another computer issue. The 'ponies from a different land' needed to stay close to Twilight Sparkle until we returned. Well, nopony had any intention of going anywhere else, anyway.

My Stallion and I both hugged Principal Celestia, then the three of us walked off across the grass, back to the Computer Lab.

We walked quietly into a class still 'in session'; but one of the systems was acting up. The instructor had moved the student to the 'extra' system, which was really handy. They wanted the other computer fixed if possible though.

My Stallion must be really smart. He had the computer fixed in maybe ten minutes. He tracked the problem down to the keyboard, and fixed everything by 'swapping out' the keyboard for a 'known good' one, he said.

Still, my Stallion mentioned to Principal Celestia that there were four or more working systems in the Shop. And out in the hall, my Stallion mentioned that, if they could come up with another table, he would set up another system in the Lab.

After the Computer Lab was back in action, we hugged Principal Celestia again, and she went back to her office.

My Stallion and I headed back out to the bleachers.

On the way I told my Stallion that he was very smart. Well, I smiled, and gave him a kiss too. He just laughed, and said it wasn't 'rocket science'. I quickly answered that it was to me! I don't even know what a 'rocket' is either.

We were soon sitting back in the bleachers, waiting for our Twins with the rest.

I was next to my sister, and she was weeping softly. I just hugged her.

I soon realized though, that these tears weren't for her Twin. Fluttershy and I both absolutely love her Twin, but still... I guess I just knew why she was crying...

"Oh Sis..." I said quietly, and then I was crying too.

"I just want to find her..." Fluttershy said softly while weeping.

Fluttershy was evidently sure that Equestria pony Shyna existed, and therefore Fluttershy was already hurting for her. My amazing sister...

And I knew being around Shyna's Twin would be hard for my Sis...

I just hugged Fluttershy and cried with her, until the last bell. I knew my Stallion would do everything he could to help us find Shyna. That would have to be enough.


The last bell did finally ring, and within maybe ten minutes, all our Twins and Shyna were up in the bleachers, weeping softly together. And this included the Filia and Fiona Twins too. They always came with us now.

Well, my Twin and I were quickly hugging and crying together. My sister, her Twin and Shyna were doing the same thing.

Rainbow hugged and cried with her Twin briefly, then they were soon running around together chasing a Soccer ball. Somehow, Equestria pony Rainbow still had her 'jogging clothes' on, so she fit right in.

Soon after, the magic of Friendship began to mend lives as girls and guys from the School joined us in the bleachers.

Before walking over and joining the guys at the other end of the bleachers, my Stallion asked that Shyna and both Fluttershys come with him. It was time to test to see if Shyna could even use the Portal in the first place.

Both Fluttershys, Shyna, my Twin, my Stallion and I walked together across the grass, around to the front of Canterlot High School, to the Portal wall. Well, I was hugging my Twin the whole way.

Even though there were very few students around by now, my Stallion had us all crowd around.

Then he asked Shyna to just try to put her hand maybe six inches through the Portal wall. He warned her to not go through.

I remembered doing this before, when I brought five Equestria Girls back to Equestria to try to rescue the realm. That was a difficult memory for me. I worked on not crying.

And Equestria Girls Fluttershy was holding Shyna's hand pretty tightly. I don't think she wanted to be away from her Shyna. We all understood. Shyna was her responsibility now, and she loved her deeply too.

Shyna's hand easily went in six inches, and we could all see her hoof past the fluid surface of the Portal. From the brief look, we knew Shyna's Equestria pony coat would be light in color.

Shyna pulled her hand back out right away, and started to cry.

My sister Fluttershy also immediately burst into tears. She already knew what my Stallion said next.

"Sis, it is very likely that Equestria pony Shyna is in Equestria. Still, it could take a while to find her..."

We all gathered around both my Sister and Shyna, and just held them as they cried.

Still, I could not tell if Sis was crying because she was glad that it was very likely that Equestria pony Shyna existed, or if she just wanted even more to take care of this 'abandoned orphan in Equestria that was just like her'. Maybe it was both...

Five minutes later maybe, my sister calmed down some, so we returned to the bleachers. She wept softly most of the rest of the afternoon, so I just sat next to her and hugged her. Well, we spent most of the time crying softly together.

My Stallion gave Sis and I a hug, then walked over to his Twin and the guys at the opposite end of the bleachers, and blended in. He told me later that he listened mostly; his Twin was just being an amazing friend to these students.

And my Twin and my sister's Twin were having an amazing time helping other girls.

But I knew my sister needed me, so I was helping her.

After a little while, Shyna joined us; she was still weeping softly too. We just pulled her into our hug, and we all cried softly together in our little corner of the bleachers.

I was concerned that this might be hard on my sister, especially now. But I think she and Shyna were communicating on a much deeper level, and they both soon calmed down. I can't explain it.

When amazing friends began to wander off, the three of us were just hugging together in silence.

The rest of the evening was a blur. Dinner at the Cakes was amazing, even if we packed their small dining room.

After dinner, we were back at the bleachers. Most of us Soul-Linked with Twins until it started getting dark. Well, the Summers (my Twin and I), the Fluttershys and Shyna just hugged the whole time. Then we just sat together and talked. Twin time is always amazing...

It was soon dark, and we all discussed our next time together. This was the reason we came. Anyway, this was the first plan. Princess Twilight said today was Monday, and this weekend, the Equestria Girls, along with Shyna, would come to Equestria. At some point, my Stallion would supervise a trip to try to find Shyna's Twin.

Equestria Girls Filia and Fiona were clearly 'texting' right away, and quickly got the 'ok' from their mom; they could come too.

Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle made an additional request. she really appreciated when we jogged together when I was here. She asked if we could all jog together after 'friend time' on Friday, before the Equestria Girls came to Equestria. The rest of us realized she was near tears. Evidently this meant a lot to her.

This would mean we had to again come here early on Friday, well early for us Equestria ponies, and join the Equestria Girls in the bleachers for the afternoon. Nopony complained about this, and so this was our new plan.

My Twin (Equestria Girls Summer) said she and her sisters (Fluttershy and Shyna; I smiled.) would take Rarity to the store for more 'jogging clothes', just to make sure everypony had a set.

Equestria pony Shysage asked about whether or not he should mention this to the guys. Nopony thought this would be a problem.

Nine o'clock found everyone all back in front of the Portal. Princess Twilight soon started sending ponies through. My Twin and I realized we had not Soul Linked yet, but this could wait. We hugged tightly for a few minutes though.

Then my Stallion and I went through last and together.


We were all quickly back in Equestria.

Everypony seemed to be doing ok after returning to Equestria. We all knew we would be with our Twins again in a few days.

But it was early in the day in Equestria.

Most were soon walking out the door of the Castle to start their days.

My Stallion looked at me and said "Summer, can we..."

I just collapsed into tears. I had been an emotional 'mess' long enough. I knew I needed my Stallion, and alone. But I think he already knew this, and he was quickly hugging me.

"Princess, can we go up to the top of the Castle for a while?" he asked.

Princess Twilight said "Sure, but I should probably show you the way."

Neither of us had been up there before. Princess led us up some stairs past upper floors, then a long circular staircase to the top deck.

The view from the top of Princess Twilight's Castle is really amazing. I think my Stallion had picked a good spot for us, for a while at least.

Princess was deep in thought herself. Then she tried to put some words together.

"Summer, it is a little scary how important you have become to so many ponies."

Well, I was already crying.

It was otherwise quiet for a minute, then Princess continued.

"I don't mean that in a bad way. You have simply tried to live out true friendship, and have just 'been there' for, well, all of us really."

Princess paused again, looking out across Ponyville, then finished her thought.

"I guess I'm glad you are the Phantom Alicorn. I don't think we would cope very well without you."

Princess said this, then smiled, and gave me a hug.

"Princess Twilight, I really love you..." I said this, still crying. I really wanted to bow, but decided I would just fall over.

"I know, Summer." Princess hugged me again, then headed down the stairs.

After a few minutes, my Stallion changed into a people, so I did too. Then he just looked out across the meadow, across Equestria.

I put my hands over his hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt, and just hugged him from behind, and cried softly, and layed my head against his back. I didn't want to move. I needed him. We were together.

My Stallion moved his hands so they were over mine; and he ended up holding the ring he gave me, and gently rubbed his thumb across the ring, across the tops of my fingers. I just melted.

It was silent for a while.

I knew he was thinking, so I asked.

"I am working on the poem I started in the past, the day I was trying to teach Cel and Lu about poetry. What I have goes like this.

If I could fly from East to West, in search of loving beauty,
I'd never find another near, the Mare that now comes to me.
A Ruby kiss, a heart of Gold, and hands that yearn to serve me.

"I'm still trying to put together the last line for this set though."

I was quickly crying again. I didn't have to ask him if he really meant these words. I knew he did. And I realized that the devotion that we shared in our family (him, me and Cel and Lu) was mostly rooted in his devotion to me... I didn't...

He turned around, and we hugged, and just cried together for a while. Maybe a long while. I think we were both still reeling emotionally from the last maybe five days of our life.

Just my Stallion... Just alone... In each others arms... We both needed this. Right now, I didn't want anything else...

PreviousChapters Next