• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 319 Views, 4 Comments

Whoppers In Equestria - StraightGrizzly



Everybody's favourite malted milk candy makes an appearance in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 4
 319

Whoppers

"Thanks Big Mac!" Twilight said as she began trotting away from the market stall.

He replied with a small nod of his head, and turned his attention back to the crowd of mares and stallions waiting to get their hooves on the Apple Families coveted apples. The bright greens and reds of the fruit in the pre-made baskets were a sought after snack or meal for the ponies of Ponyville, so there was always a crowd in the morning when the stall opened.

Holding the basket in her magical grip, Twilight couldn't hide the pep in her step. It wasn't because of the savoury fruit in front of her, but because she had the whole day to herself. Spike was going to be having a sleepover with the Crusaders in their clubhouse, and decided to head over early so he wouldn't miss out on any of the 'Cutie Mark Crusades' they were going to be going on.

Under normal circumstances, Twilight would be concerned about Spike getting into trouble, or maybe even getting hurt. They were relatively close to the Everfree forest, and most things that come out from that forest are ever friendly. Luckily for her, Applejack promised her that she would check in on them every couple of hours to make sure they weren't up to no good.

She never did understand why the Crusaders built the clubhouse close to the Everfree. Maybe it was because most of their shenanigans involved going into the Everfree to get their Cutie Marks? Or maybe it was because they weren't thinking about where they were building it, but just building it. Wasn't anypony supervising them- "Ah!"

While Twilight was lost trying to make sense of the thought process of a foal, she failed to notice the Library coming into view.
The result was her muzzle connecting with the painted-on candle sconce on the door. The force of the collision caused her to fall on her flank.

She started rubbing the bridge of her muzzle with her hoof while picking up the basket of the apples. At least none of them fell out, she thought as she got up from her sitting position. With a few glances around herself to see if anypony saw her tumble, she assumed nopony saw her and hastily made her way into the Golden Oaks Library.

With a sigh of relief, Twilight closed the door behind her and turned around to take in the relaxing scent of tree bark and pristine condition books. She trotted over to the table set in the middle of her Library and placed the basket of apples on it. She sat down in front of them and closed her eyes, thinking of what she would be doing today. After a couple minutes of thinking, she finally got her answer.

She recalled having a new historical book on a small nomadic tribe of Unicorns before the unification of the three pony races. They were said to be experimenting on a new type of magic that could transform the simplest of materials into pure gold. She didn't know how far they got in their experiments, but she intended to start off where they left off. She might even be able to turn one of her bed sheets into gold?

With her mind set on the task she made for herself, she opened her eyes and made for the bookshelf where the book was residing. At least, she would have, if it wasn't for the odd cardboard box on the other side of the table.

Upon closer inspection, she could tell it wasn't a normal box. The whole thing was a yellow/beige colour, except for the bottom which was coated with numerous small brown orbs. There also appeared to be several different lines of text. The text that caught her attention was the bright red letters that spelled out 'Whoppers', with the O being replaced by one of the brown orbs. Above it was a short message, declaring it 'The Original Malted Milk Balls'.

Is this candy? Twilight thought while picking up the odd carton with her magic. When she picked it up, she heard many of the (what she assumed to be) candies rolling around in the carton. Definitely a strange was to package candy. I've never heard of these before...wait, how did these even get in here? With a few glances around the Library, and a heat detection spell to make a certain blue pegasus was playing a practical joke on her.

She turned her attention back to the box and noticed an arrow indicating where to open it. It's just candy, right? She thought as popped open the carton of milk chocolate goodness. She looked inside to see a large number of the little spheres of candy waiting for her, untouched.

It wouldn't hurt to try one, would it? Using her magic, she fished around inside the box until she pulled out one of the tiny orbs. Here goes nothing. She popped the candy into her mouth and waited. It was supposed to be milk chocolate after all. Eventually, the chocolate started to melt and she soon found herself rolling the ball around her mouth with her tongue.

After the milk chocolate was gone, she was left with malted milk centre. It soon began melt too, leaving her with a grainy pile of malted milk on her tongue. She swallowed the tasty substance and stared at the box in front of her.

That was...pretty good.

She turned her attention over too the bookcase containing the book on the nomadic ponies, then to the carton of 'Whoppers', and finally settled on the desk she uses too study, visible from her seat at the table. She smiled to herself.

I'm going to be having a 'whopping' good time studying today.


Unbeknownst to Twilight, a certain ethereal being by the name of Milton S. Hershey was smiling down at her.

Author's Note:

I HOPE YOU HAD A WHOPPING GOOD TIME. hehehee