• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 1,523 Views, 46 Comments

Trixie's Charms - Nevel



Trixie has returned to Ponyville, but why does the entire town love her so much?

  • ...
2
 46
 1,523

Trixie Returns

It’s a typical Friday afternoon. The sky is clear, the birds are singing, and a little orange filly is riding her scooter through Ponyville at almost uncontrollable speeds. The young pegasus had always loved to go fast, but today was important. She was late for perhaps the biggest event in Ponyville’s history and Scootaloo didn’t dare miss this performance. The citizens of Ponyville were never prepared for the speedy little filly as she’d take numerous shortcuts, weaving in and out between ponies to get to her destination without slowing down. Scootaloo took a sharp turn around a building, narrowly avoiding a young mare leaving the store but as she did, she didn’t see the little purple dragon with green scales step out in front of her. With an almighty crash they both hit the floor pretty hard but fortunately, neither Scootaloo nor Spike was hurt. The orange filly always had her crash helmet on and Spike’s scales were thick and tough, so it would take a lot to hurt him. Spike was the first one to his feet and he walked over to Scootaloo.

"Geez, what's the rush kid?" Spike said, helping Scootaloo back to her hooves. She shakes her head and smiles at the baby dragon. Despite the crash, she’s still in high spirits.

"I'm on my way to see Trixie! I heard she's got a new talent show starting today!"

"Trixie?!" Spike looks surprised. "What's she doing back here? After all she's done I’d thought she’d never come back."

Scootaloo was about to say something else but suddenly there was a popping of fireworks bursting overhead. A loud voice echoed out across the town.

"COME ONE, COME ALL, FOR THE MAGICAL DISPLAY OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!!"

"It's starting!" Scootaloo yelled as she rushed over to her scooter and took off at great speed again, using her wings for an extra burst of speed. Spike was left behind scratching his head. He didn't like Trixie after all she had done, but why would the little filly be so excited to see somepony who once tormented her hero? Spike decided to check it out for himself.

- - -

The ponies of Ponyville were all gathered around a large stage, fireworks exploded above their heads as a blue mare with a long, blue and white striped mane on stage finished her magic trick. Spike looked unimpressed, yet all around him the audience cheered and stomped in approval.

“Wow, have you ever seen such amazing magic?” Scootaloo said from beside Spike.

“Err, yes.” Spike says, rolling his eyes. “Twilight’s twice the unicorn that Trixie is!”

“Pft.” Scootaloo scoffed then turned back towards Trixie. “Yeah, okay.”

Spike looked at Scootaloo with his eyes narrowed. The orange filly with the short purple mane looked up at the stage and watched as Trixie pulled a rabbit out of her hat, leading to a grand ovation from the crowd.

“She’s so amazing! How does she even do that?” Scootaloo was watching the show in awe, as was the rest of the crowd.

What was going on? Spike thought to himself. These tricks aren’t even that impressive. The purple dragon decided he wanted to get some air and tried to step away from the crowd. He saw many familiar ponies in the crowd and just couldn’t understand their glee at these cheap tricks. Not looking where he was going, Spike bumped into the large red frame of Big Macintosh.

“Whoops, sorry Big Mac.” Spike apologized as he picked himself up. “Can you believe these ponies? They’ve all fallen head over hooves in love with Trixie’s magic show. I mean, it’s completely bizarre.”

The red stallion didn’t reply, in fact he ignored Spike and kept looking up at the stage as if he didn’t even notice that he’d been bumped into.

“Hellooo? Anypony home?” Spike waved a claw in front of the stallion but didn’t quite get a response. Suddenly Trixie’s voice called out to the crowd.

“Thank you, my enthusiastic admirers. Now, for Trixie’s next trick, she will need a volunteer.” Every pony jumped up and down raising their hooves, trying to get the attention of the blue unicorn. Big Macintosh especially, who stood head and shoulders above everypony was calling out loudly, trying to get Trixie’s attention. Spike could never remember the stallion being so energetic about anything.

“Yes, you!” Trixie called out over the screaming ponies. “The red stallion wearing that large brown collar!”

Big Mac smiled broadly and pushed his way to the stage. Spike stood there with his mouth agape. It was almost like Big Mac was hypnotised, making him into a giggling filly. Spike then looked over to Scootaloo, who was hopping on the spot trying to get a better view. She’d never shown this much excitement for anything, unless it involved Rainbow Dash.

“Be amazed!” Trixie called out over the crowd, “As the great and powerful Trixie performs a spell like no other. BEHOLD!” The blue mare’s horn began to glow purple as her cape of the same colour decorated with stars began to flap about like a strong wind was blowing through the air, then a bright purple light blasted out from her horn and struck Big Macintosh in the chest. He slowly began to sparkle and then float into the air. The crowd watched in silence as he spun slowly in a circle, then landed back on his hooves. The crowd gasped and murmurs began to rise steadily.

“Isn’t Trixie the most amazing unicorn in ALL of Equestria!?” Trixie smiled smugly as she spoke to the crowd.

The crown began cheering again, louder than ever before. Spike stood there bewildered.

“What was so amazing about that?!” Spike shouted out, but couldn’t be heard over the crowd. The small purple dragon walked away in a huff. “There was nothing impressive about that! She just levitated him about a foot into the air.“

Spike made his way back home to the Golden Oak Library. He wanted to speak to Twilight about this odd behaviour. He opened the door and walked inside but there was no pony there, only all the books, each arranged neatly on the shelves. Not even Owlowiscious was on his perch.

“Twilight? Are you home?” Spike waited a few seconds but there was no response, except for the growling of a very hungry dragon’s belly. “Well, guess that means its lunch time.” The baby dragon walked over to the kitchen looking to make a snack. He opened the cupboards one by one, looking at what they had. Daisies, apples, jam; he didn’t feel like any of these. Upon opening the next cupboard he saw a new box of cereal. Taking it out, the purple dragon held it in front of himself. He’d never seen this before and the first thing he noticed was the blue unicorn, Trixie, wearing a pointed purple hat and cape decorated in stars, and she was smiling at him from the front of the box.

“Trixie’s Charms?” Spike said aloud as looked at it. The front door banged open and the sounds of ponies laughing filled the library. Spike put the box down on the table and ran into the next room.

“Twilight, where have you-“ Spike stopped mid-sentence. Spike guessed that Twilight wasn’t alone, but he never expected to see, Princess Cadance. The pair of Alicorn Princesses were laughing and talking quickly, oblivious to Spike’s presence.

“Her magic was just so incredible.” Twilight said as she strolled into the room.

“I’ll say. Her magic is more powerful than any I’ve ever seen before.” Cadance was smiling happily. “I just had to come and see it one more time after she left the Crystal Empire.”

Spike looked at the two in disbelief. Surely they weren’t talking about Trixie, were they?

“And her skills with levitation are beyond any unicorns before her!” Twilight gushed.

Has everypony gone crazy? Spike thought to himself.

“I know! Maybe she could even raise the sun tomorrow as a special treat for Celestia.”

Spike couldn’t believe this. Twilight, a unicorn gifted with an amazing magical talent that ascended her into becoming an Alicorn Princess and Princess Cadance, the ruler of the Crystal Empire with the power to spread love wherever she went were both fawning over tricks that were only entertaining enough for a foals birthday party!

“What is going on here?!” Spike shouted out loud. They both looked at him, noticing his presence for the first time. Twilight smiled and walked over to her number one assistant.

“Hey Spike! Did you come to Trixie’s magic show?”

Spike looked at her in disbelieve. He couldn’t believe this.

“Yeah I was there, and all I saw was a bunch of-“

“Oh good!” Spike was cut off as Twilight grinned widely. “Did you see her great trick with the flowers appearing in mid-air?”

“What? Twilight, that’s just-“

“What about the card trick!” Cadance jumped in, practically shouting. “We couldn’t believe it.”

“But it’s all-“ Spike tried to say more but they were now ignoring him.

“Oh, and what about her disappearing act?!” Twilight was starting to get giddy as she started talking about the show.

“Or her endless rainbow tissues?” The pink Alicorn with the purple, pink and gold mane was too getting giddy, talking about the show-mare’s tricks.
“How about that spoon bending trick?”

“Oh, that reminds me of her cereal. Those marshmallow bits are just so...” Cadance trailed off and her eyes lost a touch of focus as if she was in a day dream. Twilight looked over to the kitchen where Spike had left the door open and saw the cereal sat out on the table.

“Hey! Wanna have some Trixie Charms?” The lavender princess offered.

“Do I?!” Cadance said, snapping out of her trance and then racing Twilight into the kitchen. They slammed the door behind themselves and Spike was left there stunned. Twilight and Cadance were both acting completely crazy. Impressed by such lame tricks? This was all stuff that both the Alicorn princesses could do. So why were they so amazed? What was going on? He needed to go clear his head. Spike left the library and headed back out into Ponyville.