• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 7,841 Views, 150 Comments

Never Wish - Ximer



Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

  • ...
31
 150
 7,841

A Tall Secret

Applejack seemed nice enough, though I still found it hard to come to terms that I was explaining my story to a small, orange, four legged creature that shouldn't be able to talk. She sat quietly as I recalled what had happened from start to finish.

"So ya woke up here then?" Applejack asked, putting a hoof against her mouth.

"Yeah, and then you showed up...and you've never seen anything like me?" I asked looking at the seemingly endless rows of apple trees.

"Nope, but Ah bet Twilight would know somethin'." Applejack said optimistically.

"I assume this Twilight is another pony?" I asked standing up.

"Yep, she's a princess too." Applejack said proudly.

"Well let's go see this princess then, if you think she can help me get home." I said.

"Whoa there partner, Ah don't think it's a good idea fer the rest of Ponyville to meet ya until Twilight's said so. No offense or nothin' ponyfolk just act differently. Ya don't want to spook them being big like ya are." Applejack said looking up at me.

"Big? You mean tall? I guess that's understandable...why weren't you afraid?" I asked.

"Ah've handled bigger things than you believe it or not. Besides ya don't look like one fer causing trouble, come on." Applejack said motioning for me to follow her.

I could only imagine what she meant by 'bigger things'. I wondered for a split second if that included giant teddie bears with big pink bows on them. As insulting as the thought was, I couldn't picture this tiny pony taking on much else.

Applejack led me to a barn and opened one of the large doors. I got the idea and went inside. The smell of hay was heavy in the air with a few stray rays of sun shining through the occasional hole in the wooden walls of the building. It didn't seem that different from barns on earth, I was still unsure if this was another world or an alternate dimension being unversed in such things.

"Now you wait right here til Ah get back, okay?" Applejack said as she closed the door.

I suddenly felt like roles had been reversed, ponies weren't supposed to be the ones putting humans up in barns. I could think of a million different planet of the ape references. So far there hadn't been any hostility from Applejack but that didn't mean she wouldn't be back with a mob, and a branding iron.

I was unsure how long Applejack had been gone, but when she returned she wasn't alone. There in the door way, was a unicorn with wings folded against her sides. A crown was on her head, a symbol of royalty, or the winner of a beauty contest.

The odd looking unicorn approached me with a smile that was a bit over enthusiastic. I could only assume this was the 'Twilight' pony Applejack had spoken of.

"I had my doubts, but an actual human...how did you get past the mirror?" she asked.

"Mirror? I don't think I came through a mirror...not to be pushy Miss Twilight, I think, but I really need to find a way back home I was hoping you knew a way." I said.

"O-oh, right, but if you didn't come out of the mirror then how did you get to Equestria?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure myself." I replied.

Twilight looked me up and down once more as if she was searching for something she might have missed the first time. Her eyes narrowed which made me more nervous than it probably should have.

"Applejack said your name's Daniel, is that right?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah is that important for some reason?" I asked nervously.

"It's just an unusual name...there may be older magic at work here. Until we know what brought you here I can't send you home." Twilight said.

I couldn't help but sit down on a nearby hay block with a defeated expression on my face. With those words the energy had simply left my body. My mind tried its best to come up with an answer as to why this was happening, but it never produced a suitable one.

"Are you okay?" Twilight asked her hooves making a clacking noise as she approached me.

"No, I'm not. This kind of thing isn't supposed to happen." I said, embarrassed, as I felt a tear escape one of my eyes.

Stress had finally whittled down my resolve and I didn't care anymore. The possibility of being stuck here and never seeing my friends or family was the last straw. I had a life...a boring life, but a life none the less. I wasn't some fearless hero explorer like my sister, this would be right up her alley.

"Hey, it's okay, trust me things will work out." Twilight said placing a hoof against my side.

I took off my glasses and rubbed my temples. I knew she meant well, but it wasn't very convincing, and there were no clues as to what sent me here. I regretted getting mad at my sister, and making that wish, wishes always backfire.

"A wish...I made a wish with some rock." I said catching Twilight off guard.

"Rocks don't grant wishes, right Twi?" Applejack asked.

"Stranger things have happened. This one might have, Daniel I think it's time I introduced you to somepony very important. Even if I can't help I know she can." Twilight said smiling at me.

"Okay...but how am I supposed to get to this pers-err pony?" I asked.

"Leave that to me." Twilight said confidently.

Author's Note:

So yeah, as with the first chapter leave some thoughts.