• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 907 Views, 3 Comments

A Not so Peace of Mind - trinidream



Rarity finds out she switched bodies with another mare. A mare that is the exact opposite of the fashionista herself. Literally. (OC involved)

  • ...
2
 3
 907

Trinity

In this story Princess Luna is not Nightmare Moon and Sweetie Belle and Princess Luna has gone through the time travel thing. This will be important!! :)


Rarity peeked at Spike before she slid her sleep mask over her eyes. “Now, if I start screaming, please come over to my bedside!”

Spike layed down on the carpet beside her bed. “Just sleep Rarity.” He closed his eyes and shifted to become more comfortable. “I promise I will.” Spike saluted to her even though she couldn’t see him.

“Okay...” Rarity felt a little unsure and nervous about what was going to come next. Her eyes fell heavy behind her mask and then she was in a deep sleep.

Spike awoke to a high pitched scream ringing through his ears. “What?” He frantically looked around and Rarity was thrashing around in her bed mumbling.

He stood up and jumped on her bed listening as her mumbling turned into groans. “I am Rarity! I am Rarity!” She screamed at the topped of her lungs.

“Rarity! Rarity!” He started shaking her and began to take her sleeping mask off.

As he slipped her mask past her horn, it began to glow a blindingly dark Purple..

“Uh oh!” Spike looked at the unfamiliar color. “This can’t be good...” Spike took his eyes off of Rarity and yelled. “Rarity! Wake up!” He screamed.

Outside of the Boutique, a bright purple shined through the windows and Spike could hear timber wolves howling in the distance.

Rarity’s eyes flashed open Completely White but then closed as Spike jumped in fright. As soon as she stopped screaming the mysterious powers around her horn shorted out in a blink of an eye.

The dragon felt uncomfortable as it suddenly became quiet in the bedroom. Spike was so shocked that he was shaking all over.

Rarity’s eyes blinked open again and they were their normal everyday Royal blue. However, she seemed confused. “Wha-” Rarity looked around hyperventilating. “What?” She yelled obviously shocked herself.

“What?” Spike interjected.

“Where am I?” It seemed like she hadn’t heard his question. She screamed in his face. “Who are you?” She yelled. It was obvious that she was frightened and she immediately started shifting making the uncomfortable ambiance more awkward. The pony finally fell out of the bed when she tried getting away from Spike taking the dragon along with her.

She ran over to the mirror in the bedroom and gasped. “More importantly, who am I?” She trotted back to the dragon and looked furious. “Was this your doing?” She demanded.

Spike blinked his eyes a couple times trying to grasp the situation. “Okay, Rarity I know you don’t like playing games but-”

“You think I am playing a game!” The Pony grunted and shifted towards the mirror.

She sighed trying to calm down. “Okay...” She heaved a couple times and looked into the dragon’s eyes. “Who are you?” She said it simply and clearly.

Spike looked at Rarity questioningly, “I’m Spike!” He yelled.

Rarity walked off over to the bed. “Well, no need to shout...” She looked out the window and saw it was still night out. She sighed and went back over to the bed glancing at her cutey mark. “Diamonds?” She stopped and jumped on the bed.

Spike smacked himself in the head and then wished the other mane six were there with him. “Yes...” He trailed off not knowing what to say. “How about we go back to sleep and see how you are in the morning.” He smiled looking at the pony on the bed.

She sighed looking at a strand of her curly mane. “Okay...” She then shifted her gaze to the pillows and put her head down on them.

Spike layed down on the carpet trying to find his previous position. “Good night.” He whispered.

Rarity flung her blankets over her unRarity-Like and smiled sheepishly. “Goodnight...” She sighed. “Oh! Wait!” She gasped.

“What?” Spike asked.

“Who am I?” She leaned over the side of her bed at the dragon.

“Rarity...” Spike grumbled.

She repositioned herself on the pillows and looked at the ceiling. “Rarity...” She sighed. “Okay.” She smiled.


The morning sun drifted in from the library’s windows but the Princess was already awake and reading.

“I wonder how Spike and Rarity made out last night...” Twilight wondered.

A slam of the door made her stop reading in her tracks.

“Twilight!” Spike’s voice sounded from the door. “We got a problem!” Spike pushed a sitting Rarity towards Twilight. “She doesn’t remember anything!”

Rarity looked around and walked along the shelves.

Twilight walked up to Rarity keeping pace with her friend. “Rarity?” Twilight walked in front of her and she stopped.

Rarity sighed. “I am not Rarity.” She looked down at the ground.

“Uh...” Twilight seemed puzzled. “Then who are you?” She asked.

Rarity laughed nervously looking around the library. “My name is...” She trailed off. “Uh...Trinity Dream...” She looked down at the floor once more.

Twilight looked at her and wondered if this was one of Rarity’s rare pranks. “Hmm...” She walked around her Library obviously looking for a book. “Hold on...” She looked up onto the top shelf. “There it is!” She levitated a book down onto the table and sat down. “Rar-” She stopped herself. “Er, I mean...Trinity, come here.” She gestured to beside her.

“Alright!” Rarity galloped over and sat down next to the Alicorn. However, her eyes were fixed on her wings. Then, her eyes lit up like Christmas lights. “Oh my, how could I be so foolish! You are Princess Twilight Sparkle!” She laughed.

Twilight rolled her eyes and looked at the page. “Yes. Now...” She read the spell on the page and looked at her friend. Twilight’s horn started glowing. “This is going to feel a bit funny.” She shined her horn toward the mysterious pony and a purple glow shot out from it.

The laser of magic surrounded Rarity and she changed from the normal white and purple maned pony to a Blue Pony in an instant with a very interesting cutey mark.

Twilight collapsed then and the Aura around Rarity disappeared making her turn back to her original appearance.

Twilight’s eyes shut heavily and both of the witnesses looked at her in fright. “Twilight?” Rarity’s voice ran through her ears almost like a song. “Are you okay?” That time it echoed.

Twilight stood up opening her eyes weakily. “Yeah...” She held her head as it swayed back and forth. “Well, at least I know that you’re telling the truth...”

Rarity smiled and laughed. “You thought I was lying?”

Spike walked over to the pair of them. “Well, it did seem a little far-fetched.”

Rarity grunted and stomped her hoof. “Well...” She watched as Twilight regained her previous posture.

“What was the last thing you remember when you were in your own...” The Princess didn’t know how to put it. “Body...” She finished.

“Well, I just said goodnight to my dragon Whimsy and-”

“You have a dragon too?” Twilight interrupted.

“Yeah.” Trinity smiled sheepishly. “He’s my best friend...”

“What- How did you...” Twilight looked at her and grinned. She wanted to know more. “Did you enroll in Princess Celestia’s school of magic?”

Rarity’s head bowed low to the ground. She sighed. “My parents signed me up saying it would be good for me. I went in confident, but when I noticed I had to hatch a dragon’s egg...” She trailed off. “I couldn’t do it...” She looked at Spike and grinned a bit. “I ended up doing a transport spell on the egg to my home. After that, they failed me thinking I sent it to another world instead.” She finally looked up at Twilight and her frown came back. “But when I got home, I found the Egg on my desk. So, not knowing what to do, I studied and learned how to hatch it...”

“Did you ever go back and show them?”

“No...” She studied the floor boards a little then. “I was too scared they would accuse me of stealing and throw me in the dungeon, so I kept Whimsy a secret...” She glanced at the table. “My parents don’t even know about him...”

“Oh.” Twilght smiled and tilted her head up. “Well, anyways... You told Whimsy goodnight?” She prodded.

The pony smiled. “I talked to him about the gorgeous pony I saw when I was visiting Canterlot-” She cut herself off when she noticed something. “Uh oh!” She looked at Rarity’s hoof and made a face. “Rarity!” She heaved a bit. “It was Rarity I saw... Oh my goodness... I must have performed one of my night spells on her.” The pony panicked and ran around in circles.

Twilight tilted her head and squinted one eye. “Night spell?”

Rarity stopped running and sat down. “I used to do these nightly practices with my sister...” She trailed off. “Sometimes, if I wasn’t careful, or if I was unfocused I would lose control of my powers...” She stated.

Twilight gasped. “So you lost control of your powers? Oh no...” Twilight put her hoof to her chin thinking. “So where’s Rarity?”

Trinity gasped and looked out the window. “In my place...”

Spike walked over. “Where’s that?”

“Fillydelphia...” Trinity finished.

“Oh boy...” Twilight’s voice was tiny.

“She’s not going to have a good time either...” The other pony frowned.

Author's Note:

Well, here is chapter one of my FIRST MLP FANFIC!! Well, I have others that I wanna put up but, I haven't got around to it yet. And this one is the first fanfic of My little pony I wrote.
Please leave a comment. I am new to fimfiction, so please act kindly.