• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 287 Views, 3 Comments

Lifted - BewhoUr



When an ancient curse is released, two unlikely allies must find a way to find it- and stop it- before all of Equestria is blinded by greed.

  • ...
 3
 287

Lifting

"Button!"

A sharp but slightly amused voice rang down from the top of the paneled wooden stairs and somehow found its way around its intended receiver. In fact, it's receiver was not in the mood to be interrupted. He leaped from brick to brick, a scroll clenched tightly between his teeth as the hydra chased after him. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he increased speed and shot a flaming arrow back towards the monster whom was chasing him. The hydra managed to dodge it as he began to catch up with the hero, but the second arrow found its target perfectly and left the hydra falling into dark oblivion. He smiled triumphantly as he looked back, nodded, and charged the rest of the way to the house of the Enchanter, the master that his king had ordered him to deliver the scroll to. The Enchanter was a strange mare indeed. She was very secretive and spoke in riddles, in addition to her house being full of odd artifacts, plants, and remedies. He pounded on the door and waited excitedly, panting. The large, door with ancient symbols carved delicately into it swung open and Enchanter snatched the scroll from him. She began to read, peering at the dusty parchment when she gasped and said,

"Brave warrior! You must listen! You are the only one who can-" The mare's eerie voice was cut off as the screen flickered out. Button slammed the controller down as he looked at his mom, who was standing at the edge of the TV with a plug hanging from her mouth.

"MOM!" Button cried, his eyes watering. "Now I'll never find out what I have to do to save Proldon! The Enchanter called me a brave warrior!" Button's mom flicked an ear and stared at him in confusion and annoyance.

"Its a school night Button. Its time for you to get your head out of these silly games and go to bed!" She slammed a hoof on the ground. "Come on Button." Button looked back at the controller in regret and padded to his mother, his head hanging down as he sighed, nodded, and walked up the stairs with a defeated look on his face.

"She called me a brave warrior. The Enchanter!" Button began to stomp more angrily to his room, his eyes wondering the mysterious patterns on the wallpaper as he replayed the event in his head. "What am only I destined to do?" he wondered, his mind beginning to drift. Suddenly he spied a piece of flaking blue wallpaper. "Gee, I thought mom promised to get this fixed a while back." He rolled his eyes as he pushed it back into place. He heard a click. "I didn't know wallpaper... clicked." He shrugged and started to walk on the his room, feeling confused and tired. Suddenly his hooves were in midair and the wallpapered hall fell out from around him and he fell into blackness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A cloaked figure stood in a dark passage-way with dirt walls and very minimal light, her eyes gleaming as she carefully set down a black bottle down on the table in the middle of the passage.

"Those ponies are a bit dull I fear, their house is falling apart. You will be safe here my dear, I have now played my part." The cloaked figure threw her head back to reveal a zebra's head, a smile on her face as she walked to the start of the passage. It had been built by her great grandparents, a tunnel in the ground for use of a safe chamber to hide what needed to be hidden. A house had been built over it, but the ponies there were to dumb to get their house fixed up. And now that Zecora had found the curse, disguised as a simple beauty spell, she was confident that it and the tunnel would never be found. If it was, and the curse was released, all of Equesria would be enveloped in a sense of envy, eating it from the inside out. But that would never happen. Unless... her pupils grew into golden slits and she flattened her ears to the back of her neck as she whipped her head around. What was that sound? She gasped as she saw the ground opening up above the table, the dirt spilling down with a brown colt. Zecora's heart skipped a beat as the colt fell on the table, and looking dizzy, tipped the bottle over the edge. "No! It simply cannot be! Equestria is in danger now you see!" Zecora watched the black smoke drift from the bottle and out of the chamber with the ambition of a king in its gliding swirls of darkness as she glared coldly at the colt. Button rubbed his head and looked up. Where was he? He straightened the cap on his head, and as he saw Zecora for the first time, something connected in his mind.

"Enchanter!" He yelled, jumping off the table and running to Zecora. "What was your message for me?!" Zecora backed away and pinned her ears.

"What you have done could not be worse! You have gone and unleashed the curse!" Button gasped and backed away, his ears flattening against his head. Suddenly, he remembered that he was a brave warrior. He shouldn't be afraid of the Enchanter! So he straightened up, pricked his ears and walked up to Zecora with the highest of dignity.

"What shall I do now Enchanter?" Zecora's face burned with anger. Not only had this simpleton pony broken the bottle and released the curse, but now he was calling her Enchanter! What a very stupid name! And asking her how he could help?! Zecora took a deep breath, reminding herself that he was just a colt.

"I don't know if I should let you do anything my dear. You have already caused the problem I fear! In that bottle which you tipped, the smoke of an ancient cursed dripped. Now that it has been set free, it will eat Equestria with greed and envy." Button looked shocked.

"I... I did that? I'm so sorry!" But he was supposed to be the brave warrior of Proldon! How could he have done that?! Zecora only nodded and looked up.

"This is bad, I fear the worse. A long quest of danger leads to the reverse." Button immediately jumped up.

"I can help you with the quest!" Zecora sighed and glared at the colt.

"I'm afraid this is serious. You must be stupid or delirious. I need to do this alone, to face the beast on my own." She then walked off and left Button staring at her.

"But... I'm the only hope for Proldon!"

Author's Note:

I got a weird idea and put it to words. Thanks for reading! Please like, dislike, comment, fave, save for later, do whatever!

Comments ( 3 )

Seems intriguing, I shall watch this tale unfold. May you hope that others are not so cold. I have seen few errors here and there, but don't worry, they're almost everywhere. And all shall succumb too greed and envy? Where this story leads, we shall see.

vary interesting in deed may we see what deed lies in need.

Can't wait for the next chapter

Login or register to comment