• Published 15th Sep 2014
  • 1,835 Views, 23 Comments

PonyPOV Series: Mixing of Trixie - Alex Warlorn



The origins of the Alicorn Amulet and how it connects to Trixie's family, Trixie's love of costume, and who WAS Trixie in G3?

  • ...
2
 23
 1,835

Episode 213: First Half Of Trixie: Abra-ca-dabra

Pony POV Series:
The Mixing Of Trixie
By Alex Warlorn

My name doesn't matter, because you'd have never heard of me. My mother was in Ms Hackney's class, but she never stood out, never made friends, she didn't meet my dad until collage. She certainly never made friends with Miss Starlight and the rest of the Wish Seven. That's what they're called on TV right?

I don't have many friends either. Other foals, and even most grown-ups, think I'm weird for telling ghost stories at Christmas time. Don't they know years ago ponies used to tell ghost stories all the time? Where do you think a Christmas Carol came from?

They think I'm just making stuff up and I shouldn't make up stories and pretend they're true.

If I was an adult, they wouldn't think I was lying.

And when I tell ghost stories at Halloween which has Christmas in them, ponies think I'm being… dunno what but I don't think it's good.

If I was an adult, I bet they wouldn't think that.

On Halloween, you can be whatever you want to be.

That's the fun part. As you dress up in costumes to scare away evil spirits for All Saints Day, no one judges you underneath the mask.

I wish every day could be Halloween for me. And all wishes can come true now, thanks to the Light Rainbow the Wish Six were given by the Ponies of Magic.

It's the big day, time for our wishes to come true.

I don't know what my parents wish for. And I don't have any brothers or sisters, I feel alone.

The rainbow comes, everyone else is confused or scared, I'm not. The rainbow tells me how everything is going to be okay, that my wishes will come true.

I run to the living room mirror, I have to see this. What I looked like before doesn't matter. I don't care about that. What I'm becoming is what matters.

My coat turns light purple (light violet?), my mane becomes bright blond. No it doesn't have any other colors, just blond, and it's pretty. My eyes are sparkling green now. I become pretty. I'm getting bigger, I'm growing up! Heeheheheh! Bigger and bigger, and now I'm a mare! I'm a... what did the magic ponies call us? Right! I'm an Earth pony mare!

My flanks tingle and sparkle, and... eheheh... three pieces of yellow and orange candy corn, and four pretty stars scattered about! I love it! It's so me! And I understand. It doesn't mean I'm good at candy or looking at stars. Halloween itself is my special talent. Heheheh! It's like a magic show! First I'm ordinary me, then abracadabra I'm the me I wanted to be!

I trust the rainbow, the rainbow is kind, the rainbow is generous, the rainbow is honest, the rainbow is loyal, the rainbow's magic makes me laugh. And I know I'm special, the rainbow loves me.

Hiiiii! Never seen you before! Welcome to my spooky house, welcome to Ponyville! What a funny dream! I'm Abra-ca-dabra! My birthday is in October! My favorite gem is opal. My favorite colors are black and white together, and my favorite thing to do is dressing up for Halloween!

You haven't heard of me? Well if you're new to Ponyville that's easy enough. You heard of Pinkie Pie, Minty, Kimono, Wysteria, Razzaroo, Rainbow Dash and the rest and not me? I admit I don't go on any of the picture adventures they do.

You've heard of Cotton Candy and Sweetberry, Triple Treat, Daffidazey, Sparkleworks and Sunny Daze, Storybelle, Fiestra Flair, but not me?... They didn't mention me at all? Well there are lots of Ponies in Ponyville: Cream Cocoanut, Merriweather, Fizzy Pop, Peachy Pie, Glitter Glide, Moondancer... You've SEEN THEM around Ponyville, but you've never seen ME around Ponyville?

Well... I guess... maybe... I... never really... come out... except for... Halloween? Doesn't anypony visit me? That's silly of course they... on Halloween they do... Any OTHER day? Uh, no? I don't think so? Maybe?

Do I go out and get food or is it delivered? I, don't, know.

Halloween is my life. Halloween is why I'm here. Halloween is the only day for me. There are no other days out of the year.

It's the only day I know, it's the only day I remember, it's the only day I'm here. It's my favorite holiday. It's my only holiday. It's the reason I'm here.

Every day is Halloween for me.

Hey! Hey! Wanna see my scrap book?! I have lots and lots of photos of the girls in their costumes! Here's Starsong as a witch. Here's Scootaloo as a flower. Here's Pinkie Pie as a seapony, or at least I think that was a costume. How do I fit them all in? I...don't know. I just never run out of room.

Wish I had been there in person when Pinkie Pie's unicorn costume got ruined and everyone chipped in with pieces of their own costumes and all it took was a little imagination to make it a beautiful butterfly costume.

No matter how things get messed up, everything turns out all right in the end.

And here's Pumpkin Tart as a mouse. Here's Fairy Fun as a breezie even if she's normal size for a pony (I think Zipzee actually went as a Pegasus that year!). And here's Lovely Ladybug as, well, a ladybug!

What? You've never heard of those ponies either? What are their favorite things to do? Dress up for Halloween of course! Like me!

Pumpkin Tart's birthday is in November, her favorite color is orange, her favorite gem is topaz. Fairy Fun's birthday is in October, like mine, her favorite colors are black and white, like mine, she likes candy corn. Lovely Ladybug's birthday is in November, she likes orange and black, and she likes popcorn balls.

That doesn't tell you anything about them? It's stuff ABOUT them, but not who they are? I don't understand.

Well, do you like my house? My house, do you like it? Really big isn't it? Makes a great spooky house at night. No, I live here alone, lots of empty rooms. Pumpkin Tart and the others sleep over sometimes, and sometimes I sleep over at theirs. Yes my nights are always a full moon, and the stairs always creak at just the right time. I always have jack-o-lanterns and candy ready, though Triple Treat helps, and so does everypony, it's all about doing stuff together right?

Wait! If everyday is Halloween for me, that means today is Halloween! I'd better get ready!

Ta-da! How do you like my witch's costume? Don't I make a great and powerful witch pony? Black with an orange strap, I made it myself.

Isn't it amazing how a hat and cape and some imagination are all it takes to create a witch for Halloween?

Can you help me set up the ghosts? Thanks! Sadly I don't have any real ghosts, I think maybe, maybe/maybe not makes it fun right?

If it's Halloween all the time for me, why do I set the decorations up each day? Because it's part of the fun of course!

Thanks! The rest of my friends should be here soon! Can you help carve these jack-o-lanterns? Thanks! Those are... interesting… a ghost holding a cross and a ghost carrying a really big bomb? Like Sparkleworks' fireworks? Those are certainly special!

But you need costumes! You're wearing costumes? What of?

Pony costumes? Ha-ha! That's great! I think Minty did that one year too! I gotta say your cutie marks are interesting!

The number four, so you're good with numbers? And you got a cloud shaped like a mushroom, you grow vegetables in the clouds? You don't like vegetables? But all ponies have to have a balanced diet to grow big and strong.

I got lots of extra candy, want some? You sure like the pop rocks.

Come on, let me take you trick or treating! You'll love it! Minty of course always gives green mints and green apples. Rainbow Dash lives rainbow swirl candies. Cotton Candy… go ahead guess, ha ha!

Candy bags check, flashlight check. Now remember not to eat any candy until you get it home and it checked by a grown up, and only visit houses of ponies you know, and don't go into a Halloween party without asking your parents permission first! Okay now out the door and here we go!

What? I don't understand.
What's going on? Is this a super-extra-special Halloween trick?
Where's the ground?
All there is, is my house and stars above and below.

No moon in sight. Where did it go? Did it get lost?

What do you mean those aren't stars? Take a closer look?

My friends? They're glowing… But they don't look like my friends. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo aren't little girls, Rainbow Dash isn't a flying pony, and Rarity isn't a grown-up. Pinkie Pie just looks a little different though...

Look at everypony, they look like they're sleeping, but they're all floaty and see through… I try to shape Rainbow Dash, but my hoof goes through her, like she was, (or I was), a ghost.

"I'm sorry Abra', I'm afraid you'll soon be less than a ghost. It is the only way."

Sorry? What you mean you're sorry? Only way? Only way of what?

And even though we haven't gone trick or treating yet, you take off your costumes, the best costumes I've ever seen, because it isn't an earth pony and a pegasus pony in front of me now.

Now it's a super big pony, I think he's called... whatever Spike and Storybelle's dragonfly are... the thing that isn't a girl. Your cutie mark stays a number four through. And you have wings of a pegasus and horn of a unicorn. Why do you have a noose around your neck? Nice crown, but why is it all thorny?

And the other friend, he doesn't have a cloud shaped like a mushroom for a cutie mark, he doesn't have any cutie mark, Like Spike and Whimsey.

He looked like he had the rear legs of a buffalo, a bull, the tail of a monkey, the arm of a gorilla, and is that a tentacle like big scary sea monsters that attack ships at night have? His wings were one lizard crest and one dove wing. Reminds me of Pinkie Pie's butterfly costume, so many different pieces brought together into one.

Those were really super-good costumes you had before. I'd have never guessed this was what you looked like. Shape-shifting so it wasn't really costumes? Oh. Too bad, I wanted to ask you for tips.

Your name is Pensilis? Penny-Silly? Pencil-less? Mind if I just call you Pen? Thanks. Your name is Destruction? That's a weird name. Sorry I didn't ask for your names before. That was really rude of me to do to new guests. You made it so I wouldn't think to ask? Why'd you do that? Oh. I see.

But can you PLEASE tell me what's happened to Ponyville? What's happened to my friends? And now I'm supposed to fix it?

That's a pretty glowing red ball you have in your mouth Destruction like Rudolph the red nose reindeer, do you know Santa?… My house! What did you do? Making others ponies houses vanish isn't very nice!

~*~

"I gotta admit," said Destruction, "When my brother Anarchy slept through when I was given the job of setting off the Big Bang that one time, I was pretty upset. But I'll say it's funny that you slept, er, I mean time skipped right past the end of the world."

"End?" I asked confused. "What do you mean the world ended? Worlds don't end. That's just silly!"

"Due to your selective chronic presence, you 'skipped over' your world being reset and your friends being... prepared for the new world. Right now, they're waiting for time to catch up with them." Said Pen, he sure looked sad. "You are the last source of the paradox. I'm sorry, it's the only way."

"Yer buddies Fiesta Flair and Puzzlemint were national stereotypes. You on the other claw? You and ponies like you? You're a note pony, a holiday pony. You're kept in a box three hundred and sixty-four days out of the year. You can't fit into the new world. You're a gimmick best left forgotten. To sum up: We can't let a cliche holiday themed character like you in, that would be just embarrassing!"

"Destruction!"

"I'm being honest. Do you think I'll lie to a new friend when it's the last time she'll know anything?"

"Know anything? I don't understand!" I cried out, I felt scared, and not in the fun way.

Destruction took a scroll and a pair of glasses and read. "Miss Throw-Away-Character, Blah blah blah, your universe had too many plotholes, blah blah blah, your universe got rebooted, blah blah blah, now it's time to separate you into your spiritual base components, blah blah blah."

"Destruction!"

"Sorry," he said sadly now. Princess Rarity when Cheerilee told her to settle down.

"I'm sorry Abra'," said Pen, "I'm so sorry. But if you exist when time catches up, it'll damage reality, and the paradox will begin anew. And unfortunately, your unique existence didn't give you a chance to grow enough like some of your other friends to be able to fit into the world. This life of yours must be made not to count."

"Not to count?" My lip quivered and I don't know why.

"To have never happened at all," Pen said, "Your world was perfect for everyone, but everyone has a different definition of perfect, the world twisted into knots, and threatened to spread through-out existence. Twinkle Wish was meant to bring balance to this, but she was too little too late. So everything has to be undone, your Ponyville, your world, your friends. Everything."

"Stop saying sorry!" I hear myself say. I'm not used to hearing sorry sound like a bad thing. "It's like if you say sorry enough times it'll stop being a bad thing!" I'll admit, I didn't really understand ANYTHING they were saying! All I knew was that they had made Ponyville go away, and now they wanted to make me go away. Because everything was too nice? That's stupid.

"Hey, I don't like this any more than you did, Abra," said Destruction, how...sympathetic? he seemed made me shudder. "No big BOOM to end it, just fading quietly into Ma? At least the dinosaurs and Centaurs got to go out with a big bang! I HATE ending things like this! Strife had the right idea over on Butterfly Island! Be glad your house got to go that way."

Then it isn't just me, Destruction, and Pen here anymore. It's just the stars that are really my friends, but aren't my friends, and the blackness... but... I can still see the new arrivals.

Faded and see through, but not glowing, it feel colder just with them here. They climb out of the invisible ground (or I think it's ground) like zombies. But they don't look like they want to dance. They're shaped like ponies, but... it felt like all the world was paper, and I was looking at cut out holes in it.

"What are those things?!" I heard myself gasped.

"Don't you recognize them?" Destruction shrugged. "Meet your new neighbors."

Recognize them?

. . . "TOOLA-ROOLA! STARSONG! FIESTA FLAIR! PUZZLEMINT! All you guys! What happened... to... you?"

They looked like my friends. But... they're empty, the looks in their eyes... aren't looks at all... it's like their shadows being projected against a canvas.

Ones that look like Pumpkin Tart, Fairy Fun, and Lovely Lady Bug were with them too. No. I-I think I'm crying.

Did the one that look like Puzzlemint... speak? "Abra… run."

"There is nowhere to run, I'm sorry," Pen sighed.

Destruction waved at them. "Sorry empty foot-prints of existence, you don't get this one, her existence's light is going back to for another go with the big mama. You can hang out with what's left."

Then red beams of light shot out of Destruction's eyes, and they hit two of the empty-hole-pony-shapes that looked like a pair of identical twins I didn't know... and they were... gone...

Destruction made a pose. "Boo-ya!"

"What...what did you..."

"Don't sweat it, they're not alive, they're not even really a 'they', they're what's NOT there."

"Not alive? But then..." And it was like a protective wall that had surrounded me all my life fell away and I understood. I trotted back a little. "You're going to kill me... "

"Surprised you know what that word means," Destruction stated, giving a small frown. "No, sorry. You don't get to go BOOM, you get to go-" he then made that noise like when you want to speak but the words get caught in your throat.

"I'm sorry Abra, your light must return to Mother, and your shadow discarded. Your existence can not function in the shape reality will take. If you were allowed, you'd be seen as an infection by the new reality, you'd suffer a worse fate, and this would happen anyway."

"But what about my friends you . . . you made different?" I trembled.

"They had enough strength of heart, or strength of soul, or enough individuality, they could be remade for the new world, or join with one of those sacrificed for your world's existence, or one of the others erased, to grant both a chance at another life. . . . As Twinkle Twirl's shadow joined with Sky Wishes to become something new. Your heart is not a song Abra, it is a single note, I'm sorry little pony. Merging with a shadow that is not compatible is not a fate you'd wish on anyone. It is a slow end worse than death."

"Dude, why are we explaining all this to her? Let's not draw this out yo. Let's just do the deed and be done with it. When the end comes it should be quick."

"If the task must be done, the least we can do is answer why."

I didn't ask if I had a say in this . . . I realize I don't, and it makes my heart drop out from under me.

The pony shapes that weren't my friends trotted closer to me, not stopped.

"Hey Penny, it looks like they don't mind the 'worse than death' thing for conjoining with the holiday special one-shot. They want to go out with a flash instead of lingering like a forgotten memory, I'm happy to oblige! Bada-Boom!"

He snapped his fingers. A giant cloud like his cutie mark appeared in a flash of light, with a bang louder than any of Sparkleworks' fireworks, and a wind strong enough to fly a kite as big as Ponyvile. The two big not-girls didn't budge, but I was knocked over over hooves.

When the smoked cleared . . . there was a pony shape that was yellow with a green mane, she had a big piece of red jewelry around her neck. With a big bubble around her and the other pony shapes.

"To be able to become aware of yourself and make your own choices is to have a soul. It was erased like the rest of us. Even in oblivion it's loyal."

"Dangit babe, I'm not Strife, I don't like to draw things out over some 'go down fighting' crude. But keep throwing yourself over the cliff if ya to that badly." Little glowing pointy things appeared on his ape arms finger tips. "Zap-zap!"

The sharp glowy things hit the bubble and it shattered instantly. Then lots of lightning came out of the necklace at Destruction, but Destruction just zapped them all before they hit. . . . Wow. He's faster to react than lightning? I wonder how he'd do with the breezies, they're always saying they're as fast as light, but I though they're joking . . .

They threw lots of flashy stuff at each other, more stuff than I could count! I think Destruction was smiling at all the big explosions.

"Just accept nothingness babe, it ain't too bad once you get used to it."

"Never."

"NOW who is drawing things out Destruction!? Just end Abra's suffering! Stop playing games!" Pen shouted.

One of the bolts from the necklace hit Pen in the leg, he gasped out, and one of his legs turned to gold. It was like it weighted a zillion tons cause he couldn't move.

"Are you okay?!" I asked seeing him hurt. Why wouldn't I of? He's hurt. Why wouldn't I ask?

"I'll be fine. I wanted your last moments to be happy Abra, I'm sorry everything fell apart. I apologize."

"First come! First serve!" Shouted the thing that looked like Toola-Roola. And all of the pony-shapes rushed towards me. They were avoiding the sleeping stars of my changed friends like my changed friends were muddy puddles and the pony shapes had good dresses on.

Pen's horn glowed, and pointy thorns formed a fence around us.

The pony-shapes behind pressed those in front into the fence, trying to push them threw, or climb over it.

"Stop it! This won't change anything! It's pointless! Didn't you hear what they said? Forcing together with Abra will make things worse!" Shouted the shape that looked like Puzzlemint. She tried to pull them back, she got back hoofed and kicked away.

"Puzzlemint!"

"That . . . isn't Puzzlemint. That's an empty space left behind from her light returning to Mother."

Big round tubes appeared around Destruction, and fire came out of them, like dragon breath, and big round balls like bon bons but made out of metal. How were you supposed to eat candy like that? He shot a lot of really big fireworks at her next.

Around the pony shape with the necklace, thunder, pointy ice, lightning, balls of fire, shot everywhere too . . . One of Destructions big fireworks and a giant rock thrown by the pony shape hot each other . . . . and the big fireworks rocket was knocked off course straight at a sleeping purple unicorn star.

"No!" Pen shouted, and his horn glowed again, and a half bubble formed around the sleeping purple unicorn, the fireworks rocket hit, and it exploded not like any fireworks I've seen before, not really at all. The bubble faded, but the sleeping unicorn was fine.

"Destruction! Stop!"

"Ooooh yeah! Mass destruction!
Baby Baby! Baby baby!
It's a stallions world!" Destruction sang. It wasn't like any song I'd ever heard. What does wrapping paper have to do with anything? It was like he was off in his own world.

" . . . This is horrible." Pen whispered as the shadows kept trying to push their way in through the thorns. Pen coughed . . . why did he cough up gold?

"Pen are you-"

"This body is damaged, I'll be fine after I see Mother. But the others! Destruction has lost himself and the shadow of Magic Star is not going to give up. Your friends are helpless, they'll be killed if this fight goes on."

"Can't you do anything?"

"If it was any Draconequus except Destruction maybe, but I'm not a warrior. This wasn't supposed to be a battle. This was supposed to be a peaceful outlet for him. When he gets like this, he'll obliterate anything that gets in the way of his release. I am sorry."

"Why isn't he stopping? Does he want to hurt my friends?"

"Destruction's nature is to destroy, and he is a slave to his nature even more so than any other concept. If he doesn't destroy, then the urge builds up in him. He hasn't been able to destroy much since your world began. That long since he's destroyed something to sate his need."

"That sounds awful..."

"...As hard as it is for an innocent mind to understand, Abra...Destruction is a part of creation. If old things can't be destroyed, new things cannot be made. If this battle isn't stopped, then your friends will pay for it. And Destruction himself will pay the price for killing your friends before they have a chance to live. So I'll pay for it instead."

"What?!"

Pen's horn kept glowing, and it kept creating those half bubbles to protect the little pony stars from the ever bigger and more wild spells.

"I don't mean it like that." Pen forced himself to stand up. "I'm self sacrifice, I'll do what I was born to do. I can't teleport something as powerful as Destruction from here remotely, I have to take him with me."

"But you said he'd-"

"It'll be me, and not your friends. Stay within the ring until your light is returned to Mother."

"Can't you call for help?"

"This place is nowhere and nowhen. It can't be called to or from."

"Wait!!! You said, you couldn't teleport something big like Destruction, what about something little like me? You said if those… not ponies, matched up with someone else they become new right? So, uh, Magic Star would stop fighting right?"

"Haven't you heard what I've said filly? Your fate will be unspeakable trying to join with a pony your aren't aligned or balanced with."

"She's super magical, I'm not magical, that works right?"

"This isn't a word game!"

" . . . Those stars . . . they're . . . are they still my friends?"

"Your friends lights...they're a part of them."

"Then please let me help them."

" . . . If that is your choice."

"No 'I'm supposed to be erased?'" I asked, surprised by it being easy.

"I'm Self Sacrifice, desiring to puts you within my concept… Embrace her, nothing else to it."

A flash of light, I feel like I'm everywhere and nowhere at once, then I'm behind 'Magic Star'. All the other pony shapes turn their heads towards me. I think I see Puzzlemint smile at me.

I give Magic Star a big hug. She gasps. I feel her slip inside me, or maybe I slip inside her, and I feel something else wiggle inside me/us/her as I/we/her feel us/me/her becoming some thing new, and becomes something new with us.

All the spells at Destruction stop, but a really big one of Pen's half appears, it breaks apart, but it stops Destruction's red light thingies . . . Destruction looks around like he's waking up from a dream. Pen slaps him with his gold leg.

"...I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

"A LOT of it. She prevented you from making things far worse for yourself, Destruction. I believe you owe her some gratitude."

"Yeah, thanks."

The pony shapes are looking at me all surprised.

A light shines, is that . . . a mirror in front of me/her/it/us?

My mane . . . turns all silvery with really light blue shinning through . . . my coat is really blue . . . my eyes are violet. My cutie mark . . . it's a magic wand with a swirl of sparkles kinda like a crescent moon, maybe?

My witch costume . . . it's purple now with lots and lots of different colors stars, and it has a pretty gem at the center . . .

I think I hear Destruction say, "A unicorn? Out of two earth ponies? How'd that happen?"

A unicorn? Is that what I am? Of course, what else would I be?

"An unexpected outcome for an unexpected action. Maybe this is what they both wanted deep down. . . . Her light isn't breaking apart . . . So, it seems the three of them together were enough . . . congratulations little pony, it seems your choice gave you the spark you needed, selfless sacrifice has nothing to do with the night of fear. enjoy your life, you've earned it. And thank you. And good-bye."

"Strife wasn't whistling Dixie after all. You're a tricky little pony . . ."

Dixie? Tricky? Trixie . . . I am . . . Trixie?

I'm staring to glow . . . like a star… I feel so . . . sleepy . . . the last thing I see before I close my eyes is the purple unicorn pony . . . I wonder if we'll be friends when we wake up . . .

I dream and remember . . .