• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 1,318 Views, 7 Comments

Contest of Love? - AnimeKid22



Applejack and Rainbow Dash have been dating for a while and things seem to be going pretty well. They every time they can't come to an agreement on something, they do random competetions, just as they always have. This time around is no exceptio

  • ...
14
 7
 1,318

The Decisive Conclusion: The Grand Finale!

It was finally time. This would decide who would win once and for all. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were more than ready and were itching to get this thing started. They both were pretty good at climbing and had never been more ready for this moment. The image of their goal that was pictured in their mind were within their grasps and it was as if they could reach out and touch it. They had planned to start in the morning, but they had to wait for Twilight and it was about noonish when they finally saw Twilight and Pinkie Pie. Pinkie wasn't missing this one for anything. Except for chocolate rain of course. Then again... yeah. No Discord here. So no chocolate rain to be had, which Pinkie thought about from time to time. She wished the narrator would add one of those delicious cotton candy clouds, but that's not about to happen as this is about Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Anyways, going back to story; the judges were ready and RD and AJ had finished their exercises and were ready to get climbing. Rainbow's wings had been securely fastened down to ensure that she didn't try to cheat again. She was offended that the notion that she would cheat was put out there, but hey, you never know.

Applejack and Rainbow had been rock climbing before and were using a rope to climb instead of a harness or something. They were fully prepared and waiting for Pinkie Pie since it was her turn to wave the flag. Pinkie Pie looked at the two which complete seriousness. There was silence all around and Twilight was feeling an awkwardness due to how quiet it was. Applejack and RD felt it too. Awkward silences are weird. Pinkie Lifted her arm with the flag in it, and took in a big gulp of air, and she yelled

"WHO WANTS A CUPCAKE?!" They all just stared at her.

"PINKIE!!!" They all yelled in unison.

"Oh. Right. Sorry!" Pinkie smile apologetically and was going to offer a cinnamon bun, but then they stared harder. "Ok ok. Got it." Pinkie lifted the flag and waved it and with her loudest voice possible, yelled "GO!" and Applejack and Rainbow started climbing.

It was easy for Applejack, she was used to climbing and using her muscles for things like this. Her confidence was high and her goal was just at the end of those rocks. She could almost taste it like so many apple pies she had devoured in the past. Rainbow Dash was moving almost as quickly, but almost wasn't good enough. She had to catch up and pass her marefirend, for her ice skating and cuddles were in sight! Nothing would stop THE Rainbow Dash and her awesomeness! They were climbing at an equal pace now, head to head and not even an inch ahead of the other. AJ and Rainbow were sweating quite heavily from the combination of the weather and climbing ropes up a rock wall. They looked at each other, narrowing their eyes and tryingn their hardest to climb faster.

"Y'all ready to give up Dash?" Applejack said smugly.

"Nah. If you decide to give up because you can't beat my pure awesomeness, I wouldn't blame you. I am Rainbow Extreme Dash after all!" Rainbow kept a smug grin on her face while Applejack muttered something about her nickname being Tsunderella just quiet enough that Rainbow couldn't hear. Seriously. Rainbow is a Tsundere. It fits her perfectly. "What was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!" Rainbow exclaimed. Actually she just couldn't hear her.

"Uhm... I'll see y'all at the finish line!' Applejack wasn't gonna hear the end of it if she actually told her.

"Of course you will. You'll also have a great view of my flank!" Rainbow shook her flank for emphasis which made Applejack blush. She looked away in frustration and looked up, noticing something off. It looked like something was wrong with Rainbow's rope. Applejack gasped and turned to Rainbow.

"Rainbow! Y'all need to slide down the rope! It's about to snap!" AJ was scared it was gonna break and Rainbow just laughed.

"Of course you'd say that. You just want me to lose! There's no way i'm doing that and i'm gonna win this thing to prove how awesome I am!" It was at that moment, that Rainbow heard a peculiar noise which followed by a weird sensation. As though she were falling. Rainbow was falling. She blacked out.

Rainbow Dash had lived her life almost consuming herself with confidence. Not necessarily a bad thing, except to the degree in which she did it. She remembered her mother telling her something.

"Pride comes before a fall, Rainbow Dash. Never forget that. You should have confidence, and certainly take pride in what you do. However, never ever let your pride take hold of what you do. Never let it get in the way of friends or loved ones, because it will only bring your downfall." Rainbow finally understood what her mom meant by that. Too little, too lat I suppose.

Rainbow woke up to the sound of a machine beeping and weird smells. Oh, and white. White everywhere. She felt groggy and her head hurt. She looked to her right, and then her left. She saw Applejack with her head next to her foreleg. Sitting up, she felt a dull pain in her side, she noticed the gauze wrapped around her wing and her leg in a cast and being propped up slightly. She decided to lie down again so she wouldn't hurt herself. The doctor came in and noticed she was awake and smiled.

"I see you're awake miss Dash. How are you feeling?" The doctor inquired.

"I'm feeling ok. My head hurts a little, but other than that i'm doing ok." Remembering the fall, she assumed the worst. "How bad is it doc? Am I gonna be stuck here for weeks or something?" That worried Rainbow greatly. She wanted to go on a date with Applejack. Oh. Right. She lost. Rainbow felt kinda sad about that. She looked back over at AJ and then the doctor. "How long has she been here?" Rainbow asked.

"She's been here for a day. You've been out for 36 hours miss Dash. Shen said she wouldn't leave your side." The doctor smiled at her. "Young love is a curious thing." Rainbow just blushed.

"Yeah. She's pretty great. I'd be a mess without her." Rainbow felt overjoyed that Applejack stayed with her. It was moments like this that she fell in love all over again. She leaned over and ran her hoof through AJ's mane while she smiled and in that moment, felt that having Applejack and being alive was the most important thing to her. She may have a lot of friends, but she only had one marefriend. And one life. Applejack started waking up and looked up at Rainbow to find that she was awake. She bolted upward and hugged her tightly. Applejack started crying.

"I thought I'd lost ya Rainbow." Applejack was so happy to know that Rainbow was ok. "I'm so glad y'all are alive. I was so scared." Rainbow stopped her with a hoof on her lips and then kissed her. Applejack smiled and kissed her back. It was one of the best moments of her life knowing that Rainbow was ok.

"I suppose I lost the contest then." Rainbow was a bit sad about that.

"Oh I don't care about a contest Rainbow. I'm just glad you're ok." Applejack nuzzled Rainbow and kissed her again. Just then, a knock was hear at the door. "Y'all can come in." Twilight and Pinkie came in the room with worried looks on their faces. Pinkie looked like she was about to start crying and her mane and tail had flattened.

"How are you feeling Rainbow/" Twilight asked. Pinkie just started wimpering.

"I'm feeling awesome! Shouldn't have to be here for too long." Rainbow gave them her best smile. Pinkie started crying and hugged Rainbow Dash.

"Oh Rainbow i'm so glad you're alive! I thought you were dead when you didn't respond to anything we said!" Pinkie rubbed her face into Rainbow's coat. Rainbow hugged Pinkie until she calmed down. Then out of nowhere, her man and tail went back to their poofy self and she grinned like the cheshire cat. She offered Rainbow a cupcake which she ate because she had been out for a day. She couldn't find a box or anything that Pinkie could've put that cupcake in. She was the only one to question Pinkie's randomness. She needed to quit though. No one can solve the mystery that is Pinkamena Diane Pie. After a while, Rainbow gave up because her brain hurt. After a good talk, Twilight and Pinkie left. No doubt Pinkie would be planning a party for Rainbow for when she got back.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were alone and decided to talk about the contest and what they were going to do about a date for their anniversary.

"What?!" Rainbow thought she had heard wrong.

"Y"all heard me Dash. I'm compromisin' so we both get what we want." Applejack was serious.

"But you were the one that won the contest!" "Rainbow exclaimed.

"I know. And this is my decision. When you got hurt, it made me realize somethin'. We both let our pride get in the way of something silly. I love you Rainbow, and no contest will ever change that. We're not perfect. Fat from it. Relationship[s are something you gotta work with to nmake it work. So for both our sakes, i'm setting aside my pride, and compromisin'." Rainbow was surprised by this, but she learned a lesson about pride from all this, so she decided to do the same.

"I think I can do the same AJ. I love you too much to let something like pride get in the way. Something my mom taught me as a filly but never really understood till now." Rainbow laughed. Applejack joined her and laughed and then they kissed agAIN.

"So what happens now?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, we wait till you're better and then go on a date.' Applejack stated.

"Yeah. I can't go anywhere with my leg like that." Rainbow laughed. "Oh. And by the way AJ, I need to tell you something." She motioned Applejack to come closer to her. Applejack leaned in and Rainbow held her face and kissed her passionately. After a few minutes had passed they parted and Rainbow looked into her eyes. "Happy anniversary babe."

THE END

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading my story everyone! This one was a challenge for me as I've never written an AppleDash story, but I absolutely love the ship. All aboard the SS AppleDash!

Comments ( 3 )

5307720 No that's ok. I was rushing myself to finish this story and didn't get to polish off the edges. I may go and fix it up in the future, but I got a few projects I'm busy with at the moment. Thanks for letting me know about the errors :pinkiehappy:

The sentence Soon the moon would be eclipsing the sun and cows would flying around. The sentence should be Soon the moon would be eclipsing the sun and cows would fly around. Or the sentence should be Soon the moon would be eclipsing the sun and cows would be flying around.
The sentence That would that would make this interesting and less predictable wouldn't it? The sentence should be: That would make this interesting and less predictable, wouldn’t it?
The sentence She could picture it now, Applejack and herself skating along like genuine bad flanks and laughing for no apparent reason other that the fact that they were having fun and doing awesome spins and stuff. The sentence should be: She could picture it now, Applejack and herself skating along like genuine bad flanks and laughing for no apparent reason other than the fact that they were having fun and doing awesome spins and stuff.
The sentence If you guessed anypony other than Pinkie Pie, then you need to watch more ponies man. Should be If you guessed anypony other than Pinkie Pie, then you need to watch more ponies, man.
The sentence Now that she had her coffee, she could prepare for the days events and win! Should be Now that she had her coffee, she could prepare for the day’s events and win!
The sentence There was no way she would lose to Rainbow Dash because they were on Sweet Apple Acres, her territory that she grew up on from the time she was just a filly. Should be There was no way she would lose to Rainbow Dash because they were on Sweet Apple Acres, her territory that she had grown up on from the time she was just a filly.
The sentence It was almost time and she could never be more ready for some aside from being accepted into the wonderbolts which would be the icing on the cake. Should be It was almost time and she could never be more ready for something aside from being accepted into the Wonderbolts which would be the icing on the cake.
The reason that the word wonderbolts needs to be capitalized is because it is a proper noun. For more on this: go to this website: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wonderbolts
The sentence Well was a few times... Should be Well there was a few times...
The sentence "You're going down AJ!" Rainbow stared determinedly at Applejack and readied herself for take off. Should be "You're going down AJ!" Rainbow stared determinedly at Applejack and readied herself for takeoff.
She pulled a cinnamon bun from... well use your imagination. Are you really sure that you want to say that? I mean, some people out there have really sick and twisted imaginations. I know this because I am one of them. Now I am not saying that my mind went there immediately or that that was an image that I wanted in my mind, but after a few seconds, my mind went there and it disgusted me.
The sentence “It's fine Pinkie, you can wave the flag." Should be “Its fine Pinkie, you can wave the flag."
The sentence We did the last one together, and there is an equal number of trees, so I think it should be a tie." Should be We did the last one together, and there are an equal number of trees, so I think it should be a tie."
Again sorry if I come across as being a jerk when I try to help fix the grammatical and spelling errors

5307783 It would seem I have a bit of work to do here :rainbowlaugh: It's all good. I accept any and all forms of constructive criticism because it helps me and I otherwise may not notice the error at all. Thanks for the help :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment