• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 121 Views, 0 Comments

The Unique, Crazy, and Slightly Depressing Story of Doodle Phoenix Bug - Bambisbb



Doodle Bug recounts the tale of her life with her closet friend.

  • ...
 0
 121

And then got a little better...

I didn't get the courage to tell my mom what happened to me until I was twelve...She wouldn't stop apologizing to me...

My mom eventually stopped using the foalsitter. She saw how uncomfortable I was around her, and thought it was weird. She switched to another one, Ice Cold, and she was really, really mean. Around this time, she met Lazy Worker. She didn't like him, and everyday she'd come home, pay Ice, and talk to me about how silly Lazy was. Apparently, he'd ordered something weird, and she wouldn't serve him. It happened everyday.

One day, Ice got sick, and mom took me to the cafe with her. She'd stopped working at the pet store because the boss was mean to her. While I was sitting there, Lazy Worker walked in. I watched him, and thought about how awesome he looked. He walked up to the counter and sat down, waiting for the waitress. Except all the other waitresses were on break, so it was just mom. I think Lazy ordered the same thing, because my mom just scrunched up her nose. I heard her from the other side of the cafe, just shout, 'Make it yourself!' Before going to walk away. I saw Lazy grin, and he put a hoof under his chin.

The sentence that made my life infinitely better, was this: You wanna go see a movie?

My mom glared at him, replying with, 'I have a foal.' As she gestured towards me, now pretending like I wasn't paying attention by scribbling at a piece of paper while talking to Puppy.

I peeked over. By now, the cafe was silent, the other waitresses quiet as they waited to see what Lazy would say. They were all no doubt crushing on Lazy...

My ears perked at the next sentence, and I couldn't help but grin.

'We can see Over The Forest.'

Over The Forest was a foal movie, about squirrels or something. It was Lazy and mom's first date.

After that, I saw Lazy more often. We saw movies together, sometimes without mom! We'd spend the entire day just doing nothing. Every date mom and Lazy went on, I was always there. I think mom saw how much I liked Lazy, because she got more comfortable around him. It was a month or two later that we moved in with Lazy. He himself was living with his dad, but he had a HUGE room and an even bigger house! I met Steel Wrench and Joystick while I was living there. Steel Wrench was Lazy and Joystick's dad, and he was so nice! Joystick was okay, he let me stay up at night and eat sandwiches with him while we played games that he probably shouldn't have let me play. He also let me meet his girlfriends before anyone else, I don't know why. I think there was one that he tried to tell me ate little foals...I didn't believe it, of course, but I got the message, don't come out of the room.

I found out why we'd moved in with Lazy so fast 11 months later, when my baby sister Spring Loaded was born.