• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,401 Views, 658 Comments

Harmony's Creed - Gapeagle



I am Den Master Octavia Melody. I write these words so that the future generations may remember our endeavors.

  • ...
15
 658
 4,401

Chapters Next
Chapter 1: A Familiar Situation

Chapter 1: A Familiar Situation

By Octavia Melody

Ah! It felt lovely to hold a quill once more. It's been too long since I had a chance to record the Brotherhood's activities and my own story. The duties of Den Master are endless. I was either performing some menial task like bribing the Canterlot heralds or assaulting a Templar courier. Though sometimes I have been sent on larger missions with the Bearers of Harmony, but not lately.

But now I had the freedom to relax and write. A privilege that many cannot boast about. The majority of people here in Equestria are illiterate. The common folk do not see the reasoning behind reading. I cannot imagine being illiterate. It is not blood or death that make me cringe but this certainly does. Maybe it is the Templar's doing. To create a sense of disregard for learning and knowledge. A people who do not know the wrongful actions of their government cannot object to them.

I am going off topic! I should be writing about our activities no? Well, the Templar are on the move once more. They seem to be adding on to their already vast military. It appeared that their recruiter, Iron Will had been busy. The brute practically forced the Equestrians to join their Order. I doubt the Templar or even the Equestrian Empire possess any volunteers. The Templar established a barracks in the newly formed town of Appleloosa to the south. The Brotherhood had already stationed a Den close by. The Den has no master yet, but hopefully will in the next upcoming days. This war of attrition between the Templars and us has the impression to be continually spreading. It may go beyond the Equestrian borders in the next two years. Though I consider that unlikely.

I feel like I must reveal the history of our enemy. The Templar were established long before the Assassin Brotherhood. According to legend, they were founded by the Shadow King Sombra of the Northern Crystal Empire. His goal was to establish complete Order. He called it Absolute Order, where the few make the choices and the many follow out their commands. Leadership was to be never trusted in the hands of the common folk. They were too insignificant to reign. There was to be no Chaos or Harmony. Though Harmony had not yet formed into existence. All that we really know about King Sombra was that he was successful in the creation of Absolute Order and the Templar. After his death, his minions took his Order beyond the Crystal Empire, spreading it to the far corners of this mysterious world. Now it seems they run this Empire along with the Two Sisters.

We Assassins have never had influence beyond Equestria. We started right here in Canterlot. The old Starswirl the Bearded founded the Brotherhood two centuries ago when he created the Elements of Harmony. The Templar influence had reached Equestria by then and he feared them. The Templar, even at that time, were known to be greedy and manipulative. They could overthrow a government in days and none would be the wiser. So He gave the Elements to six nameless heroes. They were the original Assassins. They formed the Creed and fought the Templar. Generations past and we still have the Elements. The Elements can no longer be freely given like how Starswirl performed, they now choose their Bearers. This generation, the Bearers are six girls. Their names are Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity. They, like me, had very humble beginnings.

I was a musician that played for the haughty noblemen and women at Canterlot balls. It was not until my old friend Vinyl Scratch threw me into this organization, that I had any authentic purpose. I did not join by my own choice, but by Vinyl's. Unbeknownst to me, she was an Assassin. She thought I would make a fantastic contribution to the Brotherhood. I didn't want to abandon my only friend, so I reluctantly joined. I rose above her in rank but she still outshines me. She is the unofficial "Destructive Junkie" or "DJ." Her term for weapon and machine inventor. She works alongside the Brotherhood's chief engineer, Lyra Heartstrings. They have invented many contraptions that let us have the advantage over the Empire and the Templar. One of them is the pistol, a small device that propels a lead ball at high velocity, meant to puncture and bleed an individual. This weapon has been a favorite of the Bearer of Magic.


As I wrote this, I turned my head to the right to find an imposing black mask in my face. The wooden mask had no facial features. The only feature it possessed were two purple eye shaped lenses allowing the wearer to see. The dark purple lenses created a sense of soullessness in the mask's wearer. If I hadn't known any better, I would have screamed and attacked the menacing mask. Instead I gave a frustrated sigh.

"Vinyl, I am writing! You know how easy it is to startle me when I am writing!" I shouted at the mask.

"Aww! Tavi, you know how fun it is to mess with ya." The inventor responded while sliding a hand through her electric blue hair.

I crossed my arms. "It would be fun for both of us if you didn't wear that bloody mask everywhere."

Vinyl chuckled. "What? This mask is practically my identity. There isn't much to hide beneath it."

"What are you doing here at such a late hour anyway?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah, that's why I'm here. You have a summons by..." She started an improvised drumroll. "...The Bearer of Magic!"

These were summons I could not ignore. This by far was not the first time Twilight has called for me. This was just such an unusual time. Maybe it was a vital mission? A new campaign to begin against the Templar? I must stop writing here for now. I must get to the Bearer of Magic.

~

Author's Note:

This is an AU humanized Equestria. Just for you to know. No characters from AC in this, only MLP.

Also canon personalities and lore may not be the same. That goes for AC lore as well.


Do not hesitate to say or ask anything. But as of right now, the writing improves after chapter 9.
Also, this being old is nothing. Feel free to say anything anyway.

-Cheers for That!

Chapters Next