• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 5,154 Views, 692 Comments

Let's Get Boyfriends! - MythrilMoth



Pinkie Pie comes up with another game to play with her friends. This time, the challenge is to get boyfriends or die trying.

  • ...
49
 692
 5,154

Prologue: "Let's Get Boyfriends!"

"Let's get boyfriends!"

Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack stared, eyes half-lidded, at Pinkie Pie.

"Sugarcube, any time you start a conversation with 'Let's something blank', it turns out t' be a great big mess o' crazy."

"Yeah, that whole 'let's be evil' thing got WAY outta hoof," Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh come on, that was over a year ago!" Pinkie cried, throwing her hooves into the air. "Nopony even remembers that anymore! Twilight's a princess now! We've saved Equestria twice since then! We've got a freakin' castle!"

"I've got a freakin' castle," Twilight said. "You've got a freakin' throne and a suite of rooms that keep getting gunked up with cake frosting."

"But what none of us have," Pinkie said, "are boyfriends." She looked around at her friends. "We're the six most eligible mares in Ponyville! Stallions should be falling all over us! But look at us! Nothing! When was the last time any of us even went on a date?"

The others looked around at one another.

"Well, now I'm depressed," Rainbow Dash said. "I mean, I don't even care about boys and I'm depressed."

Applejack scratched her ear. "Ah don't really care about that stuff, but...Ah guess maybe Ah really should be lookin'. Seein' as me an' mah brother an' sister are th' last generation of Apples at Sweet Apple Acres."

"I've simply had the most dreadful luck with stallions," Rarity said, poking at the ground with a hoof and pouting.

"Well...we all know why I don't have a boyfriend," Fluttershy said softly.

"Because your house smells like critter poo?" Pinkie suggested.

"No, because—well, alright, I'll give you that one," Fluttershy said with a sigh.

Twilight frowned. "Do we really need boyfriends to complete our lives?"

The others stared at her.

"Says th' one who went to another world an' had a boyfriend over there," Applejack said.

Twilight's cheeks burned, and a small smile crossed her face. "Yeah...Flash Sentry..."

"So why haven't you hooked up with the Flash Sentry over here yet?" Rainbow asked.

"He's a wiener."

"So anyway," Pinkie said, pulling out a cloth bag, "in this bag, I've got wooden tiles with the names of all the eligible stallions I could think of." She tilted her head. "Sooooome of them live outside of Ponyville or might be hard to track down."

"Wait, wait. I don't like where this is going," Twilight said. "You're not suggesting randomly pairing each of us up with a stallion we might not be compatible with, are you?"

"Of course I am!" Pinkie said happily. "It wouldn't be a fun game otherwise!"

"A 'fun game'?" Applejack asked, raising an eyebrow. "You mean like the whole 'let's be evil' thing?"

"Yeah! It was totally fun!" Pinkie said, beaming.

"Uh...huh," Rainbow said flatly.

Pinkie sighed. "Look...sure it'd be easy for each of us to just pick a stallion we're vaguely to strongly interested in and make an actual effort to start a relationship. I mean, if I wanted to take the easy road to having a special somepony, I'd just track down Cheese Sandwich and...I dunno, rut him into submission or whatever." She rolled her eyes. "But it's more FUN to try to score a boyfriend chosen by blind random selection!"

"Yeah I'm out," Rainbow said. "Your crazy schemes always end in weirdness."

"I'm with Rainbow on this one," Twilight said. "The evil thing at least had potential, but this...this is just stupid."

Pinkie grinned evilly at them. "I thought you might say that. So here's the deal. Either (a) you go along with my crazy scheme to get random boyfriends, or (b) I make sure you all suffer the horror of eternal farting."

The others stared at her.

Pinkie gave them a half-lidded smug, superior stare. "Eteeeeernaaaaaal faaaaaaaartiiiiiing," she drawled.

"We don't have a choice in the matter, do we?" Rarity asked.

Twilight sighed. "If anypony can make good on a threat that ridiculous, it's Pinkie."

"Then we're all in?" Pinkie asked brightly.

"Yeeees," the others chorused in defeat.

"Yay!" Pinkie cheered, clapping her hooves. "Alright, so here's how it goes. Each of us is going to draw the name of a stallion from this bag. Then, the game begins. You each have a month to make the stallion you've drawn your special somepony. Now, here are the rules." She held up a hoof. "Rule number one: You can't tell anypony about the game." She held up another hoof. "Rule number two: No love potions, love spells, or love magic of any kind." She held up a third hoof. "Rule number three: no blackmail, kidnapping, or torture." She held up a fourth hoof. "Rule number four: anything else goes! Seduction, romance, being coy, chatting them up, outright asking them out, or just plain throwing them down and rutting them." She held up a fifth hoof. "Rule number five: in one month, we all meet up for a big group date with our boyfriends." She held up a sixth hoof. "Rule number six..."

"How are you even DOING that?!" Rainbow cried, a horrified, nauseated expression on her face.

Pinkie glared at her, then continued, "Rule number six: no faking the meet-up date. If you and the stallion you picked don't show up as a happy couple, you lose."

"Alright, so what are the terms for winning and losing here?" Twilight asked.

"If you win, you have a boyfriend," Pinkie said. "If you lose, you have to try again. We play until all six of us have boyfriends."

"So...that's it?" Rainbow asked. "No prize for winning? No penalty for losing?"

"The prize is love!" Pinkie said in a chipper tone. "And if you lose, well...your penalty is the soul-crushing depression of knowing you're totally undateable and no stallion will ever want you, ever."

"Eep!" Fluttershy squeaked.

"Wow. Way to darken the mood, Pinkie," Rainbow said.

Pinkie shook up the bag, the wooden tiles inside clattering noisily against each other. "Oh yeah, one last rule: no complaining about whose name you draw."

"Hold up there, sugarcube," Applejack said, raising a hoof. "What happens if Ah reach in there an' pull out Big Mac's name?"

"If that happens, you get a do-over," Pinkie said. "Incest is icky."

"Fair enough."

Pinkie stopped shaking the bag, laid it on the table, and spread it open. "Okay everypony," she said. "Draw."

Author's Note:

And so another comment-driven story begins!

Once this has a sufficient number of comments, I'll tally up the first round of matches.

In order to vote, you need to submit matches for ALL SIX mares, NOT JUST your favorite mare. If your comment doesn't contain matches for all six mares, it will be disregarded.

Here's a suggested list of available stallions:

Big Macintosh
Braeburn
Bulk Biceps
Cheese Sandwich
Fancy Pants
Flash Sentry
Gizmo Poindexter
Hoity Toity
Joe
Silver Shill
Soarin
Spike
Thunderlane
Time Turner


Note that this is not even remotely a complete list of all available male characters (that aren't colts), so if there's a character you'd like to vote for that isn't on this list, go ahead and vote for them. I'll validate against the master list of ponies when tallying the votes. Keep in mind that they have to be eligible. Also, no votes for reprehensible ponies that none of the Mane Six would touch (Blueblood, Flim and Flam, Hugh Jelly) and also I'd really prefer there be no votes for Trenderhoof. NO R63s!!