• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 3,195 Views, 46 Comments

In Each Other's Hooves - Sumiye



When the Elements of Harmony get into a heated argument about who has the hardest life and who could do each other's jobs better, fate decides to make things interesting...

  • ...
8
 46
 3,195

Everypony has Rough Days

"Alright. Snacks? Check! Pillows? Check! Stereo if we wanna dance? Check!" Twilight Sparkle giggled, staring at the supplies piled around her.

"This is going to be so much fun!!" The Unicorn clapped her hooves together in glee, but stopped when Spike came running into the room, a scroll in his hand. He quickly placed it in front of her, and Twilight sighed as she picked up the scroll with her magic, opening it in the process.

"Another task from the Princess, Twi?" The young protege nodded solemnly, closing the scroll and tossing it to the end of the room, where five scrolls had already been set.

"She's asked me if I had any more reports to send, and that she would like to see one. I don't get it!! This is the fifth time today she's asked me to either send or help her with something..." Twilight sighed again, but stopped when Spike placed a claw on her shoulder, offering her a comforting smile. The Unicorn softly smiled back, showing her friend that she was okay.

"Yeah...okay. Spike?" The little dragon stood up, a confident smile plastered on his face.

"Yes, m'lady?" Twilight laughed at the giant ego the little dragon had, and then stood up straight. Twilight knew she couldn't let things bring her down.

"Get ready to send a message."

****

"UHHHH!!!!" Rainbow sighed, falling down in her cloud bed. Puffs of cloud flew up all around her as the mare spread her wings out, trying to ease the pain of having to fly around all day. Rainbow cringed as she tried to fold one of her wings, which resulted in a shot of pain going up her wing and to her head.

"Why am I feeling like this? I'm Rainbow Dash! Best flier in Equestria!! I don't fee-" The Pegasus stopped ranting as another shot of pain came from both her wings, causing her to slump back in her bed.

"This is torture." Rainbow Dash muttered, burying her face into her hooves.

"RAINBOW DAASSHH!!" A high voice called out, and the Pegasus groaned before slowly getting up, trudging over to her window. Rainbow groaned even more when she saw who it was. Pinkie Pie. The Pink Earth Pony jumped up and down below, trying desperately and happily to get her voice to reach where her friend was.

"Hey Rainbow Dash! Twilight's almost ready for the Sleepover! You coming?" Rainbow Dash groaned. She had completely forgotten about Twilight's get-together.

"Yeah!" The Cyan Mare called down, wincing as she folded her wings in. "I'll be there soon!!"

"Okie dokie lokie!" She heard the Earth Pony yell back up, and relief washed through her as the loud bouncing of her friend soon became a distant whisper.

****

Applejack jumped, flinging the cart of apples on her back into the basket waiting in front of her. She quickly turned around, scanning how many trees she had left. Only 100 more.

"Great." The Orange Mare sighed, but stopped when the distant sound of someone calling her name rang through her ears.

"Applejack! Sis! Wait up!" Applebloom soon came to a stop in front of her sister, her breaths large and heavy. Applejack smiled, waiting as her sister slowly caught up on her breaths.

"Can ah help in anyway?" The filly finally managed to speak, her breathing finally slowing down. Applejack quickly looked between the trees and her sister, guilt forming.

"Ah'm sorry Applebloom, y'all are just to young for this kind of work. Ah'll ask Big Mac to help." The filly grumbled under her breath, slowly trotting away, back to the barn in the middle of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Big Mac?".

"Eeyup?" A deep voice rang in Applejack's ears, and she smiled as she saw the oldest of the Apple Siblings stick his head out the top window on the barn, his eyes searching for who called. Soon, he finally spotted Applejack, and smiled.

"Could ya help me with Apple-bucking?" Her question came out slowly, and a ring of silence followed before she hard and answer.

"Eenope. Sorry, AJ, ah got other things to do." Applejack groaned as her brother's head vanished from view, and her only hope of the not going to Twilight's tired and aching.

****

"I'll be with you in a moment darling." Rarity raced alone the isles, grabbing dress along the racks with her magic and tossing them to awaiting customers.

"Excuse me, Miss? Could you patch up this hole on my suit? I have a party I have to go to tonight." The Unicorn raced by, ripping the suit out of the stallion's hooves with her magic, and charging back to her sewing room, she quickly slowed to a trot, picking up supplies and starting the sewing machine with her magic. She quickly began to work, and in mere seconds, was back to the impressed stallion, giving him the suit.

"Just leave the money by the register." She called as she moved on, trying to help all her customers. She sighed once more, but stopped when a hoof came down on her back.

"Miss Rarity? I've been waiting for over an hour, and I'm sure it doesn't take that long to grab a dress off the rack." Rarity blushed, and slowly floated a single dress off the rack, and into the awaiting hooves of the mad customer. That didn't satisfy her, and Rarity's eyes darted from left to right, trying to avoid the harsh glare she was getting. Finally, the Unicorn sighed with defeat, putting her head down.

"If you had I wait in hour...then I guess this one is free." She smiled with relief as the unhappy costumer grinned, trotting away toward the door. Before the mare walked out though, she turned around, saying something that made Rarity's eyes widen with fear.

"RARITY'S GIVNG OUT FREE DRESSES!!!" And then all was chaos.

****

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Bear, I just can't help you right now." Fluttershy said apologetically, staring at the bear in front of her. The bear quickly turned, glaring in the other direction. Fluttershy's eyes watered as she watched one of her favorite animals friend shun her.

"No! Please don't be mad! I'm sorry, I'll give you anything, just PLEASE don't be mad!" The bear slowly turned back to a crying Fluttershy, growling as he did so. After the growling stopped, Fluttershy's eyes widened with fear and disgust, and she started to back away slowly, fear growing in her eyes.

"That's horrible! I would never give you some thing like that!" The bear swiftly turned away again, and Fluttershy stepped forward again, but stopped when multiple noises came from behind her. She turned around, and almost fainted when she saw all her other animals speaking to her, each telling her what they wanted.

"Please...one at a time..." All at once, the chattering stopped, and Fluttershy turned to the first animal she saw, a small deer. The deer quickly turned to her as well, telling her what it wanted.

"I'm sorry...we don't have anymore lettuce...I can't stop by the market toda-" her answer was interrupted as the animals started to rang again, leaving a terrified Fluttershy in the middle.

****

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, to Ponyville TODAY!!!!

Pinkie Pie finished, landing on her hooves. She panted heavily as she grinned at the new Unicorn couple, and her eyes gleamed as the couple smiled back, trotting away into town, bouncing a little as they did.

"Oh, rats! I forgot to ask them their names!! Well, I'll just ask them at the PARTY!!" Pinkie Pie jumped in the air, her grin grower bigger by the minute, but stopped when a small sniffle interrupted her thoughts. The Pink Pony quickly turned her head, and gasped when she saw Dinky Doo galloping along the road towards her, tears running down her cheeks.

"Pinkie!" The filly yelled, galloping straight into the awaiting pony's arms. Pinkie Pie softly held the filly, hugging her tightly as the young Unicorn cried. She smiled as she heard Dinky's cries calm down to just sniffles again, and slowly set the filly down, ready to make her happy again.

"What happened Dinky?".

"Well, I was walking down the road with my Mom, Ditzy Doo, and we were having a fun day, but then Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon came up," Pinkie Pie nodded, watching the filly closely to make sure Dinky didn't cry again.

"And they said I should be ashamed about having a mother like mine!" Pinkie gasped, her eyes widening to the size of dinner plates, and then narrowing into slits.

"They said that?" The Pink Earth Pony asked, earning a slow nod from Dinky Doo, and Pinkie thought for a moment before picking up the Unicorn, tossing her up onto her back.

"How about this," Pinkie started, her eyes gleaming. "Let's go to Sugarcube Corner, and we can both have some Cake and Sundees while we try to figure out how to prank Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon!" She smiled as Dinky nodded, and started to walk, before a loud voice yelled her name.

"Pinkie!!" Pinkie Pie slowly turned around, and her eyes twitched when she saw five other fillies come running towards her, each crying.

This is going to be a long day. Pinkie thought, sadly and cheerfully.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry if the characters seemed OOC, this is only my second time writing them and trying to have them act like themselves. Just DO NOT judge the entire story by this chapter, it will get better.