• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 316 Views, 4 Comments

Surprise! Surprise! - Angel Star



Angel Star plans on moving to Ponyville, but when she gets there, there are a few surprises awaiting her.

  • ...
 4
 316

Chapter 2: My Trolling Friend, Margaret

When I got to the train station, the ride was uneventful, and I managed to make it to Ponyville with zero problems. Ponyville looked like a nice little town, and the best thing that it had was Sugarcube Corner. I couldn't wait to go there and buy as many cookies as I wanted, but now was not the time for that, now was the time for getting me a house!

As I was looking around Ponyville, I spotted a very familiar looking pony walking casually by herself. "Wait!" I said, as I stopped myself. "Is that who I think it is?" It couldn't be, no! It HAS to be-
"Margaret?"

I walked over to the blue green unicorn mare and asked, "Margaret, is that you?"

She turned around, and when she saw me she looked like she was about to scream in delight. "Oh. My. FREAKING. Gosh! Angel Star, is that you?" I was right, it WAS Margaret…actually I probably should of known that, seeing as she's the only pony I know with a troll face for a cutie mark.

I gasped, and said, "Margaret, it is you! How have you been?"

"Doing great!" She exclaimed, as she jumped in the air. "You?"

"Oh, I'm planning on moving here."

Soon as I said that her huge smile faded away very quickly. She then kept staring at me like I told her I committed a murder or something awful like that. Starting to get uncomfortable with the look she gave I asked, "Uh, Margaret? What's the matter? Your starting to scare me."

She then said, "D-Did you happen to meet a pink Earth pony mare by the name of Pinkie Pie?"

"Uh, no. Why?"

She breathed a sigh of relief and said, "OH THANK GOODNESS!!! Because with you, I wanna do it!"

Confused, I said, "Margaret, what are you talk-"

Before I could finish she quickly told me to not move into any houses yet, and to avoid Sugarcube Corner at all costs then ran in the opposite direction. "Um, ok? What just happened?"


Listening to my friend's advise, I avoided buying a house. I don't know what she was planning, but whatever it was it had to be important. Then again, this could be just another one of her pranks…
For as long as I can remember she's always been good at pulling pranks, and trolling others. I REALLY hope that this isn't a prank of hers.

As I was walking, I saw Margaret from far away talking with a pink Earth pony mare, which I assume was Pinkie Pie.
What the heck are they up to? I thought, as I started getting closer. I then hid behind a bush to try and see what they were planning. Before Margaret said anything, however, Pinkie Pie said something about her Pinkie sense tingling and that somepony was eavesdropping on them. Then they both got out of there quickly.

What in the world just happened? Was all I could think of at the time. I got out of the bush I was hiding in, and stared in the direction they left.

Alright, Margaret's definitely planning something. And I'm gonna find out what it is!


I followed the two everywhere, but whenever I got just a little too close to them, Pinkie Pie's Pinkie sense would tell them to get out of there. I spotted them in town and tried hiding in a trash can, guess what? Same thing happened! I spotted them a library and tried putting an invisibility spell on me, but you know what? Same thing happened! I spotted them at a park and tried hiding up a tree (don't ask how I got up there), but guess what? Same freaking thing HAPPENED!!! And to top it off, I was in a tree that had BEES in it.

Oh my gosh! This is getting me no where! I have to try and get near them without activating Pinkie's Pinkie sense! But how...
Before I could think of anything, I noticed that I was walking down this path that lead to a cottage. How did I get here? I thought, as I looked at it. There really was no reason for me being here so I walked in the opposite direction.

As I was trying to think of a better way to approach the two mares, I saw them again, only this time they seen me. Pinkie Pie's face was wearing a smile, while Margaret's face was wearing a look of confusion.

I walked over to them and said, "Uh, Margaret? What's g-"

Before I could finish, Margaret stopped me by raising a hoof and said, "Hold that thought for a second, I wanna ask you something. Why were you eavesdropping on us?"

I stared at Margaret dumbfounded, HOW IN CELESTIA'S NAME DOES SHE KNOW I WAS EAVESDROPPING ON HER!!!?? I then managed to calm down and said, "W-What are you talking about Margaret?" I plastered a forced smile on my face as I said that. Hopefully she's buying it.

She then put a smirk on her face and said, "Oh don't play dumb with me Angel! I know it was YOU eavesdropping on us and not somepony else, because you always seem to do that when you REALLY wanna know something."

Nope. She...she didn't buy it. DRAT!!! Her knowing me so well is a blessing and a curse sometimes! I was starting to lose my composure as I said, "I uh, well you see, um…"

"Yes Angel?"

Thats it. I'm done. "Alright Margaret, you caught me. But what I wanna know is how did you know it was me?"

"Well, Pinkie Pie here kept telling me that somepony was listening in on our conversation, and plus when we were in the park, I saw you falling out of a tree, then you running and screaming because a bunch of bees were chasing you."

"Oh…you saw that?" I said as I looked down at the ground.

"Oh! Not to mention that we also saw you jumping in the lake to try and get the bees to stop chasing you! Oh! Oh! AND we also saw you getting out of the lake, but the bees were still there so you got out and kept on running, and running, and running, and running, and-"

"And running. We get it Pinkie." Margaret said, as she was holding a hoof up to stop Pinkie's rant.

"So, are you mad at me?"

"Not in the slightest, and even if I was I think you suffered enough from those bees." She said, wearing that smirk again.
"But anyways, the reason I've been talking to Pinkie Pie is because we have a very special surprise to show you!"

I raised an eyebrow and said, "Surprise? What surprise?"

She smiled and said, "Just follow us!" She then motioned for me to follow her.

I gave her a skeptical look and said, "Hold on! This isn't one of your pranks, is it?"

"Nope! Just come on!"

Still wearing my skeptical look, I decided that if it was a prank I'd get her back later, and then I followed them.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed! Comments are appreciated!