• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,656 Views, 44 Comments

Sssh! - Caniville



The mane six are holding a silence contest. Who wins?

  • ...
6
 44
 1,656

Pinkie

Pinkie was not having fun. When Mr. and Mrs. Cake got home after the party, they were immeadiately suspicious when she didn't start telling them all about it. She just smiled and went to bed. When she got into her room, the sight of balloons and her party cannon made her want to sing, so she had to tape her mouth shut and put all her things away. Then Mr. and Mrs. Cake came in, saw her with tape over her mouth, freaked out, and ran downstairs. Pinkie tore the tape off her mouth and ran after them, silently trying to placate them. Mr. Cake ran out of the house and somehow Mrs. Cake felt cornered, so she grabbed a broom and slapped Pinkie repeatedly, screaming awful things about changelings. By then Pinkie's mane was completely deflated, so she ran out of the house.

Now she was sprinting through Ponyville, swerving past ponies and holding back tears. She smiled weakly at each pony who waved, then galloped on. Suddenly she slammed right into something, flopping onto the ground as her eyes spun around crazily. Pinkie blinked slowly, narrowing her eyes as she tried to figure out what she hit.

"So sorry, Pinkie Pie!" A voice said. "I didn't see you there. Where'd you come from?" Pinkie took the extended hoof, struggling to her hooves as a green unicorn came into her blurred vision. The pony looked at her, surprised. "Is everything okay, Pinkie? You seem sad." Pinkie faked a smile, rubbing the side of her head. The unicorn frowned, pulling the earth pony into a hug. "What's wrong?" Pinkie sighed, pulling away from the hug and sitting down on a bench, tucking her legs beneath her. The unicorn sat next to her, hunched down with her back legs splayed in front of her. Finally Pinkie recognized her as Lyra Heartstrings, the pony convinced that anthropology wasn't a bunch of hooie. She smiled at her, glad to see a friend. Then suddenly she remembered her ordeal, and sunk back into a pool of self-pity.

"Oh come on, Pinkie Pie. You always make us happy, so now I'm returning the favor. Tell me what's wrong." Lyra gazed at Pinkie with kind and comforting eyes. Pie smiled and sniffed, wiping away her tears. If this game caused her so pain, she shouldn't play. Pinkie opened her mouth, breathing in deeply as she prepared to speak. Suddenly, a yellow stallion weilding a mop jumped out from behind the bench.

"It's a changeling!" Mr. Cake yelled, swinging the mop. "That's why it won't talk!" Lyra screamed and immediately kicked out with her legs, flailing her arms and falling behind the bench. The unicorn struggled to her hooves and sprinted away, promptly falling on her face. Pinkie jumped after her, opening her mouth. Lyra spun around and slapped Pinkie right across the face, sending out random sparks from her horn. Pinkie fell to the ground, clutching her cheek. She tried once again to speak, but the pain in her face prevented her from opening her mouth. Lyra twisted in her spot and galloped away, tripping multiple times as she ran away as quickly as she could. Mr. Cake swung his mop again, missing Pinkie entirely. It flew out of his mouth, landing in the dirt a couple feet away. He looked at Pinkie, the mop, and back at Pinkie, then turned around and ran away as well. Pinkie struggled into a sitting position, keeping a hoof stuck firmly on the side of her face. She was not having fun.

Author's Note:

Things are not looking good for Pinkie. Can she win the contest? Does she even want to anymore?