• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,655 Views, 44 Comments

Sssh! - Caniville



The mane six are holding a silence contest. Who wins?

  • ...
6
 44
 1,655

Twilight

"Hi, Twilight! How was the party?" Spike looked up from the dustpan he was using, smiling at the princess as she entered the kitchen. Twilight smiled back, nodding to him as she pulled out a cup from the drawers. She silently sat down at the table, reaching out with her magic and reheating the tea Spike had made.

"You look much better, Twi," The dragon said, tossing out the items in the dustpan. "Did you go somewhere?" Twilight just shook her head, watching the kettle on the stove. Spike looked at her curiously. "Something wrong?" He asked. "Why aren't you --- " Suddenly he clutched his stomach, cheeks and eyes puffing out. He opened his mouth and let out a huge belch, flopping to the floor as a neatly sealed scroll appeared in the air. Twilight caught it with her magic, unrolling it. Her eyes widened as she saw was written.

Dear Princess Alicorn Twilight Sparkle of Friendship,

Yesterday I had sent you eleven parts, thirty pages each, of paperwork for you to fill out to confirm your residence in the chrystal castle and position as princess of friendship. It was due this very morning, by order of the royal court. I did not recieve said paperwork, for in fact I did not recieve anything at all. The court is giving you one week of grace days. If you do not send the required papers by that day, I will have no choice but to evict you. I send my apologies, but you are marked tardy.

~Princess Celestia

Twilight frowned, closing up the letter and giving it to Spike. She hopped off her chair and headed in the direction of her study, then paused. If the winner is announced in less than a week, She thought, grinning maliciously, then they have to fill out all the paperwork! She clapped her hooves together in truimph, spinning on her hooves and marching out the door. She flung the door open, greeting the weak morning light with a broad smile. Somepony was going to lose. And she would be there to see it.

***

"Oh, hello, Twilight." Mrs. Cake opened the door to Sugarcube Corner, smiling nervously at the alicorn before her. "Oh, should I have said princess? So sorry, Princess." Twilight opened her mouth, then quickly snapped it shut again. She thought for a moment, then just smiled and shrugged, strolling into the sweets shop. The mare behind her watched with confusion. "Is something wrong, Princess?" She asked. Twilight turned around, tapping a hoof to her chin as she tried to figure out how to ask. She looked around, spotting a pink cupcake. She grabbed it with her magic and held it up, gesturing towards it and making a questioning expression with her face. Mrs. Cupcake looked at it, puzzled.

"It's a cupcake, Princess. Do you want to buy it?" Twilight shook her head, grabbing a pie off the stove where it sat cooling. She pointed at the pink cupcake, the pie, back at the cupcake, then the pie again, all the while trying to look like she was asking a question. The struggling princess was met with a blank expression. She sighed, looking around the shop for things to gesture with. Twilight spotted Gummy, picking him up and holding him out to Mrs. Cupcake. She stared at him, baffled.

"That's, um, Gummy, Princess," She stammered, darting her eyes around nervously. "I don't know what you want, Princess, I'm sorry. Can't you just tell me?" Twilight sighed, dropping the things she had been using. She headed towards the stairs, hoping to find what she sought up there. She barely had her hoof on the first step when she was stopped by Mrs. Cupcake. "I'm sorry, Twilight," She said, casting her eyes downward. "Employees only." Twilight stared her, spreading her wings and flexing them pointedly. She took off her crown with her magic, waggling it in front of the mare. Mrs. Cupcake glanced at it, shuffling out of the way. "Sorry, Princess!" Twi slapped the crown back onto her head, strutting regally up the steps. She found the door to Pinkie's room, knocking on it carefully. When no reply came (much to her disappointment) she went inside, glancing about the room.

The lights were turned off and the curtains drawn, with the sheets of Pinkie's bed neatly folded. The balloons were slightly deflated and the party cannon was put away in the closet. Twilight looked around the empty room, puzzled. She knocked quietly on the doorframe, hoping for one in reply. When none came, she turned away and headed downstairs. When she reached the bottom, Twilight was met with a very scared looking Mrs. Cake armed with spoons and pans, and a pot as a helmet. She crouched at the foot of the steps, staring at the Princess while extending a metal spoon in shaky hooves.

What are you... Twilight couldn't complete her thought as Mrs. Cake chucked the spoon at her face, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Changeling!" Oh, no.