• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 489 Views, 0 Comments

A Price to Pay - Petchricor



When Sparkler and Dinky are in trouble, the Doctor must come to save the day (Based off of Ask Discord Whooves)

  • ...
 0
 489

Help us

Author's Note:

I'd like to note one last time, that this is based off of the Discord Whooves blog, if you haven't read it this probably wont make a whole lot of sense. But, basically, the Doctor has been discorded and is now evil. There was a scene where he beat Derpy and yelled at Dinky and Sparkler. Sparkler doesn't quite understand what's going on while Dinky knows that he's gone bad, so that's relivant. Other than that all you need to know is that he's kinda evil...ish. But, that's all. Enjoy

The Doctor woke up with a start to a sharp pain in his back. He groaned and stretched his wings out subconsciously to wack whatever was behind him away. His feathers hit something solid and he sighed in relief when the pain stopped. He closed his eyes again and rested his chin on the counsel, completely prepared to go right back into his dreamless sleep uninterrupted.

"OW! What the hell?" he shouted as something stabbed him in the back. He whirled around to see Anata looking right at him with an almost fearful expression and his anger was lost to it. "Anata, what's wrong?" She hovered his psychic paper in front of him and the Doctor took it in his hoof, raising a bow. "I don't-ow, ow ow ow." The Doctor dropped the paper onto the floor because it was starting to make his head hurt terribly. "What the bloody hell?" Anata snorted and brought it back up, stomping her foot on the TARDIS floor. "Ok, ok! Christ." The Doctor took the psychic paper again and opened it. The headache faded as he looked down at it, words appearing in a sloppy text. "What the-oh no."

Help us! The Doctor didn't know how but he just knew that it was Sparkler and that she and Dinky were in grave danger. The Doctor dropped the paper onto the floor and ran over to the counsel, sleep completely forgotten as he started pushing any number of buttons to get where he wanted to go. He would never admit it but the Doctor was shaking like a leaf as he got a reading on Sparkler and Dinky, then headed straight for them. He didn't know the TARDIS could take this long to land, it seemed like forever that he paced in front of the doors waiting for her to get there. When she finally did he shoved them open and ran out.

"Sparkler?! Dinky?!" he cried out as he ran, looking to and fro for them. He heard a soft cry that his jumbled mind recognized as Sparkler and he took off running towards it. "I'm coming, I'm coming, just hang on," he muttered under his breath as he took a sharp left down another hall and forced his legs faster. Both his hearts were pounding in his chest so hard that he thought at least one of them might come flying out and hit the walls as he ran, his hooves banging against the metal flooring as he passed an endless amount of rooms. "Sparkler, Dinky!" Another shout, this time closer, and the Doctor forced his legs faster despite the pain that shot through them at the exertion. If someone had hurt even just one hair on their heads, they would pay dearly. "Girls?!"

"HELP!" The Doctor pulled his legs up short and he turned right down another hall as he heard Sparkler shout. He came to a halt at an open door that held Sparkler and Dinky inside, both chained to the wall and looking terrible. Their coats were covered in any number of things and their manes were cut terribly short, they looked exhausted. The each had black collars around their necks, though the Doctor didn't know what they were for, but that wasn't important right now. Sparkler looked up, slight disbelief in her eyes. "D-daddy?" The Doctor nodded and entered the room, taking out his sonic screwdriver and freeing them from their bounds. Sparkler hugged him tightly, shaking. "Thank you, thank you so much for coming." He nodded and wrapped a wing around her.

"Of course I came," he said softly, looking over at Dinky, who was glaring at him. He sighed. "I know I've been a terrible pony to all of you. I hurt your mother and I tried to hurt you, I know you can never forgive me for it but please, let me get you both out of here." Dinky looked away, silent for a moment before nodding. "All right, come on. This way." The girls followed him out of the room and down the hall, now merely walking. Somehow this all felt off and the Doctor was tense as they walked, making sure that they were close to him. Sparkler was directly on his right side and Dinky was a few inches behind him to his left, ears back and a glare still on her face as she followed him. The metal groaned and the Doctor came to a halt, ears flying up as he listened closely. Sparkler got closer to him in fear and Dinky did a bit too, but not enough to really be noticed.

"What was-AH!" Sparkler screamed as the ceiling and walls started to cave in around them. "Daddy!" The Doctor raised both wings so that his right hovered over Sparkler with he ushered Dinky quickly under his left. The metal continued to seemingly shrink around them.

"Run!" he shouted over the groaning of the metal. "And stay close!" He took off quickly while keeping them both safely under his wings as the metal debris fell all around them, the walls bending and twisting as the metal groaned and crackled. It was also getting extremely hot, making them all panted heavily as they ran. "Left!" They all turned together down the hall and kept running, the Doctor ducking his head down as the ceiling lowered. He stole two glances at the girls, seeing the fear on Sparkler's face along with tears and the fear mixed with determination on Dinky's. He looked forward again and kept running. "Right!" They again followed his lead as he turned.

The Doctor grunted as a hunk of metal rammed into his left wing, tearing away some feathers and making him bleed, but he kept it over Dinky as they ran. Almost there, almost there. Dinky's scream made the Doctor pull up short and turn, seeing her back left hoof stuck in a piece of melting metal. Sparkler stopped too and gasped, watching the Doctor as he ran over and grabbed her by the back of the black collar, lifting her up out of the hole and wincing at the state of her back hoof, which was fire red and pulsing terribly. The Doctor didn't even think about setting her down as he turned back around and kept running, bringing Sparkler back up under his wing as he ran to usher her forward with him quickly. Sparkler followed along without thought as they ran down the ever shrinking hallway and towards the TARDIS, which came into sight after the next turn.

"Anata!" the Doctor called passed Dinky in his mouth and the doors opened, letting them run inside without a hassle. The Doctor kicked the doors shut behind them and he laid Dinky down on the floor. "Get us outta here!" Anata nodded and the TARDIS started up, leaving the melting hallways behind. The three stood there for a moment, panting from all the running and letting the coolness of the TARDIS settle into their bones that had just seconds ago been in blazing heat. The Doctor took a deep breath and looked down at Dinky, who was looking at her burned hoof with a frown. He sighed softly and leaned down, looking it over. "It's a second degree burn, it'll heal up in a few days. Come on, I'll give you something for pain." The Doctor picked Dinky up by the back of the collar again and carried her through the TARDIS, Sparkler following behind with her hears back and head hung.

The Doctor walked into a small medical room he had and set Dinky down, letting her injured hoof hang off to the side as he walked over to the cabinet. He sifted through it for a moment before pulling out a small jar with a yellow goo in it, then he walked back and set it down. He let Dinky use her magic to apply it to the burn, wincing in sympathy when she hissed in pain. It didn't take long for her expression to relax and she let out a sigh of relief, giving the Doctor a thankful smile as he put the jar back. When that was done the Doctor turned to Sparkler and gave a soft frown. She was sitting in the corner, staring at the floor. He headed over to her.

"Sparkler?" She looked up at him and the Doctor looked her over, wincing a bit at the state of her wrists on all her hooves. The skin was peeled away here and there and it was rubbed raw all over. The Doctor grabbed another jar, this one with purple goo, and walked over. "Here, apply this. It'll sting a moment but it will help it heal and take away pain." Sparkler nodded and used her magic to apply it as she had seen Dinky do, then watched him put it back. "Does anything else hurt?" He looked over at Dinky, who shook her head, then at Sparkler. His ears flew back when he saw tears in her eyes as she looked away. "Sparkler, what's wrong?"

"It...it's nothing, r-really," she mumbled, but she knew that the Doctor didn't buy it one bit when he scowled at her. He looked her up and down, looking for any other signs of where the pain could be. As he looked her over his ears went back and back, his eyes narrowing. She had bruises of some kind along her side and she had scratches too. But what really got his attention was the marks along her neck and left shoulder, covered in hardened blood and probably a little infected, were bite marks, pony bite marks. Upon seeing these he looked close and saw her posture, how awkwardly she was sitting and how her front hooves were covering her more...private parts. The Doctor didn't speak as he cleaned out the bite marks and bandaged them up, Sparkler letting him do so without a fuss or a word. When he had put the supplies away and Sparkler was in a chair, Dinky still on the table, he turned towards them and sighed heavily. He walked over towards Sparkler.

"Sparkler, please, look at me," his voice was soft and kind. Sparkler hesitated a moment but looked up at him, taken aback by the sadness there. "I wish that I could've been there sooner, but I'm afraid that I can't make up for it now, I'm sorry. However, I promise you that the stallion that did this to you, both of you, will pay for what he has done. But right now, we have other things to attend to. Like the state of your fur and mane, you're both a mess. It's time to get you washed up." He smiled warmly and turned to Dinky, who looked very surprised at what he had said. "You look like you could use a ride."

"Uh, yeah, I guess," Dinky said, still in slight shock. Sparkler got to her hooves and watched as Dinky climbed onto the Doctor's back and used her front hooves to balance herself as she settled them against his shoulders. The Doctor chuckled at Sparkler's delighted expression.

"Come on, the bath's this way," he told them as he walked out, Sparkler right by his side. He lead them down the hall then opened a door to a large room that was tiled in blues, greens and whites all over. It had four bathtubs and two large cabinets that held all sorts of cleaning products. Sparkler and Dinky looked around in awe for a moment then turned when Anata entered with a mouthless smile. They both smiled awkwardly back, the Doctor taking the fact of how they were 'born' to be why they could see her as a pony and not an hourglass. "Anata will help you however she can, all right?" They nodded and the Doctor set Dinky down by one of the bathtubs. "I'll be in the main counsel room if you two need anything, ok?"

"Ok, daddy," Sparkler said as she looked one of the large bathtubs over curiously. Dinky merely nodded and he left Anata to tend to them, knowing how utterly and completely unwelcome he was during this time. When the door shut his head hung terribly and his ears flew back while his eyes narrowed angrily as he remembered the marks all over Sparkler's body. That bastard had raped her, he had raped Sparkler, and he would pay dearly for it, the Doctor would make sure of that. But for now he had to make sure the girls got back to their mother unharmed, but he also couldn't let them go back with that murderer still on the loose. They had escaped and he obviously knew it, he had been the one to try and melt the building, obviously. And if he knew they had escaped he'd stop at nothing to kill them because they could be his downfall. And the Doctor would see to it that they were.

The Doctor walked into the counsel room and sighed heavily as he sat down on the couch, sprawling out comfortably and leaning his chin against the armrest. He was so tired, all that running and the adrenaline had really done a number on him, but he knew that he couldn't rest now. After an adventure like that he would not only surely have nightmares but he had to be awake when the girls were done, he needed to talk to them about staying with him just for a little bit until he could catch the murderer, and once he did they could both go home. He sighed heavily and let his eyes close for just a moment, letting them rest after all that fear and running, but he opened them quickly before he could really fall asleep. He sighed heavily. His ears perked and he turned his head when he heard the girls coming down the hall towards him. He sat up straight as they entered the counsel room with Anata.

"All better!" Sparkler said with a wide smile. The Doctor smiled back. Anata had cleaned them up really well, all the dirt and blood and other stuff was all gone, she had also reapplied their medicines and tied their tails in bows for good measure. Though Dinky didn't seem very happy about hers as she rode on Anata's back. Anata walked over towards the couch and set Dinky down on the far end. Then, with another mouthless smile, she left the counsel room. Sparkler trotted over to stand in front of the Doctor. "So, are you gonna take us home now?" The Doctor sighed and tugged gently at his bow tie, getting a glare from Dinky.

"I can't, not quite yet," he muttered. He could see that Dinky was biting back a retort in favor of hearing him out, which he was thankful for. "I'd love to, trust me I really would, but I can't. The murderer is still out there and he obviously knows you both got out, that's why he started making the whole place melt as we tried to leave. If I sent you back home he'd most likely kill you so you couldn't give him away, to keep you quiet. So, I can't let you go home until I catch him." There was a long silence where both stared at the floor, taking what the Doctor had said in for a moment. He hoped they would see his reason and take it, because if they didn't he knew it wouldn't be right to force them to stay with him. Dinky sighed heavily and he looked over at her, she was glaring at him again, but this one was softer than the others.

"Fine," she hissed. "But only for a little while and you had better try your hardest to catch that creep, ok?" The Doctor nodded vigorously in response. "Sparkler?" They both looked over at the other unicorn, who was still staring at the floor in silence. She looked up at the Doctor, her eyes filled with fear and brimming with tears.

"I don't want mamma or Warden to get hurt," she whispered. "I'll stay." The Doctor nodded and Sparkler sat next to him, letting him wrap a wing around her. Dinky watched them in silence for a moment before looking away, her whole body tense as she sat in silence. "If we're staying for a little while, does that mean we get rooms?" The Doctor thought it over a moment and nodded. "Cool!" Anata walked back in and picked Dinky up with her magic, setting her down on her back.

"Looks like Anata was way ahead of us," the Doctor remarked as he and Sparkler hopped off the couch, following her down the hall. Anata lead Sparkler and Dinky to a room they would share. It was large with two beds and plenty of toys and things for them to play with, since they would be here awhile they'd need things to entertain themselves with so the Doctor could work. He left Anata and them to playing and looking around as he headed back to the counsel room, deciding to start right away on finding that murderer that needed an ass whooping.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment