• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 500 Views, 0 Comments

The Souls of Those Past - Letter Sent



You were exploring a forest when you decided to take a rest on a tree you were nursing to health and let your mind wander, what a bad idea that turned out to be.

  • ...
 0
 500

The tree

You wake up in your home, a nice little home on the edge of a lush beautiful forest, brimming with new adventures for your mind. You are Scarlet Jumper, a vibrant red mare with purple eyes to match your oddly coloured horn that spirals into a beautiful violet tip in which you focus your magic through, allowing you to sew beautiful tapestries that rival those in the old castle of the princesses.

One day as you are walking around the forest you end encountering an old grove, full of small freshly planted saplings, you feel it as your obligation to water them and give them the nurture they need to grow. With your magic you carry a small supply of tools to the grove and set up a little shelter for them there, so you don't have to make any return trips to care for the saplings.

A few days of caring for the saplings you see that for some reason, they are at full growth, three beautiful oak trees stand before you and you lean on one, resting your hooves on it's base you let your mind wander to figure out how they grew so fast without even a noise of them breaking the tree-line. Your mind flowed out of your body and into the air as you looked down, seeing what seemed to be three ponies with an almost ghostly appearance.

Floating back down you saw yourself asleep and the ghostly pony clinging to the tree, jumping with a fright you saw the pony's face had been mutilated by something, looking torn and stripped of any proper fur or skin. The pony was a filly, obviously shown by her size and build, her coat was stained a sickening red from it's obviously natural yellow colouring.

With only looking at her you saw your body squirm in fear, as you grew accustomed to the poor filly you began to ask questions but she answers none of them. She continues staring at you with obvious sadness in her bared eyeballs, she almost seems just as scared as you are.

“Hello? Oh it's no use, you're not going to talk to me, are you little filly?” you asked into nothingness only to see the little filly start trying to speak but as soon as she opened her mouth it was filled with a sort of darkness that emanated from behind you. Turning around you saw a stallion about your age, shrouded in darkness so only his hooves, his eyes and his... Tool were visible, it almost seemed as if this being scared the filly, taking a defensive stance you struck out at the stallion, your hoof only going through him and him taunting you with an evil laughter.

After picking yourself up you look at where the figure was, only to find him gone, the filly behind you spoke up saying that the stallion you saw did that to her, whirling around you saw the filly as she had been before what had happened to her.

She was crying so you moved to comfort her before hearing a voice matching hers say that she was going to show you what happened to her. Noticing a stallion resembling the one you saw earlier walk into the alcove and comfort the filly and ask her why she was there, hearing her say she was lost the stallion stood up and grinned, quietening the little filly he began... Touching her...

You attempted to avert your eyes but could not move any part of your body, you were being forced to watch this foul stallion do terrible things to this poor little filly. The next thing you saw was a sudden jump to after the act of horror when the stallion began bashing the filly's muzzle against the tree and scraping it along, obviously trying to kill her. The blood pouring from her face stained her coat at her neck that same sickening red from earlier, after this the filly was alone again, crying in pain after what happened.

You thought it had ended but the stallion came back with a shovel to finish the job, breaking her neck with a few hits he began digging a hole, presumably to bury her, his horn lit up, wait, horn?
You only just noticed you could now see the horn and full face of the stallion, he matched the description of a known criminal still around the area perfectly, you then knew more about him than even the guards did.

He looked at the sky, knowing he'd just pulled off another crime and laughed, covering the filly with a last mound of dirt and patting it down under a tree before galloping off with the shovel still in his magical grasp, you attempted to follow him but the filly-ghost stopped you saying that it was dangerous to go without your body and that she'd free you from her hold now for you were in danger.

Then you woke up, the stallion looming over you with a shovel, crusted with the filly's blood, kicking him off of you you stared him in the eyes, and swore over the dead filly he had buried here that you would take him to justice. You felt a surge of power brought upon by your anger, your mane and tail ignited with a bright flame. The stallion jumped at your eruption and attempted to flee, before he could escape you fired a magical bolt at his shovel, knocking it out of his magical grasp and into your own.

You struck out at him with the shovel, not enough to kill him but easily enough to knock him unconscious and limp to your will. You hefted up his body and dragged him out of the forest and into your house, calling the guards with your personal siren you waited at your door with the evil stallion chained on your wall like a dog.

The stallion stirred and looked at you, his cheek bleeding from where you whacked him with his own shovel, growling at you he lunged but got jerked back due to the chains, chuckling at him you showed him the key and the horn lock on him, prohibiting him from using magic to escape. The guards arrived swiftly and began questioning you, upon telling them about the filly's body in the grove one of the guards jerked upright and began glaring at the stallion for that filly had been his.

Swearing he would get out and find you the stallion was carried off kicking and screaming in his magical cage you nodded and walked back into the forest to the tree, resting against it you let your mind wander and the filly appeared to you, thanking you for the help and saying she can rest in peace, before she could go you asked her name. The filly turned and faced you, speaking only these words: “My name is Hope, Hopeful Day...”

Walking back home you chuckled to yourself about the stallion, remembering who he was and what he had done to you, and the last thing you said that day was: “Goodbye... Brother...”

So ends the story of Scarlet Jumper, the mare who had her brother, Sword Spinner imprisoned on the moon for the rape and murder of a filly, only one of his crimes, for her it was a success. She discovered a new path for her life as the next day she woke up and a new cutiemark had appeared on her right flank; a cute ghost under a magnifying glass. After seeing this she knew she had to talk to more people and possibly more trees to see the stories of more victims of murder.

The End

Author's Note:

Hello everybody, my second ever second fic has been finally released and I hope you liked it, I'm not too good with past tense yet so if you could give me some feedback on this I would be ever grateful! :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment