• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,978 Views, 350 Comments

X in Equestria - RoseluckyCinor



A bunch of random people now in Equestria in separate stories.

  • ...
28
 350
 4,978

Buddhist Monk

BUDDHIST MONK IN EQUESTRIA

“Brother Xiao Xian-Hunng, you are failing mediation class! You might fail if you don’t get your grades up. Start studying!” That came from Monk Dean of Monks Ting Bui. I nodded graciously and got out my mediation mat. The chilly, mountain winds blowing through the monastery hit against my bare skin like a knife. Hopefully they taught mind over matter sophomore year!

Sitting on the mat I began my mantra. “Pork fried rice… pork fried rice,” repeated over and over in my head. I hadn’t had much time to study over the past few weeks. One of the brothers was gearing up for the Starcraft II tournament in the village nearest the monastery. Winning it would win us two yaks.

Focusing brought calm over my body that fended off the chill. A slow darkness began to creep over my mind, bringing the enlightenment that all true monks’ desire. With apprehension I sought out my special place that one goes to when one meditates. For some, they choose nirvana, I chose my own nirvana, a place I heard of called Detroit.

Something was wrong, instead of the gleaming towers which marked the true motor city; I saw small wood houses, and creatures reminiscent of demons. A pink one approached me.

“Hiya! My name’s Pinkie Pie, what’s your name?” the demon asked me. I got up and activated my Tiger Chi stance.

“Howa, Demon! You won’t take my soul today!” I yelled at the demon. She looked taken aback. A blue, winged demon swooped down and stood betwixt us. Her hair shone like rainbows.

“Hey, don’t call Pinkie Pie names like that,” the winged demon said. I raised an open fist to her. It was go time.

“Flaming monkeys of the West,” I yelled as I leapt into the air, sunlight gleaming past my radiant body. The Blue demon narrowly slid out of the way as my fists landed in the dust. My face glared at her.

“You want to fight, tough guy?” she asked. Flapping wings maniacally, the demon launched at me. “Rainbow Special!” Her mane hit me like a rainbow brick wall, causing much pain to my self. She started throwing hoofchops left and right as I dodged fastly.

“Take my Whirling Lion Kick!” The world slowed as the pressure created by the kick turned the town inside out. Spinning with the power of a thousand furious mandrills my kick landed on her flank.

“Uwah!” she let out as she blew backwards. The walls of the house imploded inwards, showering the immediate are in a barrage of shattered shards. I began walking closer, cautious of a counter attack. She was standing in the middle of the sharded wood.

“This isn’t even… my true power,” she mumbled. Her hair and tail blew upwards, shards flying everywhere.

“Time to show… THE TRUEST OF POWER LEVELS!” I screamed. My hair too went up and out, turning into a nice powerful blue.

“Hoooooooooo!” she screamed.

“Goyaaaaaaaa!” I screamed. Finally, when our powers could go no higher, our screams stopped. We gazed malevolently at each other. “Bring on.” She nodded.

“Stallion Stare!” she yelled. Her eyes shot forth a beam of destruction that destroyed everything in its path. With a backflip the beam went under me in slow motion.

“You’ll have to try harder than that!” I said back to her who had previously said to me. Focusing my chi into a tight ball, I gazed levelly at her. “This is my most powerful move! A move that has never been used before!” Her eyes shot wide.

“You’re move is nothing to the final move that I have that is most powerful and also never shown before!” her hoofs went behind her and she too focused into chi ball.

“Hooolllooooooo!” she screamed.

“Goraaaaaaaa!” I screamed. With great power we shot our beams at each other. The beams collided with a massive explosion, blowing us both back. I clutched my chest.

“It cannot… be,” I muttered. That’s when I saw her flying at me. That infernal demon! Jumping from my mountain position, I leapt at her.

“Gaasfjasklfalsjkfg!” I yelled. Suddenly she was gone! My monk underpants were soon wresteld from their original position.

“RAINBOOOOOW,” she began. The pain was immeasurable. “WEDGIE!” The demons had won!


“Brother Xiao Xian-Hunng. You have failed meditation class. Please leave the monastery,” said the Monk Dean of Monks. I sighed. Ever since I had lost to the demons, I hadn’t been able to do anything right. Yet I had a plan. I knew where to go.

“That’s okay,” I told him, “I’m going to start a monastery in… Detroit!”