• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,978 Views, 350 Comments

X in Equestria - RoseluckyCinor



A bunch of random people now in Equestria in separate stories.

  • ...
28
 350
 4,978

Cloud

FOR MORNINGGLORY, WHO NEVER GAVE UP ON ME

Twilight Sparkle sat alone, like she did most nights, in her library. She was reading a book she’d long put off while lying in bed. Spike lay stretched out on the end of the bed, munching hungrily on a bag of gem jerky. Twilight dropped the book from her magic slowly, letting it fall lightly on her fuzzy chest. She breathed heavily and buried her head into a pillow.

“Ugh!” she exclaimed, though muffled through the pillow. “Why is it so hard to learn alicorn etiquette? Isn’t it all looking pretty and not doing anything important?”

Spike looked up from his bag of gems.

“It’s not that bad, Twilight,” he said trying to comfort his best friend. “And besides, Princess Celestia you had as long as you wanted before she gave you royal duties.” Twilight rolled her eyes but the motion was lost on Spike, who couldn’t see through the pillow.

“We all know what that means, Spike,” she said sarcastically. “It means if I don’t hurry up, my ass is grass!”

“Oh yeah,” Spike said slowly. He remembered the last time Twilight had failed Celestia.

“I just wish it wasn’t so hard being me,” she said.

“You think that’s hard?” A strange, masculine voice said. Twilight had never heard the voice before and her head shot up, pillow flying off and knocking Spike off the bed.

“W-who said that?” she asked. She looked around nervously. The door to her room was ajar and beyond it lie the shadows of the lonely home. She thought she saw something move, but she wasn’t sure. “Reveal yourself!”

A tall man pushed open the door and walked through. He wore a light-blue jumpsuit and had a long blade strapped to his back. His hair was a golden blonde and was formed into tall spikes which dragged across the ceiling, some of them left long scars in the wood. The scars dripped with hair gel.

“Pervert!” Twilight yelled, covering her naked body with the blanket on her blanket.

“You wish I was,” the figure said quickly, but then reverted to his devil-may-care attitude. “I’m Cloud.”

“Why are you here?” Twilight demanded.

“I’m the angel of angst,” he said. “You’ve been angsty, that means I had to visit.”

“Well I think it’s okay that I’ve been angsty,” she said. “I have a lot of responsibility now. I’m a princess.”

“That’s no reason, woman,” he said.

“I’m sixteen!”

“Doesn’t matter! I’ll show you angst. I’m, like, not even a real person,” Cloud said. He made a big show of placing his head between his hands and looking mournfully.

“Philosophy?” she asked. Cloud pulled his head up.

“No, I’m, like, literally not a real person. I’m some space alien cells and a dude’s memories.”

“That’s pretty wack, yo,” Twilight agreed. Cloud nodded.

“And the girl I love is in love with another dude,” he continued on. “Isn’t that just the worst?”

“Well you could be dead,” Spike said. He rose up from the floor and massaged his concussed head. “That would be the worst.”

“There was the time I was dead!” Cloud said hurriedly. He looked side to side. “Yeah, yeah I died and shit.”

“But you’re alive,” Twilight pointed out shrewdly. She patted herself on the back for an accurate observation.

“Nooooo,” Cloud said. “I’m not! In fact, I’m only half alive, actually.”

“How does that make sense?” Spike asked, he didn’t want this shit happening. He took a handful of gem jerky and lifted it towards his mouth. Cloud’s mouth turned into a large O as his jaw dropped and he dashed towards Spike. He knocked the gems from Spike’s hands.

“What are you doing, dumb dragon?” he asked angrily. “Those are materia, which you don’t eat.”

Spike spit at Cloud. “No,” he insisted, “they’re not. They’re gems that were dried and spiced with a dry rub.”

“Even if what you said was true,” Cloud laughed, “that wouldn’t make any sense!” Spike wasn’t amused. Cloud picked up a few of the gems and looked at them thoughtfully. “Now watch this, ICE!” He shoved a blue gem into Spike’s face. Spike gave it a small lick.

“No,” he said, “it’s avocado.”

“Are you being a bitch?” Cloud asked.

“Are we done?” Twilight asked. She had gone back to reading her book. Cloud turned to her.

“No, we’re not done. I need you to learn to not be angsty.”

“Well that’s too bad because I’m really busy and you’re annoying.” Cloud was shocked.

“I’m not leaving until you learn a lesson!” He declared. Twilight threw her book out the window.

“Spike,” she said, “take a note about how I’m going to kick this guy’s ass.” Twilight leapt out of the bed at the human. Cloud had years of military experience on her however, and he reacted quickly. He ducked to the left and came up with his shoulder under her soft, cuddly belly. Her fluffy coat stopped the blow and she came up swinging. But her fur was against her this time. Cloud was unaffected but her hooves due to the fuzzy fur. His hand brushed one of her hooves and he felt his heart skip a beat.

“I-” he stuttered. Twilight blushed.

“Don’t,” she said. But Cloud said it anyways.

“Ice,” he said. Cloud threw the blue gem at her face. It bounced off her horn.