• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,989 Views, 350 Comments

X in Equestria - RoseluckyCinor



A bunch of random people now in Equestria in separate stories.

  • ...
28
 350
 4,989

Clap Trap

Clap-Trap

“Hey there,” the metal contraption blurted out as he continued to pound on the library doors. Around him Ponyville went on as it usually did. However it seemed that ponies were taking an unusually wide berth for the library at this moment. “I know you’re in there, minion, so just open up!”

There was faint whispering inside behind the door. “What do we do?” asked one nerdy pony.

“I could fly us out of here,” came an athletic voice.

Twilight thought deeply. Surely they did need a way to get rid of the annoying robot. Inspiration struck Twilight. “Upstairs, trust me!” she told Rainbow Dash. The two ponies hurried upstairs.

“Oh my gosh,” Rainbow spouted as she glanced around Twilight’s spacious upstairs interior. “Is this magic?” The upstairs of the library, instead of Twilight’s lonely room, was now a cab stop. A cab stood waiting.

“Yes Rainbow, we will use this spell I invented to get out of Claptrap’s path,” Twilight told her. “Do you have fare?”

Rainbow grunted uneasily as she loosened some money that all pegasi have strapped under their wings. The two ponies approached the cab. The passenger window rolled down.

“’Ey, where ya’ going?” the driver asked in a New Yorkian accent.

“We would like to go to Applejack’s please,” Twilight said.

“Hop in!” the driver commanded.

As the two ponies got into the yellow cabbie, Rainbow Dash spoke to Twilight. “Why are we going to Applejack’s?” she asked.

“I don’t know, I’m not good when asked questions like that,” she responded.

Suddenly lights began to flash all around the interior, music blared through hidden speakers. The driver turned back to face the ponies. “Hello girls and welcome to cash cab, I’m Ben Bailey and I’ll be your host tonight. Are you two ready to play?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head repeatedly.

“If you two don’t play I’m afraid I’ll have to drop you two off with the annoying robot,” Ben said solemnly.

Twilight nodded her head, “I’ve been prepared for moments like this my entire life”

“Very good,” Ben said, “now here is the first question. The current ruler of Equestria is who?”

“Oh!” Twilight burst out, “Oh, oh, oh… uhm.”

“Twilight, we don’t have time to mess around,” Rainbow pleaded.

“Just give me a second….” Twilight told her.

Ben started to drive off to Applejack’s. He had told them he was taking the shortest route but it was taking an awfully long time.

“You’ve got ten seconds,” Ben called back.

“It’s Princess C-“ Rainbow wanted to say but Twilight cut her off.

“No helping!” she screamed. Twilight scrunched up her muzzle. ‘You got this’, she thought.

“Five, four, thre-“ Ben counted.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight garbled, “I knew I would get it.”

“Congratulations on the 50 bits, ladies. Now for the second question, Rene Descartes practiced a form of philosophy called what?”

“I’ve never studied philosophy before,” Twilight moaned. She fell backwards and covered her face with her hoof. “Truly we are doomed.”

Rainbow Dash piped up, “Radical doubt”

The lights in the cab flashed again. “Correct!” Ben yelled over his back, taking his eyes off the road and swerving into oncoming traffic. Horns blared about the cab. “Whoa-ho! Sorry about that,” Ben reconciled as he got back into his lane. “For the next question, how long is a mare’s natural estrus cycle?” Ben looked back at the blushing mares and put on some sick shades.

The two mares got out of the car. They were absconded by terrible Claptrap.

“Hey girls, I saw you two took cab, great work, you two should stay rested for this mission. Now I’m not going to lie, you might die, but that’s okay because you two are pretty capable. I’ve got complete confidence in you.” He wheeled closer and put his arms around the two. “I need you to go pick me up a donut from Pony Joe’s. About a dozen might do.”

Dejected, the two mares walked off from the bot. “We’ve got to do something,” Rainbow told Twilight.

“I have the greatest idea,” Twilight jazzed, “We get that Isaac boy down here and he’ll do something.”

“But how do we call him?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight scratched her chinny-chin chin. “I know what to do,” she garbled. “Isaac Isaac Isaac.”

A rather gaunt and scraggly man appeared before the two. “I knew you’d back,” he said.

“Yes, Isaac, we want you back and we want to play many games with you such as head-ball and menial labor.” Twilight grabbed a small magical sphere and put it in Isaac’s hand. “But first we need you to give this to that robot over there.”

Isaac nodded and ran over to the robot. As soon as they both held the sphere it erupted into a fantastic blue fireball. Both the things were incinerated.

“Well that’s that,” Twilight said.